Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nothing New (Janique and Estelle)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Nothing New (Janique and Estelle) Empty
PostSubject: Nothing New (Janique and Estelle)   Nothing New (Janique and Estelle) EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 7:18 am

Defence Against the Dark Arts had just ended and Estelle made sure she was one of the last students out. She felt nauseates and could feel the blood stitching her cuts together, making it awfully painful when she walked. She looked either side of the corridor before walking towards the ladies bathroom. Peering inside, the bathroom was empty. Going to the far back basin, she pulled off her backpack. Pulling up her skirt to just above her knees, she winced at how deep the actual cuts were. Reaching into her bag, she pulled out her first aid kit - something that has been with her since she started school. After kids... hurting her per say, Estelle didn't know spells that would heal her.

She took an alcohol swab and cleaned the itchy, dry blood off her shins. she bit down on her collar as she cleaned the wound. Underneath the dried blood was ugly, purple bruises beginning to form. Sighing, Estelle reached into her kit just as she heard a noise. Shoving everything into the corner and dumping to swabs into the sink, she painfully stood and pretended to wash her hands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nothing New (Janique and Estelle)   Nothing New (Janique and Estelle) EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 7:41 am

The Belladonna that had been just in time for class had peaked Janique's interest, and so she waited outside class for her. As she left, she watched her limp towards the bathroom and slipped in behind her. Observing the girl try to clean her wounds, Janique winced, knowing how painful things like those were. Overall, she seemed like an okay person - not annoying or all 'goody two shoes' like some people - and so Janique walked forward.

Rolling her eyes at the girl's attempts of trying to hide the items, she said dryly, "No need to do that. I saw the damage." Going over to her, she squatted by her legs, removing her wand. Not waiting for permission, she muttered, "Vulnera sanentur." When she was younger, before her father left, she had gotten into many scraps that he had healed for her. After... well, her mother had never really been good at the whole mothering thing, and so Janique was left mostly on her own. When she hurt herself at school, she had taught herself how to perform the minor healing spells so that she wouldn't have to visit the hospital wing, which she hated.

She waited the few seconds for the cuts to mend themselves and then cast a second spell, "Tergeo," to clean up the dried blood. Straightening, she slid her wand back into her robes. "All done," she said, before leaning back onto the sinks. "So, what happened?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nothing New (Janique and Estelle)   Nothing New (Janique and Estelle) EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 7:52 am

Estelle nudged her stuff closer to the sink as she saw an older girl go toward her. Suddenly she was in her personal bubble. Starting to freak out, she clutched the sink and edged closer to the wall. The girl moved down onto her knees and took out her wand. Paling, Estelle braced herself and felt her wounds stitch together. Letting out a small yelp, she looked for nearest exits. There was the main door, then there were windows off to the side. Her eyes scanned the room and suddenly the older girl was casting another charm. Bracing herself again, she felt the remains of blood peel off her legs.

Standing in shock and amazement, the younger girl looked up at the older girl. Her mouth opened up into a scream and bent down, grabbing her belongings and dragging it across the floor before hoisting it over her shoulder, she starting running for the main exit before stumbling over her skirt - once again. Her head collided with a nearby pipe which sent her flying back. Shadows were near her and she tasted blood in her mouth. Tearing up, she crawled onto her hands and knees into the corner. "Just get it over and done with." She spat, wiping the blood on her robe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nothing New (Janique and Estelle)   Nothing New (Janique and Estelle) EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 8:15 am

The last thing she expected happened when Janique saw the girl panic. She watched in horror as the Belladonna tried to run away and tripped, falling. A nasty gash was on her chin, and Jani ran over, wondering what was wrong. She knew the healing spells didn't hurt, so why was the girl so afraid?

"Just get it over and done with."

And then she knew. "No, no," she said gently. "I'm not going to hurt you." Merlin help me if I ever got my hands on whoever caused her to be so afraid, she thought. If there was one thing she hated with as much passion as she had for play-boys, it was bullies who preyed on those who were undeserving, and the girl before her did not seem like someone who deserved any harm. Taking out her wand once more, she performed the painless healing spell again. "Don't worry, I'm an ally."

She knew what it was like to be afraid, and although it was something she promised she would never allow herself to feel again, she knew that an ally was better than a friend. An ally was someone who would fight on your side, while a friend may only support.

Janique could be manipulative and cold hearted, yes, but when it came to the defenceless, her entire attitude changed, and she became someone you would want on your side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nothing New (Janique and Estelle)   Nothing New (Janique and Estelle) EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 9:02 am

Estelle turned her back on the girl and hugged her back pack. Shutting her eyes tightly, she whispered words to herself. Black dots formed in front of her eyes when she reopened them and her chin no longer felt sore anymore. Her hand went up as instinct And felt that there was nothing in there. Her hand dropped to her side as she hissed at the girl. "I don't need your help. Just piss off already."

She winces slightly, a throbbing headache coming on. She curled up and held her stomach. It always made her feel sick when she ingested too much blood. She used to be immune to it for all the blood noses she had.. But it wasn't so much her face that was effected nowadays. Her shoulders hunched and she sneered,"If you were smart, you'd realise that your own ally is yourself."

She moved closer to the wall until the girl was no longer in her personal bubble. Closing her eyes, she focused on how the marble felt underneath her and mentally counted to ten. She went slightly rigid as she got to the number 6 and blocked out her thoughts. She shifted in her spot and opened her eyes, ridding herself of the memories. Her eyes were clouded and she hasn't realised she dug her nails into her pain. Keeping it hidden from view, she stuffed her hands into her pocket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nothing New (Janique and Estelle)   Nothing New (Janique and Estelle) EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 9:16 am

"I don't need your help. Just piss off already."

With that, Janique straightened and smirked. Good, the girl had some sense after all. "Then I won't help you any more," she said, the caring tone dropping. "You know what you want, that's good." Janique officially liked her, and that was a rare thing. Now all she needed to do was make the girl understand that she was someone worth knowing.

"If you were smart, you'd realise that your own ally is yourself."

"Of course," she said, the smirk growing wider. Goodness, this girl wasn't as bad off as she had originally thought. "But I make a good ally should you need any assistance."

Watching the girl move away, Jani took a step back before sitting down and facing the girl. "You know what? I like you," she admitted, observing her closely. "If you want me to, I will leave. But let me tell you, if I like someone, that's not something that happens every day. Trust me when I say we can benefit from each other." Being blunt was something she never avoided doing, because she saw no point in beating around the bush. The real Janique was showing, something that hardly ever happened, and the Belladonna before her had no idea what rarity she was witnessing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nothing New (Janique and Estelle)   Nothing New (Janique and Estelle) EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 9:46 pm

Estelle felt like she was about to throw up. She hated being around people and it made it worse that this girl didn't have any intention on leaving. Maybe this was a different way of torture, to know what made her feel uncomfortable and use it against her. Holding her stomach, she took a few deep breaths. Surely her palms started to get heavy and she felt something rise in her throat.

This older girl was babying her, treating like she was someone who knew nothing. It made Estelle feel worse. Was she trying to teach Estelle how to be strong? To be a better witch? For the past 7 years, Estelle did fine on her own. Keeping quiet seemed like the best option right now and it meant that the other girl didn't talk. However, it seemed quite odd when the girl said that she liked Estelle.

Firstly, it sounded like a load of rubbish considering they had just come face to face. This girl should be sent to a loony bin. It sounded like this girl wanted to try and get a kick out of Estelle but she knew better then that. She thought that her parents were trusting, as well as the nanny, but look where that lead. Honestly, Estelle did not see any benefits of friendship. There are too many problems and it too much effort. Estelle thought that being friends with yourself is the only friendship you should have. Of course, there is the problem with mind demons and all...

Shaking her head, she sat up once she felt like she wasn't going to throw up. Then she noticed that the girl had moved back from her to give her space. At least some people had decency these days. She looked the girl over twice before pursing her lips together. Her British accent sounded harsh when she spoke to the girl,"I don't know you and you don't know me. No trust, no friendship. That's that."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nothing New (Janique and Estelle)   Nothing New (Janique and Estelle) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 1:46 am

She watched the girl carefully, taking in every move she made. Uncomfortable wasn't exactly the word Jani would have used, but it was a light version of what she saw. She knew, and she understood, but she didn't care. The Belladonna before her would make a good ally to have, and Janique was not going to back down until she got what she wanted.

"I don't know you and you don't know me. No trust, no friendship. That's that."

She laughed, not able to control it. "Merlin, you're taking things way too fast. I said ally, not friend." Her tone wasn't kindly, but it wasn't harsh, either. It was light yet neutral, and it was exactly how she felt about the situation. Taking out her wand, she placed it on the ground and gave it a little push; it rolled towards the girl, stopping inches away from her.

Leaning back, she rested her weight on her hands. "I don't know your name and I'm not going to ask for it. My name, however, is Janique, and you have my wand. Now, you see, you have the upper hand. I don't give that to people, ever." She smirked to herself. "Ask Callum. He was my favourite game. I had him from the start." Pausing, she waited for this to be processed. "Why would I tell you this if I didn't think we would make a good team? No friendship needed. Just a mutual understanding."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nothing New (Janique and Estelle)   Nothing New (Janique and Estelle) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 2:17 am

Estelle pursed her lips together and crossed her arms. She knew that allies meant to some sort of friendship. It was what happened in her orphanage. People wanted to make her life as horrible as it could be so the older children formed alliances and soon they were friends since they had a mutual feeling of hate. Reflecting back on it, no one stood up for Estelle or did anything to stop it. Apparently Estelle was an oversensitive person. This was exactly what that situation felt that. Side with the person means you can see their weakness and find even worse ways to destroy them.

Her brow rose questioningly at the girl as she rolled her wand to her. She left it in front of her, waiting a few moments in case it was a prank to explode. Looking down, nothing happened. She listened to the voice of the older girl. It seemed... off. Estelle could not exactly put her finger on it. She introduced herself as Janique. It was not a name she had heard of before, nothing common like Kate, Sophie or Rachel. She pulled her nose up when she started talking about some boy named Callum. Honestly, she did not want to hear this girls problems with a boy. She did not understand the whole boy and girl situation and did not want to start learning now.

A sneer rose upon Estelle's lips as she took the wand in her hand and snapped it in half. It was not hard to break, like snapping a twig. However, she felt no electricity when snapping it and it did not create any sparks. So much for being honest, Estelle thought. She tossed the two halves of the wand back at the other girl. Estelle was not dumb and if this was some kind of 'test', Estelle did not want to partake in it. There was no understanding between them and she did not want to understand anyone. Her face turned neutral when she spoke,"Fake. Just like your personality."

Estelle rose and took her bag, moving over to clear her bloody rags from the sink and toss them into the bin. She washed her face with cold water before drying it on her skirt, the sleeves on her arm rose to her shoulders and she felt an unfamiliar coolness on her skin. Shivering, she adjusted her shirt back to normal and tugged her hair down straighter instead of a birds nest shape.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nothing New (Janique and Estelle)   Nothing New (Janique and Estelle) Empty

Back to top Go down

Nothing New (Janique and Estelle)
Page 1 of 1