Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Janique Sandoval

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Janique Sandoval Empty
PostSubject: Janique Sandoval   Janique Sandoval EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:41 am

Full Name: Janique Taylor Sandoval

Birthdate: 19 July

Country of Origin: USA

Current Home: Salem (Kenosha, Wisconsin during holidays)

General appearance: Slightly below shoulder length, light brown hair. White skin. Hazel eyes, double eyelids. 5’ 7”. Skinny.

Special Features: Pierced ears. Wears different earrings on different days.

Blood purity: Half-blood, but very slightly veela.

Sexual alignment: Straight.

Wand Type: 10 inches, cedar wood, dragon core.

Personality: Janique (or Jani for short) is a flirt. She only flirts with play-boys, however. She does so to break their hearts. She sees herself as a sort of vigilante for girls. She has a good sense of humour, and loves having a good time. She is afraid of starting a real relationship and would never let a boy “take it to the next level”.

Background: She was brought up in a typical wizard home, in the wizarding world of America. Her father had left her mother when she was 9 and she remembers that day very clearly. Due to that, she’s had a deep mistrust of males as anything more than friends, but she let her guard drop when she was 15; she got into a relationship. She wanted to take things slow and he had wanted things to speed up. He ended up cheating on her and they broke up. Ever since then, she became a vigilante of sorts: she uses her charm to get play-boys to fall for her and then breaks their hearts.

She is, however, a very loyal person if you are not in her bad books. Once you’ve gained her trust as a friend, she will back you up until the day she dies. If you break that trust or back-stab her, however, she can turn very nasty. She is particularly good at hexes, having mastered them.

She's currently in her fourth year at Salem despite her being 16. This is because she failed her 3rd year exams due to a nasty breakup with her first ever boyfriend, Caleb, the week before the exams started. Although she had studied hard, she couldn't concentrate during her papers and failed them by a landslide, which left no other option than to repeat that year.

Family: Mother: Name: Cheryl Gray (Previously known as Cheryl Sandoval.) / Age: 38 / Living or dead: living / Blood status or species: Half-blood, partially veela.

Father: Name: Tyler Sandoval / Age: 38 / Living or dead: unknown / Blood status or species: Half-blood.

Siblings: None that she knows of. She might have a few step-sibling, if her father remarried.

Pet: Name: Snowy / Age: 3 / Living or dead: Alive / Species: Saw whet owl

Family Background: Somewhere along her family lines is a veela. She’s not sure if it’s her great great grandmother or one further down the line. All she knows is that she has about 15% veela blood, which makes it easier for guy to fall for her, but she does have to put in some effort.

Her mother and father met when they were in school and were sweethearts all throughout their Salem days. They got married when they were 21. They had Janique when they were 22. Due to their young age, they were not prepared to raise a child and it tore their love apart. They planned to stay together until Jani was old enough to understand, but on Janique’s 9th birthday, she had awoken to her mother crying; sometime during the night, Tyler had packed his bags and left. There was only a single note on the dining table that simply said: “I’m sorry.” They never heard from or saw Tyler again. Her paternal parents, who were very rich, sent Cheryl a substantial amount of money to help her raise Jani – it was their way of apologizing for what their son had done, and the last contact either Cheryl or Jani had with them was at the bank, when the money was transferred.

Jani’s maternal grandparents are magical folk, too, and she visits them quite often.

Last edited by Janique Sandoval on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

Janique Sandoval Empty
PostSubject: Re: Janique Sandoval   Janique Sandoval EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:00 am

Accepted
Back to top Go down

Janique Sandoval Empty
PostSubject: Re: Janique Sandoval   Janique Sandoval EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 9:18 am

(Some random one-shot of Jani I did in class instead of taking notes because I was bored.)

She scanned the class, looking for him; she found him seated next to a red head. Already her mind went to work as she planned the best way to get his attention. She had watched him a few times before, and knew how he functioned. Slowly, she started over to the desk in front of him, which was empty. As she walked past him, she caught his eye and gave a small smile. Without waiting for a response, she brushed past, letting her purse – a spare one with no money – fall silently to the ground. Taking her seat, she reached up and slipped off her hair rubber band; her light brown hair fell down and lay just below her shoulders. 5 seconds. It took 5 seconds for Dustin to pick up her purse, abandon the red head and join Jani in the empty space next to her.

“You dropped this,” he said, with a perfected smile.

She put on a horrified look – one also perfected to make her look as sweet and innocent as possible. “Oh my goodness. I don’t know what I would have done if I had lost it! Thank you so, so much,” she said, accepting it with gentle hands. “I’m Janique, by the way.”

He smiled at her again. “Dustin. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

She let herself blush. How she forced herself to do that was a secret she’d mastered and would take to her grave – Merlin knows what other girls could do if they had the ability to force blushes that were light and cute. “Well, Dustin, thank you for saving the day.”

“It looks like you owe me, Janique,” he teased.

With a small giggle, she played her part flawlessly. “How could I ever repay you?’

“You could let me sit next to you.”

“That’s not much of a reward.” She frowned slightly.

“Sitting next to you is more than a reward,” he told her, grabbing his bag from behind and placing it the floor next to him. She blushed again, although inside she was repulsed. How many times had she heard that line? It’s like they memorized them from the same darned book. Yet, she giggled, as though it was the first time she’s heard it.

She paid attention during class; she’d never let a game in the way of her studies. That had its advantages, as proved when, after they had been dismissed, Dustin turned to her and asked, “What are you doing after this?” She let him wait as she packed her stuff neatly away. Making to leave, she called out, “I am going to send my parents an owl. You can join, if you want.” He ran after her.

She didn’t say anything on the way to the rooftop, and he didn’t dare break the silence. Even as she tied the letter to the leg of her tinier-than-normal owl and sent it off, they stayed quiet. It was only when she, instead of heading to the door, moved to the window and, motioning outside, said softly, “Isn’t it nice up here?” that the peaceful silence was broken.

“It’s not the only nice thing,” he replied. He was only looking at her. She pretended not to notice, staring instead at the view.

“What else?” she asked, the confusion a mere pretence.

He took a step towards her. Reaching out, he gently touched her shoulder. “Janique,” he said. “Do you want to go to the lake? It’s rather beautiful at this time of day. We could have a picnic dinner.”

“I guess,” she replied, finally turning to look at him. They were standing inches apart. “Where would we get the food?”

“The kitchens,” he told her. “The house-elves are always very happy to assist anyone who dares to venture into there.”

With yet another giggle, she asked, “And you’re brave enough to try?”

“I can be brave for you.” He leaned forward, eyes closed and lips ready for contact with another; he expected her to do the same.

Instead, she took a step back and he opened his eyes in surprise. “I’m sorry.” She ran her hand through her hair, straightening it. “I like you, I really do. I’m just –“

He cut her off. “Not ready?”

She nodded slowly. “Can we take it slow?”

As way of replying, he brought his head forwards and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. “Anything you want, Jani.”

“Thank you,” she said in a half-whisper. “I’ll love to take you up on your dinner offer, though.”

With a smile, he took her hand and led her to the doors. She had fallen into his trap, or so he though. Little did he know it was the other way around.
Back to top Go down

Janique Sandoval Empty
PostSubject: Re: Janique Sandoval   Janique Sandoval EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 8:34 am

One of her defining moments. Basically it was one of the main things that made Janique who she is today.

“I’m turning nine tomorrow, daddy!” she cried, spinning around on the spot. She held up 9 fingers and held it in his direction and grinned at him. He returned her smile and patted his knee. Building up speed from across the room, she ran towards him and hurled herself onto him. He caught her and pulled her up onto his lap. “So what did you get me?” She looked up at him with big, innocent eyes.

He chuckled. “It’s a surprise, my pumpkin. You’ll find out tomorrow,” he told her.

She reached over and took hold of his shoulders, looking him in the eyes. “But I want to know now. Can’t you just tell me now? Please? Please? Plea-“

She broke off laughing; he had started to tickle her. Collapsing into a heap against him, she continued laughing until he stopped abruptly. His wife had come into the room and had shot him a look. “Don’t excite her too much, dear. She’ll never sleep if you do.”

He sighed as Jani sat up and rubbed at her eyes. “Awww, why did you stop?” she complained. She loved her father’s tickles.

“Because your mother doesn’t want you to get too worked up,” he explained.

She nodded seriously. “She knows everything!” she said, smiling.

“That right, Jani. She knows everything,” he repeated. It was laced with sarcasm, but Jani did not understand sarcasm, and so it flew past her. Her mother, however, caught it and, with a hurt expression, turned back to the kitchen where she was preparing the ingredients for Jani’s birthday lunch tomorrow: she was going to cook all of Jani’s favourite foods.

Her father gave her a little push and she slid off. Standing up, he said, “Come along now. It’s already past your bedtime! I’ll put you to bed and when you wake up, you can have your present.”

“But I’m not tire-“ she began to say, but a yawn interrupted her.

With a soft chuckle, he bent down and picked her up. “Well, just lie down and try to sleep. When you wake up tomorrow, I’ll be here to give you your surprise.”

Stifling another yawn, she laid her head against his shoulder as he began in the direction of her room. “You don’t have to work?”

“No, I don’t. I will be at home when you wake up,” he told her.

“You promise?” she said, her eyes closing.

“I promise,” he said softly.

By the time he reached her room on the second floor, she was asleep. Gently, he placed her on her bed and tucked her in. He gave her a soft kiss on her forehead. “Good night, my Jani,” he whispered to her.

He stood and walked to the door. Just as he was about to leave, he heard her murmur, “I love you, daddy.”

“I love you too.” He smiled as he closed the door and she instantly fell back asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her eyes flew open and glanced at the clock on her bedside table. It read 8.57 AM. Throwing back the covers, she jumped out of bed, went to the door and thrust it open. She ran down the stairs and into the living room. Rushing over to her father’s armchair, she said “Can I have my present n-“ she stopped suddenly when she noticed it was empty. She frowned slightly, wondering where he was. Maybe this was part of the surprise?

She turned towards the kitchen and started over. As she got nearer, she could hear odd noises coming from somewhere inside. Slowly, she peered around the corner and saw her mother seated at the dining table, bowls of chopped vegetables and other ingredients surrounding her. She had her head in her arms.

“Mummy?” she called softly. When there was no response, she increased her volume and tried again. This time, her mom looked up, her eyes red and watery.

“What’s wrong?” Jani asked, inching closer.

Her mom motioned for Jani to come over, and when she did, pulled her close.

“Why are you crying, mummy? What happened?” she asked again.

Her mother shook her head. “It’s adult stuff, Janique. One day when you’re older you’ll understand, but not today.”

“Oh,” she said, thinking. “Well, daddy is older than me! He’ll understand! Do you want me to get him for you? I don’t know where he is now, but I can go look.”

At that, her mother tightened her grip. “He’s gone. He went away,” she whispered.

Janique frowned. “When is he coming back?”

Again, her mom shook her head. “He’s not.” She said it quietly, hoarsely, not wanting to admit it, but knowing she had to.

Janique ripped herself from her mother’s hold. “He is! He promised me he would be here. You don’t break promises!”

Fresh tears formed in her mother’s weary eyes. “It’s complicated, Janique, but he’s not-“
“You’re lying!” Jani shouted, interrupting her mother. “He’s coming back. He promised!”

She turned and ran; she didn’t know where she was going, but her legs guided her and she found herself in the treehouse: the treehouse she had built with her father last summer. She sat in the corner - knees up and head down – and wept. She didn’t even realize it when her mother entered and sat next to her until she felt her mother’s comforting arms around her.

“He promised,” she said softly, through her tears.

“I know, dear,” her mother said, rubbing her back soothingly. “I know.”
Back to top Go down

Janique Sandoval Empty
PostSubject: Re: Janique Sandoval   Janique Sandoval EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 7:49 am

This is the second incident that made Janique, well, Janique. It is also the main one; it's the one that finally caused her to be who she is. Smile

"Surprise! I've brought you breakfast" she called out into the empty apartment. A frown started to form as she looked around the living room and walked towards the bedroom.

As she passed the open kitchen, she placed the brown paper bag she had brought with her down and tried again: "Dylan?" There was nothing but silence, and her frown deepened. Quickly, she ran through his schedule in her head - for perhaps she had gotten his day off wrong - but found she hadn't.

His bedroom door was shut, and she stood outside, wondering if she should go in or not. After all, it wasn't polite to snoop without permission, although he had given her the key to his apartment a few days ago. So instead, she raised her hand and knocked loudly. Once, twice, thrice, then finally a fourth time, but there was no answer, and she felt her stomach turn. Where could he be at 10am on his off-day? He normally woke up at that time - it was when he called her to say good morning - and he came to pick her up for their dates at noon.

Deciding it would be okay to open the door to peek inside, just in case he had taken ill or something worse had happened, she turned the knob and pushed. It creaked open and she peered around the corner, expecting to find him asleep on the bed. Instead she found it empty, the sheets smooth and unwrinkled, lacking signs of being slept in at all. She felt her pulse increase and she forgot her previous plans and walked straight in.

Worry settled in as she scanned the room, finding no trace of him having come in the night before - no dirty clothes lay in a messy pile by the bathroom door, no glass of water was found on the bedside table. The air was still and warm, indicating that the air conditioner had not been switched on in quite a while (and he always used the air conditioner).

She walked over to the side of his bed, struggling with her conflicting thoughts. Making up her mind, she opened the top drawer of the cabinet, hoping to find something that would give her some idea as to where he was, and if he was okay. The first thing she saw was a notebook, which she assumed was his diary. Not wanting to pry, and also because she didn't want to break his trust, she merely moved it aside. What she found next changed her in her entirety. Lying harmlessly beneath the book was a packet of condoms. It wasn't the fact that he had those items that hurt her, no; it was the note that was attached to it. In purple ink, written in beautiful cursive handwriting were the words: "Dy, baby, don't forget to bring these." This was followed by a lipstick print and a signature. The packet was also open.

Time stopped as she ran her finger over the simple note, reminding herself to keep breathing. In and out. In and out. In and out. She tried to swallow, but her throat was dry. After what seemed like an eternity, she gathered herself and cleared her mind. To her surprise, she found she wasn't as crushed as she thought she would be; she felt an odd sense of relief.

No longer did she have to commit. No longer was she tied down to someone. She was free. With that revelation came another: boys were jerks. They told you you were beautiful, that you were the only one for them, that you were special - but they were lying. They used you, said whatever was needed for you to do what they wanted, and once you gave them what they craved for - or if you didn't give them what they craved for - they left you for another girl. There was no way to win this charade of theirs. They were experts, perfecters of this twisted game.

Placing the notebook back down and closing the drawer, she had never been more sure of something. These boys had come to be the masters of their games, making sure they won every round. The only way to win was to not play, but that was, in a sense, losing. And Janique hated losing. Unless, she thought, smiling to her herself, unless the rules were changed. What if there was a way to enter the game willingly and change the rules of how it's played? Would it be possible to run a game while a game was being run on you?

She didn't know, but as she left the apartment of her now ex-boyfriend, she knew she would try. Too many girls have been wronged by boys who think that the female population is made up of nothing but pawns. These boys needed to know what it was like to be moved, controlled, played, and Janique was going to be the one to teach them this lesson. She didn't know how she was going to do it, but she knew she would. She owed it to herself and to all the girls who had been so ghastly wronged by people like Dylan, and her dad.

Last edited by Janique Sandoval on Sun May 04, 2014 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Janique Sandoval Empty
PostSubject: Re: Janique Sandoval   Janique Sandoval EmptyThu May 01, 2014 6:40 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Janique Sandoval Empty
PostSubject: Re: Janique Sandoval   Janique Sandoval Empty

Back to top Go down

Janique Sandoval
Page 1 of 1