Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lesson 3- Transforming Stones to Jewels (Cont.) (All Years)

Go down 
+9
Brayden Count
Diem Malik
Charlie Jaymes
Annie Brycelynn
Mary McNeely
Henley Faye
Callum Hunt
Aphrodite Oxton
Alexander Hamilton
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Lesson 3- Transforming Stones to Jewels (Cont.) (All Years) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson 3- Transforming Stones to Jewels (Cont.) (All Years)   Lesson 3- Transforming Stones to Jewels (Cont.) (All Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 11:08 am

"Oh well, we can always re-apply it if won't work."

The comment made Victoria feel much better, though she hoped that it had worked first time. It wasn't too complex, but the younger Wormwood always over thought everything she did. When Mary continued with the next step, creating the heating charm required, Victoria watched her carefully. Checking the spell movement, but not the incantation. Which meant...

"You can do magic without incantations? Wow." She breathed, her eyes going wide at that prospect. Mary really was so cool!

The notion of switching to keep the spell power up made Victoria nod. "I think that would be a great idea!" The witch replied, waiting for her turn and copying Mary to the tee, bar actually saying the incantation. She was still in awe, but that could wait for now, they had a job to do!
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 3- Transforming Stones to Jewels (Cont.) (All Years)   Lesson 3- Transforming Stones to Jewels (Cont.) (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 9:56 am

"You can do magic without incantations? Wow."

Mary grinned at Victoria's excited voice and nodded. "Non-verbal magic. It's quite hard, but once you get a hold of it, it gets easier." she explained. "You'll learn it in 6th year, but I can show you sometimes if you want."

For fifteen minutes, the two of them took turns in doing the spell and kept the cauldron pressurized. It wasn't hard, per se, but they had to focus so they kept the temperature steady. After the time had run out, Mary waved her wand and let the sticking charm loose, so they could remove the lid.

"And now we wait." Mary smiled and sat down on her chair. She figured it wouldn't take a lot of time for it to cool, but it wouldn't be right away neither. "How's things?" she asked the other Wormwood. As she was busy 98% of the time, the Head Girl didn't get much time to just talk with her friends, so she took every opportunity she got.
Back to top Go down
Sierra Logan
Belladonna Fifth Year
Belladonna Fifth Year
Sierra Logan

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 3- Transforming Stones to Jewels (Cont.) (All Years)   Lesson 3- Transforming Stones to Jewels (Cont.) (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 10:31 am

"I can do it." She took out her wand and pointed it at Annie. "I promise I will try my best not to drop you." She held her wand tight and said the spell, "Levicorpus." She watched as Annie was lifted into the air because of her. She was nervous and scared that she would drop her. But she calmed down and kept her cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 3- Transforming Stones to Jewels (Cont.) (All Years)   Lesson 3- Transforming Stones to Jewels (Cont.) (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 3:23 pm

"You'll learn it in 6th year, but I can show you sometimes if you want."

"I would love that!" Victoria told the witch excitedly. Non-verbal magic she had read about, but never attempted, for as far ahead as Victoria read, she never tried a spell without the guidance of someone much more capable that her. As all books stated, practicing magic was best learnt under supervision of those who knew how to put it right.

The next fifteen minutes flew by with both witches working tirelessly to complete the task. The younger Wormwood was getting hotter as the area around them adapted to the heat, so pulled her blazer off half way through, fanning herself until Mary moved for her to have a go. With the lid removed, Victoria used her stool to make her tall enough to see over the top of the cauldron. Everything looked just as it should have been, and the witch grinned from ear to ear.

"How's things?"

After casting a quick look to Professor Hamilton, Victoria turned her attention back to Mary. "Everything is going well, thank you, what about yourself? My revision timetable is working nicely around Quidditch and my dancing time. I'm just hoping I've remembered everything for our exams!" She told the witch, shaking her head at the thought of forgetting something. That would be so scary...
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 3- Transforming Stones to Jewels (Cont.) (All Years)   Lesson 3- Transforming Stones to Jewels (Cont.) (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 6:18 am

"I would love that!"

Mary nodded, giving the witch a quick smile. Study sessions with Victoria were always pleasant and she was sure this wouldn't be an exception. Of course, non-verbal magic was hard, but she didn't know anyone who worked as hard as Victoria.

As humidity rose fairly quickly, Mary's hair became a mess. It started curling and frizzying, but the witch hardly noticed. She's gotten used to it in Potions and she didn't really care anymore.

"Everything is going well, thank you, what about yourself? My revision timetable is working nicely around Quidditch and my dancing time. I'm just hoping I've remembered everything for our exams!"

The Head Girl nodded, smiling. "You'll do great, don't worry." She knew Victoria would worry, and she would, as well. Exams aren't something most Wormwoods take lightly. "I'm... I'm getting very used to not sleeping." Mary chuckled. It was true, though she suspected she would sleep for a week when the exams were done.

After a while, the witch checked the temperature of the cauldron. "I think it's cooled off enough. We just crack them, right?" she asked as she levitated the stones out of the cauldron carefully.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 3- Transforming Stones to Jewels (Cont.) (All Years)   Lesson 3- Transforming Stones to Jewels (Cont.) (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 2:54 pm

With the time passing, Mary's hair began to frizz, and once the younger witch had pointed it out, they'd laughed about it for a short moment. Not loudly, they were Wormwoods and they wouldn't disrupt the class after all.

"You'll do great, don't worry."

"I hope so, I want to make mommy, daddy and Jake proud." The witch explained, nerves touching her voice momentarily as she looked down at her hands in her lap. "But you should sleep, otherwise you'll make yourself ill. And believe me, I know about exam stress, but you do have to sleep!" The younger witch insisted, trying to get her point across without going too parent on her in that moment.

"I think it's cooled off enough. We just crack them, right?"

Victoria watched the older witch take a few of the stones out. It was probably safer, what with Victoria having to do a balancing act on the stool to even see inside the pot, let alone reach. She was still insisting on the fact she was going to grow a little more... "I believe so!" Victoria managed, cautiously taking up one of the stones which was still a little warm and banging it against the desk. Sure enough, a crack formed in the rock. Using her fingers to prize the rock open, Victoria's eyes went wide as the inside was revealed.

"We got pink stones!" Victoria exclaimed happily, holding out the rock to show Mary how well they'd done as a big smile touched her lips. This was quite possibly one of the best lessons. Ever.
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 3- Transforming Stones to Jewels (Cont.) (All Years)   Lesson 3- Transforming Stones to Jewels (Cont.) (All Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 2:49 am

Class Closed
Brycelynn. Annie: 30 pts
Count, Brayden: 30 pts
Faye, Henley : 30 pts
Hunt, Callum: 30 pts
Jaymes, Charlie: 30pts
Logan, Sierra: 30 pts
Malik, Diem: 30 pts
McNeely, Mary: 30 pts
Newbury, Victoria: 30 pts
Oxton, Aphrodite: 30 pts
Oxton, Apollo: 30 pts
Oxton, Ares: 30 pts

TOTAL:

Belladonna: 120 pts
Nightshade: 150 pts
Wormwood: 120 pts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 3- Transforming Stones to Jewels (Cont.) (All Years)   Lesson 3- Transforming Stones to Jewels (Cont.) (All Years) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson 3- Transforming Stones to Jewels (Cont.) (All Years)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2