Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gillian Arkanian
Nightshade Third Year
Nightshade Third Year
Gillian Arkanian

Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury) Empty
PostSubject: Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury)   Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 11:39 pm

With her back against one of the walls, Gillian sat on the floor analyzing the way the magical portraits moved. Her bag was at her side and inside, there were a couple of sharpie markers that she had brought from home. She had no problem with quills and parchment, but if she was to be honest, Sharpies were still her favourite thing to write with, specially since she could write on almost anything with them.

Watching how the people inside the portraits came and went outside of them, she wondered how would they look if she painted some mustaches on them, or if maybe something else would be better, like a frame inside the actual frame... would they feel constricted? or would they be able to erase it from inside.

As she wondered about this, Gillian took out one of her sharpies, and started twirling it in her hand, imagining how her art would look, and hoping no one would come around to get her in trouble.
Back to top Go down

Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury)   Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury) EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 12:43 pm

After the excursion in to the forest with Jax, Victoria had been on tip top behaviour. The young witch couldn't lie if her life depended on it, so instead she set about making amends for her slightly reckless actions by making sure to help anyone who needed it, and do extra work on her homework.

Then if it did come out that she'd been to see the Harpies, no one could hold it against her.

Or so she hoped.

Moving from the Great Hall, having just had lunch, Victoria noted the Portrait Room. She liked the room, talking to the portraits about their history was fascinating, and all of them seemed to be really nice. Just so long as kept out of their way, no one would know. Opening the door, Victoria took a few moments to take in the portraits before she realised she wasn't alone.

And to her horror a younger witch was looking like she was about to deface one of the portraits. "Don't do that! You'll get in trouble!" Victoria called out softly to the witch, moving forwards. She wasn't intimidating, Victoria couldn't be intimidating if she tried, but the witch could see a problem and she would do her best to negotiate the witch from the idea.
Back to top Go down
Gillian Arkanian
Nightshade Third Year
Nightshade Third Year
Gillian Arkanian

PostSubject: Re: Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury)   Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury) EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 7:55 pm

There were painful things, and stopping a movement in the middle. Gillian was about to get up and start painting on one of the portraits when a girl came in and said something about trouble to her. When she turned around to see who it was, Gillian internally groaned; it was the girl that was always early to classes, that answered all the questions, that always looked out for a runway show, in other words, her worst nightmare. She could tell just from what she'd seen at class that the girl standing in front of her was the typical goody two shoes, and Gillian couldn't stand that much perfection.

Grunting both because of the burning in her muscles and the fact that it was that specific girl the one who had interrupted her, Gillian stood up and put the sharpie inside one of her cloak pockets, and leaned on the wall between two portraits like nothing had happened. "Don't do what? exactly?" she asked pretending to be confused about what the girl was implying. "and just so you know, getting in trouble implies two things: that you're doing something cool, and that you actually get caught doing it, and none of those are happening here, so I don't really know what you're talking about" said the girl while crossing her arms.

Last edited by Gillian Arkanian on Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury)   Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 12:02 am

Victoria had not shouted, shouted was for people who didn't respect others. Victoria respected everyone, even if the notion was not shown back at her. As the younger witch turned slightly hostile, Victoria wondered what she had done wrong, she hadn't been mean in anyway.

"Don't draw on the paintings." Victoria replied as softly as always. She wasn't telling the Nightshade off, that was not her place. "And I know the Nightshade terms of not being caught, I have friends in your house." The witch added, smiling at the witch. Nightshades really did believe they were above the rules.

"Besides, it's not only the trouble that you could get in. Think about the poor pictures." Victoria explained, willing the witch to understand. "These are some of the most famous people to ever grace the school, and they can tell you amazing stories. If you draw on them, they'll have to be restored."
Back to top Go down
Gillian Arkanian
Nightshade Third Year
Nightshade Third Year
Gillian Arkanian

PostSubject: Re: Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury)   Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 11:31 am

The girl really annoyed Gillian, it wasn't that she was doing something specific to annoy her, just that everything about her irked her. Why couldn't she speak like a normal person? what was it with the whole being nice? if she was going to berate her for doing something, she should at least do it right. Raising a brow and smirking she said to the girl "What makes you think I was going to draw on the paintings?", running a finger on one of the frames next to her, she snorted and muttered under her breath "at least one of us has".

Following the line of thinking of the girl in the room, she widened her smile and tilted her head; there were few things that Gillian loved more than a good discussion, as as much as the girl irked her, Gillian knew her to be quite smart, and maybe she could have a good debate with her, and maybe convince her to help with the whole painting.

"Let's say, for hypothetical reasons, that I was about to draw on one of the paintings" she said raising one finger to put emphasis on the "hypothetical" part, "if, as you so 'kindly' put, they can be restored, what would be the problem in drawing on them?" she asked walking to another painting and trying to figure out how it would look with some sharpie additions. "have you asked them if they like their frames? or the background?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury)   Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 12:33 pm

"I can't say for certain that you were going to draw on them." Victoria replied honestly, looking slightly bashful at the idea. "But, it did look like you were going to draw on them. And after your comment, I would say that I am pretty sure of it now." The Wormwood explained, showing that she was taking in all aspects of the conversation.

"At least one of us has."

Victoria couldn't quite catch the comment, but the snort after saying something about friends made the witch feel bad. The second year had always sat alone in class, perhaps she... didn't have so many friends. "You can be my friend too, if you like?" Victoria offered, smiling at the younger witch.

When the witch asked what would be the harm if they could be restored, Victoria shook her head slightly. "It's an inconvenience to the school, and you might make the paintings distraught. Have you heard of the painting at Hogwarts of the Fat Lady? The opening to the Gryffindor Common Room? Well, when Sirius Black attacked her portrait, she got traumatised and wouldn't return to her portrait. It wouldn't be nice to subject more people to that kind of thing, would it?"

"have you asked them if they like their frames? or the background?"

"Not to me, no." Victoria admitted, her tone still light and careful around the witch. "But that doesn't mean that they would like their backgrounds changing. That would be like... a seventh year coming up to you and forcing you in to clothes you didn't want to wear..." The Wormwood tried, hoping the Nightshade would understand that she shouldn't meddle with such things.
Back to top Go down
Gillian Arkanian
Nightshade Third Year
Nightshade Third Year
Gillian Arkanian

PostSubject: Re: Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury)   Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury) EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 11:47 pm

Honesty was something that Gillian appreciated very much, and even though the girl in front of her irked her way much than she would like, she gave the other girl a couple of point in her favour for being honest. "if you weren't sure, then why interrupt? maybe it was art on the making, or maybe I have something really important to do with my sharpie and now you've taken away all the inspiration" She said, more for the sake of the discussion than anything else.

When the other girl offered to be her friend, the only thing that Gillian could think of was "I don't want your pity", so she frowned and raised an eyebrow disdainfully "you really think friendship is as easy as deciding "oh I will be your friend" and everything is all right?" She said, with her anger bubbling up. Gillian didn't understand exactly why, but everything the girl in front of her said or did only angered her more.

It was like she was from another planet, or at least another country that spoke a different language, for Gillian couldn't really understand what the annoying girl was talking about, a couple of words here and there sounded familiar but that was all, she had absolutely no idea what the girl in front of her was talking about. Also, she should find out what the girl's name was, cause calling her 'the girl' wasn't convenient enough. Maybe she could find a nickname for her, that could show just how annoying she was with all her perfection.

When she stopped rambling in her head and trying to find a nickname for the girl in front of her, the nightshade caught something about a seven year making her wear something that she didn't want to. "There's a flaw in your argument, and it's the fact that we actually wear uniforms, and is not like I'm fond of it, so you don't really need a seventh year to do that, seeing how the school rules see to it. Also that would be called harassment and is between to living beings, paintings, if you didn't know, are not living beings" she said crossing her arms and looking at the girl in front of her with a challenge in her stare
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury)   Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 1:54 pm

Victoria listened as the girl, Gillian, explained that she could have been making art. That was, of course, very true, she could have been, but the picture in front of her had already been done, and Victoria was quite sure Professor Finn would not have called for the updates of such a classic piece of art. Choosing to ignore that point, Victoria allowed the Nightshade to move on.

"you really think friendship is as easy as deciding "oh I will be your friend" and everything is all right?"

"I do indeed." Victoria confirmed, smiling wider. "It's only when people decide you have to fit a certain criteria that making friends becomes hard. I don't have criteria for people to be my friends. Everyone is my friend, and that's how I work. So, you're already my friend, in essence."

With the witch speaking of uniforms, Victoria realised the witch hadn't quite understood. There was nothing wrong with the uniform, in fact, Victoria quite liked it. Definitely could have done with a splash more pink though. "I just meant that if you had to wear something ridiculous because someone older made you, you wouldn't like it, and would try to get out of it or change. It's the same for paintings." And then the witch made a comment that Victoria would never agree with. "Gillian, just because something isn't living doesn't mean you shouldn't respect it." The Wormwood told the girl softly, it was saddening at times that some people didn't see the world she did.
Back to top Go down
Gillian Arkanian
Nightshade Third Year
Nightshade Third Year
Gillian Arkanian

PostSubject: Re: Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury)   Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury) EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:22 pm

The thing that irked Gillian the most about this stupid conversation with Little Miss sunshine was the fact that in a regular situation with anyone else, was that she would argue the same thing to any other person, but her silly pride wasn't going to just let this go.

"What if I tell you the paintings aren't going to suffer any damage? and that is the frames? or the wall around them?would you still be so bent on stopping me?" she asked, and then she smirked and answered herself "you probably would". Gillian was sure that the girl in front of them would never do anything slightly bad on her own.

She couldn't believe the wormwood, it was like she lived in a world of pink and sunshine. Gillian would very much like to have a friend, but the girl in front of her was definitely not going to be the one, there were many things that she didn't like about the older girl. "Friendship is a two way thing, otherwise you're just a stalker and a nuisance" she said crossing her arms.

The Nighshade wasn't going to argue about respect, all of those ethical discussions were only good with people who could understand all points of view, not with perfect little beings that saw nothing wrong with the world. So she decided to ask the question that nagged her about the last comment "how on earth do you know my name? do you go around memorizing everyone's name or something? cause you need to have better hobbies". Gillian had tried to go as unnoticed as she could and she didn't like the fact that it didn't really worked, it didn't help the fact that she didn't know the other girl's name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury)   Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury) EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 1:19 pm

When the younger witch answered her own question, Victoria merely nodded, showing that she'd found the right answer. "Use paper, and then show the portraits, they're very fond of my work, so I'm sure they'll be more fond of yours!" Victoria encouraged, over the years she'd found herself talking to portraits and house elves alike, and they were fascinating. Other people just didn't seem to understand though.

"Friendship is a two way thing, otherwise you're just a stalker and a nuisance"

"Well, you're my friend, and you can deem me what makes you happy." Victoria replied, not losing her bubbly manner. It didn't matter to her what Gillian wanted to call her, Victoria knew that she had made another friend in the school, and that was all that mattered to her.

"I know you're name from class, and as a matter of fact, I do remember everyone's name. It's not a hobby, either." Victoria explained, wondering why the girl was a little sour. "I remember people's names so that nobody feels left out. If you know everyone's names, you can engage with them, and make them feel special. Rather than going 'excuse me, but who are you again?'" She concluded, knowing that it was enough of an explanation.
Back to top Go down
Gillian Arkanian
Nightshade Third Year
Nightshade Third Year
Gillian Arkanian

PostSubject: Re: Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury)   Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury) EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 12:23 am

Raising an eyebrow at the ridiculous suggestion of using something as unoriginal and mundane as paper, Gillian turned her back to the girl, so she could hide her smirk, and mumbled under her breath "probably because they're too polite to tell the truth".

Turning back again to the girl, she huffed at her bubbly-ness, it was one of the things that really got to her about the girl in front of her, all girly and perfect, and beautiful, never losing her temper, and answering all of the teachers questions. Gillian frowned as she tilted her head, analyzing the girl in front of her, thinking that maybe if she wasn't so perfect, they could actually sort of get along, for she was indeed intelligent.

With her comment about knowing everyone's names, Gillian once again had to look at her with disbelief, "you honestly think that because you know everyone's name, people won't feel alienated or alone? that's giving yourself way more importance than what you deserve, even if you know all of them, and have talked to them, you're not their friend, and it doesn't make people feel good about being alone" she said starting to rile up, it was getting too close to home for Gillian; who cared if the girl knew her name? she didn't even make the effort to sit next to her or talk to her before classes or during breaks.

Trying to hold back her bad mood, and the subsequent tears that would come every time she was mad, Gillian smiled and bowed sarcastically at the girl in front of her "well, Miss sunshine, it was definitely not a pleasure", with that she turned around and left the room, wondering what was it about the girl that just made everything inside her boil with anger, seeing how she wasn't really a bad person, and in other circumstances, they might get along.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury)   Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury) EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 2:45 pm

It seemed the paper suggestion had not been one the younger witch liked. Victoria made to move around the witch to see if she was okay, but already the Nightshade had turned back to her and was saying some very... accusing things that Victoria was struggling to comprehend.

The words held venom that the Wormwood didn't understand and she could feel herself shrinking slightly. How could anyone believe that she did these things to make herself feel better? No, Victoria worked on making everyone else happy, never herself. "I don't think you..." Victoria tried weakly, but the witch was too far gone in her rant.

"well, Miss sunshine, it was definitely not a pleasure"

"Good bye, Gillian." Victoria whispered after the witch. The words had stung, they had in fact stung a lot more than the Wormwood showed. But she held herself together because the only way to see the world was in the most positive light at all times. Though the words stung, Victoria found a positive in that she'd found someone that she could help. Gillian needed something in her life, and Victoria would do her best to try and find exactly what she could do to help her friend out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury)   Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury) Empty

Back to top Go down

Are sharpie mustaches a good idea on magical portraits? (Victoria Newbury)
Page 1 of 1