Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:33 pm

The days rolled slowly since Mari had slapped him. Jake hadn't noticed how much of difference having the witch around had made to his life, but everything seemed to have really slowed down since Saturday.

Monday had been a nightmare, when Jake joined his teammates around eleven after teaching at Salem, Callum had been way too smiley and Jake was simply not having it. After a gruelling training session, Jake had cornered Callum in the changing room, pinning him against the lockers as he seethed at the young American. Callum had found it funny, taunting him for jealousy. Jealous? As Callum told him that if he'd wanted to get a leg over he simply had to be less of a gentleman, Jake's fist collided with the boy's nose.

The surge of anger wasn't one Jake knew but it had seemed right.

The fight that had ensued had left them both with a three day cooling off period. They were still to train, but not with the team and not with each other. So Jake was home. His mother had not been impressed with the fact Jake had gotten himself in to trouble, and after a lecture that picking fights with his friends was not the way to be going, Jake had decided to stay in his room out of the way.

The particular afternoon, Jake was led on his bed in a pair of shorts staring aimlessly at the ceiling. The TV was boring and Eden Prairie was more so. The knock at the door was uninteresting to Jake because nobody ever came to see him, so the young man stayed precisely where he was trying to shut his mind down from everything going on around him.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:45 pm

Marilyn had known that Jake was pretty much the only one she really liked to hang out with.  But now it was glaringly obvious. And painful. She threw herself into her studies, barely talking unless absolutely necessary. Other than that she just laid in bed not sleeping, and when she did she had to take the potion again. She had been plenty mad though, not just saddened by their fight. She was mad that he felt so entitled, that he treated her like he treated Victoria, like she was something that needed protecting. That was wrong and she knew it. And the witch hoped that he'd know it now, too.
But her days passed slower than usual and she missed constantly being able to talk.

She just couldn't take it. So the witch got ready and apparated to his house and his mom, lovely as she was, let her in without fuss. Perhaps Jake hadn't told her.

So Mari quietly knocked on the door before slightly opening it slightly. Her scarred face solemn and voice unglamoured.
"Hey...Jake...Can we talk?"

Last edited by Mari Caldwell on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:53 pm

The sound of people coming up the stairs was odd, usually his mom and her friends stayed down in the lounge, having tea and gossiping about whatever was going on in Eden Prairie that week. But when the sound of footsteps came on to his flight of stairs in to the attic, Jake frowned slightly. Who would be coming up here? Perhaps it was his mom, wondering if he wanted anything.

"I'm fine mo-"

"Hey...Jake...Can we talk?"

The voice was unmistakeable, so much so that Jake didn't have to take his eyes off of the ceiling. He'd never been one for grudges, but no one had ever really slapped him. Not like the witch at the door had. Yes, he'd pushed the limits, but it was only because he cared. Only because he wanted Mari to see herself like he saw her. "If we have to." Jake replied the tone wasn't exactly easy to place, but inwardly Jake was jumping for joy. They'd messed up big time, but Merlin did he miss the witch.

Propping himself up on his elbows, Jake waved the witch in. His room wasn't exactly tidy, his bed wasn't made, but it could have been worse. The Quidditch star didn't begin the talking, because quite honestly he wanted to know what Mari wanted before he told her that he was sorry. That he'd made a mistake.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 2:08 pm

Marilyn closed the door behind her after thanking his mom.
She walked in a few steps and then stopped, her arms crossed around herself, like for protection or comfort.
"Right, I wanna get this out before I lose my mind... I'm sorry that I slapped you, that was wrong. But I'm not sorry about what I did. I had to try it. After I got back home that morning I cried all day, there were...a lot of things i hadn't been dealing with and i let them out on you because, well you were the straw that broke the hippogriffs back. And I was wrong about what I said, I do have a family, you're my family. And...Imissyou." she averted her eyes and wrapped her arms tighter around herself. There. She'd said it. It had all come out quite rushed but understandable. Marilyn wasn't good with talking, but she'd really missed the wizard before her and hoped he'd understand.

Last edited by Mari Caldwell on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 2:30 pm

As the door closed behind Mari, Jake moved to sit up a little bit, using his pillow as a back rest against the wall. Before he could offer the witch space to sit down though, she was already talking and Jake gave her the attention she needed. Jake nodded at the apology, showing he accepted the words, but he didn't speak because he could tell the witch wasn't done.

And I was wrong I do have a family, you're my family. And...Imissyou."

Despite the news she'd cried all day, Jake let out a small smile at the last of the witch's words. She had realised something out of the whole thing at least. Even if she was being completely awkward in that moment. "I'm sorry for being an ass, too." Jake replied softly. "I was just angry, you... I didn't mean it." Jake told the witch, motioning for to come and sit with him.

"I missed you, too." He added a moment later, not having to elaborate, because it was both the tone and the smile on his face that would convey the emotions to the witch.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 2:43 pm

Marilyn sat down next to him on the bed, her blouse crinkling as she did and sighed, in relief, as she saw his face as he said he'd missed her, too. That was exactly what she'd wanted to hear. The validation she'd been needing without knowing it.
"You're forgiven if I am, Jake. We both said...a lot of things..."

Then she relaxed a bit more, almost smiling when she added, "I'm not dating Callum, you know that right? So there's no need to knock him around for my honor." she laughed a little, much calmer after the reassurance that he'd missed her as much as she had.

Last edited by Mari Caldwell on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 2:57 pm

"You're forgiven." Jake replied, slipping his arm around the witch and pulling her closer to him. In a sort of small sideways cuddle as it were, but it would be enough to show there were no hard feelings. "Though, please don't ever slap me again, it bruised!" Jake told her, letting out a soft laugh at just how pathetic his skin was. Or maybe it just had been a really good hit.

"I'm not dating Callum, you know that right? So there's no need to knock him around for my honor."

"Who told you about that?" Jake asked, raising his eyebrow at the witch. To Jake's knowledge it hadn't gone further than the stadium, it definitely hadn't hit the news. "And it's not the dating him that bothers me, Mari. It's how you went about it." Jake's voice lowered to a whisper, because he was uncertain how the witch would react. Though, if anything mattered it was that she showed up here as herself.

Moving away from the witch enough to turn his whole body to face her, Jake set about explaining properly. "Mari, I was just mad because you don't see that you're... you're beautiful with the scars, and the way you talk now is just as beautiful. I know you probably thought for a long time now that some people just say that to make you feel good. But I mean it, you're my friend and you're beautiful inside and out. And... it hurts that someone you don't know very well if making you cover up that beauty. Does... that make sense?" Jake asked, hoping she would understand better now.

"There is one condition on my forgiveness." Jake added finally, looking at her seriously. "I'll forgive you if you promise to never cover up again. I know it's a big thing to ask, and I know that you might not be comfortable with it. But the people who mind your scars on show really shouldn't matter." Jake insisted, trying to gage if the witch was understanding his words.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:19 pm

"Who told me- What? You didn't- Jake, Merlin, why on earth did you do that!?". She leaned into his arm as she usually would.  "Sorry about your cheek. I'm stronger than you thought, eh?"

Then he launched his condition and she looked at her lap as he spoke and frowned. It was a lot to ask for, but Jake was important to her in a way that should have scared her. She truly needed him that much was clear. Marilyn though back on the life she had had, what she could have if she pretended that year hadn't happened. She could see her parents, her sisters...they could look at her without flinching, listen to her without tensing up...but it wouldn't be real. And that hurt more than she ever wanted anyone to see.
"Jake...That's not how the world works..." the witch said gently before she turned to be on her knees facing him, "But- But I promise, okay? But then I claim full right to moan and groan to you about being eternally single." she retorted, trying to distract herself from her heavy thoughts.

Last edited by Mari Caldwell on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:29 pm

"Why would I do that?" Jake chorused taking a moment to think about the answer. "He was a complete ass for seeing it through. I was angry at him for taking advantage of you? I don't know, I just wanted to smack him for sleeping with one of my closest friends." Jake finished flatly. Honestly, he hadn't thought about it for a moment, but it had happened.

"Can I claim not being ready for that?" Jake teased in regards to how hard she'd hit him.

"You can moan all you like because I'm quite confident you won't be single long." Jake assured the witch with a warm smile. There were many things he couldn't predict but Mari was not going to be one of those girls who stayed single. "You'll find someone before I do, easily!" He told her, giving her a reassuring smile before resting back in to his pillow.

The order of the world had been restored and Jake could finally relax.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:48 pm

Marilyn almost laughed at how serious he was and had started to before she'd put on a serious face of her own and put her hands on his knees, leaning towards him to get her point across, "Jake, ehm. I really am not sure how to break this to you, but, you can't hit everyone I sleep with. Because, well, quite simply there'd be nobody left that would want to. He didn't take advantage just because he asked me to come over and I said yes. Merlin, Jake, I don't hunt down your one night stands." she laughed.
"Come on. Forget about him, okay? No more hitting my...bed partners. Or whatever that's called.

"And no, you cannot claim that, because I am simply stronger than you." she grinned triumphantly. And it was true, actually. Because of the magical charm that had been passed down from her grandmother, aka her belly button piercing. It made her incredibly physically strong and focused her magic more as well.

"Haha very funny, Mr.Super-Fit McQuidditchStar. Sure I will." she joked, pulling him back to his side so se could lean back like she had bfore.
She was so relieved that things were back to normal and the two were instantly comfortable around each other again, for which she could not have been more grateful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 4:00 pm

"Come on. Forget about him, okay? No more hitting my...bed partners. Or whatever that's called."

"He's still a..." Jake shook his head at the thoughts, Mari was right. One night stands didn't matter and she was not Victoria. He couldn't get mad at everyone, he couldn't protect Mari from the world. But from his friends, Jake could keep her away from that much. "Just please tell me he was no good in bed?" Jake joked, because Merlin that would make all of this so much easier to deal with.

Ignoring the comment on her being stronger was ignored by Jake, instead he focused on the fact she was moving closer to him once more. It was a nice feeling, relaxing even. Her comment about him being fit made Jake laugh softly. "I'm not that good looking. And gold diggers aren't my type!" He joked, because he was highly aware his celebrity status came with a lot of those.

"Did you want to do something, or just chill?" Jake asked softly, already quite content on how they were.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 4:12 pm

She smiled at his antics and leaned her head on his shoulder looking up at him with an amused expression, "Will you be happy if I just say he's not good even if I may or may not be saying it just because it's what you want to hear?" she joked before patting his arm in sympathy, a smug smile on her face. "He was not good." she said as she patted, as if talking to a toddlr, but with a friendly look in her eyes, conveying that she was just making fun.

"I'm not that good looking. "
"True, now that I look closely...hmm, oh dear..." she pretended to scrutinize him, "oh dear, now that's just unfortunate..." All the while she had a mischievous glint in her eyes and a sly smile on her lips, poking and prodding gently as if testing his physique until she started laughing openly and fondly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:35 am

Jake couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle at the notion of Call us being no good. The man always spoke of how well his rendezvous had gone with women. Mari's comment only made Jake laugh because it was the complete opposite of what he'd been led to believe for the last few years.
The pokes to his chest and stomach and then his face, made Jake smile at the witch as she playfully scrutinised him. It was nice to see her having fun. To see the witch smiling as she was. As another poke caught him in the stomach, Jake's hands moved instantly to her sides, tickling the witch for her words. "Vet you back for that!" Jake insisted as his arms moved around her tight enough to stop her arms from moving but not impossible to get out of as he continued the onslaught.

He'd get her back, but only so he could see her smile.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 4:31 am

Marilyn gasped and laughed as the wizard retaliated with tickling. Her arms pinned to her side in a hold she could easily get out of, not to mention that since it was Jake doing the holding there was no reason for her to tense up or panic.

Though she could still easily get out of his hold and even pin him down for good measure she decided his ego had had enough knocking around (especially since she'd bruised him up a few times, from the fight club and the slap) so through her laughter she opened her palms in surrender,
"Alright, alright, you're not quite unfortunate looking" the witch smirked up at her friend, then turning her hands to grab his wrists to keep him from tickling her silly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 11:30 am

The laughter elicited from the witch's lips brought light laughter from Jake too. It was fun, the way their relationship worked. Something that he'd never really experienced with another woman before. Banter, teasing, but ultimately an understanding between the two of them that came through so many unspoken words and then many spoken. It worked, for Jake, knowing they could fool around like this, but take on the world together the next moment. Comforting, even.

"Alright, alright, you're not quite unfortunate looking."

Jake's hands had relented even before Mari took hold of his wrists. The Quidditch star smiling widely as the witch looked up at him with a smirk on her lips. Replies formulated and dissipated before Jake could even begin to think of them. Something in the back of his mind told him to say thank you, but instead...

Instead Jake's lips slowly met Mari's. Tentative, light, but thankful.

And not a moment later his whole body tensed as realisation hit him in regards to what he'd just done and the young man moved away. "I... sorry, I... don't know... sorry." Jake managed, shaking his head and gently pulling his hands away from the witch. Now he'd overdone it. It was silly, he'd never thought of Mari in that way, it was just the closeness and the fun of the situation getting the better of him. "I didn't... We're just friends." Jake scrambled for words but everything seemed inept.

"That won't..."

Giving up, Jake grabbed his TV remote, quickly pointing it at the TV. "I got Ted, the movie, did you want to watch it with me?" He finalised, moving away from what just happened in the hope they could simply pretend that it hadn't happened.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 11:48 am

Perhaps Mari was still sleeping, but she couldn't be. It all felt too real. The sun through the window on her skin, the smell of Jake's shampoo and body was too real, the feel of his lips on hers...
The witch kissed him back the same way before also realising who this was and what they were doing.
Before she could even begin to tell him that it was fine and that he didn't have to apologize because she understood, he was already stammering. She understood why he'd done it. It was nearly impossible to put into words, but it was just right. It just fit to the moment. To them. It was okay. And a small part of her wanted to grab his head and kiss him again, simply because it had felt good. But she shook that part aside and shook her head, 
"Jake." she broke through his ranting firmly, "Don't apologize, I understand. Okay? It's fine..." 
"Don't think about it," she smiled, "Sure. Let's watch Ted. Haven't seen a muggle film in ages."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:01 pm

The reassurance that it was okay didn't really help much. It should have, but Jake felt like an idiot. There was no way in hell they could ever work even if for a second he thought of Mari as anything more than a friend. They would always be simply that, so he merely nodded at her words, focusing on getting the right set up on his TV. "I'm sorry." Jake told he witch once more, even though she said it was okay.

Jake felt awkward, and it probably showed in the fact he couldn't bring himself to look at his friend.

Yes, he'd definitely made a mess of it.

"I don't know whether it's any good, I haven't seen it yet." Jake told the witch as he picked up the DVD remote and pressed play. The Quidditch star took out his wand, closing up the curtain to avoid any glare before making himself comfortable on the bed. Leaving the silence to encompass the moment, Jake watched the TV screen as much as he could. Though for some reason that he could not explain even if he'd noticed himself doing it, Jake kept looking sideways at the witch, wondering what she was thinking before his attention moved back to the film.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:15 pm

He apoligized, yet again, but she stopped herself from telling him it was fine, again, because she knew he was overthinking it already. So she just sighed, rolling her eyes slightly. After being in Isolation for a year, the only contact she'd had was for torture and that was all magic, no actual physical contact, actually having physical contact or intimacy had taken on a new meaning for the witch that was in no way inherently romantic. It was strength and trust and fond affection. Gratitude. Relief. Jake had been a key role in getting her used to physical displays of affection or comfort, like hugs, cuddling and just in generel not freaking out over every accidental touch. So naturally the witch had, once over the fear, gotten very used to that. They didn't need words to communicate how comfortable they felt they just showed it, even subconsciously. So the kiss hadn't meant to Mari that Jake was romantically interested, it had been an expression of trust, comfort and gratitude. And that was why initially she'd kissed him back.
Now, she wasn't oblivious. She knew that that was not how most in their culture regarded kissing or physical affection, Jake included. And she knew that that was why he was going crazy. Even after her reassurance. He was spooked.
So instead of leaning against him to wrap his arm around her shoulder as they usually would she sat next to him, leaning against the wall. She figured the way he was acting he'd start overthinking every touch, so she decided to let his mind cool off, and thought that wouldn't take long.
But the film was going on. And on. And every so often Jake would look at her and then back. And at her. And back. So on and so forth. And every single time he looked back at her she smiled a little bit more. Until she had to hide a laugh in her hand. (Thank Merlin they weren't watching a tragedy)
"I can hear you overthinking this, Newbury." she dropped with a smile, eye not moving from the screen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:34 pm

The comedic film was okay. Crass, and full of sex on a level Jake hadn't overly expected. More of a film for lads, if he was honest, though Mari never complained. Jake watched it amused, wondering what it would be like to get his own flat. The thought was washed away instantly as he realised that would mean cooking, cleaning, ironing, washing, getting groceries, paying bills, everything. No, Jake pushed that away for some other time.

But even through those thoughts the witch beside him seemed to find something funny even when jokes weren't being made. He'd thought he'd relax with a little time, but that wasn't true.

"I can hear you overthinking this, Newbury."

"Not overthinking anything, Caldwell." Jake replied, mirroring the witch in not looking at her, his eyes remaining on the TV. "Just watching the film." He added, though who he was trying to convince was anyone's guess right now, because he most definitely hadn't convinced himself.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:44 pm

Now she couldn't control the snort of laughter that escaped at that comment, "Please. If you think any harder you'll break your brain, I think I smell the smoke already..." she teased, turning her head to face him after she spoke, smiling with one eyebrow raised in a look like 'who are you kidding'.

"You've looked over at me ten times in the last twenty minutes. So unless I've turned into a crude teddy bear in that time you are most certainly not just watching the film." She added matter of factly, her lips forming a little smirk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:51 pm

The teasing of thinking made Jake let out a soft sigh. "That obvious?" He asked, looking to the witch beside him. As much as she told him it was okay, he didn't want to believe that and then when the witch left she never came back. It was... a mistake? Jake wasn't overly sure where the feelings were coming from. It hadn't felt wrong, but... No, he wouldn't think about it, it was complicated.

"You've looked over at me ten times in the last twenty minutes. So unless I've turned into a crude teddy bear in that time you are most certainly not just watching the film."

"You're counting?" Jake asked incredulously as he took in this witch. "Why are you counting?" He asked curiously. Merlin knew he wasn't a stranger to people doing odd things, but counting the amount of times he'd looked over was a new one.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:06 pm

"Well, your middle name is certainly not 'subtle'." she retorted with ease and a smile, still pretty calm.
Until he asked his question.
"I wasn't counting." shot out a bit too quickly, and she looked back at the screen, "I mean, it was a guesstimate, it's not a hobby of mine to count how many times people look at me. But you're doing it a lot so the real question is why are you staring at me so often?" There- Jood job, Caldwell, totally smooth, brilliant. Good work.

She looked back at him with a more playful and challenging expression, her body still quite relaxed as the ball was now in his court again. And Thank Merlin. Because Mari didn't want to think about how she knew that it had been around ten times that he'd looked at her. And she certainly didn't want to think about the glaring elephant of tension in the room that the overtly sexual film was not helping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:18 pm

"Well, your middle name is certainly not 'subtle'."

"Nope, just boring Henry." Jake teased back. It was easier than getting caught up in the idea he hadn't been subtle in his methods. He'd tried, he guess, but the witch had caught him out. Definitely something he'd have to work on before Auror training.

"But you're doing it a lot so the real question is why are you staring at me so often?"

That was both a clever question and a quick bat away from the original question at hand. Jake opened his mouth to reply before closing it as no answer came. A small frown touched his features as he thought about it before he shrugged it off, looking back at the TV. The film was at yet another sex scene, but Merlin knew it was better than looking at the witch and feeling the embarrassment of what he'd been doing.

Thankfully, Jake was saved with a knock at the door. The Quidditch star paused the film before telling whomever it was to come in. They didn't have to wait long before Jake's dad entered, looking to Mari with a warm smile before looking to his son. "Merlin's beard, Jake, put a shirt on!" Henry told his son, shaking his head at the scene before him. "Sorry Mari, just some information for Jake." Henry added, watching his son getting reluctantly off the bed and pulling a t-shirt over his head a moment later.

"What is it, dad?" Jake asked, moving to his dad's side who held a letter. A letter that was used to swat Jake around the head with a grumble of teaching him better manners than that. After a quick apology and taking the letter from his dad, Henry moved out of the room with a wave to Mari, leaving them alone once again. Sitting back down on his bed, Jake opened the letter emblazoned with the Ministry seal and read slowly, smiling to himself as he read down the page.

"I've got my place on the Auror course!" Jake told Mari happily, scanning the rest. "I have an interview next week, despite being on the programme before. They're going to give me my psych test first and if I pass I'll be on your course next year!" Turning to Mari with a grin, the whole tension was forgotten on Jake's part. This was just another way in which the world was telling him that everything was going to work out just fine!
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:29 pm

The Witch had been about to press him to answer her when there was a knock at the door.
"Hi Mr.Newbury," she smiled and she smiled in return before reprimending his half naked son and Marilyn bit her lip to keep from laughing out loud, instead averting her gaze and grinning. Waiting for him to return and open the letter all prior conversation was forgotten as he announced "I've got my place on the Auror course!"
"Are you serious? That's amazing! Congratulations!" She threw her arms around his neck and hugged him warmly, grinning at the news, "This is great, now I can kick your butt around on the Quad as well as on my own free time." Mari joked. "This calls for a celebration." she smirked at her friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:38 pm

With the cuddle from Mari, Jake hugged the witch back reading the letter over again as he held her to him. As they let go of one another, Jake moved off of his bed to the pin board on the wall by the window. Stealing a pin from the months Quidditch pin-up magazine (a very nice close up shot of one of the Holyhead Harpies cheerleaders in not a lot of clothing) Jake pinned the letter up.

"Kicking me around? What about your partner?" Jake asked, his tone teasing. "I wouldn't want to steal all of her attention!" He continued, grinning from ear to ear. This news was what he'd been hoping for ever since he'd written to the Ministry, and it seemed they were happy to give him another shot at the career he wanted so much.

"This calls for a celebration."

"It does!" Jake agreed, moving to his wardrobe and pulling out some better clothes to wear to go out. "I'll get changed and we'll head down in to the town!" Jake told the witch, slipping in to his en-suite bathroom. It was no more than half-an-hour later that the duo were stood in the bar, getting the drinks in for a celebration. The events of the afternoon were forgotten for the evening as they enjoyed themselves in the local pub with the locals and at the pool table. Almost as if nothing had happened, really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)   Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorry's Not Good Enough (Mari & Jake)
Page 1 of 1