Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Venting (Azalea)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

Venting (Azalea) Empty
PostSubject: Venting (Azalea)   Venting (Azalea) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 10:30 am

Ares didn't know what to do or think, before he realized where he was going he ended up at the Greenhouses. All he did was stand out the door, he didn't want to knock and disturb Azalea if she was busy and he most certainly didn't want her to think he was having trouble at home when really he wasn't, he just could impress his parents. Yes they heard that Wormwood won and how many points he got for his house but that didn't matter to them really. Yes it was the house cup but it wasn't much for them to know that he tried because most of those points weren't won by him. Ares knocked on the door before he walked in.

"Hi Azalea, do you have a moment?"
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Venting (Azalea) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting (Azalea)   Venting (Azalea) EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 1:45 pm

Azalea had found herself averting her gaze from most reflective surfaces recently. The mirror in her bedroom had become a constant source of exercise as the witch went out of her way to exit in a fashion that avoided her walking past it, the hand mirror in her bag connecting her to James hadn't seen the light of day in weeks no matter how badly she wanted to call him up and talk to him, even the glass walls of her greenhouse were something of a chore and most days the witch kept them covered with opaque sheets, the cold making her excuses for her. No one needed to know why the witch tried to stay away from anything that might show her an image of herself and Azalea was fine with it.

That morning, the witch was immersed in grading papers, having swapped her usual metallically reflexive pen for something cheap and plastic and completely unlike her but it was worth it not catching glimpses of her finger in the metalwork. Azalea almost missed the soft knock on the door but raised her head just in time as Ares Oxton walked in. An instinctive smile touched her face a the sight of a student and the brunette put down her pen.

Everything else, including self loathing, could wait.

"Hi Azalea, do you have a moment?"

"Of course," Azalea offered, gesturing the young Wormwood to the chair opposite her. "Want some candy?" she asked, producing a chocolate wand from under her desk and handing it to the boy.
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

Venting (Azalea) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting (Azalea)   Venting (Azalea) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 12:08 am

When Azalea let him in and offered him candy he shook his head. "Trust me, you don't want to offer things to me, they always end badly... most of the time" Ares explained somewhat. "I am actually hoping I could talk to you that is if you're not too busy to listen to a stupid twelve year old student" he always thought so low about himself.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Venting (Azalea) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting (Azalea)   Venting (Azalea) EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 8:46 pm

"Trust me, you don't want to offer things to me, they always end badly... most of the time"

"Relax Ares," the witch said soothingly. It was clear that the young wizard was in a troubled state. "Its just candy, you eat it and that's pretty much it."

"I am actually hoping I could talk to you that is if you're not too busy to listen to a stupid twelve year old student"

"You're not stupid, honey," she reassured the boy. "If you were, you wouldn't be in Wormwood, home to the wise. And I always time time to listen to you," she added.

"So what seems to be the problem?"
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

Venting (Azalea) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting (Azalea)   Venting (Azalea) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 11:53 am

Ares decided he'd take the candy and just shut up and just swallow whatever pride he had. Ares took the candy from her. "Thank you" he said to her. Azalea was a nice woman and she was a good Professor. Sometimes he never really seen school fitting because he was never good enough for his parents.

"Yeah, Wormwood, I think someone has made a mistake because according to my parents my siblings are more better in school then me" Ares said to Azalea. "Sometimes I think my family will be better off without me there."
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Venting (Azalea) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting (Azalea)   Venting (Azalea) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:03 pm

"Yeah, Wormwood, I think someone has made a mistake because according to my parents my siblings are more better in school then me"

Even if Azalea wasn't entirely familiar with the Oxton home situation, she had an inkling what this was about. Last year had marked Student of the Year awards for both Apollo and Aphrodite, and while Azalea was proud of them, she could see how Ares would feel left behind.

"Sometimes I think my family will be better off without me there."

"I'm sure that's not true," Azalea replied, wondering how hurt the boy must be to think such things. "Every member of the family is just as important as the next, and I'm sure your parents know that too."
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

Venting (Azalea) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting (Azalea)   Venting (Azalea) EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 9:05 am

Ares couldn't help but be amused at her response. Like it literally made him want to laugh at her for being so wrong. "Azalea you don't get it, I am left in my older siblings shadows, they're always being bragged about at parties that my parents like to show off but when family members ask about me, my parents will just be like. "Oh, Ares loves pranking people" like its ridiculous" Ares explains to Azalea. "And the funny thing is, I could care less if I get student of the year, I'm only trying my best in school to please my parents" Ares rolled his eyes.

"Sometimes I wish I could just fall asleep and never wake up."
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Venting (Azalea) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting (Azalea)   Venting (Azalea) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:10 am

"Azalea you don't get it, I am left in my older siblings shadows, they're always being bragged about at parties that my parents like to show off but when family members ask about me, my parents will just be like. "Oh, Ares loves pranking people" like its ridiculous"

Azalea nodded, sensing the boy's need to vent. If it took spewing things out about his parents to make him feel better, she could provide the safe environment for him to do that in. Though perhaps she might write to Mr. and Mrs. Oxton regarding how their youngest felt.

"Are, have you ever told your parents how you feel when they do this kind of stuff? Because they might just think its a joke but it clearly hurts you very much."

"Sometimes I wish I could just fall asleep and never wake up."

"I know how you feel," the witch let slip before composing herself. "But we can't do that, we have to keep fighting. I suggest facing your parents and just telling them to back off a little bit. That you don't appreciate being likened to your siblings, which is perfectly understandable."
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

Venting (Azalea) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting (Azalea)   Venting (Azalea) EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 2:53 pm

When Azalea asked if he ever told his parents about what he was feeling, he sighed. "Yes, once. They told me that when I grew older and learned responsibility that I should learn to become like Aphy and Apollo" Ares answers honestly. He didn't like hearing those words but he dealt with them.

"They won't understand Azalea! They will just shake it off like nothing happened" Ares ran a hand through his dark hair.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Venting (Azalea) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting (Azalea)   Venting (Azalea) EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 3:09 pm

"Yes, once. They told me that when I grew older and learned responsibility that I should learn to become like Aphy and Apollo"

"Well, that may have been unkind of them," Azalea provided, approaching the problem from Ares' point of view. From what she understood, Mr. and Mrs. Oxton thought their youngest wasn't responsible enough. And there were only two ways to go from there.

"The way I see it, you can other continue to break your back and earn their respect and trust, or keep doing what you're doing if you truly feel that nothing you try will make a difference," the brunette explained.

"However you should keep in mind that parents are people too, sweetie. Subject to bias and misunderstandings, and if we don't hold being human against our friends, we certainly shouldn't do it with our parents."
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

Venting (Azalea) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting (Azalea)   Venting (Azalea) EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 3:55 pm

Ares couldn't help but snort at what she had said. "My parents have their moments. I'm not saying that I hate them or my siblings, I just hate how my parents want me to be like them, I just want to be me but I don't think they can accept that" Ares explained to Azalea.

"I can tell you one thing Azalea, people are people, they should never stop being who they are even if people disapprove of it."
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Venting (Azalea) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting (Azalea)   Venting (Azalea) EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 4:03 pm

When the young Wormwood explained that his parents would never be able to except that, Azalea kept quiet. Never was a long, long time assumption.

"There is no real answer for this, is there?" she ventured after the boy was done venting. "You've made a decision more or less and it appears you're going to go through with it for your own reasons." Cutting the kid some slack, Azalea handed him another chocolate wand.

"Do you at least have any close friends you can hang out with, get your mind off the home stuff?"
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

Venting (Azalea) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting (Azalea)   Venting (Azalea) EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 8:14 pm

Ares and Azalea both knew that this was a dead end conversation. His parents were just to damn stubborn for his taste but he delt with them just like he delt with everything else. "My parents are difficult and there is no other way to handle this sort of thing, but I appreciate you listening" he was grateful. Azalea offered him a chocolate wand and gladly took it, he took a bite out if it.

"I do actually, Brayden Count. He is the best."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Venting (Azalea) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venting (Azalea)   Venting (Azalea) Empty

Back to top Go down

Venting (Azalea)
Page 1 of 1