Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A promise made. (Brooke and Thana )

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

A promise made. (Brooke and Thana ) Empty
PostSubject: A promise made. (Brooke and Thana )   A promise made. (Brooke and Thana ) EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 3:33 am

It was a quiet weekend for Thana, she had made a visit to England and had found herself to be free for the afternoon. Quietly she remembered a promise she had made to Brooke, she had promised  once she found out her identity that one day when Thana was ready Brooke could ask anything about her past. She decided it was time to keep that promise, she had sent an owl to her friend and told her that she was going to be in Hogsmeade and if she wanted Thana was ready to keep her promise.

Gently walking in to the bar she waited for her friend to arrive, she had made sure no one else was around. What she was willing to discuss she didn't want many people to know, and it was only because of her promise that she was telling Brooke. She ordered two drinks of butterbeer and waited for her friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A promise made. (Brooke and Thana )   A promise made. (Brooke and Thana ) EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 6:52 am

Despite the fact that Thana had moved over to Salem - and, subsequently, the US - the two had not stopped corresponding. So when, one day, an unexpected owl came (Brooke had only recently sent her reply, and it could not have reached her friend so fast), she was no doubt anxious until she opened it.

With a smile, she remembered at once the promise the two had made, and, quickly grabbing a jacket, left the common room and headed down to Hogsmeade. Entering the bar, she noticed Thana at once and briskly walked over with a huge smile. Now a red head, she recalled having mentioned it to the other witch once or twice, but she wasn't sure if Thana would recognize her. "It's me, Brooke," she said the moment she got close enough, bending down to give the now-Wormwood girl a quick hug before sliding into the seat opposite her.

Before anything else could be said, she added, "Thana, I don't want to press. If you're not comfortable with telling me, I don't mind not knowing. The past, after all, is just that, and it doesn't define you." Smiling to show she was being honest, it was only then that she relaxed a little more, reaching over to grab the other glass. "So how have you been? I feel like it's been forever since we had a face to face!"
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: A promise made. (Brooke and Thana )   A promise made. (Brooke and Thana ) EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 7:02 am

Thana looked up when she heard her friend approach and tell her it was her, and smiled as she got hugged before looking at the girl. She was about to respond when Brooke got in first, smiling as she listened.

Thana, I don't want to press. If you're not comfortable with telling me, I don't mind not knowing. The past, after all, is just that, and it doesn't define you. So how have you been? I feel like it's been forever since we had a face to face!"

Smiling and raising her hands, Thana looked at her friend. "Chill chill chill. I wouldn't of asked you to come if I didn't want to answer. Anything you want to know ask okay?" she told her friend, thinking about her answer to how she had been. "I've been okay. You know Lucas and I aren't talking? Other then that school isn't too hard to adjust too, and repeating isn't that bad. Getting used to not being as physical is the hardest part. Not being able to go for morning runs, and be you know.....sporty. " Thana told her friend, smiling and taking a sip of her drink. "You look beautiful by the way."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A promise made. (Brooke and Thana )   A promise made. (Brooke and Thana ) EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 7:21 am

"Chill chill chill. I wouldn't of asked you to come if I didn't want to answer. Anything you want to know ask okay?"

Chuckling lightly, she nodded. "But," she couldn't help but say, "If there's anything you're too uncomfortable about stop me, okay?" Listening to her friend continue, she nodded along with the words, showing that she was indeed listening and not zoning out.

Sipping her drink, she laughed at the last comment. "Thank you! I felt like a change." Shrugging, she continued with, "You look great, too!" Pausing to think for a few moments, she wondered where she could start. There were so many things, so many questions she definitely had, but at the same time, her mother's words of minding her own business were ringing in her mind. "Y-you never told me why you moved to Salem - not properly, anyway," she finally said after what felt like too long a silence, blurting out what first came to mind.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: A promise made. (Brooke and Thana )   A promise made. (Brooke and Thana ) EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 8:02 am

Thana smiled softly and nodded her head, " I will . Don't worry Hun." She replied, taking another sip of her drink while listening again. And smiling as Brooke as her first question. Thana took a few moments to reply, thinking it over carefully.

" Transferring had been on my mind for a while, and when everything happened at the end of the year.. And the ball, well it kind of topped the cake. Lucas was smothering me over summer, wouldn't let me have guests, wouldn't let me get back on a broom. I guess I just wanted to get away from the memories. In my time, when I was a kid Lucas was only a year older then me. I was ten and he was eleven. We were supposed to get married, our parents had arranged it but that's another story.

Lucas and I were supposed to go to Hogwarts together, me a year after him but things changed. Then when I found him working as a healer I knew how much I had lost. I was an old woman in a child's body. Moving to Salem gave me a fresh start, a chance to be me and not be " The Professors adopted weird sister." I guess." Thana answered her friend, completely and honestly. " Sorry if I rambled.. I haven't told anyone really why I transferred."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A promise made. (Brooke and Thana )   A promise made. (Brooke and Thana ) EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 8:18 am

At the confirmation that the witch would not answer anything that made her uncomfortable, Brooke fully relaxed, but then tensed again as she listened to Thana speak. Merlin, she thought, how can a person go through so much? Although she herself had been through hell and back, everyone, she knew, had different perceptions of what hell was.

"I'm so sorry that happened, Thana," she said softly when the Wormwood finished, wanting to walk over and give the girl a hug, but knowing that it wouldn't help - Thana had previously mentioned hugs was not something she liked.

"No, don't apologize," she added, a moment later. "There's no need to. It's your story, take however long you like." Pausing for even longer, she realized she was now expected to ask another question. This was harder than she thought it would be, prying never being one of her strong points, especially not with things this sensitive. "H-how about you tell me what you want to, and if I don't understand, then I'll ask questions?" she suggested, not sure what else she could do.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: A promise made. (Brooke and Thana )   A promise made. (Brooke and Thana ) EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 1:30 am

How about you tell me what you want to, and if I don't understand, then I'll ask questions?"

Thana raised a slight eyebrow and smiled again, "Okay. Well, I guess I start at the beginning. I was born in Australia, and lived there until I was around six or seven . We went back every summer, which is why I hadn't seen the snow until last year. Anyway, we moved to England where my parents worked in the muggle world. They essentially defected from being purebloods and associated in the muggle world instead. So I never knew of other magic, until the night that Tom Riddle came." Thana started, "The night he killed my parents he took me. I didn't know anyone knew that..Well I was different...Like you I have an ability, though it isn't as awesome as you being able to change identity it is different to most people." She explained, taking a sip of her drink and letting what she said sink in. Before a thought crossed her mind, "Did you want to see it? The mark." Thana asked quietly but clearly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A promise made. (Brooke and Thana )   A promise made. (Brooke and Thana ) Empty

Back to top Go down

A promise made. (Brooke and Thana )
Page 1 of 1