Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement) Empty
PostSubject: Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement)   Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement) EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 1:29 am

As the clock struck five, Mycroft found himself now coming to a second job: the Ministry. And by the mountains of paper on his desk, he knew that it was going to be a long night. He sighed and removed his jacket placing it on the hook and rolled his sleeves. After teaching his last round of potions in Salem, did he apparate to his home only to change to another suit to go to the Ministry.

Between taking over the family name, his father's position, and Hogwarts, was weighing heavily on him. He wasn't in his twenties anymore, and he knew things affected him more than when he was younger. Rolling his shoulders, he looked over the paperwork once more and gritted his teeth.

The Ministry was not doing their job; it had failed it's people, not just in the UK, but the North American as well. Both governments had been fooled once more, there was no new information about the Black Widows, nothing was moving forward, and if there was something that Mycroft hated was stalemates. The fact that the terrorists group was getting the best out of successful wizards was shameful. He was embarrassed at the lack of movement and he wanted to see why.

He had scheduled a meeting with Louis Clement, and while the man was a few years his senior, and had differences, a common ground was the success of both their new recruitments, the government and overall to end terrorism. Leaning back on his chair, he lifted his arms and stretched, his back already strained from apparating from so far without rest. As he waited for Mr. Clement, he looked over the cases which had made progress, which hadn't and sighed knowing that there weren't many successes, and if found very miniscule.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement)   Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement) EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 2:09 pm

After finishing his classes for the week, Louis knew he had to report back to Mycroft Holmes. They'd met only briefly in passing in a few meetings, but from their blood line, they knew a heap more information of the other before any meeting. Vanessa was the one who dabbled in the talk of high society and if anything was interesting it was the rumours flying around of the Holmes family.

Louis, however, kept out of such talks, leaving Vanessa to decipher what she could. It left him more free time to do precisely as he wanted to, which meant playing at being Auror.

Knocking on the door, Louis left only a brief amount of time before entering the room. "Evening, Holmes." Louis acknowledged. The man was his senior only in the role at the Ministry, in everything else, they were on par. "Good week?" The man asked, moving to the desk and taking a seat opposite the man.

There was no waiting for invitations, no worry that he would be reprimanded, Louis Clement knew that this was not strictly formal, and he had no intention on playing to another man's tune. Placing a folder on the Head Auror's desk, Louis turned serious. "I'm afraid it's not good, Holmes, three of the four couldn't get past the first stage of training." Louis explained, his features showing quite clearly his distaste for such things.
Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement)   Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement) EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 3:43 pm

Mycroft knew he was getting tired, he put on glasses on his face knowing that it would calm his headache. He was being stubborn by not wearing his reading glasses, but he typically succumbed to it after a long day. Reading the missions below, he signed off, knowing that there was little chance of success. Was he being pessimistic? Yes, probably, but seeing how other cases were going, it was probably thinking realistically.

The knocking interrupted his thought, and he removed his classes placing them in his drawer, already knowing who it was. Louis Clement was one of those who he respected, and trusted the man enough in his position. As he entered, he made himself comfortable, something that amused Mycroft more than annoyed. Leaning back he raised his brow at the greeting and signaled the paperwork that had piled on his desk.

"Peachy" he replied dryly as he moved the approved paperwork down the shoot letting it go to the next department. "What do you have for me Clement?"

Before he knew it, the file was placed on his desk and he took it, not looking forward to what he would read. Opening his left drawer, he took out a cigar box and placed it on his desk, sliding it over, signaling Louis to help himself as he began to skim through it.

"I'm afraid it's not good, Holmes, three of the four couldn't get past the first stage of training."

Mycroft made a noise of discontent and began to read the names, frowning that he briefly remembered the names from the two schools he taught for. Filing through, he froze reading the comments and lifted his gaze in annoyance.

"Failure? They confused the first task of camouflage?! For...with a damn art class. Merlin how did they get in this program" he grumbled. "Tell me Clement, in your expertise, is there any potential in the failing class?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement)   Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 12:16 am

The site of cigars was welcoming to Louis. Though he was not a smoker, the social cigar was a good boost. Better than the awful cigarettes that floated around the army barracks all those years ago. Taking one up, Louis twirled it between his fingers for a moment before bringing it to his lips. A click of his fingers later and the tip had nicely lighted for him.

"I'm afraid so, Holmes. I gave them only camouflage paint and the next I knew canvasses had appeared in my room. The two American lads. The English candidate has no respect for authority, an ego larger than the room and generally not a man I can tolerate. Which says a lot." Louis explained, making sure the man before him understood that Louis was a patient man in the most part.

"Tell me Clement, in your expertise, is there any potential in the failing class?"

"Perhaps one." Louis replied, taking a deep drag on the cigar, pausing to let the fumes relax his body before he breathed out through his lightly from his mouth. "Waters. She showed potential in a class that isn't full of clever people. We have a field trip for her next week. I sent the others home because they were wasting my time. I've heard Waters is doing the Healer course too, so if not a first rate Auror she could definitely make a field medic."
Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement)   Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement) EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 4:03 am

Mycroft leaned back listening to what Louis had to say. The moment that he described the class, he briefly became nostalgic, stealth was always one of his favorite classes simply because of the creativity needed to survive. But as he mentioned camoflauge, he knew that it was smooth sailing. He shook his head and clipped the tip of the cigar, immediately lighting it and letting out a small puff. He figured that Teagan wouldn't mind if he had a bit of of that smell on him. For some odd reason he only did it when discussing business, in some way creating a social aspect of masculinity and togetherness. Stupid really, but it worked for both of them, both non-smokers for the most part.

His attention was caught through Louis' narration at the fact that students could even fail the class. He couldn't find what went wrong... up until the mention of canvases being transfigured. He couldn't help but let out a groan of his own, embarrassed for the sake of even thinking that the students made it to the program to begin with. The mention of someone having lack of respect towards Louis made Mycroft both curious and annoyed.

"And the name of this little rebel in our ranks?" he asked as he looked through the file of the failing students. "Egotists never make it through the program anyways"

And it was true. The better you thought you were, too good for knew knowledge is when you failed. He'd seen it happen; people who thought that fighting on the winning side equaled the same when on the battlefield as an Auror. It wasn't, there was much more refinement. Either way, the fact that a newbie was already testing the ranks wasn't working for Mycroft. He, liked order. He liked every one to know their place and work their way up, as everyone had. No one just got in for their name, and if they did, they would soon have to prove themselves just the same.

Waters. His mind immediately shuffled through the names, as it sounded familiar. Surely enough, Scarlett Waters. Looking down at the file he nodded, already knowing that this was one of the promising students. Still, only one was worrying.

"Do these failing students deserve another chance? I'm asking this because I have no problem forcing them to sign up for the university once more. We don't accept laggers, especially when people fail stealth."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement)   Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement) EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 1:52 pm

The small groan from Mycroft at the mention of how his class had gone wrong made Louis nod. It was embarrassing to say the least, and honestly the Frenchman didn't know how he was supposed to make some force out of these people when they couldn't understand basic functions. Let alone try to take down the Black Widows with... well, for want of a better word, morons.

"And the name of this little rebel in our ranks?"

"Shuter." Louis breathed exhaling the smoke and shaking his head at the mention of the name of boy in question. "I don't think he's suited to even the junior ranks, personally, I would most definitely never put him forward to some kind of commanding role. He'd probably have his unit killed if he was put in charge." The added explanation was a truth in Louis' mind, though he'd ousted the boy before he could prove as much.

"I sent him out of the classroom to cool off a little, but he came back just as full of ideas as before. He'll need a lot of work, I believe." Louis explained, shaking his head. It was a waste, having to teach respect, obviously some of the Hogwarts teachers had been lacking in that respect. "If you want me to take a specific training with him, I'd be willing, Holmes, but I'm not promising I won't kill him if he speaks out like he did again."

A smile graced Louis' lips at the idea, though of course they both knew there were some things not even men like themselves could cover up in a university.

"Second chance?" Louis considered for a moment. "I suppose they can try again. I'll have a different class lined up for next year, if they fail that then I think it's safe to say they're not what we're looking for." Louis summarised, taking a deep drag on his cigar and letting the smoke out slowly.
Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement)   Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement) EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 1:01 am

This whole ministry was breaking down, and in all honesty, Mycroft simply tried to keep his division in order. The government could run as it pleased, make stupid decisions as they went along, but one thing was clear, when it came to his job, he wasn't letting anyone lag. Clement was in his department for a reason; he was one of the best. If ever naming aurors that have had their names attached to heroics, Clement was one of them, and the fact he worked to instill his perspective on younger minds was a relief. But there came the other side of the coin, no matter how much one teaches, it does not mean that they are duplicates of the original. His blue eyes trailed towards the files of failed cases; it was clear that either people needed retraining, or there would need to be a purge when it came to the department.

His trail of thoughts were halted as Louis told him the name of the person who was creating so much trouble. His mind began to filter through, trying to find the name of the person and see if he remembered the boy; he did. He remembered how the boy had failed to follow direction when they had gotten the attack during the Quidditch match, and how he wanted to be the leader.

"Ah yes" he said aloud, "Former Gryffindor, hard headed, stubborn, rather than thinking it out jumps into situations...a real danger to the department and himself if he were to continue this way" he drawled.

Mycroft was a firm believer in second chances...third? Not so much. But he knew that Louis had a lot on his hands from the boy. If he learned that it was no longer a team effort but rather one of survival. If he was behind, or had characteristics that were dangerous, it was no use to continue the program. Finding the boy's folder, he wrote a note, reminding himself of the potential danger.

"If you want me to take a specific training with him, I'd be willing, Holmes, but I'm not promising I won't kill him if he speaks out like he did again."

He let out the smoke, closing his eyes for a second and taking in the taste. He rarely did take pleasure in cigars, and when he did, it took him back. At the other man's comment, Mycroft opened his eyes and raised his brow in amusement at his words. Everyone had reached that point when it came to teaching.

"I'm thinking of teaching next semester, get back in there and see if a familiar face in any way pushes them to excel. My only fear is that people will see it as a continuing Hogwarts or Salem, and in no way does this qualify. Many had a hard time even passing" he chuckled.

"I suppose they can try again. I'll have a different class lined up for next year, if they fail that then I think it's safe to say they're not what we're looking for."

He nodded wondering what he could teach himself and if it would help in any way.

"I always believe in second chances, but never third. If they fail again, they're out of the program. If a beginner's class is too hard for them, perhaps their diploma's were handed out too easily, and the O.W.L.S were a waste of everyone's time. I know people still at the institutions that would do far better"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement)   Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement) EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 3:36 pm

"Former Gryffindor, hard headed, stubborn, rather than thinking it out jumps into situations...a real danger to the department and himself if he were to continue this way"

Louis had read the notes on each candidate in detail, he knew enough about each of them to probably make them flinch if he said the things out loud, and the description of Mr Shuter was impeccable. "I wish I could disagree, but that is probably the most accurate description of the candidate as can be offered." Louis replied to the man after another exhale of smoke.

"Teaching?" Louis asked, interested in the man's idea. "What would you be teaching? Perhaps we can work together in an idea of progression?" Louis suggested, knowing that building from each stage would serve the prospect Aurors well. "If you want me to, of course." He added a moment later, making sure the man before him knew that he wasn't trying to overrule the authority of the position the younger man held.

"My next programme, if approved, was going to look in to the possibility of capture in our line of work. It was something I covered in the army. Something that is useful, especially when are people are always working behind enemy lines." Louis added a moment later, wondering if the man across the table would think it a wise decision. "A difficult lesson, I'm sure, but it will pick out the men from the boys."

The stereotype was a given for Louis, the Auror squad was a male business, if you asked him. BUt the irony of the current situation was that only the females were getting through to the next stage. "I'll keep in mind, in regards to the chances too. Though, if I had my way, and the Ministry would listen, I'm not all too sure it's wise. But the numbers coming through aren't enough so we don't have much choice." Louis spoke frankly, shaking his head.
Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement)   Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement) EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Mycroft thought about whether or not to go teaching to university level. He found himself wondering what it'd be like to teach. It would certain give him freedom that he didn't necessarily have at Hogwarts. Even being headmaster in one school was not enough to push for changes and new challenges. But did he want to deal with egos was a question. David Shuter was harmless, always followed his directions and was more about the idea of what it was to be a hero than anything. But what if there were bigger egos? Could he control himself? All these thoughts flowed through his mind.

"What would you be teaching? Perhaps we can work together in an idea of progression?"

Leaning back he puffed his cigar before answering. It did interest him in doing something different.

"I've noticed that you are handling classes classes that deal with stealth, the body. I'd rather deal with the mind, mold the right mentality in these students to make them succeed. First Potion Training, to know basics considering how when on a case we rarely have any access to healers, as well as poisons how to detect them and so forth. Later on, perhaps some mind training teaching them about tortures, and the idea of proper interrogation techniques and not torture. I do not mind planning things along."

As Louis explained his next lesson plan, Mycroft nodded liking the idea of it all. It would help them all filter through floaters to figure out the right potential. He would make sure the lesson would be approved, it was important.

"I'll keep in mind, in regards to the chances too. Though, if I had my way, and the Ministry would listen, I'm not all too sure it's wise. But the numbers coming through aren't enough so we don't have much choice."

"You're right, and I trust you to make the right choices" he drawled.

Putting the files to the side, he moved on to the bigger order of business. Pulling the drawer he took out the plans that he had taken up. In front of him was a map of Salem, figures, numbers and everything he had been plotting over for a while.

"We have an important issue that I need your help and expert opinion on. I've decided that there should be a inter-school ball, except, Miss Finn and I have been mulling over the idea that it would be bigger than a celebration. Every time there is a meeting, ball, party, game, or get together, there is an attack from the Black Widows. I think that this time we are prepared, with Aurors, hell even those Aurors-in-training, to be prepared for an incoming attack."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement)   Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement) EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 2:20 am

The lesson plan of Mycroft's made Louis nod along. The mind wasn't exactly his forte, so it was better for the younger man to take that one. Louis had always been more physical than mental in his approach to things, it had gotten him in to a lot of trouble over the years, but now he was getting old, well, he was mellowing if only a little bit.

"I think we've subconsciously built two very good lessons that lead in to one another." Louis told the man with a smile on his lips. It was going to be an interesting couple of lessons for the new recruits, but most definitely would get them the Aurors they needed by the end of it.

The conversation on the teaching of the new Aurors soon subsided however, in to a topic of a mission, as it were. Louis listened to the idea, nodding in the right areas, until the last couple of lines, at which point the man frowned slightly. "You want me to bring the ones who failed, too?" Louis asked, a little shocked at the idea. Walters would be well enough equipped, but the failed Aurors? They were likely going to be a bit of a liability if Louis was honest.

"I'll see what I can do, of course. Do you want me to take the reins for the night?" Louis asked, knowing that as Headmaster Mycroft was going to have enough to do, and Merlin knew Louis could cope with the Aurors. "You can enjoy your time with the students and professors that way, right?" He added as an after thought, though the Frenchman was quite sure the man before him wasn't the kind to forget about the Black Widows in such a setting, not given the history of the school events.
Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement)   Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement) EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 2:45 am

Mycroft had gone many a night planning this with Teagan. She was always the one person he spoke his plans to, from her former days on the field, to her experience of the castle. It was both helpful and reassured him that it was a good thing to do. He knew he was risking it, but from the approval of both Ministers he had the ball as the perfect trap. Unrolling the scroll he began to explain it to Louis.

"The reason I ask for even your failed aurors is because while they didn't think about stealth, I trust them to have a sense of heroism, even from the most egotistical student. We need them to protect, but never under mind. I do think you should lead, for I will be leading my students."

He took a deep breath knowing he was risking students and that was always worrisome. He was risking Tess, for he knew she would be one of the people leading her students. She was a fighter, just like him. He shook his head at the thought.

"I want to make sure that the hierarchy is clear here. You are in charge of these students, and if they fail you fail. I thought your past failures in missions, and I am sure you will not fail again" remembering the folder he had read days before. His blue eyes stared at the older man intently," I am risking the lives of children out there, of my sister, of other bright minds to end this. And if this fails, heads will roll"

"You can enjoy your time with the students and professors that way, right?"

"There will be no enjoying for me Clement make that sure. The Heads of the school will be notified to be careful, and I will have the older students be in charge, for they are in their element in the castle. I want it to be clear that your students have no authority over mine. I don't want Shuter yelling over students who have more leadership than they do. None of your failing students have authority over the two successful students you have, and my head students. For I see the failed students at the same level if not lower than my head students. Does that seem possible to push into their heads."

Pointing towards the map, he showed the point of entrance.

"Everyone is going to enter the same, I don't want them being obvious. They must pretend they are enjoying all of it, no need to scare younger students. We need tactful people to enjoy the ball but keep an eye out. Seems simple enough of a task for them. But I want them around, you're in charge of creating a patrol, casual really. Because if they don't attack...well no skin off of our back. Thoughts?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement)   Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement) EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 3:46 am

Louis listened as Mycroft insisted on bringing back the useless Aurors as well as the ones competent in their field. It did make him slightly nervous, but Louis knew that the man before him had a plan and he respected the ideas. Perhaps they could get lucky and lose a few of the less capable in an unfortunate accident, though Louis realised that was probably too much wishful thinking.

"Leading isn't a problem." Louis managed in reply. He was slightly apprehensive, but with his best Aurors in the more significant places, nothing could go wrong. Or so Louis hoped.

"You are in charge of these students, and if they fail you fail. I thought your past failures in missions, and I am sure you will not fail again"

"With due respect, Holmes, you don't need to fight my corner. But, you can be quite sure that this time no one is going to fail you from the Auror side." Louis assured the man. Merlin knew if any of the Auror force even for a moment began to lack, Louis would be kicking their ass just a moment later.

"Authority is not an issue either, Holmes. I will talk with the Aurors before we go in and make sure they are quite clear as to what their role is. No interfering with students is fine." Louis replied, showing he understood quite clearly. The mention of Shuter though made Louis quite aware that he was going to have to trample the egotistical boy before putting him on display. And if he couldn't be trampled, Louis would send him home, he would rather be a man short than have a liability.

The instructions on being discrete were a given in Louis' mind but the Frenchman simply nodded in reply. The man knew how these things worked, having done a mission with the French nobility in a similar way. "I don't think I have anything to add, Holmes. Just that if anything should happen, I would hope you had an evacuation plan for those too young to fight. I do not wish to have minors' deaths on my hands through lack of planning." Louis told the man firmly. Casualties were a possibility, but young casualties could most certainly be avoided.
Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement)   Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement) EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 4:01 am

Mycroft knew he was being harsh with his words, but in reality his frustrations over the whole government and their bumbling actions were making his tongue sharper and his tact removed. Logic was taking over, and he wanted to make sure no life was lost if the attack would occur. He'd rather have useless people defending their former colleagues than having them be useless.

"I don't think I have anything to add, Holmes. Just that if anything should happen, I would hope you had an evacuation plan for those too young to fight. I do not wish to have minors' deaths on my hands through lack of planning."

He nodded knowing that it was important to get the evacuation plan and he figured there was no better evacuation plan than the students before them.

"I want the trainee Aurors who are knowledgeable about Salem to lead them with the prefects and found them up. They can defend the castle, the students, but they need to know when to step back. Maybe suggest your students to know when to push back, and think about the younger students than the heroics of battle"

Sighing, he lifted his hand to his temples and rubbed them softly knowing a headache was coming. It was stressful to risk all of this to destroy an organization that had done more than its fair share of disasters. From Lugarmago to the kidnapped children, and all the casualties of the Quidditch game.

"I can only hope that they don't attack, but history tends to repeat itself does it not? So we must be ready."

Handing Louis the file, he knew that there were the plans full in writing, with the seals of both ministries. Now it was time to wait it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement)   Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement) EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:11 am

Louis listened, making mental notes of all the plans. He would make sure each and every Auror knew their job precisely, and Merlin knew if one of them overstepped the mark he was going to come down on them like a tonne of bricks when everything was safe. But hopefully, hopefully it wouldn't matter, but even Louis knew that was too much to ask for.

"The Aurors will be prepped for the whole thing, you have my word." Louis told the man in confirmation. Nothing was going to show the ministry in a bad light. Once the file was in hand, Louis opened it, flicking through some of the plans with interest, but not taking them in fully right now.

"I will read through these this evening, commit it to memory and burn it so that it doesn't get in the wrong hands." The Frenchman told the man across from him. It was how these things worked and Louis was more than used to it. Stubbing out his cigar in the ashtray on Mycroft's desk and then downing the rest of the alcohol he'd been given, Louis stood.

"Until our next meeting, Holmes." Louis told the man, inclining his head slightly in an act of respect before he turned and left the room. There was a lot to think about, but there was absolutely no way Louis was going to let anything bad happen. Not again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement)   Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement) Empty

Back to top Go down

Much Needed Discussion (Louis Clement)
Page 1 of 1