Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
David Shuter
Unsorted
David Shuter

Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement) Empty
PostSubject: Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement)   Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement) EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 2:08 pm

David was tired. Not physically, but mentally and emotionally. He knew Clement despised him, and he literally could not think why. He wanted to know why, and see if he could improve upon it. He wanted to live life as an auror, it was in his blood to protect, and an auror is the best job to do so. David knew he needed training, which is why he needed to be on good terms with the professor.

Before the battle, David would have thought it impossible, yet now that they had worked together to overcome one challenge, David was sure they could work together.

This was why David made his way to Louis's office and knocked on the door asked "Professor Clement, are you free to speak for a few moments?" He was polite about it, and not forceful at all. If the man said no, he would leave, and try again later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement)   Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement) EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 4:15 pm

Since the attack, Louis had been swamped in paperwork. After heading the attack it was his responsibility to write all the reports for the evening. Explain why there had been no civilian deaths to the board of governors. The reports were tedious at best and he had to account for everyone's actions and injuries. Thankfully, he wasn't writing bad reports on anyone.

Because Merlin he'd believed there would be a minimum of one liability.

"Professor Clement, are you free to speak for a few moments?"

"If you are here to ask stupid questions, Shuter, I suggest you keep walking." Louis replied gruffly, not looking up from his paperwork. "An Auror never has time, he multi tasks.  Don't waste my generosity." Louis told the boy, another lesson given for free, Louis would say in that moment. He wasn't purposefully being difficult, but nobody would learn through him being nice. This was the Auror department, there was no such thing as an easy life, nor a perfect Auror.

"Sit down, Shuter." Louis added, summoning a chair to the opposite side of the desk for the boy.
Back to top Go down
David Shuter
Unsorted
David Shuter

PostSubject: Re: Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement)   Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement) EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 9:50 pm

"If you are here to ask stupid questions, Shuter, I suggest you keep walking." David was baffled "Of course not sir I-" He was cut off by the man, who continued..

"An Auror never has time, he multi tasks.  Don't waste my generosity." David finally stepped in the office, stating with kindness..since he did not want to fight with the man "I only meant to be polite to my superior officer" He remembered on that spot why he disliked the man, but put it aside, anger would not serve him well here.

"Sit down, Shuter." the man said, and David did as he was told, sitting down on the chair that was summoned for him "Thank you" He said softly as he sat. He looked around before saying "I think we both misunderstand each others goals and thoughts when it comes to each other and our actions sir. I was hoping we could discuss them and getting a better understanding of each others motives." He knew this was a big risk, but he was willing to take it if it ended..or at least calmed..any hostilities between the two aurors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement)   Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement) EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:31 pm

The younger man stepped in to the room, trying to explain himself, but in true Clement fashion, Louis didn't give the boy time. Why? Because time was a luxury and only those who were worth his time had that luxury extended to them. Shuter was not one of those that Louis had the luxury for, but, he would see what the boy had to say. Why? Because if nothing else, it would amuse him.

"Your first assumption is wrong, Shuter." Louis told the boy the moment he began to speak. It was a mistake of youth when they pretended to understand the world around them, and quite frankly the boy in front of him was a million miles away from the truth of the situation. Still, Louis did not look up, still writing in his concise manner that he'd learnt over the years. "I am never mistaken in my view of people, because I do not create opinions quickly. I give people time to make an impression, and then I create an opinion. Opinions do not have to match in society, Shuter. This is where you are having a problem." Louis supplied to the boy, signing a piece of paper and folding it neatly for his post tray.

"But, please do enlighten me as to where you believe our differences are, and I will try my very best to point out where you are wrong, and where you can improve." He added, taking out another piece of parchment and beginning his second letter.
Back to top Go down
David Shuter
Unsorted
David Shuter

PostSubject: Re: Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement)   Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement) EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:28 pm

"I am never mistaken in my view of people, because I do not create opinions quickly. I give people time to make an impression, and then I create an opinion. Opinions do not have to match in society, Shuter. This is where you are having a problem." The older man said. David simply sighed "Some people take less time to make an impression. And I fear I have made the wrong one. You think I do not trust your word's or weight them before I act. Is that correct" He said slowly, weighing each word, not wanting to send the french man off. he then said in french "Pour ca, Je suis desole, monsieur Clement." He figured it would be best to apologize in the mans native language, to show he truly cared, and meant it.

"But, please do enlighten me as to where you believe our differences are, and I will try my very best to point out where you are wrong, and where you can improve." David sighed and said "For instance, during our class, you mistook my question answering as trying to gain favor with you or being brash or something along those lines. That was not true, I was trying to keep the class going, so we could learn more. You did not see anyone else volunteering to answer, did you?" There was no ounce of disrespect in his voice, he was just stating how he had saw things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement)   Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement) EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:46 pm

Louis listened to the younger male try in explain what he believed Louis thought, it seemed that Shuter was simply prone to mistakes. "Mr Shuter, let me tell you a secret." Louis started, laying down his quill because it seemed this boy was going to need a little more attention to understand what Louis may or may not feel. "I personally do not care what you do or do not think of me, or the organisation. I have a job, to take in the budding young Aurors, and to make them in to world renowned Aurors.

"I think, Mr Shuter, that you do not like discipline. Seeing as I am something of a disciplinarian, you're finding it hard to adjust. So, instead of it being you that is in the wrong, you have twisted that on to me being wrong. You don't have to argue, Mr Shuter, I was once similar to you and thought I knew how to run before I could walk." Louis explained patiently, because sometimes you really did have to exude patience with people in this job.

"Pour cela, je suis désolé, Monsieur Clement."

Louis cringed hearing the boy speak his beautiful language, it sounded so crass coming from the boy before him, and for a moment, Louis thought the boy to be taking the mick out of his country. Not a good idea. "We're in a British country, and Ministry, Mr Shuter, you'll do well to remember that." Louis told the boy stiffly. Only one person in this country was allowed to speak with him in French, and it most certainly was not going to be the young man before him.

The question on the class made Louis pause, waiting to see if there was more. it was rude, to be quite honest in Louis' opinion for a student to question a teacher's style of lecture. Louis was not impressed, but he would at least warrant an answer to the boy's question. "Shuter, whilst I would love to admire the idea that you want the class to progress, you were being selfish by giving all of the answers. You see, in stealing all the answers for yourself, you do not give other people a chance of an opinion. I need to see what everyone knows so that I can move the class together as one. Tell me, Shuter, how am I supposed to know that a class mate of yours is struggling if you do not give them the opportunity to speak?" Louis asked, raising an eyebrow slightly as he looked at the boy.

"How do I know that when I put names forward to do field work, that I am not putting someone in the room at great risk? But not only that, I could be putting you in a group with a liability. This is not a walk in the park, Shuter, everyone is here to learn. I have my teaching styles, and I would appreciate it if you learnt to accept them. You do not have to like me, as I'm sure you don't. I will not lose sleep over you hating me, I will assure you. I will lose sleep when I put someone incompetent in the field and lose the lives of people that didn't know any better. Do you understand?"

((OOC: Whilst I appreciate you respecting my writing by quoting to give answers, please don't copy and paste the majority of my post in to your own to make it longer. Also, when speaking French, you might wanna check the accents on the words! Thanks, Jake.))
Back to top Go down
David Shuter
Unsorted
David Shuter

PostSubject: Re: Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement)   Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement) EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 12:41 pm

(OOC: i was not doing it simply to make my posts longer, sorry if it seems that way. as for the accents.. I never learned on how to do the keyboard commands for them.. and I don't use google translate.)

David closed his eyes and simply nodded at the man's next words "So be it." He said, not knowing how else to really respond to that without starting a real argument. He could have retorted that his job included making observations and taking impressions to decide if said person really should be an auror, but he held his tongue.

When Clement accused him of not liking discipline, David wanted to fight back, but instead said "I guess i am used to calling my own shots, I agree. But unlike most people who think they can run before they walk, I know i can run. I have been in enough instances where i had to call my own shots, and I am still here talking to you now.. so they had to be okay shots, right?" he was alive know, and he had been in enough bad situations that he could be dead a few times over. Lugarmago.. his mothers death..

"We're in a British country, and Ministry, Mr Shuter, you'll do well to remember that."

David raised an eyebrow "I was trying to show respect sir. granted my french will sound bad you, since it is Canadian french. I have heard it isn't as close to French french as one might think" he was wondering why he came, this man seemed to be taking everything he was saying and twisting it.

David listened as Clement explained, David nodded "i understand, but i assure you, that was not my intentions. I waited a decent amount of time before answering, giving others a chance. As i said, in the intention of moving the class along. I was not trying to be selfish, I was trying to be selfless. I assure you, i was not going to answer every question you asked. Unlike Hogwart's there is nothing gained by answering questions. apparently, the only thing gained is disrespect." he decided then and there that next time, he would only answer questions when addressed personally. it was not worth the hassle.

David then sighed inwardly. This man would refuse to see the things he had already done, the trauma's he had been through, and assume him incompetent So he nodded "I understand. Is there anything else you wish to discuss, or shall I go now?"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement)   Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement) EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 1:23 pm

When David explained he had been calling his own shots, Louis shook his head at the boy. "Shuter, being in the Auror squad is about team work and self-sacrifice. Personal feelings are put to the side, personal beliefs on your own competence, or lack of, are put to the side. I don't think you're understanding this, Shuter. I don't know how to make you understand either. But the way you're going about the whole thing is essentially going to lead to your dismissal."

Louis had honestly had enough, more than enough with this boy.

"I was trying to show respect sir. granted my French will sound bad you, since it is Canadian French. I have heard it isn't as close to French French as one might think"

Rubbing his finger across his brow as a headache threatened, Louis looked away from the boy for a moment. "There is no difference between the languages, Shuter. I, however, find it deeply offensive that you bring my personal life to work. Do not do so again."

When the boy spoke of the questions, trying to be the one who was in the wrong, Louis just remained quiet, evidently this boy had not been taught a thing in his life, and Louis was not going to try, he'd wasted enough time already.

"Yes, you can go, Shuter. But be mindful of what you do. I always get information when I need it." The Frenchman replied, turning his attention back to his work and showing that this conversation was over.
Back to top Go down
David Shuter
Unsorted
David Shuter

PostSubject: Re: Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement)   Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement) EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 10:59 am

David nodded "I do understand, Salem taught me that. That is not the point, the point is I am not just some green boy fresh from school. I know there are people who have been through similar events, and some the very same. I have experience, and I would appreciate it if you realized that." That was basically one of the only reasons he had come, to hopefully make Clement realize that His ideas in the field and at school could be trusted..or at least considered.

When David was allowed to leave, he took his leave, wondering if he had even done any good in the whole meeting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement)   Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement) Empty

Back to top Go down

Lets try for an Understanding (Louis Clement)
Page 1 of 1