Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) Empty
PostSubject: Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)   Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 7:25 pm

Azalea watched the team as they crowded around their first clue, a pristine roll of parchment that contained a single riddle. From here onwords, they were going to have to work together to finish their treasure hunt and the witch hoped that more than putting them through their paces, it would teach them the benefit of teamwork and uniting for a single cause.

I may be a plant but I have no roots or branches,
You can however find me on the same side of every tree.
I may not be edible or even particularly attractive,
But travelers lost are always glad for a sight of me.

"Alright guys," the American witch called out. "Your time starts... NOW!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)   Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 9:37 pm

After instructions had been given, Janique watched with interest as the vines pointed them in the right direction, wondering how the older witch was doing the magic without the use of a wand. She knew it was possible to perform wandless magic, but she was still intrigued by the level at which it was playing our in front of her.

Moving towards her team's clue, she read it and rolled her eyes. Riddles was child's play, and not something she enjoyed; they were far too easy and didn't offer her any challenge at all, and so she found them boring. Still, she wanted to win, and, running through the words in her mind, she thought for a few moments. "Moss," she said, looking around for a place it could be.

"Come on," she instructed, team work not being her forte. She much preferred working alone, but if she was stuck with three other people, she might as well just go with it, for the sake of winning. She began towards a set of trees nearby, searching them for a patch of moss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)   Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 1:53 am

Victoria was right next to Janique as their first clue was unrolled, standing up on tiptoes to see over the witch's shoulder. It only took a few moments for the witch to read it and right as Janique's lips moved, Victoria's were moving too. "Moss!" The witch exclaimed in time with Janique, grinning as they both moved off. Jax and Diem would be in hot pursuit, Victoria was sure of that as she ran with the Nightshade.

"Look on the North side of the trees!" Victoria insisted, pointing in the direction of North. It took the Wormwood only a few moments to locate moss, and another moment to see the parchment just out of reach. "Jax, can you lift me up?" Victoria asked, looking to the boy, she was likely the lightest, being the smallest, and Jax would most definitely be the strongest in this moment.

"Actually!" The witch added, shaking her head and drawing her wand. "Accio Clue!" The witch spoke clearly, watching the clue zoom straight in to her hands. Maybe next time he could lift her, but she'd learnt from him a few weeks before how to do this spell.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)   Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:14 am

It wasn't that Jackson was opposed to teamwork, the bro code was worth respecting as was the code of who finished the last bottle. But as the girls began running, solving the riddle before he'd as much as had a chance to look at it, it was pretty clear the idea of teamwork was wasted on them.

It was nice though, that Miss Azalea still tried. Someone had to root for lost causes and Jackson couldn't think of a better person to do that than his head of house.

"C'mon Diem," the boy ushered quietly, catching up with Janique and the princess who already had another envelope in her hand.

"I don't leave my friends behind."
Back to top Go down
Diem Malik
Graduate
Graduate
Diem Malik

PostSubject: Re: Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)   Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:38 pm

Diem placed her pink flower in her hair and joined her group, she was glad that Jax was there because she felt like her normal self around him, he was a great friend. When she read the parchment she was so focused on the words that she didn't pay attention to her group leaving, that was until Jax spoke. "Coming!" Diem felt embarrassed but she caught up with her group, she wasn't surprised they already knew the answer while the answer just hit her not that long ago.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)   Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 6:31 pm

Clue #2

I lurk in shadows, shunning daylight,
And I give some people quite the scare,
But if you know the key to calm my nerves,
I wouldn't seem as much of a snare.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)   Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 12:13 am

As the clue came in to Victoria's hand, she read it out so the whole group could hear the clue at once. Looking up from the clue the witch frowned momentarily before it hit her. "Devil's Snare!" She exclaimed in answer, before frowning.

"Does anyone know if Professor Harrington still has the specimen here? Or do you think it's in the forest?" She asked, looking between her teammates for ideas.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)   Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 1:11 am

"Does anyone know if Professor Harrington still has the specimen here? Or do you think it's in the forest?"

As the princess read out the clue and gave the answer, Jackson tried to think of where there might be Devil's Snare. He was almost certain that if there were any in the greenhouse, they would be well hidden due to all the light the place had when he was passing by earlier. No, they were looking for somewhere dark and dank naturally.

"We might have to go too deep into the Night Forest to find it," the boy ventured. "But I think i know some mud pits around the crystal lake if no one minds getting dirty?" He had always known his late night roaming was conducive to academia, just not so directly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)   Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 12:32 am

"We might have to go too deep into the Night Forest to find it,"

Victoria nodded at this information, looking off in to the darkness of the Night Forest. She wasn't scared, per se, but the Night Forest did have many different dangers and they would have to go extremely careful. Though Victoria refused to let her team down, so if delving in to the depths of the Night Forest was a must, she was in.

"But I think i know some mud pits around the crystal lake if no one minds getting dirty?"

"I don't mind!" Victoria replied happily, waving Jax to show them where they were going. Getting dirty had never bothered Victoria, in fact, it was fun. They might even see some of the fishes in the lake if they were lucky!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)   Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 10:06 am

The second clue was no harder than the first - in fact, Janique need only read it once to figure out the answer. Rolling her eyes, she let Victoria offer the solution, knowing that 'team work' was apparently part of their grades. At the question, she was about to suggest they go into the Night Forest, but Jax had beaten her.

"But I think i know some mud pits around the crystal lake if no one minds getting dirty?"

"Of course not," she scoffed, just as Victoria said the same thing, except in more polite terms - and a happier tone. Jani raised her eyebrows surreptitiously, half surprised. She had figured that the Wormwood would hate having to dig around in mud and get her precious self all dirty. Maybe she wasn't too bad, not that Jani would ever admit that.

Nodding towards Jackson, she smiled. "That way, then," she said, taking off in the direction of the lake without waiting for him to take the lead. She knew exactly where he was referring to, and she just wanted to get this whole ordeal over with so she could get back to her dorm.
Back to top Go down
Diem Malik
Graduate
Graduate
Diem Malik

PostSubject: Re: Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)   Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 2:29 pm

When they got to the next clue, she wasn't surprised with it being Devil's Snare. She listened to Jax as he talked about the mud and Diem knew that eventually she'd have to get dirty, so why not now? "To the mud we go" she began walking to where Jax had suggested. The brunette on her way there threw her hair up into a high ponytail with the hair tie she keeps on her wrist, she didn't want mud in her hair... not again.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)   Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:07 pm

When everyone seemed to be in agreement that getting dirty was not a factor, something Jackson found remarkable since the team consisted of three girls, the group set out toward the lake and the promised mud pits. It didn't take long to locate the designated area, it was the darkest, most shaded part of the lake shore, but jackson knew the snare grew underground where no light permeated.

"Okay, so lets see if we can find ourselves a clue," the boy encouraged, being the first to vault into the mud pit. He had a vague idea that they wouldn't have to dig too deep underground, and their presence and probing alone would alert the snares to recede further away from all the noise.

It took some hunting on everyone's part but finally, as the weight of the ground between them shifted, causing Jackson to stumble and signal the snare retreating beneath their feet, the boy found the muddy envelope. Picking it up, he waited until everyone was gathered around to open it so they could all read at once.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)   Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:18 pm

#Clue 3

Vain are those who love a reflection,
Foolish those who trust in mirrors,
All I need to see my beauty,
Is the sun so I follow it hither.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)   Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 7:21 am

Victoria had followed Jax closely, jumping in to the mud without hesitation right behind the Nightshade. Getting dirty had never bothered the witch, having grown up relatively adventurous with Jake, and it proved as much now as she waded through the mud. However, it wasn't the Wormwood who found the clue this time, no, Jax found it and the youngest member of the team was beaming at him.

As the quartet read the clue, Victoria looked up for a moment, pausing to try to work out what the answer was. It was a little more difficult than the first clues but slowly, Victoria worked it around. "Sunflower?" She stated, looking around her group for more ideas. She wasn't completely sure this time, but she was happy enough with the answer to propose it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)   Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 7:58 am

She watched as Jax dug through the mud, she considered following him into the pits, but he emerged with the clue just as she was taking the step forward. The clue was harder than the rest, but it wasn't too hard - as expected - and she knew the answer a few moments after reading it.

"Sunflower?"

The answer had been, once again, provided by the Wormwood, and Jani nodded at her. "Yes, I think so," she said, turning and looking towards the greenhouses. "Come on, guys," she instructed, starting in that direction.
Back to top Go down
Diem Malik
Graduate
Graduate
Diem Malik

PostSubject: Re: Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)   Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:37 pm

When they reached the next clue, Victoria provided the answer. The Nightshade had to admit the young girl was pretty smart and would make it deep into life. The brunette wasn't really sure where to find sunflowers but she was going to follow her teammates. "Hopefully we don't get lost" the Nightshade mumbled under her breath.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)   Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 10:02 pm

With the third clue solved, the team made their way to the greenhouse on Janique's suggestion, locating the sunflowers that were supposed to be their next stop. Jackson had to admit the third step wasn't as hard as the second and while they were still muddy from digging around above the snare pits, they still made a reasonably impressive bunch as they bounded into the groundhouse, spotting the bright yellow flowers to the corner straight away.

"Gotcha," the boy called put, reaching out for a rolled up bit of parchment that wasn't as hidden as he thought it would be. It simply lay nestled among the flowers as if recently placed there.

Once again, the Nightshade waited for the girls to gather around him before unrolling the scroll. A grin spread across his face as he read the message inside along with everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)   Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 11:25 pm

Congratulations, you are the first team to have finished the hunt!

As a reward for excellent teamwork and problem solving skills, you will all receive forty house points each, thirty for completing the hunt and ten additional for being the first to do so. You are also exempted from all Herbology homework for the remainder of the year.

Please find enclosed coupons to a free meal at the Magical McDonalds for each one of you.

And always remember, two heads are better than one

~Azalea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)   Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson) Empty

Back to top Go down

Team Pink (Victoria, Janique, Diem, Jackson)
Page 1 of 1