Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!) Empty
PostSubject: The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)   The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!) EmptyWed May 14, 2014 4:30 am

Thana went to the library on a Friday night, she wanted to do some reading. She was tucked away in her favourite corner,  reading a book in Latin. When she saw a Slytherin girl she recognized, the girl clearly had a lot of homework. Thana felt sorry for her, she knew that not everyone was bored at school. She watched the girl drop some books that she had stacked high, Thana jumped up and caught them. "Here " she said, handing them back. "Lots of homework?" she asked. Feeling sorry for the poor girl.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)   The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!) EmptyWed May 14, 2014 4:37 am

"Oh Bugger." Perhaps twelve books had been a bit much, she went to put the ones she still held on a desk and pick the others up but it seemed a helpful Ravenclaw had gotten there first. "Thank you. Yeah I may have asked for some of it in advance so I can get it all done. Needed to make time for Quidditch practice." And sleep but no one really needed to know about that.
"Sorry I didn't mean to interrupt your studies. I didn't expect to find anyone here on a Friday night." She put the books down on the nearest desk and sat down, rubbing her shoulder before pulling out reams of parchment and a few quills. She spent a little more time looking for ink but found two bottles at the bottom of her satchel. "If I get this all done I can sleep in a little tomorrow and focus on other things for the next few weeks."
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)   The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!) EmptyWed May 14, 2014 5:22 am

Thana just smiled as she was apologized to. "Oh your on the Quidditch Team?" Thana asked, that was interesting. "Nah don't worry about it, I was only reading. I have all of my homework done" She blurted out, then she realized that not many people. Well only Josh, he was the only one that could compete. "What classes do you have homework in?" Thana asked.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)   The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!) EmptyWed May 14, 2014 5:33 am

"Yup, seeker." She answered then looked up, she knew Ravenclaws lived for knowledge and homework but this was a new extreme. She just smiled though and looked at all the books. "All of them I think..I need to catch up in Care of magical creatures, I refused to go while they were still working on dragons." She grumbled, looking at the book of beasts to her left. "Potions I can finish in a matter of minutes, and charms and defence are covering the same spell so I can do them both at the same time." She rationalised, organising how she planned to tackle the mountain of work.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)   The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!) EmptyWed May 14, 2014 5:46 am

Thana looked at the girl, liking her already. "Well I am going to be a beater....Hopefully" she said, then nodded at the list of homework, "Well did you need a hand with Care of Magical Creatures?" She asked. "I can give you a hand if you want" she offered. She knew how hard school could be, for her it wasn't with Academics, but with people. "You know, its funny. Most Slytherins don't like me because I am a Ravenclaw" she said to the girl. "Oh I'm Thana by the way, I just moved here at the end of last year" she explained.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)   The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!) EmptyWed May 14, 2014 5:55 am

"Sounds good." Lou smiled, always enjoying some quidditch talk but not too much of it. "If you really don't mind, I really could use the help. Why we need to learn about dragons is beyond me, I don't mind naming the useful parts for potions but I don't' care what the difference between a fireball and a green are, I'm not going to stick around long enough to ask it." She flicked through the book to the right page and frowned at it, looking up again when the girl introduced herself. "Louise Grey, don't take it personally but most Slytherins hate everyone. Most anyway, me I just think I was sorted to the wrong place. They aren't so bad when they're on their own."
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)   The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!) EmptyWed May 14, 2014 6:09 am

"Oh I don't mind, my family......" Thana started but didn't finish. It was difficult to talk about her family. "My whole family was in Slytherin....until me" she said, before quickly changing the topic. "Alright so what did you need to know about dragons?" Thana asked, quickly getting comfortable. "Well you don't have the right books for Dragons, hang on gimme a sec" she said, quickly jumping up and using her photographic memory to find the book she had read around two weeks ago. "Ah here we are!" she said, going straight to it. She took the book back, and flopped elegantly down next to Louise. "Try this, it is rather helpful, and if you want I have a book in my dorm I can get you tomorrow" she offered. It would help the poor girl a lot, Dragons were difficult at the best of times.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)   The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!) EmptyWed May 14, 2014 6:40 am

She wasn't expecting that exactly and just watched the girl traverse the library with expert navigation. "Thanks. Uhm I just need to write about identification methods, features, footprints, eggshells all that stuff." She closed up the old book which merely listed potion ingredients and the uses of dragon blood to look at the new one. "Much better, it has a chart." She smiled and began writing her essay and occasionally sketching a footprint or horn between paragraphs.
"So..you only came here last year?" She asked, not looking up from her work.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)   The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!) EmptyWed May 14, 2014 6:46 am

"Yeah only last year....Transfer student" Thana explained. It was pretty close to the truth. "I was aahh..Home-schooled" She said. "That book will make it much easier, theres an index at the back of it too, in case you have any further questions" Thana said. "And of course I will be here for quite a while, I can offer you some help" She explained. She started reading her book again, it was in Latin. It fascinated her, the language. It was an olde language that lasted.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)   The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!) EmptyWed May 14, 2014 6:56 am

Lou said no more and just nodded, she hadn't really spoken about the Quidditch disaster to many people, she didn't want to bring it up just now either, but she liked this ravenclaw, Thana. She worked quietly for a while, ploughing through the books and parchment. Sometime after the three hour mark her hand cramped up and she had to give it a rest before going on with her Defence theory essay. "I think I'll be glad when all this is done, I hope I don't cramp up again tomorrow. The last thing I want is to be kicked off the team."
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)   The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 2:31 am

Thana just smiled at the words of cramping. "You'll be fine" she said to her. "Well its done now, so that's that. If you need anymore help let me know, I'll be here for quite a while" she repeated. "I'll also get you that book tomorrow" she said. "Are there any other subjects you would like a hand in?" she offered, putting her book down. She had read it several times over already while watching for Louise, but didn't want to make herself appear too nerdy. She had the ability to speed read, and retain everything she read. She was just geeky, it came in handy but also made normal people difficult to approach.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)   The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:21 am

"I think I've just got Transfiguration left. Two scrolls on Animagus transformation, how it can go wrong and why it's so difficult to become one." Louise checked her homework planner and smiled. "Then that frees me from homework for the next week or two." She settled back giving her hand a moment to loosen up a bit before she'd attempt the essay "Thanks for your help by the way..." She looked into her bag then back at Thana. "tell me do you like chocolates much?"
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)   The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 4:03 am

Thana shook her head at the offer of chocolate. "No thanks, Diabetic" she explained. "Well..Oh hang on! Give me about five minutes!" Thana said, jumping up and running off. She ran to her room, grabbed a few books then came back. "Here" she said sitting back down and handing her some books. "I forgot that I had these, I put some notes in it as well, not on the book though! Just in it.!" she explained handing over two books. "These are the on the Animagus Transfiguration, I bought them before school started. " She told Louise. "Oh and I got these as well" she said. Handing over some books in classes Thana knew Louise had. "These you can use for future reference, keep them for a while" Thana told her. All of the books were her own, she had bought them so she knew what was going to be taught. She had written notes and diagrams not only for herself, but in case others needed help. Just like Louise.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)   The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 4:22 am

That was a shame, oh well. Without much hesitation the girl was off again and Louise wondered how Thana never got dizzy. "Thank you. Are you sure? I wouldn't like to keep them from you if they're your personal books." She asked, then looked down and read through the notes, feeling inspired she began writing again, but took her time so it was at least neat and to make sure she didn't get cramp in her hand again. She made sure not to smudge any ink anywhere as she steamrollered through the essay, using the notes Thana had provided. "These are incredible. I wouldn't have thought of it like this."
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)   The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 4:31 am

"Nah, they don't mean anything to me" Thana said. "They are only subjects, if it was a favourite book it might be different. But school subjects are all yours!" Thana got comfortable yet again. "Now as for your cramping, try writing with your Pinky finger out, it stops cramping and makes it easier to write as well" She explained. "If you need any other books let me know, we have almost all the same classes, except for a few extra's I am taking. But I literally have my own library !" She joked. Thana was always running around, so the only time she got Dizzy was when she apparated.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)   The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 7:44 am

Louise smiled even wider and made sure to treat the books very carefully. "I'll have them back to you by Monday.. meet back here after dinner? I wouldn't mind hearing what you think about Animagi." She offered, she really hoped the Ravenclaw would agree, she'd barely made friends with many people at school, there was Joe but usually one or both of them were in trouble when they met, not that she discounted him for that, he was he favourite Hufflepuff. Well now she had a favourite Ravenclaw, she liked that thought. "Thanks for all your help, it's very appreciated."
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)   The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!) EmptyFri May 16, 2014 7:12 am

Thana nodded at the idea of meeting up after dinner, Thana wasn't going to eat anyway. She had every intention of staying in the library until well into the night. "Sure" she told who she considered a new friend. "No problem, I don't mind helping a friend in need" she told Louise. Thana liked Louise already, and that was coming from a severe introvert. "The Ravenclaw and the Slytherin" she thought to herself, then she grabbed another book and started reading again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)   The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!) Empty

Back to top Go down

The library helper. (Louise and anyone that needs help!)
Page 1 of 1