Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) Empty
PostSubject: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptyMon May 26, 2014 10:13 am

The twenty-fifth of November had rolled in, and Josh felt no different than the day before. Except for the growing pile of presents the idiots from home couldn't decipher as unimportant that now cluttered his bedroom. The Slytherin Prefect had abandoned all hope of being left alone now, and sat in the Common Room, mulling over the flames from his arm chair.

The intricate details of his next move in regards to Joe Astrid and his new fancy were mulling over in Josh's head. The first witch he'd dated had been far too suspicious of his actions, and she'd had to be terminated, it was only a matter of time before that action could be necessary with the Gryffindor...

The Slytherin's eyes grew darker as a trio of girls entered the common, giggling before one of them was brave enough to hurry over and present him with three cards before running away. The nervous laughter echoed all the way to the girls dormitories, and Josh discared the envelopes on to the table beside him without so much as looking up.

Today simply was not getting any better.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptyMon May 26, 2014 10:21 am

Since Louise had found out when her fiance's birthday was she'd been planning to do something special, small but special none the less. She was sitting in the kitchens and waited for a word from one of the elves before she set her plan into motion, she sent the elves ahead to chase the remaining students out of the common room, having given the house elves some Weasley sweets so they would roar or squeak or hiss at the students. She promised to let the elves keep some left over sweets so they could play pranks on each other.

Once the common room was clear bar the birthday boy she made her way through the floo with a box in one hand and a small basket in the other. She grinned seeing Josh in his favorite chair. "Happy birthday." She placed the box on Josh's lap and the basket beside him. "I know you hate attention so I'll just leave these here, on one condition." She offered with a sly smirk. "You blow out the candles. Or you can let me kiss your cheek and I'll bugger off so you can have your cake in peace." She doubted he'd like either but really she had to ask.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptyMon May 26, 2014 10:34 am

As the flames turned green in the fire, Josh frowned for a moment, he'd barely noticed everyone leave due to his own brooding. But the flames caught his attention as they changed from orange to green. The reason for the change came in the shape of Louise, and Josh noted the box and basket before she could even speak and groaned mentally.

"Happy birthday."

Josh's eyes met hers, cold and unappreciative of the attention of his birthday. Birthdays had grown cumbersome around the age of four, and now he was still being subjected to the pleasantries. As the box was placed in his lap, Josh gently prized the lid open, taking in the polar bear cake with candles that lit up on top.

"You blow out the candles. Or you can let me kiss your cheek and I'll bugger off so you can have your cake in peace."

"You know you don't have to make a fuss, or bake for me, right Grey?" Josh asked, watching the fire on the candles more than anything. His mother and father never made a fuss, never being there for his birthdays, only leaving the presents to be opened as they hurried out the door for work. Leaving the house staff to entertain him for the day. "Why are there even candles? I mean, I'm just going to blow them out... It's silly." Josh told the witch shaking his head and doing exactly that.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptyMon May 26, 2014 10:43 am

Ignoring his sour mood Louise continued to smile at him. "Of course I didn't have to, that's entirely besides the point. I wanted to make it for you, I spent all week practicing so i could get the icing right, the house elves helped so much." she cleared her throat and smiled again seeing him blow the candle out. "Well I'll leave you to it then, there's a few sweets in the basket and your favorite sandwiches. There's a new broom repair kit too. I'll just uh let you have some time to yourself. I don't think anyone will be coming back in here after the rampaging house elf scare." She did just that and headed to the stairs, she hoped he'd ask her to stay but she wasn't holding her breath for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptyMon May 26, 2014 10:53 am

As Louise explained that it had taken her a week to perfect the icing of the cake, Josh looked down at the end result in front of him. It wasn't a sense of duty that made her do these things, but a simple want. Josh understood the difference, and realised what the younger Slytherin was inferring in that statement.

Which didn't help.

There was an explanation as to what was in the basket, sweets, sandwiches, Quidditch things, but Josh's attention stayed on the detail of the cake, still trying to digest the information the witch had given him. And it was making sure to hit everything on the way down to make it a long process.

Footsteps touched the prefects ears before he realised what she'd said, making the boy snap out of his thoughts, though his eyes remained on the cake. "Grey, you don't have to go." Josh told her, his voice low but carrying across the room. "Come here." He added, his hands moving to take the candles from his cake. "You need to serve the cake." He attempted, his eyes leaving the cake for the first time to look at Louise.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptyMon May 26, 2014 11:02 am

It took all of the restraint the girl had to not do a happy dance back to Josh, her smile was still in place though. "Of course how thoughtless of me." She took the cake and flattened the box around it and transfigured a napkin into a plastic knife so she could cut the cake, handing him a generous slice of it, the red velvet cake showed inside, perfectly moist and spongy.
She made a smaller slice for herself and sat in the chair opposite him after giving him his slice. She opened her mouth as if going to speak but closed it again as she nibbled at her slice. No sense pushing her luck, it was his birthday so she would do her best not to spoil it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptyMon May 26, 2014 11:09 am

"Of course how thoughtless of me."

The tone of Louise's voice could not have been any less remorseful if she'd tried. Josh realised a moment later that this had been what she'd wanted and subtly shook his head at her antics. Once the cake was out of his lap, Josh sat back, watching her cut the cake before she handed him a plate with his slice of cake on.

Minus a pudding fork.

The Murray heir pushed the thought away resembling something like eating like a commoner and gently lifted the cake to his lips. The taste was more than he'd thought Louise would be able to achieve, just the right consistency, but Josh made no comment on the cake, simply polishing the plate off, crumbs and all. Putting the plate on the side, Josh brought his napkin to his lips, before discarding the too.

"You should add cakes to your... business pursuit." Josh commented, the closest thing to a compliment the witch was going to get as his eyes returned to the fire. Back to the thoughts that mattered more than his birthday.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptyMon May 26, 2014 12:52 pm

Making sure Josh had no complaints about the cake before she took a bite then having to smile at her own work. It tasted good, she hoped Josh liked it too. She finished her piece and also cleaned up with a napkin, just like she'd been taught, and smiled when he said she should add it to her list of treats. "Really?" Well that was perhaps all the compliment she'd get but it was more than she'd been hoping for. "Perhaps I should, but I think I'll just make them to order rather than making loads at once." She shut up after that, remembering her promise to not talk Josh's ear off today. "I'm glad you liked it."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptyMon May 26, 2014 1:43 pm

"Perhaps I should, but I think I'll just make them to order rather than making loads at once."

"Would be better." Josh mumbled in reply. The pureblood didn't know anything about cooking, but he did know if he left his cake for too long it went horrible. Suffice to say, Josh was under the inclination that made to order would mean they tasted nicer. But, he wouldn't put too many of his houses on it.

"I'm glad you liked it."

Looking to the witch who was still smiling brightly, Josh wondered how she kept such an upbeat mannerism. She always seemed to be smiling, it was weird. "There are polar bears in here, right Grey?" Josh asked, pointing to the basket as he leant up to have a look at the assortment of sweets. Normally, the boy wasn't one for sweets, his mother was to blame for that, but the chocolate polar bears Louise made had become something he was quite partial to.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptyMon May 26, 2014 2:32 pm

"Naturally. I suppose I should thank you for the idea, since it was your complaining about the muggle ones in your ice cream put me onto the idea. Perhaps I should just call them Joshy bears?" She asked with a wicked grin. "I put some of my newer creations in there too, if you don't like them that's fine I'll just remember not to add them next time." She stretched and relaxed into th armchair, looking over at the crackling fireplace. "How has your day been?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptyTue May 27, 2014 12:10 am

At the mention of calling the polar bears 'Joshy bears', Josh looked to the witch his eyes boring in to her. "I wouldn't recommend it, Grey." Josh warned, shaking his head at the idea. Honestly, she was beginning to push her luck.

At the mention of newer sweets, Josh took them in and then gave a small nod of acknowledgement. If he didn't like them, he could always feed them to the owls to see what happened.

"How has your day been?"

No answer came to the question, Josh's eyes moving back to the fire. He didn't like small talk, it was pointless and got you no where. Instead, Josh raised his hand, beckoning her over to him. If she had to be here, she might as well learn what he wanted to do, rather than this mindless chatter.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptyWed May 28, 2014 6:56 am

Ok so that was not a good idea, she looked away again and kept her mouth shut. Movement caught her eye seeing him call her over. She wasn't sure what he wanted but she went over anyway, and since there wasn't a seat next to him she slid sideways onto his lap, keeping her hands in her own, leaning her head against his shoulder. Her cheeks were flaring red and she kept her eyes down. Louise was desperately trying not to squeal with joy right now, it did feel nice though, not quite a cuddle but it was nice none the less.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptyWed May 28, 2014 1:02 pm

As Louise moved closer to him, and then sat in his lap, Josh frowned slightly. He'd asked her to come over, not to sit in his lap. This was perhaps the downfall of this child, she didn't understand the difference.

Then there was the flushed cheeks which made Josh roll his eyes.

"Grey, your cheeks are giving you away." Josh told her in no more than a whisper. There was a flicker of amusement in his voice, but only a flicker. "Which reminds me. You need to learn to kiss, Grey. Kissing an inanimate is rather unfulfilling." Josh explained, waiting for her eyes to lift from Merlin only knew what she was looking at.

There were, after all, only so many things Lady Sheridan could teach her.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:29 am

"Grey, your cheeks are giving you away." That only made the blushing worse, and the next statement pretty much had the blush spread everywhere. "Yes well shock tends to have an in-animating effect on me." Come on Grey grow a spine, she thought to herself, then looked up at him and smiled. "Were you offering to teach me then?" She asked, knowing she'd either regret that in a few minutes or be ridiculously hyperactive the next moment she was completely alone. You just never knew with Josh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptySat May 31, 2014 2:35 am

"Yes well shock tends to have an in-animating effect on me."

Josh smirked at her words reaching to his basket of sweets and extracting one of the polar bears. The nose was red which made the Slytherin's lips tweak upwards slightly, but only slightly before he placed the chocolate in his mouth and devoured it. There was no offer to Louise, she could get her own if she wanted some.

"Were you offering to teach me then?"

"Was there another boy offering his services, Grey?" Josh asked, his eyes moving to hers, showing the coldness with which he liked the idea. Louise Grey was his, and no-one else's to play with. If there was... Josh would know and the boy would meet a sticky end for thinking Josh shared. The prefect sat silently, watching the witch for a moment as he tried to work out her words, but nothing came.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptySat May 31, 2014 6:33 am

Louise just smiled seeing Josh enjoying his gift of sweets, not really in the mood for them herself, besides she'd made them for him so she wouldn't mind him not sharing, she had plenty stashed in Honeyduke's cellar.

"Not that I know of, besides I'm not all that interested in anyone else I've been too busy to notice them." She answered. "Call me crazy but I think I'd trust you to show me more than anyone else. However I won't take lessons for nothing so If you're teaching me to kiss I'm teaching you how to hug." She grinned, half being cheeky and teasing, but if he agreed she'd happily hug him more often.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptySat May 31, 2014 6:43 am

"Not that I know of, besides I'm not all that interested in anyone else I've been too busy to notice them."

Josh still wasn't sure at her words, noting to make sure nobody else was trying to play with his little birdy. She had his ring on, they shouldn't be playing around. But, if they were, well that was just more fun for him to deliver to the helpless beings.

"Call me crazy but I think I'd trust you to show me more than anyone else. However I won't take lessons for nothing so If you're teaching me to kiss I'm teaching you how to hug."

Josh frowned slightly at her words of trust. Since when did kissing people have anything to do with trust? Josh had kissed many people, but he didn't trust any of them. In fact, he trusted no one, so Louise's point was completely flawed. "I'm not hugging, Grey." Josh told her seriously. There was simply no way he could condone such things, especially not in public, having her in his lap was enough.

Before the witch could try to come up with a retort though, Josh leant down and pressed his lips to hers. Kissing was about the only way he was going to get her to shut up. It was a small sacrifice in the grand scheme of things. The kiss was only light, capturing Louise's lips fully, but only just making contact. Enough to leave her heady for a moment, hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 10:21 am

"I'm not hugging, Grey."

She figured as much but it wouldn't stop her trying, not at all. She was going to tell him as much but there appeared to be another set of lips in the way. Well ever the eager learner the girl's right hand came up and at first hesitated but eventually rested on Josh's shoulder, she pressed back into the kiss, closing her eyes to better get a feel for it. Her head felt like it wanted to spin right off her shoulders but if it did that she wouldn't be able to kiss now would she? She tried not to giggle at that image and settled for smiling as she kissed her fiance. It still felt weird to call him that, the word sounded so alien in her head.

When the need for air overrode everything else Louise pulled back and looked at Josh's face, seeming puzzled but not unhappy. "Think I need more practice?" She asked, trying to not grin like an idiot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 11:20 am

As the younger witch pressed back against him, her lips turning in to a smile for whatever reason, Josh merely held it for a length of time appropriate to the moment before Louise pulled away, evidently incapable of breathing whilst kissing him.

"Think I need more practice?"

"Move your lips a little." Josh murmured, leaning in and claiming her lips once more. She wasn't the worst kiss he'd ever had, but there was most definitely ample room for improvement in the witch. Pressing the witch back slightly, the older Slytherin ran his tongue across her lower lip, pulling away slightly in a sealed kiss.

A smirk touched Josh's lips a moment later, leaning back in his chair. "But you'll have to wait for more." He added, closing his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 7:50 am

The girl just grinned and eagerly put the lesson into practice, not too much but trying to mimic how Josh was moving. Something clicked into place, she wouldn't let him completely have control but it was so quick this time and then he dared to tease her. She didn't quite have the heart to hold a grudge though. "Alright I'll wait." She kissed his cheek instead then slid off his lap. "Night Josh, and Happy birthday." She picked up her bag and ruffled his hair a bit before leaving for the girl's dorms, almost skipping up the steps once she was out of sight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 11:39 am

"Night Josh, and Happy birthday."

"Good night, Grey." Josh replied, not bothering to open his eyes as she departed, the Slytherin was already a million miles away in his many alleys of thought that entertained his mind. The ruffling of his hair brought no outward reaction from the boy.

It was only as the room fell silent, and Josh thought he could finally get some peace when a strange stirring in his chest made itself known. Some warm kind of feeling that he could not place as he opened his eyes. It subsided a little, though not much, about ten minutes later, leaving the Slytherin sat glowering in to the fire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)   Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise) Empty

Back to top Go down

Seventeen Ain't So Sweet (Josh & Louise)
Page 1 of 1