Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)  Empty
PostSubject: Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)    Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)  EmptyMon May 12, 2014 1:54 pm

Lady Eleanor

I apologise for taking this long to respond to your letters, thank you for taking the time to write them. I gave your gifts to Joshua, but I'm not sure if he has enjoyed them as much as I have. I hope all is well for you, I assure you I'm trying hard to keep on top of my studies and enjoying school very much. As a thank you I've sent along a sample box of customized chocolates I commissioned from Honeydukes, your son enjoys them very much and I though you may like some too. The peanut butter ones are on trial and if you find the time I would enjoy hearing feedback on them. I understand if you are busy and I'll find some willing first years to do a group test.

Wishing you well,
Louise Grey.

Looking over the letter Louise bit her lip, unsure of herself, had she missed anything? It seemed awfully short to her, and after the pages of neat script she hoped it didn't seem too informal. With a sigh she rolled up the parchment and headed up to the owlry to send it. She'd gone through five pages to get to this and as it was her neatest copy she really didn't have time to start again. She gave the owl the small parcel and watched him take off.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)    Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)  EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:43 am

Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)  Portia-Better-Off-Ted
Eleanor Rose Murray

Louise Jane,

Regardless of the late reply, I shall thank you for reciprocating. It is more than Joshua does so your note was a somewhat pleasant surprise.

I am surprised though that Vanessa has failed to stress the importance of readable penmanship upon her cherished ward. No matter, I shall have a word with her to increase your calligraphy lessons.

It is good to hear you're doing well in school. Your monthly reports are satisfactory. I've forwarded a copy to Joshua's father in case he ever wishes to take an interest in his only child's life. It hasn't come to pass yet but hope springs eternal.

I thank you for the miniature mammal shaped things you sent but regret to inform you that I do not indulge in chocolate, or sweets in general. However, I do approve of your desire of a focus group and so sent forth the sweets to the children's ward at St. Mungo's. The response, I am told, is generally positive.

I still recommend another test as more experiments to verify the result of your research is always better.

Regards
Eleanor Rose Murray

E Murray
________
Director
Dylis Derwent Centre for Post Mortem Investigation
St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries

PS: If you would be so kind as to write now and then to inform me how joshua is getting on in school, I would appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)    Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)  EmptyThu May 15, 2014 4:18 am

After receiving her latest letter from lady Eleanor she also received a booklet from Miss Sheridan to aid her improving writing. It seemed to be working, she was getting fewer comments on handwriting on her essays now so she felt a bit happier replying to her soon to be mother in law.

Lady Eleanor

I am hoping that my writing has improved since my last letter, Miss Sheridan has sent a handful of worksheets to aid my progress, I've received some positive feedback from more of my essays now. I should thank you for asking Miss Sheridan about that.

In regards to the confectionery I sent, I'm glad they were received well from the children and I'd be happy to send regular sample boxes for them, I know I'd be glad of the treats if I were ill. I was not aware of your preferences so I apologise for not knowing, I'll be setting up a group test this weekend for some new ideas in Honeydukes. I will let you know the results as soon as I can.

Joshua is doing well in all the classes we share, but seems as though he could use more of a challenge, he's very intelligent and it wouldn't surprise me if he could pass his newts this year. We think we may have improved a potion this year, and are just waiting to receive the grade for it, which I will send a copy of for you if you wish.
He attends muggle studies too, but I'm not sure how he feels about the class, we did enjoy the last lesson however, taking photographs with a muggle camera, would you like a copy of the pictures?

Wishing you well

Louise Grey.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)    Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)  EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:15 pm

Louise Jane,

You still have far to go in terms of penmanship but the amount of improvement I detect in your script given the period of time you have been practicing is almost adequate.

Your gratitude is appreciated but not required, it is my duty to look after a Murray, which you already are in all but name. Any shortcomings on your part reflect badly upon us and that has always been unacceptable.

If you are serious about providing routinely confections to the children at the hospital, I shall get someone from pediatrics to forward you a list of the current patients and their dietary needs. You will of course know that diabetic children will not be able to enjoy your creation so I suggest sending something along for them as well so they do not feel overlooked.

On that note, if you ever wish to visit the hospital to distribute the sweets yourself, or in fact would want to volunteer your services to the children's ward here at St. Mungo's, that can be arranged too. It has been a while since the Prophet featured a Murray doing volunteer work.

I am not surprised to hear Joshua is doing well in school. Hogwarts was never known to boast a challenging syllabus. When I was a young girl at the school, I used to obtain books from older students just to keep myself from getting bored. Is the library as insufficient in Healing books as I remember it to be? Despite the substantial Murray grant the school receives annually for library resources?

Improving a potion sounds accurate. Detestable as Joshua's father is in every other manner, I will admit he always had a way with potions. Joshua likely gets his flair from Layton. Though I fail to understand why he would waste his time in Muggle Studies.

A copy might be nice...

Regards
Eleanor Rose Murray

E Murray
________
Director
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)    Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)  EmptyFri May 16, 2014 12:46 pm

Louise had to take some time to think about her reply and to get a few ideas off the ground before she replied to Lady Eleanor. She worked tirelessly, with her homework out of the way she spent a good week and a half between devising a new spell and checking the library for medicinal books. She had found them quite interesting and had checked a few out before she remembered why she had done so.

Lady Eleanor

I took you advice and I believe I have come up with a suitable substitute. Attached to this letter is the work I've been doing on a spell that will replicate sweet taste and depending on what you use it on it will taste like any other sweet or chocolate. I've tried myself and introduced some to the students through my testing at Hogsmead. I've yet to receive all the feedback sheets but I'm hoping they'll all be in by the time I send this letter.

I've thought about your offer to visit the children's ward and I think it's a good idea, I'm still partially undecided as to what I want to do once I leave Hogwarts and the experience couldn't do any harm.
I have found a few newer looking books on medicinal spells and potions and find myself enamored with them, I've barely put one down before picking up another. I made a friend too, a Ravenclaw girl, we study in the library quite often, I'm trying to get her to try some of my alternative sweets.

I'm not sure why Joshua takes Muggle studies either but it doesn't look like he hates the class, the teacher is nice anyway and she doesn't take Josh too seriously and doesn't call him out too much. I enjoyed it anyway while I was there, the pictures have been brought back and I think you'll like this one (Joshua, smiling for once) I've added to the bottom of this letter.

I set up a stall to test how well the sweets were received and so far I've had no complaints and many suggestions for further products. I even had a suggestion to make cakes along with everything else. Several have tried the alternative sweetened sweets and haven't been able to tell the difference. I'd be more than happy to visit the children's ward baring gifts of course.

Wishing you well
Louise Grey

Last edited by Louise Grey on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)    Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 4:43 pm

Louise Jane,

I have taken the liberty to look through your notes and though they are far from perfect, you show potential. Potential that the Hogwart library is in no way fit to see to fruition. As is the case, I am sending you some proper books and materials to work with and aid you in your continuing research. If you would like to order anything else, simply command the workers at Flourish and Blotts and they will get it to you within the day. Their ineptness is usually very effectively obliterated at the sight of the Murray seal.

in accordance with your agreement of distributing sweets to the children in the pediatric ward, I've arranged for a proper occasion to be made of the whole affair. You and Joshua will spend Christmas Eve at the hospital in appropriate attires (of a festive nature) distributing said sweets to children. There will be representatives from several newspaper and magazines to capture your work so kindly take the time to behave in an appropriate manner.

You are also invited to Christmas dinner at our holdings in Wales, a formal invitation towards yourself, your hosts and your father has already been extended. However I ask that you keep the invites exclusive to only the abovementioned. Screaming toddlers will not be welcome at the castle.

Thank you for that picture of Joshua and yourself. I have not seen him smile since he was three. I owe you a debt of gratitude, Louise Jane.

Regards
Eleanor Rose Murray

E Murray
________
Director
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)    Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)  EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 10:06 am

Lady Eleanor

Thank you, thank you and thank you. I'll make sure I put all of the books and equipment to good use, I promise. As for the Christmas visit I'm sure the children will appreciate the gesture. I'm not sure how Josh is going to react to being a part of it but I'll let him know when he's in a good mood. While I'm talking about Josh I've attached another picture, I made him a small cake for his birthday, he seemed pleased with it and I haven't found any of it left anywhere.

I'd be delighted to join you for Christmas dinner, I understand your not wanting too many guests. I am glad you enjoyed the picture but I don't think I really did much to deserve your gratitude, but it is appreciated.

Looking forward to meeting again soon,
Louise grey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)    Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Correspondence. (One shot/Eleanor)
Page 1 of 1