Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7)

Go down 
+3
Mavis Benrik
October Faileng
Jacoby Windsor
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7) - Page 2 EmptySun May 11, 2014 1:16 pm

As another Slytherin stepped forward to give the spell a shot, Jake gave the boy a reassuring smile as he set himself. Waiting a moment more, Jake opened the trunk and the Dementor rose from the depths heading for the Slytherin.

Whatever the boy was thinking was incredibly strong as a bear appeared and beat the Dementor back in to the trunk. Once closed, Jake gave Jacoby a clap. "Great work, Jacoby, very, very powerful, a great display. Right, come on those left, step forward, have a go!" Jake called out, looking around for the next volunteer.

Last edited by Jake Newbury on Tue May 20, 2014 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mavis Benrik
Graduate
Graduate
Mavis Benrik

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 12:54 pm

Mavis watched as others did the spell correctly and she rolled her eyes. When Jake wanted someone else to come over and do the spell, Mavis thought it would be best to just get it over with because she really wanted to get out of the class. "I'll go" Mavis pulled out her wand and walked over to the front and watched as Jake opened up the trunk and out came a dementor. The Slytherin lifted up wand up so it was pointed at the dementor. "Expecto Patronum" light flew out of her wand and her patronus hit the dementor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 12:58 pm

"I'll go"

Jake smiled at the witch who stepped forward, watching her ready herself before he opened the trunk. The reply was almost instantaneous as the Patronus flashed before them, slamming the Dementor back in to the box.

"Well done, Mavis. Next?"

Back to top Go down
Pronyma Youngblood
Unsorted
Pronyma Youngblood

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 2:00 am

"I'm sorry I'm late!" She hurried into the classroom to see everyone taking turns opening a trunk. Was she sorry she was late?No, not really, but for all presentations sake, she said it anyway. She smiled as two students went before she finally came in. It was nice to get the tempo of the class. She could never be on time even if her life depended on it. She approached the trunk. "Let's get this over with." She bravely reached forward and opeed the trunk with her wand in the adjunct hand. She took a step back as a figure began to slink out of the box and lingered in the air above it. An ugly, but not unfamiliar ugly man formed before her, the one who tried to kill her. He was tall and wide and weilding the knife, aiming for her throat. "EXPECTO PATRONUM!" She remembered the happy times with her family, not the ones at home but fellow classmates that she made into her own family. Then, Severus Snape appeared in front of her, pushing the Dementor back in the box. Nyma sighed and smiled as the Patronum showed himself, but when she realized there were other students in the class, she saw this and went wide eyed. Great. Now everyone was going to know that the image of Snape was her patronum. She had a crush on him, and instead of going back to her seat calmly, she backed up and walked to the wall, pressing her back against it. There it was. Everyone would now know. "SO what!?! That got me all junked up! Snape is a good patronum! He is!" She watched as her outburst caused everyone to be silent for a moment. Pronyma felt like she could curl up and die in the corner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 11:32 am

"I'm sorry I'm late!"

"No problem... Pronyma!" Jake replied, checking his roster quickly for a name before smiling at the witch who had entered. "We're learning about the Patronus Charm." The professor supplied, hoping the witch would be able to catch up quickly seeing as the lesson was almost coming to a close.

As the witch moved to have her go, Jake watched eagerly, his eyes flitting from the Dementor to the student, hoping it wouldn't be another fainting case. But, it seemed this witch was good, and her Patronus showed that. Once the Dementor was back in it's box, Jake clapped the Slytherin. "Very good, Pronyma. Everyone should take note that the Patronus we just saw, another corporeal, did not take the form of an animal. It's not always the case, and, if I'm not mistaken, the man in question was Professor Snape, a professor who taught here nearly fifteen years ago!" Jake explained, in case anyone didn't know who the man was.

"SO what!?! That got me all junked up! Snape is a good patronum! He is!"

"He is a good Patronus. Nobody should look down on each other, and I don't think they will. So who's going next?" Jake asked, looking around at the last stragglers of his class.

Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 8:10 pm

Thana watched as another girl completed the spell, obviously there were several students in this class had brilliant memories. For Thana, not so much. She knew she was one of the last few stragglers who still hadn't done the spell, she had tried to put it off, maybe even get out of the lesson. Unfortunately the Professor had other ideas, "Well its now or never" she thought to herself. Thana walked to the front of the classroom, trying not to show her fear. She hated Dementors, and they loved her, for all the wrong reasons.

Thana went to the front of the class and nodded to the Professor, the fear inside her growing with each passing minute. She readied herself, then the Professor let the Dementor out. Thana tried to cast the spell, but the Dementor just went straight to her, she didn't have a chance. Dementors had been the terror of her past, and now once again they were the terror of her new life. Memories were flashing by, days in the prison cell, all her happiness gone, Pain. Misery, Hurt, "You are nothing but evil. A monster of the night" She tried desperately to cast the spell, wanting to stop the memories from flashing through her mind. "Expect-Expect" Was all she managed to get out before collapsing to the floor, unconscious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 20, 2014 1:22 pm

Jake was pleasantly surprised as Thana finally stepped forward. Her shyness to the situation had not gone amiss to the the Quidditch star, but he'd decided better than to call her out on it. After opening the trunk for the witch, Jake watched carefully as she readied herself for the Dementor.

And the witch really tried.

But to no avail.

The moment Jake saw the conciousness leave Thana's body, he moved forwards, blocking the Dementors path and putting it back in to the trunk. After, he moved swiftly to the witch's side, muttering a quick spell to bring her round. "You're okay, Thana. It's gone." Jake assured her, summoning one of Azalea's chocolate wands and handing it to the witch. "Here, eat this."

Once Jake was sure Thana was okay, he stood up and looked to the class as a whole. "Well done on everyone for giving this a shot. Should anyone want another go, I'm afraid we'll have to rearrange a private lesson. Please read up on the subject for homework, though I won't ask you to hand anything in, make sure you do it cus this spell is more than likely to come up on your test. If there are no other questions, you're all dismissed."
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Thana regained consciousness and noticed Professor Jake next to her. She shook her head at the offer of the chocolate, she didn't eat it. Thana couldn't even if she wanted to, her Diabetes made it difficult. She listened as Professor Jake dismissed the class, "I'm sorry Professor" she said getting up. She hated to be noticed, let alone failing at something. Especially a class, she hated failing a class.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 6 & 7)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2