Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Azalea Harrington

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 8:06 am

Full Name: Azalea Harrington
Birthdate: August 13th
Country of Origin: United States of America
Current Home: Carmel-by-the-sea, Monterey, California.
General appearance: Hair; dark chocolate, curly. Eyes; rich, warm dark brown. Skin; originally pale, now tanned due to living on the beach, smooth, blemish free. Height; 5’8’. Body type; slender, flexible.
Special Features: Tattoo of a black winged horse on right hip bone, double piercing in each ear, belly button piercing.
Blood purity: Unknown
Sexual alignment: Heterosexual with a dose of bicuriosity

Personality: On the surface, Azalea appears to be a slightly erratic, hair brained girl who seems a little too much into music and clothes but this is usually a mask she wears because it is the most convenient front to portray. She is quite intelligent but likes to keep it under wraps and has a mean streak which she often has to suppress in order to get along with people. She is also extremely paranoid and fears attachment.

Background:
The most interesting thing about her is that the first five years of Azalea’s life are a complete blank. Her current guardian, Kenneth Harrington, is a photographer/poet and was visiting Alabama to cover their annual Azalea festival ten years ago when he found a little girl asleep on a park bench. He came back the next day only to find the girl still there and assumed she had been abandoned. He reported the child to the authorities but no one came to claim her so - rather hesitantly – decided to adopt the girl. Azalea has been living with him since.

At first, Azalea (named for the reason behind Kenneth’s trip to Alabama) wouldn’t talk or make any initiative to engage Kenneth in any way. The photographer had several tests done to see if she had a speech problem or any other disorder that kept her from reacting to the world but the tests came out clear. In the end, Psychologists were forced to conclude the child was in shock. But over time, Azalea started adjusting to her life with her “dad” and a year after he had found her, she was just your average, happy and active six year old.

Azalea showed her first sign of magic when she was eight by turning her father’s new camera lens into a rubber chicken. Kenneth was extremely proud of her and took her out for ice cream. Azalea tried to take advantage of his good mood by asking of her mother (she had assumed her parents were divorced) and Kenneth decided to tell her the truth of her adoption. Azalea listened quietly and took a few days to digest the information. After the revelation however, she became quieter and more withdrawn. On one level, she knew her being adopted did not mean Kenneth loved her any less but on another level, she was convinced that there was something wrong with her, which was why she was abandoned in the first place.

Azalea was terribly nervous about attending Salem Academy at first which is why she adopted the persona of a scatterbrain girl obsessed with fashion and pop culture. It just seemed easier to make friends that way. Despite being fairly outgoing and a team player, Azalea has severe trust and attachment issues. She fears abandonment above all and her answer to it is never being so close to someone that going away from them would hurt. She also sometimes feels the urge to hurt people and has to work hard to constantly suppress it.

Family:
Mother: Unknown
Father: Unknown
Siblings: Unknown
Pet: Squirrel named Lexi, gift from her dad on her 11th birthday

Other:
Guardian: Kenneth Harrington, 38, Freelance Photographer/Poet, Alive and well, Pureblood Pathan

Family Background:
Azalea’s family is her guardian whom she has called “dad” for as long as she can remember. She remembers nothing of her real family and none of Kenneth’s searches unveiled anything about them either.

Last edited by Azalea Harrington on Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 8:36 am

ACCEPTED
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:52 am

Azalea Harrington - People of Note:

Kenneth "Kit" Harrington: Guardian/Father, photographer and poet. *
Katherine Zanderson: Childhood friend and closest confidante
Silas Botwin: Ex "boyfriend", dealer of semi illegal substances, currently in his seventh year at Salem Academy.*
Scarlett Jorde: Close friend and fellow Nightshade
James Reonalds: Best friend and fellow prefect, Wormwood.
Alex Pince: Loathed Care of Magical Creatures Professor
Jake "Newman" Newbury: Tentative "boyfriend"
Josh Murray: Third year Hogwarts student, Slytherin, constantly in trouble with Azalea in Herbology to try and get her attention.
Mr. Xavier: Owner of Devil's pub, Azalea's boss, possible initiator of several shady side businesses.
Violet Evans: Maternal figure, Headmistress of Salem.
Clara Kent: Old friend of Kenneth, first maternal figure in Azalea's life.
Zachary Daniels: Favorite Hogwarts professor
Edward Winchester: Mentor, fighting instructor
Diane Arachnae: Mentor, demonology instructor
Klayton Mavrik: Fellow Nightshade, prefect and student in Demonology. Like a brother.
Victoria Newbury: Jake's younger sister, Wormwood, the cutest child to ever exist.
Travis Emerson: Close family friend, like a younger brother to Azaleas.
Evelyn Knight: Junior prefect, friend and fellow Nightshade.
Angelo D' Monica : Best dance partner and close friend.
Joe Astrid: Student and Herbology protoge.

*NPCs.

Last edited by Azalea Harrington on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 12:59 am

Character Notes I

He came into her life like a particularly fine wine and more fool she for being in the business, did not recognize him for the rare vintage he was. Silas Botwin had all the makings of an intriguing person, so prone to blending in the shadows it had been a genuine surprise to Azalea that he wasn’t a Nightshade. Word of mouth seemed to be the only way he could be found, unless he wanted to be otherwise.

Everything about the sixth year was intoxicating. From his low tone that you had to pay particular attention to just to make out words let alone inflections to his speech to his obsidian eyes which seem to hold infinite secrets. And yet it wasn’t those things that had attracted Azalea Harrington, it was the quiet air of authority that was prominent every time Silas Botwin was in the room. It silently screamed that this boy knew what he was doing, and contradicting him would get you somewhere very painful. It was the same feeling the Nightshade exuded when around plants even at the age of fourteen.

They had met for the first time with mutual respect for each other’s ability. He and his potions and she and her herbs. The complimented each other on so many levels, it was like fate was setting them up just to tear them apart which is exactly how it unfolded. Silas was the trigger, she the reaction. And the rest. It was chaos.

They both saw it coming, it would have been an insult to their intelligence if they claimed they hadn’t. But the human mind is weak and the human heart is weaker still. So together, two very intelligent people embarked on one stupid journey that could end in nothing but doom.

And when the doom came, it was neither loud nor explosive.

It ended with a quiet shudder, the last breath that struggles to leave a dying man but never quite manages to break free. It was not a clean break, and because of that, it still hurt. A lot.

But both Azalea and Silas being who they are, like to pretend they beat this thing. That they rose above the challenge life hurled their way and emerged victorious, though on separate sides of the playing field.

Because it’s easier than admitting that is is life that beat them that one time. And though they may not acknowledge it, they have learned from it. And two such intelligent people don’t make the same mistake twice.

Even if the human mind is weak, and the human heart weaker still...

Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Ghost of a Rose- A Silas/Azalea Fanmix

Ghost of a Rose - Blackmore's Night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrhYIEEJmcs

Promise me, when you see,
A white rose, you'll think of me.
I love you so,
Never let go.
I will be,
Your ghost of a rose.

What Hurts the Most - Rascal Flatts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGzKCTDGxbU

What hurts the most,
Was being so close,
And having so much to say,
And watching you walk away.
Never knowing,
what could have been,
And not seeing that loving you,
Is what i was trying to do.

Careless Whisper - Seether
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCeSJrYy_HA

I feel so unsure,
As I take you hand,
And lead you to the dance floor.
As the music dies,
Something in your eyes,
Calls to mind a silver screen,
And all its sad goodbyes.

Freshmen - The Verve Pipe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2eqn0MLtk0

I can't be held responsible,
She was touching her face.
I won't be held responsible,
She fell in love in the first place.
For the life of me,
I can't remember what made us think that we were wise,
And we'd never compromise.

It's All Coming Back To Me Now - Celine Deon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Gze4kqF04

I finished crying in the instant that you left,
And I can't remember where or when or how.
And I banished every memory you and I had ever made{...}
But you were history with the slamming of the door,
And I made myself so strong again somehow.
And I never wasted any of my time on you since then....
But if I touch you like this..

Castle and Dreams - Blackmore's Night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMNgxUEEMDA

And the rains came down
And the stars fell from the sky
Oh, how dark the night...
It always seems those Castles and Dreams
Fade with the morning light..

Last edited by Azalea Harrington on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 7:38 am

An Azalea by Any Other Name
A guide to the many nicknames of Azalea Harrington

Azalea: Used by herself and Jake Newbury
Aza: Generally used by most people
Zalea: Used by James Reonalds
Azzie: used by Clara Kent
Zelea: Used by Silas Botwin (NPC)
Zale: Used by Klayton Mavrik
My Most Valuable Flower: Used by her dad (NPC), much to her annoyance.
Zaza: Used by Bo Aulis-Daniels
Leaf Bitch: Utilized by Catherine (NPC) and her group of friends (also NPCs).
Florecita: Used by Angelo D'Monica
Azaflower: Used by Professor Mika Aulis
Lea: Used by Evelyn Knight
Hell-flower: Dubbedby Claude Firenzi
Tatsuji: Used by Theodore Watanabe
Duckling: Formerly used why Thomas Valker (in his school days)
Flower Petal: Utilized by Sargent Harley Calhoun

Last edited by Azalea Harrington on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:36 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 11:08 am

Character Notes II

It is commonly believed that after someone is gone, the things they leave behind remind you of them. An old photograph, perhaps a gift, or even something as mundane as a toothbrush they had once borrowed when they had, metaphorically speaking, stayed over one night because you were afraid a nightmare that may or may not come. (that was before you realized the nightmares were just an excuse to keep him close but that is neither here nor there. they served a purpose and now the purpose was no more and neither were they) You both also knew that if enough people believe something, it ends up becoming true, and being the two intelligent people that you were, you had made sure there were no such objects strewn across each other’s lives that would call to mind what had never been, could never be.

And then you had realized that it wasn’t the stray toothbrush, the silver anklet or a small vial of perfume that served to remind you of someone, it was the perfect lack of all objects related to that person. Nothing this perfectly removed from your life could be natural and so, his absence screamed silently in your head, with nothing to bounce of off and nowhere to go, it remained locked inside you like a scream, like so many unshed tears waiting for your eyelids to get careless so they can come rushing out when you least expect them. The heart needs to grieve even if the mind refuses to and your body had been in mourning ever since the Silas shaped hole appeared in your life, in the wake of the absence of everything he did not leave behind.

“I don’t like roses,” the dark haired boy commented, negating the statement by stroking the petals of one carefully in his long, dexterous fingers. “Too pretentious if you ask me,” with the same capable fingers, he stripped the flower petal by petal, to its soft core. “And far too fragile for all the fuss it makes.”

Days blended into each other and time passed, though you don’t know how. Fortunately, time does not need you to understand it’s twisting, winding paths, it just passes and if you choose to remain stationary, it passes around you, from under you, from above you and sometimes even through you. And by the time it passed through you, you had lost several months and several friends just in time for the summer holidays. Dark greenhouses started seeming more appealing than the bright smiles of people, genetic mutations and magic field manipulations started holding more interest than music, swimming and dance and above all, colours became bleached into various shades of grey. (all without your permission but the world doesn’t need your permission to change, it just does and you have to live with it. And now there aren’t even any nightmares to distract you from the cold reality of the waking hours)

People might claim that the world hadn’t changed, that it was you who had readjusted their perspective and as a result, saw everything differently. But you knew that to be untrue because sometimes the colours did become bright again, bright and awash like when it rained except it happened in sunny days of summer, and in the dark. Those bright colours seared your eyes through the lashes, making you wish for the bleakness to take over once more. And no, this was still the world and not you. You were the same as always, it was simply the universe conspiring to prove you wrong, and you were never wrong. (damn the universe!)

“A popular theory in biochemistry suggests that atoms renew themselves every few years,” he murmured, his fingers stroking through her long hair as she tried to fight off sleep. His attention was equally divided between her and the book he was perusing so casually, she knew he was reading every word, twice.

“Mhm…” she managed before the words seeped through, making her eyes flutter open. “What happens to the old ones?”

“They apparently detach from the original source and find something else to get attached to,” she hears the smirk in his voice.

“Gross, like an infection?”

“The theory implies that everything is made up of everything else, The atoms that exist in us could very well one day exist in a tree, a rat, piles of garbage and sewer residue.”

“Charming.”

“It could also mean that a part of me will always be in a part of you, and vice versa.”

Salem bustled with its usual activity upon your return, nothing had changed, not really. Not as much as the silver badge on your robe implied. No one noticed the ghost that’s not there, people are good at not seeing what’s not there. Mysteriously, no one asked about Silas and you don’t know If it’s a blessing or if you want to scratch at something until your nails bleed. (blood, the building block of life, they called it. more fool they because you have shed enough blood over the summer to know it build nothing, not even a quiet solace so your mind can finally rest.)

And then Life happened, things took a turn for the normal. And that, in retrospect hurt more. Was Silas really that easy to forget? Because if so, then you must be too. And you couldn’t ask the one person who would be able to confirm or deny that suspicion because he was too busy erasing himself from your life.

“You asleep, Zelea?”

“Why do you ask if you know I’m awake?”

“Force of habit.”

“Of asking redundant questions?”

“Of hearing your voice.”

“It’s a bad habit, not that I’m one to criticize, often suffering from the same illogical impulses.”

“I understand.”

“What?”

“Whatever it is you try so hard not to say.”

“Good night Silas.”

“Night Zelea.”
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Azalea Harrington's Timeline
(compiled painstakingly by Jake Newbury. Thanks sweetie!)

Salem Fifth Year (2008/2009)

Hogwarts

Lessons

Summer (2009)

Last edited by Azalea Harrington on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:52 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 5:30 am

Character Notes III

Azalea's summer/birthday destination each year.*

*Creative liberty taken with location/month but the even itself has been kept as true to the original as possible
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:43 am

Character Notes IV

Silas had always been magic, so it was no surprised when he appeared from the shadows where she waited. There had been no contact between them for months, there was no need. How Silas had known she wanted to see him was a mystery but one that wasn’t occupying her mind too much at the moment. Whereas before Azalea would have taken it as a sign of something deeper, today the girl was blissfully neutral. A quiet calm surrounded everything, the trees from the Night Forest whispered comfortingly in her ear, energizing her, telling her this was the right thing to do.

“Hi Silas.”

“Zelea.”

He stood a respectful two feet away, perilously close to the shadows, perhaps already planning to melt into them as soon as this conversation was over. He knew as well as her what they were here for, there had never been any pretence between the two. Now it was just a matter of how.

The Nightshade reached into her jean pocket, extracting the silver anklet adorned with a single azalea, the chain and clasp broken. “It’s broken,” she said unnecessarily, examining the anklet that was the only tangible reminder of what they once had. “I broke it.”

“It can be fixed.” Silas’s tone never revealed any emotion, it was his words you had to really hear to understand what he was saying.

“No it can’t.”

“Because you won’t try.” It was the closest thing to an accusation she had heard from him and for the first time, it didn’t hurt. The empty feeling inside her was… now just empty. Devoid of sensitivity.

“I’m sorry.”

An age passed as both of them stood in silence, the trees whispering gently in the background. They always communicated best in silence. He was leaving school this year, perhaps she would never see him again. But he would leave a link behind for her to pursue.

“Make sure to find a decent replacement.”

Before the witch could turn around at the hint of sadness in his tone, the Wormwood had vanished, melted into the shadows that had always been a part of him.

“I’ll try…”
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 2:34 pm

Letters To No One (Summer, 2009)

Hi Katherine,

I know I just left Hogwarts but I really wanted to write to you. Between all the things we got up to in the last few weeks of school, we never had time to sit down and talk and that’s what I’ve been missing the most about us. Of course I have friends here but no one listens as well as you and I guess that’s what best friends are for – even if I haven’t been a very good one lately. Anyway, I hope you and your family are doing well. Please send my regards to Cyr as well. Is he nervous about graduating? What does he plan to do now? If he’s interested, you should let him know that the Brookshire’s wand shop is looking for bright students as apprentices. The pay is decent and he will learn loads in addition to all the stuff he already knows as Professor Aulis’ apprentice.

I can’t believe another year has gone by and that this was more eventful than any in my life thus far. It makes me so happy to see Professor Daniels recovering. He grows stronger each day and his kids no longer have that scared look on their faces that their dad is gang to die. I’ve taken up the position of Bo’s English tutor for the summer just to be around them. Silly I know but I guess there can never be enough sense of family in the world.

OWLs came and went and I have no idea how I did. Truth be told, the papers are a blur as are the last few weeks of school. But I don’t really mind. Honestly, I sometimes think I don’t even care. It’s just standardized exams. I have no idea how dad is going to react when he finds out I don’t plan to go to university after Salem but maybe if I start getting awful grades now, it won’t be so much of a surprise? But until the results come in, I have a summer packed to bursting with tons of activities, including our annual summer holidays sleepover. I’ve thought of inviting some of my Nightshade friends as well. And Alilah from your house too. We really need a good all girl’s night to feel human again no?

Of course, I’d be remiss if I didn’t address the issue of the international ball (I had no idea Cyr could hit like that, he always looks so gentle). Yes, Jake and I did hook up briefly during the year but nothing more than that. He’s not a one woman type of guy and I certainly don’t do boyfriends, as you already know. Anyway, he’s history. Not that there was anything particularly historic about the whole thing. It’s safe to say Jake Newbury was a very brief chapter in my life and will never make reappearance in it again. He’s got better other people to do.

Anyway, I hope to see you soon. Write to me with a date for when you can make it over here to the states. And I’m sending a charm bracelet enclosed with this letter. Clara bought me one just before the holidays and when she gave it to me, I thought of you. I guess she must have known I would because she produced an identical one the next moment. So now we have similar bracelets. I hope you like yours as much as I like mine.

Send my best to everyone at home.

Azalea

Azalea Harrington's Ordinary Wizarding Level Result Statement:

Transfiguration Outstanding
Charms Outstanding
Herbology Outstanding
Potions Outstanding
Arithmancy Exceeds Expectations
History of Magic Outstanding
Dueling Exceeds Expectations
Astronomy Acceptable
Care of Magical Creatures Outstanding
Muggle Studies Exceeds Expectations
Ancient Runes Outstanding
Dear Miss Harrington,

I hope you have enjoyed your summer, and that you are refreshed for the new year at Salem Academy. As always, the staff and I are always here to help with you every need throughout the school year. I would like to point you to the list of books and equipment that you will be required to bring at the start of the year.

I would also like to congratulate you on your new position as Head Girl at Salem Academy. I am very pleased to announce that I see you as one of the brightest minds here at Salem; you deserve your badge, which is also found included in this letter.

The Head Boy and fellow colleague for the year will be Mr Jake Newbury.

Please remember- You must meet your Head Boy on the Salem train in the Prefects carriage, and you will briefly discuss your plans for the school year as well as the Prefect Patrol schedule. This will be discussed with the other prefects.

I would like to make you aware, that whilst in this role, you will be sharing a common room with your colleague with adjoining rooms. The school believes that students working in unison becomes much better when you are closer together.

As Head Girl, you will be seen as the leader of Salem along with your Head Boy, you will be seen as a role model. This position holds great responsibility, and I am putting my trust in you. This position is a privilege to all those who hold it, and I am certain you will make me proud.

Good luck!

Yours Sincerely,

Violet Evans
Headmistress of Salem Academy

Azalea,

Here’s hoping that you’re having a good summer. We’ve both been home around a week now, I thought I’d give you some time to… cool off? Victoria has been pestering me day after day about Salem, bless her, she’s incredibly excitable for next year. It’s probably wrong of me to be dreading it, right?

Anyway, Victoria isn’t of any concern to you, so I shouldn’t trouble you with that.

I just wanted to write to know that you were okay. The moment in the library was… I don’t even know what you would call it. But it was horrible. Merlin knows you’ve told me it’s not my place to care about you, and maybe if you tell me again I’ll believe you. But, I’ve found that I do, and I don’t think it can really be changed that easily.

The day in the library, you went back to the park. The haunted look in your eyes told me that much, and I can only hazard guesses as to why you would look like that. Azalea, I would just like to know what it is I did wrong that day. Perhaps I can put it right? We’re…

I just want to know where we stand. We had something, and I know I have ruined that. Truthfully, it hurts me to know that I have hurt you. You will say I am lying, I am sure, but I can only hope you’ll believe me. I don’t wish to hurt anybody, and I most definitely did not mean to hurt you.

Please… just let me know what I did, so that I can either try to rectify my mistakes, or learn from them.

Jake.

Azalea Harrington  631b1c0bd839eb8b9b517ea2a365a117_zps54bef96f
Hey Aza,

I know we didn't get a chance to hang out much do to the fact that you were teaching classes and I was busy doing my school work and taking on the duties of head girl of Hogwarts. I hope you loved Hogwarts, but knowing you, you most certainly did. You better not have any friends better than me, I don't to loose my kind soul because I punched someone in the face for even thinking that they could replace me in your life. I will send them to him, I assure you. Yeah, Cyr kind of is but than again he isn't. I really am not sure, him and I haven't really had that kind of conversation yet. I will run that idea by him, I'm sure he'd take it, he is very smart and bright.

I know what you mean, it feels like only yesterday that I was a mere first year at the age of eleven and now I am going to be seventeen and graduate this year, it is quite scary but than again it is also exciting. That is amazing to hear about professor Daniels, please send my love to him and his family. Well Bo is really great to have you as his tutor, I am so happy for you, you have come so far in life. I want weekly updates on how everything goes.

Don't worry so much, you don't want wrinkles yet, you're still so young. I know for a fact that you have done well, you're very talented and smart and I know you did amazing with everything. Your dad will accept your decision to not attend college and if he doesn't I am always here for you, I will always be behind you supporting your decisions in life, but if you get pregnant before coming successful, I will murder you an chop of the father's balls. When you have the slumber party please let me know and I will attend it with pleassure. Although I never pictured you as a girl who liked slumber parties unless it was just us.

Omg I know right, I really thought in a brief moment that Cyr would kill Jake. I feel bad though because I was nice to Jake but that is who I am and I can't help but feel guilty that I led him on and made Jake believe I liked him. OH MY GOD! JAKE IS THE ONE WHO YOU SLEPT WITH?! AZALEA HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME?!

I will see you soon hopefully. I am free to come visit the month before school starts if that is okay with you. By the way I love the bracelet, I will wear and cherish it always.

With love and friendship,

- Katherine

Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 2:26 am

Character Notes V

It was the day before the start of term and everything at Harrington House was quiet, the kind of quiet that was customary this time of year and in its silence, told its own story. Azalea had not grown up with doting parents who reminded her every day for a week before school that they would miss her. No, she had grown up with Kit who would disappear into his darkroom under pretence of work for almost the whole day while Azalea would spend it out in the garden as Clara made sure everything was packed. Around dinner, the three would somehow converge in the garden and decide to go out for dinner and though no one ever said it was because the young witch was going off to school, it have become a tradition nonetheless.

Many traditions in Harington House were unspoken. One of which Kit executed at the moment in the garden as he watched his daughter sit quietly, a potted Venus in her lap. The best way to give a plant your magic was by proximity and the girl wanted to leave enough juice behind for the plant to flourish in her absence. It had gotten rather used to her taste and grew garish leaves when it fed off other sources.

“The Maybirds are lovely this summer?”

“Am I in trouble?” the girl replied without opening her eyes. Kit’s knowledge of plants was pretty extensive, it had to be in order to keep up with Azalea’s zeal for them.

“I don’t know, kiddo,” the photographer replied, coming to sit beside her on the grass. “Why don’t you tell me?”

“There really isn’t much to tell, it happened… suddenly.”

“So Jake isn’t the boy you were upset over last summer?”

“I wasn’t upset dad,” the girl lied, knowing it wouldn’t do an ounce of good. Why she had even bothered believing Kit wouldn’t notice was beyond her now. “Anyway, that boy is history,” she added to put his worries at rest. “I’ve moved on.” That was all he needed to know.

Kit shuffled closer to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder as the girl rested her head on his.. “And this Jake? Is he likely to be history anytime soon?”

“I honestly don’t know,” the girl replied softly. Azalea wasn’t in the habit if discussing her romantic relationships with her father and he sure as hell wasn’t in the habit of offering advice. Except he didn’t mind coming out of his comfort zone to look out for her, the brunette realized with another pang. Once again, Kit had demonstrated how much she did not deserve him. “I’m sorry dad…” she added.

“Sorry for what?”

The Nightshade avoided the answer by pretending she hadn’t heard the question. It was a game they both played so well, it was frightening sometimes.

“My most precious flower,” Kit teased, placing a soft kiss on her forehead and making her roll her eyes. “If you ask me, I’d say he’s a keeper.”

“And how would you possibly know that after meeting him once?”

Instead of answering, Kit shuffled a bit more, producing something from his jacket pocket and handing it to Azalea. The girl looked at it, puzzled for a second but then the penny dropped.

The picture itself was one of Kit’s speciality. A half magic, half muggle type that made the viewer feel it was going to move without actually moving. When the charm on it weakened and the ink faded, the figures did indeed move a little which Muggles often blamed the light for. It was indeed a trick of the light, just not in the way they knew it. These photos were taken so that blatant movement was compromised for pure essence of the picture. Many such paintings and photographs that evoked strong emotions hung in Muggle museums and galleries today but Kit was one of the first photographers to be able to minimize on this and use it for smaller pictures. One of the reasons why her father was one of the most sought after artist in the country was because he could make his pictures move people without making the pictures themselves move.

But that wasn’t what caught the witch’s eye as she took in the detail rich palaroid which featured herself smiling, looking a few degrees south of the camera because she didn’t know it was coming. Azalea had just been smiling at her father as she stood encircled in Jake’s arms.

Azalea’s gaze was straight ahead and Jake’s squarely on her, the corners of his mouth in the kind of smile she had only seen him bestow on his little sister.

Jake Newbury was looking down at the brunette as if she was the only person in his world at that moment.

“Can’t fake that, can he?” Kit stated quietly.

This time, it was the sound of Clara opening the front door and making her way towards them that saved Azalea from answering.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptySat May 04, 2013 5:55 am

Azalea Harrington's Timeline
(compiled painstakingly by Jake Newbury. Thanks sweetie!)

Salem Sixth Year (2009/2010)

Hogwarts

Classes

Out of Timeline

Kenneth "Kit" Harrington

Summer 2010

Tim “Timothy” Andora

Last edited by Azalea Harrington on Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:08 am; edited 20 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lucelia Tsahara
Unsorted
Lucelia Tsahara

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptyMon May 06, 2013 11:40 am

Sender: L. Tsahara
Recipient: A. Harrington
Content: Letter
Date: 5th September 2009

Dearest Azalea,

I hope you've settled back into Salem well, and that whoever has the privilege of being Head Boy alongside you has been treating you nicely. If he has not, don't hesitate to tell me and I will arrange for something to be removed using a rusty spoon. If everything is fine, I promise I'm not horrifically violent.

I really just wanted to congratulate you on becoming Head Girl, even though I've done it at least twice now. Enjoy the perks of the job, but not *that* much. Unless the head boy is very, very attractive. Speaking of which, you must send me a picture at some point. I'm sure he won't mind unless it's highly inappropriate.

I met the head boy of my own school last week. He's alright, actually, though he did pull my hair on the carriage... I think we're on alright terms, though. Alright enough that I won't want to decapitate him within a week, anyway.

Is it just me or am I sounding like a very, very violent person here? Well, that's all I need to say. I'd write more but I can't think of anything right now. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Love, Lucelia x

Sender: A. Harrington
Recipient: L. Tsahara
Content: Letter, Photohraph, Seeds
Date: 8 September

Hi Luce!

Thanks you so very much for your lovely letter. I know we met over the summer but I still feel like I never got to talk to you. I guess we shouldn't have been as wasted as we were at my sleepover or we could have actually gotten a proper conversation in.

And as far as congratulations go, I send them to you too. I know you mentioned your parents being surprised at the news but I know I most certainly wasn't. You deserve the title, Luce. You deserve it more than anyone I know and I know a ton of people. just kidding!

The first week of school has flown by and if its any indication of how the rest of the year will go, I only hope I can hang on for the ride. I've found myself being busier than ever before but luckily, the Head Boy is not the kind who expects a girl to do all the work. I don't know if you remember Jake Newbury, the Belladonna who hosted the International Ball with me but he now holds the position of Head Boy. And just for you, I'll enclose a picture.

I have to run now, genetically mutated vines don't leach magic out of surrounding thermal sensors on their own. It was great hearing from you, please write back. I'm also enclosing some freshly modified seeds along with the picture. Grow them in a pot next to your bed, they're not going to wilt anytime soon. They will also change color with the light.

Best
Azalea

PS: Please tell Angel and Angelo I said hi, and that your boyfriend still owes me a soda!

Azalea Harrington  0b397023b1d85f0d18515264db4d625d_zpsc5ee1471

Sender: L. Tsahara
Recipient: A. Harrington
Date: 25th September 2009

Dearest Azalea,

Funnily enough, most of the sleepover is now a complete blur. There were several things I do remember; meeting Angelo's sister, the girl fixing the vase with paper or something similar, and then I'm pretty sure I sat there giggling for the best part of fifteen minutes. Least to say, I slept for two days when I got back home.

You're far too kind to me, Azalea! Honestly, everyone I know found it quite shocking. My sisters were pleased, but Harrison (little brother - highly annoying, he'll be at Lugar in a few years. I feel sorry for his house mates!) was very amused. It's okay, though, because apparently being grounded for a few days set him straight.

I'm glad to hear that he hasn't dumped all the load on you. I don't see why they think it's okay to do it sometimes; boys are a whole different species, I swear it! I actually think I do remember him. Was he talking to a little girl from the English school? And... Dancing, with my headmistress? My memory isn't always the best, but I think that's it... Looking at the picture though (and don't tell Angelo this) but I must say, to be spending time with him? You're a lucky girl, Azalea. Very lucky!

I'd like to say that I fully understand where you're coming from, but I haven't actually done anything to do with plants since around about second year. Still, a girl has to go and tend to special vines and such every once in a while, right? I did what you said with the seeds- they're lovely! Sorry it took so long to write back, as I'm sure you'll know by now, head girl duties are far from light!

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as you get the time to write back!

Love, Lucelia x

(I did- both say hello, and Angelo says that the next time you meet, you'll have your soda!)
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Sender: A. Harrington
Recipient: K. Harrington
Date: 15th April 2010

Hi Daddy.

I know I haven’t written in a while

I’m doing alright, really

How are you? I’ve missed you. I can’t believe it’s verging on five months since I’ve seen you and though I’m really not supposed to tell you this as I’ll be breaking the teenager’s code of conduct by doing so, I wish you were here right now. Please come here, daddy, please…

Tell Clara that I’m fine, and that I haven’t gotten into any trouble. Nor am I ignoring her because of her weird dreams. I’ve just been busy. What with Katherine’s wedding in the near future, my classes, teaching at Hogwarts. Plus Jake keeps taking me hiking to look for… Professor Evans told me yesterday that she got my performance report from Professor Aulis a while back. And wow, I never thought the classes I taught would be received so well. But apparently there was some sort of private communication between the three school heads and guess what, dad? Headmistress Valdez offered me the same kind of work experience I’m getting at Hogwarts. I’m still very on the fence about it because it means I’ll be ridiculously busy starting next year. What do you think, should I turn it down because it sounds insane or should I give it a go and kill myself in the process?

Oh, and before I forget, yes, I looked at the brochures Clara sent over. All those colleges look neat but isn’t it too early? I mean, I’m only at the end of my sixth year. I still have a year to decide. But yeah, I did look at them. I’m going to hold off making a decision for now.

Dad… I had a question I wanted to ask you. Well, two actually. Firstly, do you know there’s a Harrington family that’s famous? I was at this ball in the UK (see newspaper clipping attached, and no daddy, that boy is fourteen and a student of mine!) and apparently these people are very concerned with their lineage. Someone thought I was from a Harrington family too. Maybe we can pretend to be these Harringtons next time we’re in London and get the royal treatment since they sound like a big deal?

The other question I wanted to ask… Who is the most important person in your life? How do we know if someone is important to us? I know, it sounds so silly but I’ve started to wonder lately, dad. I know azaleas aren’t important I know there must be some way to know that people are important to you, some tangible way but what if there isn’t? And what if you aren’t important to the person that means the world to you? What do you do then?

Daddy I miss you so much, I just want to come home and…  I wish you were here. You can fix anything, please come fix this, fix Jake, fix me, please…

Other than the wedding, our exams are also just around the corner. I’ve applied for my usual leave from the Devil (yes, I’m still working there though I’ve lessened my hours considerably) so I can study during the weekends in peace. I don’t mind doing it with Amara around, she’s adorable. She likes to pretend she can read my Journals with me. Lisa’s looking a lot better these days too. All the steady meals and the job is helping her and Amara get back on their feet. I haven’t seen Mr. Xavier in a while though but that’s normal. No one is supposed to know when he comes and goes.

Shoot, there goes the alarm, I have to go dad, Jake will be up soon… if he slept at all… I’ll write more later but sending this first to avoid Clara’s wrath. Tell her I said hi and that yes, we can go shopping in the summer. Just as long a she doesn’t try to force any of those stupid light, pastel colours on me.

You’re the best daddy in the world, even if I don’t always tell you that.

Azalea

Last edited by Azalea Harrington on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 6:21 am

If I die young, bury me in satin,
lay me down on a bed of roses,
sink me in the river, at dawn,
send me away with the words of a love song.

For some time now, Azalea had been trying to ignore an internal battle. Things this summer had been going better than expected and after the last two summers spent with a wish to disappear under her plants and never resurface again, the change was welcomed wholeheartedly but always with suspicion and fear. The road trip home had relaxed her beyond what she could have imagined and the wedding in Spain had proven to her that Jake would sit through various boring functions simply because she was involved in them. Her trip to UK not soon after and then to Spain again had made her aware of his unending patience, a quality she had only associated with her father until now – and that in itself was odd enough, seeing Jake through similar eyes as she saw her dad – and his agreement to come to Paris to spend that many more days with her was just something Azalea was finding rather difficult to cope with due to the mixture of both knowing she didn’t deserve it and that she couldn’t get used it to.

Because his time and attention towards her were both limited.

As much as she had started to see some of her dad’s finer qualities in the boy, the fact of the matter was, Jake’s life did not revolve around her like Kit’s did. And she shouldn’t expect it to either. She didn’t need another person to remind her what a horrible person she was. No, Jake would have a life. Azalea refused to be the parasite that leeched happiness from yet one more person.

Even if it would be the hardest thing she’d ever have to do.

But there was something else Azalea needed to do that summer, and that something did not involve Jake directly. As the witch stared at her own reflection in the mirror, reaching to remove the pink armband from her forearm before bed, the memory of a happy giggle permeated the room, so clearly that for a moment, Azalea was sure Jake world wake up. The nervous glance his way showed that the ex Belladonna was still asleep. And there was still a lot left to do for the little girl she hadn’t said a proper good bye to until now.

Mention of the azalea festival this year cropped up at breakfast when the brunette was least expecting it. As Kit casually mentioned their travelling plans, Azalea screwed up her nose at the coffee that had decided to go up her nose instead of down her throat. As Clara discreetly passed her tissues, Kit rolled his eyes, taking the opportunity to tell Jake what a baby his daughter was when it came to the festival.

But that year, Azalea didn’t argue. No one asked her why Jake wouldn’t go, to her relief. Nor did she and Jake discuss it because there was nothing to discuss. Clara merely raised an eyebrow one morning as Azalea walked down to the laundry room to hand her a stack of letters addressed to various people but again refrained from asking questions. Her misfit family was good like that, something that made Azalea equal parts glad and guilty because no matter how much she wished she was that type of girl, the type who could confess all her feelings to her father and godmother, it could never happen. By now, they had made their peace with it too.

Over the next few days, Azalea made sure to keep the mail she received safely locked in her dresser, afraid that if Jake found out what she was up to… she wasn’t sure exactly what she was afraid of but the sense of taboo that followed her these days as she wore the pink armband shadowed her everywhere. It was as if the piece of cloth knew its time on her body was numbered and clung all the harder for it. Or maybe Azalea was associating everything with her own current condition, how she clung to Jake most nights for fear that the 20th of August would sneak up on her too fast, that he would leave without a goodbye.

That like Victoria, he’d never come back.

The morning of the thirteenth, the day they were to leave for the festival, Jake woke Azalea up gently, reminding her that he was going to be out for his daily run. The witch mumbled a brief Happy Birthday before letting him leave for the beach and turned over to sleep for another hour peacefully before bright sunlight assaulted her room and Kit and Clara decided to jump on her bed with loud bursts of “HAPPY BIRTHDAY AZALEA”. The witch groaned even as Kit cuddled her and Clara kissed her forehead, both her cheeks and then tweaked her nose. It was something of a birthday tradition, the girl supposed, treating her like a five year old. The Nightshade was only glad Jake wasn’t around to witness the spectacle; she didn’t need to mentally prepare herself to answer all the questions he was too polite to ask.

Like did the Harringtons ever get sick of playing happy family?

The witch was freshly showered and changed when Jake returned, sweaty from his run and pretending to chase her for a hug. As Azalea squealed and shot down the stairs, the boy disappeared for his own shower, only coming downstairs as Azalea and Kit and all their bags were getting ready to apperate. The girl kissed him lightly on the cheek before telling him that he might find a surprise if he were to look under their bed. Leaving him with a confused look, both father and daughter waved to Jake and Clara before disappearing on the spot.

Truth be told, Azalea wasn’t sure how many people would show up for what she had planned. She had written to everyone she thought would be interested, everyone who had known Victoria on some level and had mourned for the girl’s death. So when she saw every single person she had written to waiting at the crowded little train station in Alabama, a bright smile lit up her face.

“Who are all those girls in pink?” Kit inquired, an eyebrow raised at his daughter who looked as if she had seen the best thing in the entire world.

“These are my friends Daddy, I called them over for moral support this year.”

“What?”

“Yup, I’m going to do what you’ve been asking me to do for the last eleven years, I’ll take part in the princess azalea pageant.”

A surprised frown crossed Kit’s face and didn’t leave it until Azalea was up on stage, standing nervously between Sadie and Luce as Katherine stood behind her, holding her left hand discreetly between the folds of their collective pink dresses. Even Adamina seemed to be slightly nervous as the host announced what a pity it was that the lovely ladies in pink were not running for a title but as a tribute to a little girl who was no longer among them. This was her dad’s cue to start the slideshow, loaded with pictures of Victoria as a baby, Victoria as a child running towards Jake, Victoria after her surgery in a wheelchair, smiling even as Chloe knelt beside her, adjusting her leg straps. Victoria’s first day of school, her wheelchair guided expertly by James leading the new Wormwood to their dorms, Victoria and Azalea dancing in the studio, Victoria with James, Victoria in study hall, Victoria with Jake, Victoria, Victoria, Victoria…

Azalea wasn’t even sure when the tears had started. All she knew was that she wasn’t the only one with damp eyes. Some were more graceful about it but Sadie wept openly as did Athena. When the slide show was over, quiet applause broke out, respectful applause instead of open cheering as Azalea stepped forwards to do the most difficult thing she had had to do until now.

“Last Christmas… we lost the best person to ever exist in this world. Victoria Newbury was… is… the kindness, comfort, the happiness we spend all our lives searching for. She represents everything good in this world and she will do so forever. For whenever someone in this world will perform a good deed without seeking reward, whenever someone will smile at a stranger just because, whenever someone will extend a hand of friendship to anyone in need, they will display qualities Victoria was made up of…” The witch paused, brushing a stray tear off her cheek before continuing. “She was at the festival last year and she had the most fun, she made plans to wear a pink dress and compete for the crown of the azalea princess. And though she can’t be physically here today, we’d just like to tell her that she is our princess, now and always.” The brunette took a steadying breath before gently releasing her hand from Katherine’s and reaching up to undo the pink armband under her sleeve. Quietly, all the girls who had agreed to be here removed similar bands strapped to their right forearms.

And as one, the half a dozen girls released the scraps of pink into the wind, leaving them to fly free and land wherever they wished, finally letting go of the presence that was Victoria Newbury in their lives.

“You did a good thing today, kiddo,” Kit told her once the ceremony was over and people were heading back to their rented accommodations for the weekend. “And I’m not the only one who thinks so.” Lifting her chin gently with a finger, Kit directed her gaze to the huge archway blooming with azaleas that marked the entrance of the festival. At first, the girl wasn’t sure what she was supposed to be looking at and then her eyes landed on Mr. and Mrs. Newbury, Alexis holding out her arms for Azalea as Henry merely smiled.

Later that night, the Harringtons and the Newburies talked quietly over dinner, Azalea reassuring them that Jake was fine and thanking them for agreeing to send over all of Victoria’s pictures and videos for the tribute. Jake’s parents in turned tried to thank her for her efforts but Azalea wouldn’t hear a word of it. Victoria had been her little sister too, it was the least she could do. As the couple bid them goodbye, Alexis pulling her in a hug, Azalea once against sensed the maternal warmth she associated with Clara from the woman.

Sunday morning downed sunny and bright, and for the first time since last December, the thought of Victoria no longer hurt. Azalea went to the station to bid her friends farewell, all taking different means of transportation back to their respective destinations as Kit stayed behind to wrap up his own equipment. By two in the afternoon, they were all ready to apperate when Azalea reminded him that she needed to make a quick stop in Mexico to catch up with Scarlett. Her dad agreed as usual, sending her with pre approved portkey as he made his own way back home. For someone who liked being around his daughter, Kit had the magical ability to know when Azalea needed her space.

The girl arrived home after sunset, tired and weary but with a soft smile of her lips, clad in her short pink summer dress. Azalea hadn’t worn anything but pink the entire weekend as a tribute to the girl who was unaware of other colours in the world and from now it, it was looking likely that the colour would make an appearance – albeit rarely – in her otherwise drab closet. As she stepped into the house to greet Kit and then Jake while Clara did her usual banging around in the kitchen, the girl didn’t care for once if anyone asked questions, because at that moment, Azalea was not afraid of answering honestly. Victoria’s final gift to her was courage, to face whatever lay ahead.

With a pink dress on her body and a smile on her lips.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 6:29 pm

Azalea Harrington’s Timeline

Salem Seventh Year (2010/2011)

Hogwarts

Lugarmago

Classes

Timothy “Tim” Andora

Summer 2011

Last edited by Azalea Harrington on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lucelia Tsahara
Unsorted
Lucelia Tsahara

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 6:17 pm

Azalea Harrington  Azalea10

((OOC: I was feeling weird when I made this idk sorry<3))

Dear Luce,

I'm so glad you wrote to me and my only regret is not writing to you first. Why is it that we get so distracted by life that we can't take a minute to remind our friends that we're still there for them? I don't know Lucelia but lately I've learned that life is short and we should say everything we've ever thought of saying before it's too late...

I owe you an apology, Luce, I'm well aware of that. I couldn't make it to Angelo's funeral because I had to be with Jake at the hospital. He's recovering slowly but surely and it still makes me uneasy leaving him on his own. But I should have come for Angelo's...

But even if I didn't, I owe you the truth of his death. He died protecting me, Luce. There was fire everywhere inside the school and a beam came crashing down on me. It would have killed me had he not swept me up and flow towards the roof. He was and always will remain a hero. He helped evacuate all the kids in his house and then saved even more lives. But as he was flying with me, we were caught up in a massive explosion and I thought I was dead but he shielded me with his wings, and sacrificed himself in the process.

I never wanted it that way Lucelia, and perhaps that's why I've been putting off writing to you. I know I bear most of the responsibility for your unhappiness but my only defense is that I didn't mean any of it.

I also owe it to you to deliver Angelo's last words to you. He said, no, he made me promise to tell you that he loved you. You say you never got the chance to tell him but I think he knew, Luce. He knew and reciprocated the feelings entirely because you were his last wish, the name on his last breath. I didn't think such strong emotions existed until I saw him mention you. He was the bravest person I knew and that night, amid the bloodshed and fire and curses, the only fear I saw n his eyes was that of losing you.

Angelo and I were dance partners and friends so its a given that we talked a fair bit. He liked talking about your artistic nature, how you were not only full of colors but that you gave colors new meanings. When he thought he was hiding behind he metaphorical doors of incomprehensible philosophy, or that I wasn't paying particular attention, he spoke of how you made things mean more to him on both the earth and in the skies. He called you his heaven on earth, didn't he? I remember him mentioning the Spanish word and asking him what it meant. He wouldn't tell me so i looked it up in a dictionary.

I understand if you'd never want to speak to me again, I truly would. But I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. This life is too short to not forgive, Lucelia. Especially in these times when we don't know where we'll be a week from now.

Regardless of what you decide towards me though, Luce please never change who you are. I know you don't see any colors right now and things look their bleakest but you are an amazing, radiant person who spreads joy and life wherever she goes. That is what Angelo adored about you, your ability to touch hearts and bring color into people's lives. Never change that. I know the sadness of losing him will stay on but don't sloe yourself too, sweetie. You owe it to Angelo to go on in life and accomplish your dreams.

Yours always
Azalea
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 1:49 pm

N.E.W.T. Results

ArithmancyOutstanding
Care of Magical CreaturesOutstanding
CharmsOutstanding
Defence Against the Dark ArtsExceeds Expectations
HerbologyOutstanding
History of MagicOutstanding
PotionsOutstanding
Runes StudiesOutstanding
TransfigurationExceeds Expectations
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 12:43 am

Azalea Harrington’s Timeline
2011/2012

Vanessa Sheridan

Last edited by Azalea Harrington on Thu May 01, 2014 8:12 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 4:40 am

The Journal of Azalea V. Harrington
24th October, 2011

Hi Jake,

When you first suggested writing a note to tell you all the things I could never tell you, I knew it would be no easy task. I don’t think there’s enough parchment or ink in the world for me to tell you all the things I want to say to you but I will try anyway. Because there is nothing I wouldn’t do for you.

I know you won’t concede it, or you might but you still won’t believe it in your heart of hearts but you have been very fortunate for the most part in your life. You have parents who adore you, a sister who can’t get enough of you and friends who both admire you and are in awe of you. In short, you know where you come from, where you’re going in life and what you want out of it. You have a home you can always return to, people who are your own and a sense of security that you belong somewhere.

I had none of that growing up. I don’t know if what I felt for almost all my life is justified or not – and I would hate to think that my feeling this way would call dad’s upbringing into question, he tried, he really did – but I do. All my life I felt I was being tossed around like a stray leaf in the wind. I had no home, no place or people I truly belonged to. Dad and Clara, amazing as they are, are still just the people who took pity on a helpless five year old no one wanted. I had made my piece with the fact that I would spend all of my life feeling like the cast off, the unwanted that could only survive on the sympathy of others. I was ready to deal with it all.

And then I met you, and that feeling stopped.

I don’t know when, confused about how as well. But somehow, you gave me the one thing I was sure I could never have, the feeling of belonging somewhere. When I look at myself now, I still see the little girl from my nightmares years ago but now, there’s hope in her eyes. She doesn’t wait in fear in the park of azaleas, she waits in hope. Because she knows that someone is coming to get her.

I wish I could write well, make use of all the literary devices out there to explain what I felt the moment they declared you Man of the Match at your International Debut. But sadly, you are dating a dry Herbologist, not a wordsmith or poet. So I can only say how incredibly proud I was of you at that moment, how incredibly proud I am of you every single day for all that you do.

Success is measured by achievements, achievements measured by trophies, wealth, social status. I don’t know what unit can possibly be used to measure how much you mean to me so I won’t try, just say that you deserve every success in life. I will likely never be able to say the words to you but writing them down makes me feel better. Maybe one day, I will do the impossible and finish this note, present it to you. But that will be a long time coming and for now, I’m happy just writing.

Only yours
Azalea
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptyMon May 05, 2014 6:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  EmptyWed May 28, 2014 2:23 am

Character Notes VII

“Azalea, take a seat, please.”

Just the way Healer Derwent said the short phrase made the young witch raise an inquisitive eyebrow. Today’s trip had not been anything out of the ordinary. In fact, everything so far had been completely ordinary, a price Azalea was all too happy to pay in exchange for keeping her research on the down low for the moment. Yes, the paperwork had been signed weeks ago, somehow resulting in more and more trips to the hospital to look through patient files and suggest early test subjects. The team of Healers Azalea was set to work with were a mixed bag but nothing the Herbologist wasn’t used to at the workplace. In fact, so far this whole thing didn’t feel as groundbreaking as Healer Derwent had first assured Azalea it was.

But something had gone wrong today, it was clear in the way the older witch told her to take a seat instead of wishing her a hurried goodbye and running off to whatever it was she did at the hospital.

“Did... one of the test subjects react badly to the insemination?” Azalea asked hesitantly, lowering herself into the chair opposite the healer, ankles crossed tightly in worry. Jake had said the procedure would work. He had faith in it helping everyone, not just Victoria. “Did the team follow the instructions, I knew it was too early to attempt a different test subject, cells can’t be grown magically, they need to be made from scratch, the strength and energy will deplete if artificial-“

“Azalea, it’s not about that,” the other witch halted her with a kind smile, another gesture that sent prickles of unease shooting up and down the young woman’s spine. Why was she trying to be kind, was something even more wrong than Azalea had originally anticipated.

The healer cleared her throat, reaching for a file in front of her and making Azalea cross her ankles even tighter. Anything that required a file was generally bad news and for some reason, her body had decided that occupying the smallest space possible on her seat would make the news less dire. The feeling in the pit of her stomach could only be foreshowing, the Nightshade Head reflected, watching Healer Derwent flick through a few pages.

“Well, this is highly irregular since it should be the OBGYN telling you and not me,” the silver haired woman began, reaching up to remove her gold framed glasses from her temple. “But because Healer Jordan thought it might sound better coming from me… The results of your body scan came in yesterday.”

“Oh,” the breath Azalea let out was one of pure relief, sinking back into her chair as she felt the blood began to flow in her legs once more. “Don’t worry about the chlorophyll, this is why I said I didn’t need the test, Madame Hart’s been doing my tests for years.”

This time, it was the healer’s turn to raise an eyebrow. “You mean your regular healer knows about this?”

“Of course,” Azalea replied, daring to smile a little. “She told me it wasn’t good and that eventually it would play havoc with my system. But I’m perfectly healthy. I dance, I do cardio, I like extreme sports, I’ve never been out of breath,” the Herbologist rattled off, her posture growing more relaxed by the second. “Madame Hart kept me on strict watch the first few years but when she saw that the plant DNA wasn’t really haltering any other human functions… Yeah.”

“And the cell damage?” Healer Derwent’s tone was more interested than concern now, a fact that greatly lifted Azalea’s mood.

“Oh those, yes I found a way to enable somatic healing a while back. They would have only found evidence of damaged cells, not the damaged cells itself,” Azalea confirmed, making the older woman nod as she flicked through more pages.

“And I assume your… boyfriend knows about this, not that it’s any of my business.”

“You’re right Ma’am, it isn’t your business.”

The blunt response made the healer snap her file shut as she got to her feet. Perhaps it had been a tad rude on Azalea’s part but no stranger was going to pry into her and Jake’s life, especially not this cold, calculating and uninterested healer.

“You’re right, my apologies,” the silver haired witch managed, getting to her feet. “Besides, when the time comes, I’m sure you two will have no problem with whichever adoption agency you choose. You’re both professional, educated adults and any parents would be happy to let you adopt their children.”

Azalea had taken the queue from the healer and reached for her purse when the words hit her with full force. “A-Adopt..?”

“Oh, I assumed that’s what you two would do when… whenever you’re ready to start a family.”

“And what would give you that idea?” the brunette asked coldly.

“So you weren’t planning on having any children?”

“I’m afraid I don’t follow Healer Derwent,” Azalea questioned, brown eyes scanning the other witch’s face for any indication of what was coming. Instead of a hurried explanation and a rushed goodbye, Azalea saw something that turned her stomach once more. The expression of kindness and sympathy was back. And now Healer Derwent was sting down once again.

Don’t reach for the file, please don’t reach for the file, the former Nightshade begged silently as, predictably, Healer Derwent reached for the bloody file.

“Azalea, you said your healer was aware of the… mutations in your body? Surely she discussed the ramifications of… such things?” Just by the question, Azalea could tell this woman knew, she knew Madame Hart had discussed no such things. If she had, Azalea wouldn’t be here, being patronized by this loathsome woman.

But instead of saying all that, the brunette simply shook her head, indicating a firm no.

“Azalea these are,” and there was the file again, opened to scans of her body, diagrams highlighted in colors and notes and things that were slowly starting to blur. Azalea was aware the healer was talking but for the lie of her she couldn’t figure out the words. How could this be? How could she not understand medical terms she had mastered long ago? Why were words like “unable to” and “sterile” and “inhospitable environment” being used to describe her?

“Azalea, do you want me to walk you through this again?”

I want my daddy, Azalea wanted to blurt out but she couldn’t talk, it was like the very first meting all over again except this time… This time… She had to say something, a nod, should she nod? The witch nodded, launching the healer into another explanation of what was going on in her body as they spoke. This time, Azalea tuned her out better, was better able to focus on the gravity of the big words instead of the big words themselves.

“My dear, you can produce flowers, not children,” Healer Derwent’s kindness was going to prove deadly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Azalea Harrington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azalea Harrington    Azalea Harrington  Empty

Back to top Go down

Azalea Harrington
Page 1 of 1