Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Late Night Snack (Alexander)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Newton McGregor
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Newton McGregor

Late Night Snack (Alexander) Empty
PostSubject: Late Night Snack (Alexander)   Late Night Snack (Alexander) EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 4:50 pm

Newt rarely got hungry after dinner. Usually, the dinner at Hogwarts filled him up until lunch the next day. But, tonight was different. He woke up in the middle of the night, made his bed, and made sure none of his roommates were awake. Then, he put his robe on, put on his shoes, and made his way out of the Gryffindor Common Room? "Which staiwcase will take me to the kitchens?" he whispered to himself as he walked down a staircase that looked like it could lead him to the floor below him.

Sooner or later, Newt found himself near the kitchens, and the barrels that led to the Hufflepuff Common Room. He walked inside the kitchens and found the house elves making delicious goodies, like pastries, and cake. "May I have a slice of that chocolate cake, and a stwawberry milkshake?" he asked the house elves. They knew that  he pronounced his r's as w's so they got him exactly what he asked for.

He sat down, and enjoyed his sweet treat, keeping a look out for a Slytherin or Hufflepuff prefect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Snack (Alexander)   Late Night Snack (Alexander) EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 5:05 pm

Alexander was not a boy for rules. In fact, he hated rules. The Cavendish household had very few, the main one being 'don't play with the Muggles'. Which, in Alexander's opinion was probably the worst. What was the point in having magic if you couldn't lure the idiots in to a false sense of security?

He never hurt them, at least, not permanently, he just liked to see how they reacted.

This evening, Alexander couldn't sleep, he hadn't been out training for his various sports, so his muscles didn't have the ache he so enjoyed. Which, was a little troubling, but he would get over it. Heading through the corridors, Alexander noted a Gryffindor. A lion in the serpents den, how bold.

Or stupid, as most Gryffindors were...

Following him to the kitchens, Alexander had slipped in in time to hear the boy ask for a 'stwawberry' milkshake. Raising his eyebrow slightly at that, Alexander simply waited for his presence to be noticed. "Didn't you go to finishing school?" He asked the boy with a raised eyebrow, speech impediments were not something he was used to, education was key in his society, so this, was something very confusing.
Back to top Go down
Newton McGregor
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Newton McGregor

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Snack (Alexander)   Late Night Snack (Alexander) EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 5:59 pm

"Didn't you go to finishing school?"

Newt turned around to see a Slytherin boy standing in the kitchen. Of course, he had to make a remark on his speech impediment, which he disliked, but every person he met made a comment on it. " Yes I did. It's a speech impediment." he stated as he took another bite of his cake. He decided to keep silent until the boy spoke again. Anything friendly might set him off, and Newt didn't have a death wish, so he continued to eat his cake, and act normal. Even though he wasn't.

He took a sip of his strawberry milkshake, put the glass next to him, and looked at the boy for a second. Average Slytherin. Slytherins were basically people who could talk but couldn't back it up. They were cowards. Complete cowards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Snack (Alexander)   Late Night Snack (Alexander) EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 5:10 am

" Yes I did. It's a speech impediment."

Alexander couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at that. He knew what a speech impediment was when he saw it. It just never happened around him. "I can very well see that." Alexander drawled, motioning for a House Elf to come over. "A glass of water." He commanded the elf, looking back at the Gryffindor who was eating his snacks and not speaking.

"Didn't your parents put you in speech therapy?" Alexander asked, lifting himself to sit on the side. "I mean, it's curable." He added. They were, if Alexander guessed correctly about the same age. Whilst the kid had a speech impediment, Alexander wasn't overly critical, inquisitive in nature, but not critical.

Unless given cause, then he could bring the house down on top of someone very, very quickly.
Back to top Go down
Newton McGregor
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Newton McGregor

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Snack (Alexander)   Late Night Snack (Alexander) EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 9:44 am

"Didn't your parents put you in speech therapy?"

"Yes, they did, but that was befowe I got sent here, so now I only do it over bweaks." He took another sip of his strawberry milkshake. The Slytherin boy was somewhat better than Slytherins he had encountered over his 4 years of being here, but he still was a bit curious, since he had just met the boy. But, he didn't dislike him, yet.

His sea blue eyes looked at the muscular boy, who could be in his year, with his glass of water. What if he was one of those pure-blood supremacists he learned about? What if he was trying to learn a lot about him so he could give it to his parents and they would go after him and his family? Questions floated through his mind as he continued to eat his cake.

Newt was ready for whatever happened here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Snack (Alexander)   Late Night Snack (Alexander) EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 10:05 am

Alexander listened to the explanation that he could only do it in the breaks, which sounded plausible enough, though he was sure Hogwarts could put that on for the boy. However, the Cavendish heir was more interested in other things, a speech impediment was not exactly exciting. Annoying, yes, but that was neither here nor there.

"I'm Alexander, by the way, Alexander Cavendish. Who are you?" He asked. Alexander asked a lot of questions, and expected answers. You didn't have to have a bookish thirst of knowledge to get by in the world, you could learn by other means, which is why he never relied on books.

"Also, you do know the kitchen is off limits to everyone?" He added, taking a deep drink from his glass.
Back to top Go down
Newton McGregor
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Newton McGregor

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Snack (Alexander)   Late Night Snack (Alexander) EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 2:29 pm

"I'm Alexander, by the way, Alexander Cavendish. Who are you?"

"I'm Newton McGwegor. Nice to meet you Alexander." He smiled a bit, and took another sip of his milkshake. It was getting later into the night, soon people would be waking up, but leaving Alexander alone was impolite.

"Also, you do know the kitchen is off limits to everyone?"

"Oh, it is? Well, some wules awe meant to be bwoken." Newton was a bit mischievous after all. He was a huge prankster, and wasn't going to hide it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Snack (Alexander)   Late Night Snack (Alexander) EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 7:24 am

"I'm Newton McGwegor. Nice to meet you Alexander."

Alexander couldn't help but get a small, wry smile at the fact the boy before him couldn't even say his name properly, but he didn't call him out on that. That would be a little bit too mean, even for the boy who was known for not being overly nice of the less fortunate. Still, the boy didn't seem so bad, a speech impediment could be fixed.

But the second comment was interesting to the Slytherin. Breaking the rules was indeed fun, but he wasn't sure that the boy before him was capable of some of the things Alexander liked to do. He could work that out though...

"You like rule breaking? What have you done in the past? I mean, heading in to the kitchen isn't that bad a rule to break, but you sound like you have done, or want to do, other things." Alexander prompted, still genuinely inquisitive in to what the Gryffindor liked doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Snack (Alexander)   Late Night Snack (Alexander) Empty

Back to top Go down

Late Night Snack (Alexander)
Page 1 of 1