Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's Been Quite a While (Tess)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

It's Been Quite a While (Tess) Empty
PostSubject: It's Been Quite a While (Tess)   It's Been Quite a While (Tess) EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 1:32 am

Violet had finished her homework with ease, and grew sick of seeing the Hufflepuff common room. Evidently, she didn't belong there, but made no complaints. It was fun, being able to fool people into thinking she was the stereotype, even though she was far from it. She looked innocent enough even without her yellow, badger-ridden robes. But she felt like a solitary walk, getting away from the useless buzz and gossip of the school.

As she walked, the crowds thinned considerably, with most persons congregating in courtyards, or their own common rooms. It was almost curfew, and not many students risked going out to the Black Lake so close, but Violet didn't care.

She saw however, one older student, whom she remembered conversing with in the Forbidden Forest, as a first year, seated against a tree by the lake. She had to admit to herself, that the girl wasn't as intolerable as most of the other students in the school, with much reluctance. She decided to walk over to her "Head Girl should know better, it's almost curfew," she stated flatly.
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: It's Been Quite a While (Tess)   It's Been Quite a While (Tess) EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 1:47 am

Tess took advantage of every second she could to relax. She found the usual spot away from little kids screaming and running like little creatures and took comfort in the silence. She sat at the edge of the lake, her calves submerged in the lake as she swung her legs comfortably. She missed the warmth that came with this summer, and was sad to see it go so soon. It was colder, but her body wasn't phased by it just yet, already used to the cold temperatures.

"Head Girl should know better, it's almost curfew," she stated flatly.

Tess' peace was interrupted by a third year Hufflepuff. She looked at the girl cooly as she went through the mental files in her mind to find the name. Rolling her eyes at the comment, she leaned back and smirked.

"Head Girl doesn't have a curfew, Hufflepuff. Shouldn't you be already tucked in sharing stories in your happy house?"
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: It's Been Quite a While (Tess)   It's Been Quite a While (Tess) EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 2:04 am

"Head Girl doesn't have a curfew, Hufflepuff. Shouldn't you be already tucked in sharing stories in your happy house?"

She raised an eyebrow at Tess' comment "Touché," she nodded a little bit "Though I tend to think of the curfew-correction-any rule in general as more of a guideline, rather than necessity," she said, deciding to sit down, crossing her legs "How boring life would be if we all followed rules to the exact word," she mused, though her tone remained the same flat, monotone it always is. "And if you ask me, my house is a little too happy for any sane person's liking," she added bitterly.
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: It's Been Quite a While (Tess)   It's Been Quite a While (Tess) EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 2:30 am

Tess' remark seemed to remind Violet exactly who she was socializing with. She thought of herself to be more than a pretty face; those small smiles, shy glances and small talk was nice she supposed, but once her personal area, her private time was interrupted, it seemed to always rub her the wrong way. It made her tongue sharper and her nonchalance grow.

"Though I tend to think of the curfew-correction-any rule in general as more of a guideline, rather than necessity,"

She couldn't help but snort at her comment. Yes she should be the enforcer in all of this situation but she supposed she liked the girl. She was rough and blunt and definitely better than that badge that she was given. She didn't let her get in trouble, at least not today because she reminded her of a rougher edge that Tess once thought she had and let it go. Over sentiment, how disgusting.

"And if you ask me, my house is a little too happy for any sane person's liking,"

"Hm..don't you all love lollies and rainbows, peace and love, with hugs and happiness"

She shuddered at the thought. She knew that as a Slytherin there was always a tension between Gryffindor and her house, but Hufflepuff was a mystery to her, they all looked so cute and shy and so happy. What was there to be happy about all the time?

"How is it? Living in camp happy day in and out?"
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: It's Been Quite a While (Tess)   It's Been Quite a While (Tess) EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 7:34 am

"Hm..don't you all love lollies and rainbows, peace and love, with hugs and happiness"

She snorted "You forgot the cake and sugar and smiles part of it all," she said bitterly. Truth be told, it wasn't so bad when they left her alone for the most part, but the atmosphere was certainly not her scene. Though, she'd had to push them away quite a bit at first. They were too damn caring.

"How is it? Living in camp happy day in and out?"

"It's okay as long as they don't talk, look or breathe near me," she replied "And for you, how is it living as a snake?" she inquired, though her tone remained her flat, usual tone, she did mean it as a question.
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: It's Been Quite a While (Tess)   It's Been Quite a While (Tess) EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 12:23 am

Tess chuckled at the younger girl's comment and sighed. It was a shame that Violet was in the house, but despite it she did enjoy the banter. Shame, she was so young.

"You forgot the cake and sugar and smiles part of it all,"

"And for you, how is it living as a snake?"

"Sounds delicious" she mocked.

She couldn't ever see herself being more than a Slytherin. Soon the year would end and she would be out to her real life, but at Hogwarts, there was no other house that spoke to her other than her own. It was her element, it spoke to her, it made her feel...at home.

"I have to admit, in my younger years I loathed being just lumped with a group of people. Trust me there are idiots everywhere, no matter what house you ended up in. But, how it being my last year made me realize it wasn't as painful as I once thought. In fact it helped me get what I wanted to a certain degree. You have what...four more years to go? Time tends to fly by"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Been Quite a While (Tess)   It's Been Quite a While (Tess) Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Been Quite a While (Tess)
Page 1 of 1