Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Summer Plans (Victoria)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Summer Plans (Victoria) Empty
PostSubject: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 4:17 am

Summer Plans (Victoria) Baragwainaith-cottage
The Walters' House

Hey Victoria!

How are you? I hope that you are doing okay after what happened at the ball. I'm sorry I didn't write for so long, Brooke said to give you time to get over the incident. I'm not sure what that means...

Anyway, it's been a month since the start of the holidays and I was wondering if you had any plans. I know we talked about visiting each other before. I wanted to ask, do you want to come down to Cornwall, England and spend a few nights at my place? My dad and mum say it's okay with them and they want to meet you.

There will be lots to do. There is a lake next to my house and we can go swimming if you like. Or we can go down to the shops. Or the forest next to my house. I hope to hear from you soon!

Love,
Tristan.

Excitedly, Tristan tied the envelope to the leg of his owl and watched it fly away. He knew it would take a few days for her to get it, and he wasn't sure if she would reply, but he was hopeful anyway. Merlin knew why he decided to sign with 'love', because that was just not something he did, but for some reason, it had felt right. Now all he had to do was wait for a reply.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 4:38 am

The holidays... had not been pleasant for Victoria, she had had to give up the notion of sitting her exams early because quite honestly, she couldn't sleep, and she couldn't concentrate on her books like she had. Her parents were growing more worried with each day that passed, and she could feel the tension at dinner. She'd tried, so very hard, but the more days that passed meant the closer she was getting to going back to Salem.

A thought that truly terrified her.

But when an owl had delivered a note in a handwriting Victoria knew all too well, a sense of calm seemed to flood all around her. Tristan... There hadn't been any doubt in Victoria's mind when she'd read his note, knowing that she couldn't say no to her friend. After asking her parents if that was okay, she'd written back to him, agreeing wholeheartedly. It had taken another letter to agree dates, and soon enough, Victoria was packing for her three day stay.

Which, even though Victoria tried her best, meant she'd packed half her school books, and wardrobe for the stay. You could never be too sure about the British weather, she'd read. Her daddy had agreed to apparate her to England, and so on the Friday morning, Victoria was positively buzzing with excitement, something that had happened in a while. But she had something to focus on now. Something to take her mind off of things.

Holding on tight to her father as they switched continents, Victoria wondered what kind of place they would be arriving to. But nothing, she realised, would have readied herself for the view that she was faced with. "Wow..." Victoria breathed, trying to look everywhere all at once to take in the view.

"You said it, kiddo." Henry replied next to her, letting out a soft chuckle as Victoria skipped on ahead of him to knock on the door. She smoothed out her dress as she waited for someone to answer, hoping her hair (that was flowing down past her shoulders but kept out of her face with a pink hairband) wasn't out of place. The impression she gave off now was so very important.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 4:57 am

It was the Friday morning that Victoria was supposed to arrive, and he was completely and utterly hyper. Brooke was woken up at 9am by a practically bouncing Tristan, who insisted her help in making sure the house was 'alright'. A semi-reluctant, semi-amused Brooke played along, moving from room to room and humouring his questions. Finally, an hour later, they sat in the kitchen eating breakfast, while he continued to bombard her with his ideas of what he and Victoria could do.

At noon, Tristan moved to the living room with his sister, trying to be patient, but it was obvious that he was beyond excited for the Wormwood to arrive. He had changed numerous times, from shorts and a t-shirt to track pants, and back to shorts, before finally settling on three-quarter pants. Each change was met with a raised eyebrow from Brooke, who didn't say much but chuckled to herself every time. She wasn't going to tease him, however, because she had pretty much done the same before going on one of her dates with Joe.

When the soft knock on their door was heard, Tristan jumped up from the couch and made for the door, hesitating for a split second before opening it with a smile. Brooke slowly walked over to join him.

"Vic!" he greeted, slightly louder than necessary in his excitement to see her again. "How're you?"

Behind him, Brooke gave him a quiet nudge; in his enthusiasm, he had forgotten to invite his guest in. Picking up on his sister's hinting, he blushed a little, stepping back and added hastily, "Please do come in."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 5:10 am

"Vic!"

Victoria's grin broke out wider as she saw her friend, unsure as to whether she should hug him or not because he looked a little awkward in that moment. Victoria didn't mention it though, knowing that it was probably the excitement that was radiating off herself almost as much as it was radiating off of him. "I'm excited!" Victoria told him with a warm smile. "And you?"

"Please do come in."

Victoria let out a soft giggle at the formality of Tristan in that moment, stepping through the door with her dad just behind. But, she knew he couldn't stay because he had work, so after putting her suitcase in the hallway of the home, he mentioned that he had to go.

Victoria turned to give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek, whispering a soft thank you to him before he left, closing the door behind him. It was in that moment that Victoria noted an older witch was stood with Tristan, Brooke, Victoria remembered the name in passing but hadn't had the opportunity to talk to the girl yet.

"Hi! You must be Brooke, Tristan has told me so much about you!" Victoria greeted, moving to hug the other girl without really thinking of a reason not to. "I'm sorry we're a little bit late, Tristan, daddy lost his tie this morning and so we had to search for it and meant we got late. He'd thrown it in the laundry yesterday by accident!" She explained with a small giggle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 11:45 pm

"I'm excited! And you?"

A grin to match the one on Victoria's face began to form. "I'm really excited, too!" he replied, doing his utmost best to stay still and not start fidgeting. As the suitcase was brought in, he couldn't help but start at the size of it; his whole family were efficient packers, usually taking the bare minimum, and to see such a large suitcase for a three day trip was a new things to him. Still, he didn't say anything about it, although he was curious as to what his friend could have brought with her.

He had just been about to invite who he assumed was Victoria's father inside, when the man left, and, with a tiny shrug, he turned back in time to see Vic greeting Brooke with a hug. The older witch, surprised at this show of affection, hesitated a split second before warmly hugging the girl back. "Hey, Victoria," she said, smiling. "It's nice to meet you. You're all Tristan has been talking about for the past few days!" With a quick wink towards her blushing brother, Brooke made to move back to her room, but paused, and turned back. "Do you need help with your bag? I can bring it to the guest room for you, if you want," she added, noting that it might be too heavy for both Victoria and Tristan to carry without the use of magic, and she wasn't sure if Victoria was of age.

"He'd thrown it in the laundry yesterday by accident!"

Chuckling, Tristan smiled. "It's alright. My dad does that sometimes. You'll get to meet him and my mum later tonight. They're out working at the moment, but they should be back by dinner time." He paused for a few moments before asking, "So, what do you want to do first?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 1:14 pm

"Hey, Victoria," she said, smiling. "It's nice to meet you. You're all Tristan has been talking about for the past few days!"

Victoria's cheeks turned a soft pink at those words, looking sideways to Tristan to see if this was true. The blush on the boy's cheeks hinted that it might be, which made Victoria blush harder. Secretly, she wondered what the boy had been saying, not in the usual girly manner that leapt to the conclusion that it must have been something more complicated, no, it was simply knowledgeable intrigue peaking as to what Tristan thought to be worth discussing.

However, Victoria didn't have time to think about this before Brooke was talking about her bag. Victoria shook her head almost immediately. "I can manage, but thank you!" She replied sweetly. Her dad had put a spell on it to make it a lot lighter than it looked, so she would be okay when it got to that time.

"So, what do you want to do first?"

"I do not mind!" Victoria replied sweetly, looking up at Tristan, who despite being younger than him. "We can do anything you want to! We can go down to the forest, if you want to! It'll be an adventure!" Victoria suggested brightly, looking to Tristan to see if that was okay with him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 5:54 am

Turning slightly, he saw Victoria wearing a similar blush and he sent her an embarrassed smile. As much as he loved his sister, she could be rather cheeky at times, liking to tease him about whatever she could. Of course, he teased her back, about Joe mostly, so they was more or less even.

When Vic said she didn't need the help, Brooke nodded and left with a smile to the both of them. "Have fun. Dinner is at seven, if you are thinking of playing outside," she added over her shoulders as she headed up the stairs. The shut of her door signaled that they were alone.

Tristan listened to her suggestion. "Sure! I've only been there a few times before. There's a treehouse in a clearing; Brooke showed it to me the last time. She said she goes there for quiet. I might be able to find our way back there, if you want. We can have a mini picnic?" he inquired, knowing that dinner was still a few hours away. He waited for her answer with an excited smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 3:59 am

Victoria smiled after Brooke, deciding she liked Tristan's older sister very much. They were both very nice people, and she most certainly was going to have fun around both of them, she hoped. Dinner was later than Victoria was used to, but she didn't mind, she wouldn't bring that to attention, she didn't eat too much anyway.

But those thoughts were put to the back of her mind when Tristan started to explain that there was a treehouse in the forest somewhere. "I think that sounds great!" Victoria replied happily, nodding encouragingly at the notion of getting a small picnic. "I think food will be a good idea! Just in case we get lost for a little bit!" She agreed, though she hoped they didn't get lost, the treehouse sounded like an amazing place to go.

"Do you want me to come help you get some food ready?" She asked softly, not sure if he'd already prepared something on the off chance or whether they would need to raid the kitchen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 1:44 am

"I think food will be a good idea! Just in case we get lost for a little bit!"

He chuckled, shaking his head. "We won't get lost," he assured her. "I don't get lost easy. I can't promise I'll find the tree house, but we won't get lost." Already he was forming the path in his head, trying to recall the way Brooke had led him. It was in a secluded area, that much he remembered. He could only hope that, once he was in the forest, things would be clearer to him.

"Do you want me to come help you get some food ready?"

"If you want to," he said with a smile. Mentally going through the items they had in their kitchen, he wondered what they could bring along with them. Nothing too heavy, he decided, but nothing boring like fruits, either. Did they have any junk food? He made a mental note to check the pantry once they got there.

Turning towards her so he could lead her to the kitchen, he saw her suitcase beside her and only then did he remember that he was supposed to show her to guest room. "Do you want to put your stuff in your room first?" he asked. "Then we can go and see what food we can gather ?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 2:56 pm

"We won't get lost," he assured her. "I don't get lost easy. I can't promise I'll find the tree house, but we won't get lost."

Victoria smiled up at Tristan, of course he knew his way, she was just taking precautions. But, if he was confident in himself she would back him up one hundred percent. "Okay then, we won't get lost!" Victoria replied happily. When the boy said she could help, Victoria merely smiled, wondering what kind of food the Walters' would have. She wasn't fussy though, so it didn't matter what Tristan chose.

"Do you want to put your stuff in your room first?"

"Sure!" Victoria replied, lifting up her bag quite easily. Her dad had always been wonderful at these spells, making her day to day life easier in the times she wasn't allowed to use magic herself. "I'll follow after you!" Victoria replied, motioning for Tristan to show her where to go. "Then we'll just grab something light and get on our way. What do your parents do for a living?" Victoria asked, finding it slightly peculiar that not one of his parents were at home. But then, she was just vastly lucky in that her mommy had always been around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 7:59 am

"I'll follow after you!"

He nodded and started towards the stairs before remembering what he had always been taught by his parents. Stopping abruptly and turning around to face her, he asked, "Can I help you with your bag?" He held out his hand expectantly; it was only polite to help a guest, especially if it was a female, for his father had often guided him in ways to be a gentleman. Once she let him take her bag - or if she refused his help - he would guide her upstairs to the guest room opposite his.

What do your parents do for a living?"

"My mum's a Healer at St. Mungo's. She's supposed to be off, but there was an emergency and she got called in," he paused, smiling at the memory of her worrying about leaving the three children alone, until Brooke had reminded her that she was legally of age. Still, their mother had left somewhat reluctantly. "My dad works in the Ministry. He's part of the Muggle-Worthy Excuse Committee. I'm not so sure what they do although dad's tried explaining it a few times before."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 12:02 pm

"Can I help you with your bag?"

"No, no. I'm fine!" Victoria replied softly, lifting her bag and following Tristan up to the room she'd be staying in. After putting her bag just inside the door, Victoria motioned for the boy to show her where they were going to next, already getting highly excited for what was going to come.

"My mum's a Healer at St. Mungo's. She's supposed to be off, but there was an emergency and she got called in,"

Victoria nodded at this information. "Being a Healer is a very good job, but it's understandable that you're always on call. Kind of like the Auror squad really, isn't it?" Victoria replied happily. She already liked Tristan's mom from that information, being a Healer was a highly respectable job. Tristan's dad, however, Victoria had to work to remember what that meant.

"Oh! That's a cool job! He basically tells Muggles that small things are normal in their world. Like small magical accidents. The bigger ones are a different area. But it's still a cool job. Though... it does mean your dad lies for a living." Victoria explained, not really sure if that was a settling thought or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 9:51 am

He guided her to her room and waited as she left her bag there. Leading her back downstairs, he entered the kitchen and went straight to their walk-in pantry. Grabbing a random picnic basket from the side of the door, he headed past the fruits, vegetables, and other unappetizing things towards the junk-food section, making sure Victoria was right behind him. He looked towards her and motioned towards the shelves of sweets, chocolate, and crisps before him, indicating she should pick whatever she wanted with a smile. It was his favourite part of the entire kitchen, holding, in his eyes, the most important things.

"Kind of like the Auror squad really, isn't it?"

"I think so," he said, shrugging slightly. He didn't know much about wizarding positions - he was still learning - but he did know that was what Brooke wanted to do. If it made her happy, then he didn't really care what they did, although the latest happenings with Salem had made him reconsider his stand; he had not realized how dangerous a job like that would be, and it made him worry about his sister despite the fact that she wasn't even in training yet.

"Though... it does mean your dad lies for a living."

Listening to her explanation, he grinned at his friend. "That sound like fun," he admitted. He always did enjoy coming up with stories, seeing how much he could make people believe, although he never did anything bad. Or, at least, not any more. "I guess it's better to lie than to have Muggles finding out about us," he added, suddenly realizing that her last statement had not been one of fondness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 3:21 pm

Victoria followed Tristan happily, knowing they were getting food now. However, when the boy walked straight past the fruit, Victoria had wondered what he was planning on eating. That question, however, was answered only a few moments later when Tristan moved to a whole host of junk food and looked at her expectantly. "Do you think your parents would mind if I have some of the fruit? I don't each much chocolate..." Victoria asked, hoping Tristan wouldn't think she was weird.

But it was necessary when you were a dancer, to keep your body in shape the best way you could.

"That sound like fun,"

Victoria looked more than a little horrified at that. Truthfulness, in her eyes, was the only thing someone always had to be. The truth was the best thing in the world, and liars... Victoria didn't even want to think about the possibilities. But Tristan somewhat saved himself a moment later. "I guess, but then why should we hide ourselves? I mean, really? Think how much could be achieved if we showed Muggles what we could do? Combining magic with Muggle technology, giving Muggles more protection. The possibilities are endless, really, and yet we shy away because of what happened hundreds of years ago. I... just don't understand why lying is the best thing to do." Victoria explained, giving a small shrug.

"One day, I might be able to change the way the world thinks."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 8:15 am

"Do you think your parents would mind if I have some of the fruit? I don't each much chocolate..."

In his eyes, the discovery of sweets and junk food had been one of the highlights of his new life; he barely touched fruits, having eaten a lot of half-rotting ones on the streets, but he knew some people enjoyed them. He would just never be one of those people. "They won't mind. You can have anything you want," he said to Victoria, moving over to allow her to put her selection in the basket. On his way, he grabbed some Muggle potato chips he had grown addicted to. Victoria could eat what she liked - he honestly didn't mind what - but in no way was he going to share her healthy options.

"I... just don't understand why lying is the best thing to do."

He shrugged, only half-understanding what the witch before him was saying. "I guess. I don't really understand much of it, but Brooke did try explaining it to me before. She said something about progress being slow, whatever that meant." He smiled, nodding at her last statement. "I think you could," he said honestly.

After they had taken everything they needed, he led her out of the pantry, shutting the door behind them; the lights would go off automatically. Leaving by the side door of the kitchen, the fresh air greeted him as he stepped out onto their veranda, holding the door open behind him for Vic. "The path is over that way," he explained, pointing to an opening in the trees that lay a short distance before them, marked by a path of dirt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 5:38 am

Once told that his parents wouldn't min, Victoria selected an apple and an orange. That would be more than enough to see her through until dinner time. Putting them in to the basket, Victoria watched Tristan pick out what he wanted and then they were heading back through the house to the front door.

"Oh, I'm pretty sure I could, it's doable, but it won't be without a lot of hard work." Victoria replied, she was never uncertain that things could be done. Looking at her own story, impossible was simply not something she could think of anymore. "I'll just have to wait and see what I can do when I finish school." Victoria added with a small smile, because at the moment, she still wasn't sure what she wanted to do with her life.

"The path is over that way,"

"Let's get going then!" Victoria insisted, taking Tristan's hand without a second thought and pulling him gently towards the forest. She was excited, that was for sure. Exploring was one of her favourite things to do, she just didn't always get the chance to. "I wish I lived so close to a forest, but where I live, we have lakes, so I guess that's just as cool! I will show you one day, if you'd like?" She added, hoping the boy would agree because it would be so much fun. As they reached the treeline, Victoria motioned for him to lead, not letting go of his hand, but not knowing where they were heading now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 10:13 pm

"I'll just have to wait and see what I can do when I finish school."

The confidence of the witch always amazed him, and he couldn't help but believe her words as he returned her smile. "Whatever it is I'm sure you'll do great," he told her truthfully, watching her take some fruits. "Are you sure that's all you want?" Grabbing a large bottle of water, he slipped it into the basket along with two paper cups.

"I will show you one day, if you'd like?"

"T-that sounds good!" he told her, stuttering a little due to the unexpected hand in his; he was not used to anyone beside family holding his hand. Still, it wasn't too bad a feeling, and he found himself trying his hardest not to blush as they neared the trees. Taking the lead, he navigated through the path, making sure Victoria was doing okay. About 10 minutes later, the trees began to lessen, and he knew that meant they were nearing the clearing. True enough, just another minute later, the path branched out into a wide grassy area, in which a single tree stood, a beautiful home-built tree house perched in it.

"Let's go!" he said, moving straight to the staircase and starting up it, one hand carrying the basket, the other still in Victoria's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 4:48 pm

When asked if that was all she wanted, Victoria had simply nodded. She wasn't overly hungry, and this would be more than enough to tide her over. Hopefully Tristan would understand that, and it seemed he did as they headed out the door only a few moments later.

Victoria hadn't noticed the boy beside her had tensed when she'd taken his hand. Why would he tense up, it was simply a friendly gesture - in Victoria's eyes anyway, she didn't know any better. It only took a short while to get to the clearing that Tristan had told her all about, and when they got there, Victoria's mouth had fallen open in surprise.

The treehouse before them was... amazing.

"Let's go!"

"Let's!" Victoria replied, hurrying after him as they climbed the spiral staircases. Victoria never slowed down, she was insanely fit since she'd left her wheelchair, dancing and doing Quidditch in all of her free time to make up for the years she'd been stuck in the chair. Until finally they were at the top and the witch took a moment to take in the scene before them. "This... is spectacular, Tristan! Truly!" She told him most sincerely, waiting for him to open up the treehouse so they could head inside.

She briefly wondered whether there would be any magical extras, but she decided to wait rather than to ask too many questions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 7:41 am

Watching her instead of looking at the tree-house, Tristan grinned to himself as he saw her mouth fall open. That meant that she liked it, and it made him happy to know that he had made the right choice. Leading her up the staircase, he was secretly glad that she did not need to stop to take a breather - he certainly didn't, not with all the running he used to do on the streets; the weak and unfit died, and there was truly only one option for survival. When they reached the top, he smiled at her response, nodding.

"It is," he said softly, gazing out at the scenery. "But you should see the inside! It's amazing!" he added, waiting for her to be done looking out before leading her into the tree-house.

It had indeed been magically enchanted, so that the inside was bigger than the outside, but it was still relatively small. A long, four seater couch sat in the middle, with a few beanbags lying haphazardly around; a fireplace stood tall and proud against one wall, not connected to any floo networks, but also containing magical properties - the fire would not be able to escape and burn down the place, and could be activated with a muggle switch. Moving past this area, he motioned to a ladder leading up to a loft like place. "There's a day bed there. I think Brooke spends some nights here when she wants to be alone," he commented, continuing to walk to a glass door opposite the one they used to enter.

Sliding it open, he gestured for her to walk out, before following behind and placing the basket onto the small wooden table that was there. This second balcony overlooked the other side of the forest, and even held parts of the ocean in the far distance, and it was where the breeze came in. There was also a fireplace here, and a couple of beanbags as well. "I, uh," he started, wondering if she would accept - she seemed satisfied with her fruits - and he hesitated for a moment before deciding to just go with it. "I brought a packet of marshmallows if you want to roast some. H-have you done it before?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans (Victoria)   Summer Plans (Victoria) Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer Plans (Victoria)
Page 1 of 1