Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question time (Josh)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

Question time (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: Question time (Josh)   Question time (Josh) EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 12:02 pm

Since Christmas Louise had been thinking quite a bit, she was starting to get along with Lady Eleanor but that seemed to be annoying her fiancé. There were many things she had yet to understand, despite Miss Sheridan’s more than stellar teaching. She couldn't work out why Josh had just left through dinner, but then again she hadn't known the Murray’s for very long. She knew his parents were separated but the way he acted it was like his parents were annoying house guests in their own home. Perhaps t was best left alone but a nagging feeling had been following her in the weeks after the holidays and was getting harder and harder to ignore. So much so it forced her to break curfew and leave the dungeons, following the pull that she’d been getting used to over the years. She trusted the, was instinct the right word? Instinct then, and followed it to the floors above the dungeons, passing a clock showing the late hour, not so late that even the prefects had to be in bed yet.

When the pull suddenly dropped through her stomach she figured she was on the right floor and rounded the corner, smiling seeing Josh on his patrols. The smile slid into more neutral territory however as the nagging questions sprung up in her head. “Josh a word please?” She asked, but made no move to show she was going anywhere whatever he said. Miss Sheridan had drilled in the stance till Louise had got it right, never be afraid to ask, and don’t take no for an answer if it’s important. She tried not to smile while thinking of the lesson and hoping it’d pay off now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question time (Josh)   Question time (Josh) EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 1:59 am

It become more and more apparent as Josh walked silently around the halls, that some pain in his ass had let the patrol rota slip in to the student's hands. Which was frustrating. It meant wherever he was on duty there was never anyone out of duty. Which made this job more and more boring.

As the Slytherin turned around the corner, a faint echo of footsteps began to get louder. But as they grew louder, they became more and more recognisable. With a soft exhale of breath, Josh turned on his heel just in time to see his fiancé round the corner.

“Josh a word please?”

"Dormitory." Josh replied, looking at her pointedly. Louise knew just as well as he did that she was breaking curfew, and just because she wore his house ring did not mean she was getting privileges from him.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Question time (Josh)   Question time (Josh) EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 5:24 am

"Funny, really but you know what I meant. Louise resisted sighing dramatically and gestured to an unlocked classroom across the hall. "We need to have a talk I think, and if you want me out of your hair just answer quickly and I'll be off with or without points taken off that's up to you." She entered the room but paused by the door to make sure he was following. She had a strange thought that this didn't feel like the other times she'd pestered him for seemingly silly things. 

That was weird but she stayed focused. "Would you mind explaining what had you so irritated during Christmas dinner? I know you're self reliant and all that but if this is going to work..." She gestured between them. "We need to work on your communication skills, you can't act like a kid and run off when things get under your skin that's not how it works. You don't have to tell me too much, just why you felt the need to leave. I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again." She was under the impression it had been her fault, she knew he'd said before his relationship with his mother and father was difficult at best but she still had that niggling thought in her mind that she wasn't good enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question time (Josh)   Question time (Josh) EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 5:34 am

"We need to have a talk I think, and if you want me out of your hair just answer quickly and I'll be off with or without points taken off that's up to you."

At the notion of talking, Josh thought about sending Louise on her way. If she wanted to talk she could easily have found time when they were in the common room. But even as Josh went to open his mouth to tell her to go back to her dormitory, the witch was opening the door to a classroom. Being stubborn in a manner he hadn't seen in Louise before. And for that reason, and that reason alone, Josh moved in to the classroom, taking a seat on the teacher's desk.

At the mention of Christmas, Josh raised his eyebrow. It was now March, Louise really wanted to bring something up that had happened three months ago? At the mention of his communication the boy smirked, that seemed very hypocritical given the amount of time the younger witch had waited to bring this up.

"I spend Christmas alone, Grey. I eat my dinner, and then I leave and spend the day how I want to. My parents not only forced their presence on me, but they were under the impression that they were welcome to play at being a family to." Josh replied, his eyes narrowed as he glared at the desk in the front row as if it had caused him the inconvenience instead of his parents. "I didn't wish to play their games, so I left." He finished, deciding not to elaborate any further than that.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Question time (Josh)   Question time (Josh) EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 7:49 am

The young Slytherin listened, her expression softening a little bit when he outlined his usual Christmas day and sighed a bit when he'd finished. "I see. Perhaps given some time you'll feel a bit differently. I don't expect you to be happy about it right away, that's a fools hope." She stepped around the desk and sat on the edge a bit closer but leaving enough personal space, no sense in pushing too hard too quickly, that's why she left it so long before talking to him about it, she had half a hope he'd come to her to talk but that wasn't' going to happen anytime soon. 

"I'm very family oriented, I am sorry you haven't had that experience before. It's not so bad, and people can change. I wont ask you to try but maybe to just think about it  a little. I'm not expecting miracles here but I just wanted you to know you can talk to me. Even if I don't fully understand you sometimes." She offered a small smile. "That's what a good wife does isn't it?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question time (Josh)   Question time (Josh) EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 8:04 am

Feel differently? Josh shook his head almost instantly at the idea. Why did the witch think that he would feel differently about something he liked? Solitude on Christmas Day was much more enticing than having his family around him. But then, Josh had to remember Louise was weak. She needed interaction, affection, family. Shame that she was going to end up with the iciest family in the country.

As the witch spoke about family, miracles and talking, Josh looked away from the witch. It was all so... Muggle. "Purebloods aren't family orientated, Grey. You'll get used to it soon enough." Josh told her bluntly. She could prance around with her ideas of change, but it wasn't going to happen. Not now, not ever.

"That's what a good wife does isn't it?"

A smirk touched Josh's lips as he turned to look at the witch beside him. "A good wife?" He asked, his tone almost hinting at amusement as he took in her hopeful persona. "A good wife doesn't pry, Grey. A good wife gives her husband an heir, does as she's told and doesn't pry in to her husband's business unless he invites her in to the conversation." The Slytherin paused for a moment, allowing his eyes to look her over momentarily.

"That's why you're not my wife, Grey. You haven't learnt enough."
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: Question time (Josh)   Question time (Josh) EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 8:17 am

She could see him already dismissing the idea but let it slide, like she said she wasn't expecting miracles. Then came the medieval sexist nonsense she associated with pureblood values and the only reaction she gave was pressing her tongue to her cheek looking mildly annoyed. "About that, you're not going to change who I am just as I can't change who you are. It's not the dark ages anymore and really if you just want an heir you would have chosen someone else for the job. Instead you picked me, so you're stuck with me for now. I will try not to pry too much but when I ask questions like these it's because I actually care about you, what you're thinking or feeling." she thought about that for a moment then smiled at him. "Mothers do the same really. I know you've not had the best experience growing up with your own parents but I honestly think she's trying to make up for it." That may have touched a nerve so she got up and stepped back a bit. "I'll leave it there since I can see I'm getting on your nerves. I'd say come find me if you want to talk but that's not likely so I'll come find you." She grinned and made a formal curtsy before heading to the door. "Goodnight love"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question time (Josh)   Question time (Josh) EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 8:57 am

Louise had started a rant. Something about history or something. Something highly uninteresting about them. The prefect was already tuning out, because he didn't want to listen. Much like his father in that manner, capable of shutting off when the women decided they wanted an opinion.

"I will try not to pry too much but when I ask questions like these it's because I actually care about you, what you're thinking or feeling."

The notion of care though... that caught Josh's attention a moment later as his jaw set. Caring was not something Josh was familiar with. Except with his Azalea... But how could? No, Josh brushed those words away because he couldn't for the life of him understand why that notion triggered so much inside of him.

The comment on his mother made him shake his head. "She doesn't care, Grey. She only cares about herself." Josh explained, many people wouldn't see it because Eleanor Murray could play people exactly how she wanted to without them knowing, but Josh could see it. Louise was simply falling in to the same trap.

"Goodnight love"

The Murray heir closed his eyes at the notion of pet names coming from the witch's lips. "Goodnight, Grey." Josh growled back, he wasn't interested in asking her to stay. "And ten points from Slytherin for being out of the common room. You'd better make them up in class." He added a moment later, though whether she heard didn't matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question time (Josh)   Question time (Josh) Empty

Back to top Go down

Question time (Josh)
Page 1 of 1