Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kira Reid
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Kira Reid

Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem) Empty
PostSubject: Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem)   Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem) EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:24 am

It's been quite an interesting week. Between tasting Louise Grey's chocolates and sweets and the next Saturday's morning, Kira had acquired three new tiny creatures. She was in the Night Forrest, feeding Thestrals when she saw three baby bats, apparently abandoned. She looked around for their mama and found an adult bat lying dead in the vicinity. She didn't know what exactly caused her death, but she knew she couldn't let the babies meet the same fate.

So, the Professor took the three bats and made the proper accommodations in the Groundskeeper Cabin, where she lived when she was at Salem. Suddenly, she was very glad that the training in South America included Muggle animals as well, so she knew how to take proper care of the little angels.
She made a small tent in the corner of the cabin with a pole they could hang from and made little beds for them, just in case.

She was a bit afraid that the crup she adopted at the end of last year, Mr. Scruffles, would hurt the bats, but it turned out she didn't have to worry. He only sniffed them a little and seemed to love them at once. He sat before the tent, as if guarding them and only left the spot a few times a day to eat, get his toys or go to the toilet.

Kira owled Diem, telling her she has a surprise for her and asked if she could stop by before lunch on Saturday. Now she was sitting at her desk, eating cereal and watching Mr. Scruffles chew one of his toys happily. She couldn't wait for her daughter to see the bats and to see how she liked the sweets she sent her.

the bats
Back to top Go down
Diem Malik
Graduate
Graduate
Diem Malik

PostSubject: Re: Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem)   Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 3:09 pm

Diem got an owl from her new mother asking Diem to meet her before lunch, after getting the nice sweets from Kira that she apparently got from a tasting, she had gladly ate them peacefully. Diem walked to where she was supposed to meet Kira and when she arrived, she looked and saw the Care of Magical Creatures Professor surrounded by... bats?

"Hi, what is this?" Diem asked curiously on what was there.
Back to top Go down
Kira Reid
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Kira Reid

PostSubject: Re: Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem)   Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 5:28 pm

"Bats! Tiny, adorable bats!" Kira said excitedly and stood up when Diem entered the cabin. She walked over to the girl and hugged her in greeting and then walked over to the little tent. "I found them the other day, abandoned they were, poor dears. Their Mum was dead," she whispered, even though the bats couldn't understand what she was saying. "Couldn't just leave them there, could I." the Professor cooed and scrunched up her nose in adoration of the little bats.

Mr. Scruffles jumped on his feet when he saw Diem and was now running around her feet, happily wagging his forked tail. Diem's attention was apparently more important than his usual guarding of the dogs. It made Kira happy to see he took a liking to her daughter as well.

"Have you had breakfast? I've got cereal, coffee, toast, eggs..." she trailed off as she checked the small fridge. "Actually, no. I don't have eggs." Kira corrected herself when she checked the container and saw the eggs went bad. The smell alone was horrifying. "Evanesco." she vanished them and then turned back to Diem, grinning.

"Oh, did you get the sweets I sent?"
Back to top Go down
Diem Malik
Graduate
Graduate
Diem Malik

PostSubject: Re: Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem)   Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 6:33 pm

Diem had to admit that her new mother was highly amusing, she was glad that Kira found happiness in the little things, it was something she liked to do from time to time. "They are cute and its sad that their mother was dead, it looks like you have a thing of taking in orphans" Diem smiled at Kira, it was nice to know that Kira had a kind heart, Diem was actually really lucky. "No, they would have either died from eating something bad or getting hit with some kind of curse" Diem was glad the bats had a new found home.

Diem smiled at the dog that ran around her legs, the brunette loved dogs and her mother's dog was the most cutest thing she's ever seen in her life. Diem sat on the floor and pet him. When Kira asked if she had breakfast, Diem's brown eyes looked to her. "No I have not yet, I wanted to come here instead, but do you have orange juice and can I have toast with a little bit of butter?" Diem asked kindly, she didn't want to seem greedy. Diem watched her mother with the eggs and couldn't help but be amused. "Its okay about the eggs, I'm not really a fan" Diem shot her an apologetic smile.

"Yes I did, I am almost finished, they were delicious" Diem smiled. "Thank you for those" she was grateful. Diem got off the floor and took a seat on a chair. "Hey mom, can I ask you an important question and can you try not to feel offended?" Diem asked, she didn't know how Kira would feel.
Back to top Go down
Kira Reid
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Kira Reid

PostSubject: Re: Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem)   Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem) EmptyFri May 30, 2014 8:36 am

"They are cute and its sad that their mother was dead, it looks like you have a thing of taking in orphans"

Kira chuckled. It was good to see Diem joking about it, though it was kinda heartbreaking. She decided to focus on the good side of it, though.

As Diem told her what she would like to eat, Kira nodded enthusiastically and looked around her fridge for orange juice. She found a carton and put it on the table along with a glass. Toast with butter was in Kira's cooking range and she was very glad her daughter didn't want something more complicated.

"Well, that's good, because I couldn't guarantee they wouldn't be burnt, anyway." she said cheerfully as she went about making the toast. "No problem. I gorged myself on the chocolate they had, it was delicious. I'm glad the sweets were good, as well."

"Hey mom, can I ask you an important question and can you try not to feel offended?"

The Professor beamed at the casual way Diem called her mom, but then got worried. She set the plate with toast and butter on the table and sat down, trying to not look too worried. "Of course, sweetie."
Back to top Go down
Diem Malik
Graduate
Graduate
Diem Malik

PostSubject: Re: Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem)   Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem) EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Diem watched as Kira got what she asked for, Diem couldn't ask for a better person to take her in and care for her like Kira had, she really was a lifesaver. The brunette loved being cared for, if Kira hadn't come for her, she would probably be in a home where she would probably getting abused and Diem didn't want that. When Kira mentioned all the chocolate she ate, the brunette chuckled. "Chocolate does sound like it tastes good, but sadly for me I can't eat it" Diem said to her.

When Kira set down the toast and butter, she took a slice and spread the butter and she took a bite. The brunette saw the concern on the face of her adoptive mother and she quickly reassured her. "I was just going to ask that on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day could we probably go to my parents graves, maybe meet them?" Diem asked.
Back to top Go down
Kira Reid
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Kira Reid

PostSubject: Re: Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem)   Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 5:47 pm

"I will get you a substitute some day, something that tastes exactly like chocolate, but isn't chocolate." Kira nodded seriously. "I mean, the girl that did the sweets, she had diabetic ones as well. There wasn't any sugar in them, but they tasted just like normal sweets, without that horrifying sugar substitute. If they can do that, why not the chocolate thing." she explained and was, in fact, very serious about it. It was a crime, honestly, that Diem couldn't eat the best thing on this world.

Kira was expecting Diem to say she was into hard drugs and asking her advice about it, or that she was pregnant, or had a drinking problem at such a young age, or, or something else equally terrifying. So when her daughter asked to go see her parents graves on Christmas, she exhaled in relief and chuckled lightly at herself. Honestly, the whole motherhood thing was getting to her.

"Of course, darling." she said, quickly arranging her features into a warm smile and she reached out to hold Diem's hand. "We can bring flowers, light a candle. While we're at it, we can go to my parent's graves, as well. Meet your sort of grandparents." Kira smiled. "They'd be proud of you, I know they'd be."
Back to top Go down
Diem Malik
Graduate
Graduate
Diem Malik

PostSubject: Re: Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem)   Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem) EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:34 pm

Diem could see determination in Kira's eyes and was glad that she cared for Diem like a true mother did. The brunette was lucky to have Kira as her new mother, she was an amazing person and couldn't ask for someone else to be her adoptive mother. "Thank you, that means a lot" Diem replies honestly.

Diem looked at the worried face of her new mother and was really worried Kira would say no, Diem wouldn't know how to handle that if Kira said that one word to her. But when she agreed Diem smiled. "Thank you mom, I know my parents would love you as well and I will be happy to meet my sort of grandparents, I know my other grandparents are dead as well" Diem exclaimed. "Why did you look worried?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem)   Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem) Empty

Back to top Go down

Some quality Mommy-Daughter time (Diem)
Page 1 of 1