Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years)

Go down 
+6
Alyson Montez
Cassidy Young
Lucy Waters
Jacoby Windsor
Louise Grey
Kira Reid
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years)   CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 4:45 am

Thana sensed Josh filing her away, she still didn't care. She had let her control go, something she rarely ever did. She normally tried to stay unnoticed, and didn't want attention. Hell, she wanted to join the Quidditch Team, but knew that people would start noticing her. That was the one thing she didn't want. Was to be noticed, she hated the spot light. And hated questions even more. She paired up with Jiolet, and got the Peruvian Vipertooth off the teacher. She paired up with the girl, and had a look at it. Thana went off into her own world, thinking about other things.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Waters
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Lucy Waters

PostSubject: Re: CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years)   CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:58 am

"Hey, so what do you know about our rightful dragon?"

Lucy decided not to get involved with anything that was happening elsewhere, preferring to focus on her work, and trying to remember the things she knew about the Swedish Short-Snout Dragon."Well, it's Swedish, and has a short snout," she joked "Um, I know they have silver scales. And they breathe blue flames," she said "That's about all."
Back to top Go down
Alyson Montez
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Alyson Montez

PostSubject: Re: CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years)   CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Alyson heard the argument and looked before she turned back to her partner, Alyson was not going to get involved with whatever drama was going on over with the groups. The blonde listened to Lucy speak about what she knew about the dragon and Alyson spoke when Lucy said that was about it. "Well I know they live in the mountains in Sweden, they're a silvery blue color, since the Short-Snout doesn't really go around human beings, they are known as the dragons with the less human kills. That's about it for me" Alyson explained what she knew.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years)   CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 10:09 pm

Moving to the pile of dragons and picking up the one she was originally assigned with Louise, the Romanian Longhorn. She returned to Stacy. "Lets just do this one." Smiling at the girl, Brooke asked, "What do you know about it?"

As she ran through her knowledge of dragons, she added, "I've read about them before in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, but I can't really remember much. They're from Romania, but their name already tells you that much. They're also from the mountain areas, and they're considered endangered because they've been hunted for their horn. It is also classified as "Known wizard killer /impossible to train or domesticate" by the MoM."
Back to top Go down
Cassidy Young
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Cassidy Young

PostSubject: Re: CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years)   CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years) - Page 2 EmptySat May 10, 2014 8:48 am

"Hi Cassidy... What can you tell me about our dragon?"

"Hey Bryson," she smiled at him "Well, it's from the Ukraine," In all honesty, she hadn't studied that much beforehand, and only really knew few details about that particular dragon "Oh!" she exclaimed "It's like really big as well, can't remember the exact measurements. And it's like a metalish colour, right? Sorry, I'm really sort of useless when it comes to dragons." she said.
Back to top Go down
Bryson Granger
Graduate
Graduate
Bryson Granger

PostSubject: Re: CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years)   CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years) - Page 2 EmptySun May 11, 2014 11:49 pm

Bryson was greeted back by Cassidy and listened as she told him a little about their dragon. It wasn't much but it was better then saying 'I don't know' Bryson didn't like when people didn't even try with assignments, but Cassidy did and that was perfectly awesome. "Well like you said they're from Ukrainian, they have red eyes, their skin is like a greyish silver color, they have rough scales, and they're the largest to weight up to six tons" Bryson explained what he knew about their dragon.
Back to top Go down
Shiva Joilet
Graduate
Graduate
Shiva Joilet

PostSubject: Re: CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years)   CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 11:47 am

Shiva heard her name and looked at the Ravenclaw girl she was paired up with. "Hi" Shiva greeted. "I'm Shiva" she introduced. Shiva didn't know this girls name but she had seen her in classes from the previous year. Shiva thought about the Dragon she was to learn about with her partner. "I know a few things about the dragon. It has venomous fangs, its 15 feet long, it lives in Peru, and they eat goats, cows, and humans" Shiva explained what she knew about the Peruvian Vipertooth. The name just sounded scary.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years)   CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 5:58 pm

Thana nodded as Shivia introduced herself, "Hi I'm Thana " she replied, before listening to what Shivia said she knew about their dragon. Shivia had pretty good knowledge of it, Thana told what she knew. "Well its the smallest and fastest known breed of Dragon...And the first person to catch one was Harvey Ridgebit..Oh and it can conceal itself really well from Muggles" She said to her partner. "The physcial distinctions are pretty obvious" Thana said, "You can see the copper colour , and the black ridge-markings and short horns on its head. Like the Norwegian Ridgeback, its fangs are venomous, but you already said that" Thana said, that was pretty much all the information there was on the Peruvian Vipertooth.
Back to top Go down
Kira Reid
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Kira Reid

PostSubject: Re: CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years)   CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 9:32 am

"When are we going to see the real dragons?"

"Unfortunately, not in this class, Mister Murray. I'm not allowed to get them here just for a lesson." Kira replied with a sad smile. She wanted to get real dragons, too, but there was just no way. She was glad she didn't get the actual creatures, though. Louise had fainted over a figurine and Kira figured there'd be many more people fainting if there were actual dragons there.

She observed how almost everyone got to the task at hand and smiled. Then, she walked among them and listened to what they had to say. She had to admit, the information they knew was correct and she was glad.

"The lesson is coming to a close. Everyone who offered their opinion on the dragon they were assigned gets 5 points. I'll fill you in now, so you walk out of here, knowing at least a little bit more." Kira said with a smile. She picked up the replications of the figurines assigned.

"Hungarian Horntail is supposed to be the most dangerous of dragons." Kira carefully showed it to the class, as even the figurine was furiously breathing fire. "See the tail, here? It's full of spikes and actually, when they're hatching, the tail helps them to break the egg shell. They feed on sheep, goats and humans, whenever they catch one. Like I said, extremely dangerous.

Romanian Longhorn. As you can see, it has dark green scales and long, golden horns. The horns are particularly important, as they're a high valued potion ingredient when powdered. In fact, they're defined as a Class B Tradeable Material." The Professor explained and put the two dragons on the ground.

"This silver-blue beauty is called Swedish Short-Snout and its skin is used for protective gloves and shields. Its flame, which is blue, can reduce timber and bone to ash in just a few seconds. They like to live in wild and uninhabited mountains.

Ukranian Ironbelly is the largest of the dragon breeds. It's extremely dangerous, even though it's slower in flight than the Vipertooth or the Longhorn. The talons are very long and vicious, see." Kira pointed to the tiny leg on the figurine.

"Chinese Fireball or Liondragon. As you can see, this one's flame is rather unusual, it's in the shape of a mushroom. Hence the name, fireball. They're quite aggressive and their favourite food are pigs and humans. So, stay away if you ever see one." She let the figurines on the ground, so she was only holding one.

"Now, the smallest and the swiftest in flight is Peruvian Vipertooth."The tiny dragon opened its mouth and Kira hurriedly showed it to everybody. "See the fangs? They're venomous, hence the name Vipertooth. They have a particular appetite for humans, but they eat goats and cows as well.

Any questions?"
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years)   CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 6:32 pm

Thana listened attentively, it was an interesting class. She could probably get used to it, this class. She was sad that there were no real dragons, they were rather interesting. She had come across them many times, not that she would tell anyone that. She raised her hand, then asked her question. "Miss, is it possible for interspecies breeding?" She asked, "For example, would it be possible to breed a Romanian Longhorn with a Hungarian Horntail?" Thana wanted to see the teachers answer. It was a question she had wanted to know for a long time, once, when she was travelling she came across a dragon that didn't look like it belonged to any one group. It looked like a cross between two or three dragons, so Thana wanted to know if it was possible for interspecies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years)   CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 1:18 am

"Unfortunately, not in this class, Mister Murray. I'm not allowed to get them here just for a lesson."

The idea of there not being dragons was not a welcome one with Josh. Not to mention the second blow came when he was told that just because his partner had been useless he would not get any points.

At the mention of each dragon, Josh nodded slightly at each fact. He knew all this, it wasn't hard to retain such information.

"Miss, is it possible for interspecies breeding?"

"Stupid question." Josh mumbled to himself. "Of course you can. It's not always looked upon kindly, but you can interbreed. As you can with any likened species. Horses and Zebras. Horses and donkeys." Josh told the Ravenclaw. Talk about wasting time.

But, Josh did have a question for the professor. "Will we be doing something hands on next lesson? Or should I not bother to waste my time and just read the book for the exam at the end of the year?" Josh asked, an eyebrow raised at the professor. Lessons were a waste of time at their best, but this... this was just pointless.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years)   CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 2:21 am

Thana heard Josh mumbling, "I wonder if you are filing me away even more" she thought to herself about Josh. She just went quiet then, just listening to the rest of the class. She was bored yes, but she at least made an effort to try. Unlike a certain Slytherin she knew. "Oh well" she thought to herself, listening to the rest of the lesson.
Back to top Go down
Kira Reid
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Kira Reid

PostSubject: Re: CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years)   CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 6:52 am

"Miss, is it possible for interspecies breeding?" She asked, "For example, would it be possible to breed a Romanian Longhorn with a Hungarian Horntail?"

Before Kira could answer, Josh did, in his usual manner. "5 points to both of you. Yes, he's right, you can do that. Only you have to be careful, because sometimes the new breed of dragons is even more dangerous, or something can go wrong and the little ones don't live for long. Like taking care of dragons, this should only be attempted by professionals." she added to the Slytherin's answer.

"Will we be doing something hands on next lesson? Or should I not bother to waste my time and just read the book for the exam at the end of the year?"

"You don't have to attend my lessons, Mr. Murray, if you don't like them." Kira smiled at the boy, not phased by the lack of enthusiasm. "Though, yes, the next lesson will be a more hands-on approach."

She looked around and then smiled again. "Well, if there aren't any more questions, you can go. There's no homework today, enjoy the rest of the week."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years)   CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CoMC Lesson 1 (4th-7th Years)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2