Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years

Go down 
+3
Mary McNeely
Ares Oxton
Lucelia Tsahara
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years   Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:44 pm

"There are people out there who don't mind hurting you, they may even enjoy it."

The comment made Victoria's breath hitch as a flurry of memories from a couple of years ago flashed vibrantly before her. The way that boy's voice... A shudder ran down her spine at the thought of it, but otherwise, Victoria didn't react. "Some people are misunderstood." Victoria replied softly, because she still believed the best in Cody Baxter, everybody did things they didn't mean. "And hurting me is much harder than you think." She confided.

"Be careful with these, they prick on both sides. You hold them on between your fingers like so,"

The Wormwood watched Jax closely first, before she took her own needle in hand. Her fingers held the needle just as Jax had shown her, and the only difference between the two of them was the slight tremble in Victoria's hands as she tried her very best to keep calm in the current position.

"Now look at the dummy, how does blood travel through a body?"

"Veins transport blood around the body, being pumped by the heart." Victoria replied, the matter of simple logic overriding her fear as she concentrated on getting the answers right. To show Jackson Blake that she knew her stuff.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years   Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 3:29 pm

"Some people are misunderstood."

"Yeah, tell that to the ones coming at you with knives, fat load of good that would do you - understanding them," the boy scoffed under his breath. He understood that she was raised differently but weren't her parents worried that their sweet little princess would grow up one day and face real danger. By the way she had reacted at the Quidditch match, probably not.

And it was another great feat on her part completely that the girl who read up a storm hadn't managed to learn anything from that incident.

"And hurting me is much harder than you think."

Jackson let that one slide, not having the heart to tell her how easily hurt she was. The proof that he had to distract her with trivia in a duelling class must have escaped her somehow in her defensive protest.

Instead he focussed on the kid's correct answer.

"So the heart is the source, and how many veins and arteries run to and from it? If you can stick one of these sembons into each juncture where they meet the heart - careful to go between the ribs, that's why these are surgical weapons, not crude knives - you effectively stop blood flow," he explained, pointing to the areas on the dummy's chest as he drew an invisible mark on the key areas.

"Try it, just halt the blood flow to and from the heart."
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

PostSubject: Re: Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years   Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 10:31 pm

Finally! A good lesson, his parents always get mad when he picks up sharp objects but now he is being told to because this is their assignment for class. Ares went over to the weapons and saw knives. He picked up one and walked over to a practice dummy. The Wormwood was really glad for this. Ares got into the right throwing position and took a deep breath before he threw the knife and it got the dummy right in the eye. Ares grinned and watched fake blood pour out, he went over and retrieved his weapon before going back to his previous spot and got in the same standing position, the next time he through it, it hit the stomach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years   Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years - Page 2 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 1:58 am

"Yeah, tell that to the ones coming at you with knives, fat load of good that would do you - understanding them,"

Jax was mocking her, Victoria knew that, but she wouldn't retaliate. He was one of those people who were misunderstood, or rather, one of those people who misunderstood others. The Wormwood wouldn't blame him for that, because it took a lot of patience and practice to become understanding.

And a lot of books.

The explanation as to how they were going to get this done made Victoria nod. It was straight forward enough in theory, it was the doing that was going to be difficult. As the Nightshade showed her where she would be able to stop the blood, Victoria swallowed softly.

"Try it, just halt the blood flow to and from the heart."

The Wormwood glanced up at the boy for a moment before moving forwards slightly and holding the needle up towards the dummy. In front of the point Jax had pointed out. The Wormwood inched closer to the dummy and as the point touched the skin of dummy, pushing at it, Victoria pulled away. The Wormwood shook her head though, reseting the position and pressing the needle to the skin once more.

Her own heartbeat began to quicken, almost to something unrecognisable and the room around her began to spin. Nausea trapped Victoria in that moment, and she closed her eyes. To stop the feeling, to stop the tears, as she slowly pressed the needle in to the dummy. Feeling each of the layer of skin react against the invasion, perhaps muscle too. It was slight resistance but Victoria felt all of it. And as the needle found it's self all the way in to the dummy's chest, Victoria felt her gag reflex go.

And the next moment, the Wormwood was on the floor, retching her breakfast back up as tears swept down her face. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." She whispered between retches. There was nothing she hated more than hurting people, and her body's shut down to the whole experience was just proof.

Victoria Newbury could never do such a thing as soundly as the rest of the class.

Because it was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Lucelia Tsahara
Unsorted
Lucelia Tsahara

PostSubject: Re: Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years   Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years - Page 2 EmptySun May 11, 2014 6:20 am

The Norwegian witch made her way around the classroom, giving each student a simple tutorial as to how they should go about using their weapons safely and accurately. She smiled as the majority of her pupils seemed to pick it up with reasonable ease, and she allowed them a few practice runs before making her way to the next. Just as she was about to go and find Miss Newbury, she saw that the girl was talking to a boy who, by all accounts, seemed to know what he was doing.

She watched on, ready to intervene if anything went odd, and waited for them to stop talking and start doing. Lucelia was only a little concerned: as far as she was aware, Mister Blake wasn't going to do any harm to the girl. She kept her ears pricked for any winces or sounds of pain coming from the children: it wasn't uncommon for injuries to occur.

"Mister Oxton, have you been practicing?" she asked the Wormwood in a joking sort of tone, before she heard retching coming from a nearby student and whipped around quickly. There she saw Victoria on her hands and knees, breakfast making a guest appearance so it seemed. She rushed over and put a hand on the girl's back, just the way her mother had done whenever Angelo had felt ill from the pain, and rubbed small circles with her thumb to calm the girl.

"It's alright, sweetie," the witch said softly, crouching down at her side as she allowed the girl to finish being sick. Lucelia knew that causing harm wasn't for everyone, and with what Victoria had been through she should have known that she would have had trouble. Still, now was not the time to scrutinise herself, and she cleaned the girl's regurgitated breakfast up with her wand in but a moment.

"Would you like to go and sit in my office for a while, Victoria?" she asked, standing back up but leaving the Wormwood to do so in her own time. "You can calm yourself down and have a glass of water, if you'd like to."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years   Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years - Page 2 EmptySun May 11, 2014 6:54 am

As a hand touched her back, Victoria thought Jax had moved to comfort her, but the voice that came soon after was not Jax's and the witch didn't know whether it being the professor was helpful or not.

"It's alright, sweetie,"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." Victoria replied shakily, Jake her head at the sting of tears in her eyes. She hadn't meant to react like this, she had thought she would be okay, but that thought was completely wrong, it seemed.

"Would you like to go and sit in my office for a while, Victoria?"

"No, I'm fine, Professor. I'm sorry for making a mess. I'll... I'll finish w-what I was doing." Victoria replied, pushing herself up carefully. As the witch took in the dummy, a needle sticking from her chest, the young Wormwood had to take a moment to steady herself. Closing her eyes, Victoria concentrated on staying up right for a moment, before opening her eyes and looking to Jax.

"Is... is that one in the place you asked it to be?" The witch asked, incapable of saying "the right place" because there was nothing right about this.
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

PostSubject: Re: Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years   Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years - Page 2 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 9:46 am

Ares was throwing his knife and hitting it exactly where he wanted it to be thrown. He was taken out of his little throwing world when the Professor asked if he had been practicing. "Why yes I have, one gets bored when their older siblings are too busy trying to impress the folks. This is a good way to kill boredom" Ares replied. He wasn't jealous of Aphrodite and Apollo, he was glad that they were sucking up to the parents because that gave him time to pull his pranks.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years   Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 11:26 pm

The princess' retching fit was not missed by the teacher, who came over immediately as was the case with the distressed Wormwood. Everyone always had to come to her rescue but Jackson had learned that was the way the world worked.

Including himself, the boy admitted grudgingly, unable to explain otherwise what he was doing here.

"Is... is that one in the place you asked it to be?"

"Yeah, that's the correct spot," the boy acknowledged with a nod, hoping she wouldn't start retching again. "You know where the rest of the points are. Just stick the sembons in and... and it doesn't hurt," the boy blurted put, cringing even as he said it.

"I mean, it doesn't cause any pain so the.. dummy doesn't know its coming."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years   Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 12:04 pm

"Yeah, that's the correct spot,"

Victoria merely nodded at the information. She was doing this manoeuvre in what Jax deemed the right maner, and likely Professor Tsahara too. Even if it made the girl physically sick, she would not allow herself to fail.

"You know where the rest of the points are. Just stick the sembons in and... and it doesn't hurt,"

Once again, the witch nodded, turning enough to take a second sembon from Jax and then turning back to the dummy. Instead of doing it slowly like the witch had done last time, Victoria picked her spot. With a true aim, the witch thrust the point in to the dummy in the right place.

And the same with a third, and fourth.

Before she turned away and moved to hug Jax, incapable of looking at the dummy and needing some comfort. "I-is that how to do it?" Victoria asked, eyes tightly closed as she held on to Jax. The young Wormwood didn't care if people saw her throw up, she didn't care if people saw her needing the comfort of a boy she barely knew.

But she couldn't be seen to fail.
Back to top Go down
Lucelia Tsahara
Unsorted
Lucelia Tsahara

PostSubject: Re: Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years   Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 1:33 pm

It seemed as though the marjority of the class were having fun, something which made the young witch smile to herself as she watched them all carefully, pleased that there weren't any injuries. In her own school years, the hospital wing had been far from her favourite place to be, and she assumed most of the other students felt the same. The Lugarmago healers had been rather uncomplimentary to her when she wound up in there, though thankfully it had only been a handful of occasions.

"Okay guys," the part Veela spoke, making her voice loud enough to be heard above the rips of fabric and weapons in the air. "Firstly, I want to say how immensely proud of all of you I am today. Every single person in this room has done something to be proud of." She moved to the very centre of the arena and turned slowly as she continued, ensuring all of the students could hear her.

"If you would please return the objects to the table for me, I would be very grateful. I look forward to seeing you all next time. Thank you for attending, I hope you enjoyed yourselves. I'll be nice and not set homework this time, so class is dismissed."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years   Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 9:24 pm

Their professor had come around and shown them, individually, how to use their weapons. When her turn came, Janique knew she had made the right choice; the weapon was very suited to creating maximum damage.

After the professor had moved on, Janique took a few moments to watch the others before she herself started, and saw, with some disgust, that Victoria had thrown up. Of course, this was the same girl that thought house elves needed respect, and so Jani was not all too surprised.

Turning her attention back to her dummy and the medieval weapon in her hands, she took an experimental swing towards its torso, only allowing a couple of spikes to enter. The effect was instantaneous. Blood started trickling out of the two holes made in the lower body, and Janique froze for a split second. Hurting real, living people like that was something she knew she wouldn't be able to bring herself to do, but in this classroom setting, the thrill of the activity was more inviting than her moral conscience and she didn't mind going to extreme lengths with the dummy.

Taking a step back, she shifted her weight to even it out. Testing the weight of the mace one last time, she swung it hard, directly at the dummy's head. The first contact sent long vibrations up her arm, and she nearly dropped the weapon, but managed to keep her grip on it. As the mace continued moving, she felt - and heard - the slow ripping of the flesh tearing away from the body.

It was the longest moment in her life, and although only lasted a few seconds in reality, she felt repulsed. Never again, she though, but the excitement she felt when she saw the head hanging limply from the end of the weapon, dripping blood, made her almost want to do it again. Then, she had looked back at the body and found blood spurting out from the neck of the dummy and closed her eyes, not wanting to see more.

Luckily, it was at that exact moment that their Professor had dismissed class, and, with no little relief, she had dropped the mace and turned away, walking out of class after thanking her. She didn't know how exactly she felt about the whole class; as much as she had enjoyed using the weapon, the destruction she had caused frightened her, and hoped she never found herself in a situation where she had to do anything like that to a real person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years   Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dueling - Lesson 1 - All Years
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2