Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Underlining Truth (Jari)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Underlining Truth (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: The Underlining Truth (Jari)   The Underlining Truth (Jari) EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 4:59 pm

It was the weekend, after a busy wake, Jake spent Saturday morning sleeping in and then lounging around, then at midday, he'd gone to sign up to the local gym, and go for a work out session. Marilyn had said she'd be going to her grandparents' house and Jake had simply accepted that he wasn't needed to go.

So after a more than strenuous gym session, Jake had come home, showered and put on some sweat pants and a loose shirt and curled up on the sofa with his university books. He'd only read a couple of pages before he'd fallen asleep again.

Saturday was almost always a write off for Jake.

So when the fire went with the return of Marilyn, Jake was dozing before it, book on his chest and looking very, very peaceful.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Underlining Truth (Jari)   The Underlining Truth (Jari) EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 5:22 pm

When Marilyn  flooed from Clement Manor she was greeted by a charming sight, the look of which was so heartwarming she almost lost her nerve. But she steeled herself and quietly walkedup, gently taking the book and bookmarking it before setting it aside and then pressing a sweet, sweet kiss to her boyfriends lips that could be their last...

"Jake, love, wake up,"
she pulled away from the kiss despite him sleepily pulling her closer, "Jake..." She kissed his cheek and really pulled up, tone soft, but serious, waiting until he was awake fully before pulling him into a sitting position.  

"Jake, I love you. More than anything or anyone. I love our life. But I have to tell you something I haven't been honest about and I just- If you decide that- that you can't be with me because of what I am then- then just leave don't say anything. I couldn't take that."

Okay, she thought, holding his hands in hers and looking him in the eye, here it goes.

And she did what Louis told her. Starting with basic family history, what Gwens Order of Merlin was really for, the first Huntress and the clans. Her initiation at sixteen, her charm that they never take out, her abilities, the absolute, unfiltered truth. The bloodlust. The things she'd done and could do. What she was trained for. How she had to hold back her strength so as to not accidently hurt him. Everything. And while she felt lighter with every word, by the time she finished she felt heavy with fear.

"I'm still your Mari, nothing's changed." She promised.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Underlining Truth (Jari)   The Underlining Truth (Jari) EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 5:48 pm

"Jake, love, wake up,"

"Mmm..." Jake managed sleepily, not wanting to wake up with the soft kisses that were being pressed to his lips. This was nice, he hadn't been expecting her home else he wouldn't have been sleeping. But he didn't mind as he tried to pull her closer. However, the closeness didn't last, with Marilyn kissing his cheek and then pulling away.

Jake's eyes opened slowly, taking her in and then allowing her to pull him up in to a sitting position as he wiped his eyes to make them see clearly.

He'd barely caught up with the situation when Marilyn was telling her how she loved him and their life. Oh no.. No... Not now... Jake's eyes were searching Marilyn's frantically in that moment for some idea of what was heading his way, really hoping that he was wrong and that this was something trivial.

But of course, he was right, this wasn't trivial.

This was huge.

Jake listened though, his eyes on their hands as a solid reminder that they were not... She wasn't... She was here. That, however didn't much help with the knowledge he was being given. He wasn't stupid, he knew some things about the DeArbour family and the size of the Caldwell family. He'd just assumed... well, he'd assumed his Marilyn wouldn't...

But she was a trained killer, and there was no two ways about that. She'd killed at the age of sixteen, and the knowledge of her bloodlust made it hard to imagine she'd never do it again. The explanation made so many things come together - how Marilyn never got tired working out with him, how things seemed effortless...

"I'm still your Mari, nothing's changed."

"But... everything... is changed." Jake told her softly, he wasn't pushing her away, far from it, his hands hadn't loosened for a moment, he'd held her hands as firmly as he always did. He just didn't see how this could mean nothing changed. She was... "Why didn't you tell me before?" Jake asked, his eyes moving to hers as he tried to see what she was saying was true, even if he already knew it was.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Underlining Truth (Jari)   The Underlining Truth (Jari) EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 5:58 pm

"But... everything... is changed."

"No, no, I'm still Marilyn, I'm still the same Mari you fell in love with,
" She shook her head, voice close to breaking, her hands firmly in his, not going to let go for anything. Don't leave me, she thought, please, please don't leave me... "What's changed, really? I would never hurt you, Jake, never, I couldn't." Mari murmured softly, eyes meeting his again as he asked her why she hadn't told him. Honesty is the best policy.

"I was afraid, that you'd be afraid of me or-or think I'm- a- m-monster. I'm not, we don't kill if we don't have to, I haven't taken on any missions, the whole time you've known me. I never did that whilst with you."
She swallowed and gave his hands a gentle squeeze and bit her lip, "Please don't leave because of this. Please, Jake."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Underlining Truth (Jari)   The Underlining Truth (Jari) EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 6:10 pm

The honesty of the fact he'd fallen in love with Marilyn, all of her without really knowing everything wasn't one that shocked him. He knew that how he felt wouldn't be changed easily, and despite the big news, Jake didn't love her any less.

"What's changed, really? I would never hurt you, Jake, never, I couldn't."

"I didn't say you would." Jake whispered, shaking his head slightly. "But what... I thought I knew you, but I haven't known you at all... I've only known the part of you that you wanted me to see. And that... changes a lot."

"Not a monster." Jake told her, squeezing her hands in what he hoped to be a reassuring manner. Though the information she hadn't taken on contracts during their time together was a settling one, it didn't change what she may or may not have done before, but it meant it wasn't happening now.

"Please don't leave because of this. Please, Jake."

Looking back at the witch opposite him, Jake studied her for a few moments, contemplating her words and the gravity of what he'd just been told. "It's a part of who you are, Marilyn, I'm not leaving you because of it. But... how do I know you're not keeping more from me? That's a big thing to conceal for a very long time, a dangerous thing to conceal for such a long time... I'm not scared of you, Marilyn... I'm just..." Jake let out a soft sigh, not wanting to tell her he was disappointed in her for not telling him. "I'm hurt." He settled on, looking down at their hands once more.

Jake didn't like secrets, though he understood why she had kept it from him, but he needed a little reassurance that there weren't going to be more surprises along the way. Then... then they could move forward, somehow.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Underlining Truth (Jari)   The Underlining Truth (Jari) EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 6:35 pm

"But what... I thought I knew you, but I haven't known you at all... I've only known the part of you that you wanted me to see. And that... changes a lot."

Marilyn shook her head and moved one of his hands up to her lips to kiss his knuckles gently, "I never changed my personality, or my likes and dislikes, you know me and you know me better than anyone else. Don't say you don't know me at all, that's not true and you know it." The witch spoke softly, pressing her forehead against their joint hands.

"It's a part of who you are, Marilyn, I'm not leaving you because of it. But... how do I know you're not keeping more from me? That's a big thing to conceal for a very long time, a dangerous thing to conceal for such a long time... I'm not scared of you, Marilyn... I'm just...I'm hurt."

Marilyn felt like she'd had the wind knocked out of her at his words and she was quiet for a moment, thoughtful, moving to press his knuckles against her lips again, eyes on his with earnest determination, set on proving her commitment and honesty.

"I'm afraid of spiders, I once punched someone for being mean to my sister, whom I do miss even though I don't talk about it, I love Victoria as if she actually were my sister, even if I don't say it, neon colours make me want to throw up, I can hear dog whistles and it is really annoying when I take Jags to the park," She gave him a weak smile before continuing, whatever secrets she could think of spilling from her tongue,

"My grandmother supports us but my grandfather doesnt because he thinks I'll run away like his daughter did and we had a fight, I went to Louis to regroup before coming home because I didn't want to panic you and I'm sure this sounds weird, but he's more a father figure than anyone else I've ever known, and you were all I could think about, you usually are, I am so in love with you it scares me because it feels like the most natural thing in the world and I can't think of anything else I could possibly have avoided saying out loud but as soon as I do I'll let you know," Mari took a deep breath and continued to hold his gaze, "I hate the idea of hurting you and I'm so, so sorry, love."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Underlining Truth (Jari)   The Underlining Truth (Jari) EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:53 pm

The tenderness of each of her moves made Jake want to relent, if only slightly, just scoop her up and tell her it was all going to be okay. Because, really, it was all going to be just fine. But Jake was a little scared that this was going to hurt him if he didn't deal with it now, properly. He didn't want things to manifest in to a huge problem, he wanted honesty, and if a little discomfort now would get that, then he would push them through it.

"I hope it's not true." Jake managed in reply to her words that came to start with. He wanted to think he knew everything about the witch, but his head was a little cloudy right now.

But then the burst of information came, and Jake simply sat quietly, taking each piece of information in and trying to store it. He'd probably forget some with the speed she threw it at him, but Jake was going to try his best to remember anyway. It was helpful though, so very, very helpful to know all of this information as they held on.

"I hate the idea of hurting you and I'm so, so sorry, love."

Jake frowned slightly, finally catching up with everything. The information on Louis was interesting, but he didn't bring that up. What was more important was her grandfather. "He doesn't like us being together, does he?" Jake asked, though he'd already guessed that much. "He didn't make you choose, did he, Marilyn?" He continued, the frown not lifting. "Because you don't have to ever choose me over your family. Ever." Jake whispered, drawing her in to his lap and pressing a light kiss on her lips. "Tell me you haven't done that." He insisted, slightly worried that she might have made a very irrational decision in that moment.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Underlining Truth (Jari)   The Underlining Truth (Jari) EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 1:10 pm

Feeling a weight lift from her she nearly cried when he pulled her close and kissed her, kissing him back just as tenderly.

"He doesn't like us being together, does he? He didn't make you choose, did he, Marilyn? Because you don't have to ever choose me over your family. Ever. Tell me you haven't done that."

Mari pressed another kiss to his lips, "First off, and I've said this before, it's not you. He doesn't want me to be in love, Jake, that's the problem to him. And nobody, as you well know, can make me do anything. I want to be happy. Safe. And loved." the witch whispered, pressing a longer kiss to his lips, "Jake, you are my family. We're- we're seriously committed to each other. I am still my grandmother's heiress, that hasn't changed, he just doesnt want me to come to their manor or seehim. Which is honestly not a problem, because I refuse to put up with people who don't want me to be happy."

"You're eventually going to have to accept that you're stuck with me, Jake, I'm not going anywhere."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Underlining Truth (Jari)   The Underlining Truth (Jari) EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 2:29 pm

The notion of not wanting Marilyn to be loved was perhaps one of the worst reasons for unhappiness Jake had ever heard. He didn't understand why Evan would be so firmly against them. They were happy, they were building a life together and hopefully... hopefully it would last. Jake had no inclination whether that hope would be realised, but it didn't matter, all that mattered was that there was hope.

"Jake, you are my family. We're- we're seriously committed to each other."

That, well, wasn't something he'd expected. They hadn't spoken about any serious, long term commitments. Yes, moving in was a commitment, but they hadn't spoken any further than that. But, if Marilyn wanted that... Who was he to say no? But the notion of Evan not wanting to see her. "Why is this so wrong to him?" Jake asked softly, because he didn't understand, and anything that might help would be helpful, very helpful. Then... well, maybe Jake could talk to the man and make him see sense.

"You're eventually going to have to accept that you're stuck with me, Jake, I'm not going anywhere."

"I didn't say I wanted rid of you..." Jake whispered, confused with that statement. "I simply said you never have to choose between me and your family." He told her, making sure she knew that it wasn't anything to do with not wanting her, because that was most certainly not the case.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Underlining Truth (Jari)   The Underlining Truth (Jari) EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 2:43 pm

"Why is this so wrong to him?"

Marilyn cuddled close into his arms, threading their hands together again, "Because he's afraid that I'll be like his daughter, who let love blind her to the point of giving up everything she'd loved just to please her wife. But I'm not her, not anything like her, really. Like either of them. He just can't see that. He thinks that if I straight out marry someone I don't know or like that I'll, in some twisted way, be safer."

"But he's wrong,"
She kissed his cheek, "I've never felt safer than right here."

"I didn't say I wanted rid of you...I simply said you never have to choose between me and your family."

"We're different, Jake. I would never ask you to choose either/or, and you didn't make me choose. He did. And I choose you. Accept it, don't feel bad. You make me happy. It wasn't a rash decision, I've had a lot of time to think about it. Louis gave me some advice, as well, he said he'd support me no matter what. He's a sweetheart, really,
" She remarked fondly, snuggling closer to the smell of mint and then pulling his face down to give him a long kiss.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Underlining Truth (Jari)   The Underlining Truth (Jari) EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 3:25 pm

With the notion of marriage, the conversation was starting to get too heavy for Jake. He was twenty-one and no where near ready to even think about such extreme forms of commitment. So instead of making a comment, Jake simply nodded once, holding the witch close to him but keeping quiet. Best not to say anything, really.

When the comments turned to Louis, Jake simply nodded. The Frenchman might be as tough as nails, and stricter than any man Jake had ever met, but if he was looking out for Marilyn, he couldn't be too bad. And once again, Jake didn't need to speak, because Marilyn was kissing him. Kissing him deeply and giving him no room to say anything, which was probably just as well, because he didn't have anything to say.

Jake slowly pulled her down on top of him, his arms circling around her waist gently. "Thank you... for telling me everything." Jake whispered against her lips, truly meaning it. "Is there anything I can do to help, with the... extra abilities thing?" He asked, because her grandfather could wait, he was more worried about Marilyn and her wellbeing than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Underlining Truth (Jari)   The Underlining Truth (Jari) EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 3:40 pm

"Thank you... for telling me everything."

"No more secrets."
She murmured, snuggling close as he pulled her to lay on top of him, "Are we okay, then?" She asked hesitantly, biting her lip as she looking up though her lowered lashes at him, lips ghosting over his and hoping to whatever God was listening that he'd hold her close, tell her he loved her that that they were okay.

"Is there anything I can do to help, with the... extra abilities thing?"

"It'll get a bit better now that I don't have to tone it down, I'm sure there might even be some areas where you'll come to quite enjoy it...
" Mari lightened the mood with her suggestive words, pressing another kiss to his lips. "You're already helping loads by not freaking out. Really."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Underlining Truth (Jari)   The Underlining Truth (Jari) EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 3:53 pm

"No more secrets." Jake echoed, he hadn't hidden anything from her, and he never would, but then, in comparison, he was boring, so there really wasn't anything to hide. But her question of them being okay made Jake smile gently, hoping to reassure her as he held her closer. "We're fine, just give me time to process. It'll be fine though, I promise." He assured her, pressing a soft kiss to her lips.

The suggestive comment made Jake roll his eyes, though inwardly he was trying to work out how any of the things she could do could be used in a satisfying manner. But he pushed that away, he wasn't in the mood for that right now.

"You're already helping loads by not freaking out. Really."

"I guess I just have a thing for unusual women." Jake teased lightly, pressing his lips to hers, and deepening the kiss a moment later, tucking her hair carefully behind her ears. "But... I know that's not who you are, so there isn't a reason to freak out. And, I love you, no matter what you may or may not be." He assured her, smiling up as the witch.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Underlining Truth (Jari)   The Underlining Truth (Jari) EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 4:36 pm

After that Marilyn melted into his touch and kiss, relaxed fully now. Even letting him tease her about him liking unusual women, or which her soft kiss turned to a light nip of his lower lip, but letting him deepen it, sighing happily into his mouth, feeling likea weight she hadn't been fully aware of was gone and now she could do anything.

"But... I know that's not who you are, so there isn't a reason to freak out. And, I love you, no matter what you may or may not be."

"I love you, too."
She kissed him again, "Let's go get undressed and head to bed, we've had enough excitement and now all I want is to get into our bed and fall asleep in your arms." And so they did, their little domestic routines settlingin, brushing their teeth next to each other, Marilyn shedding her clothes for one of his shirts and Jake stripping to his boxers, both crawling into bed together and kissing each other lovingly, carressing each others face or back, cuddling, until finally they fell asleep. Entangled in each other and with small smiles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Underlining Truth (Jari)   The Underlining Truth (Jari) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Underlining Truth (Jari)
Page 1 of 1