Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Finders Keepers (Jari)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

Finders Keepers (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Finders Keepers (Jari)   Finders Keepers (Jari) EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 7:14 pm

The time had passed so quickly and the couple had looked at countless places, none fitting quite right, until the file for this particular one had fallen into their hands. A penthouse in muggle London that's blueprints looked seriously promising and so the pair was now getting ready to take a final look and hopefully seal the deal.

The flat would be unfurnished but Mari was glad; it gave her an excuse to shopand them the chance to really make it their home. Together. The joy and excitement on Marilyn's features was not to be overlooked, the woman was already beaming as she pulled one of Jake's sweaters over her black camisole and black jeans, hair back in a bun with only a few loose strands framing her face. When teased about stealing his clothes she simply smirked and kissed his cheek asking teasingly if he liked how it looked. And though she didn't really realise it for herself, she made even 'messy' looks look like they were specifically designed for her.

"I was thinking,"
she said in a slightly too casual tone, "That, because of the dark wood flooring, if we take it, maybe we could use your bed, I mean in our bedroom. Just, a thought." The witch fastened her watch and there was a slight pink tinge to her cheeks.

"Right, ehm, oh yes,"
She continued, walking around him in the kitchen of her flat to put the glasses from that morning in the sink, "I read somewhere about colours and how they affect brain activity and maybe we should go for warm colours in the bedroom, it's supposed to be relaxing, just simple but welcoming-" Mari turned to find herself nearly nose to nose with her boyfriend and blushed again under his gaze, "Hey..."

(Mari)
(Flat blueprint)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (Jari)   Finders Keepers (Jari) EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 3:19 am

Stress had not left Jake alone for weeks as he filled in form after form to move to England. He'd had to attend meetings in various different departments of the Ministry to make sure he was allowed to move in to the country. Taking tests on English history that meant he had to study on top of his university work was tiring, but throughout the whole ordeal, he'd had the support of Marilyn who helped him through the parts he couldn't make sense of.

Or, as it happened on more than one occasion, simply let him fall asleep in her lap because he was exhausted.

But that was the past now, and Jake was simply waiting on the last signature for his visa to be approved. His work permit, which though was already in place from before the idea of moving, was now having to be redone as a permanent work permit. Which meant their future led in the hands of Louis Clement. Jake could only hope the man wouldn't mess everything up for them now.

That morning, they had an appointment to look at another flat. So far they hadn't found one they'd really liked. This one sounded more promising though, bigger. Which they would need with the combination of Marilyn's work and Jake's family coming over from time to time - or at least Victoria anyway.

"That, because of the dark wood flooring, if we take it, maybe we could use your bed, I mean in our bedroom. Just, a thought."

"I can get dad to come over and help me pull the wooden floors up, if you prefer, put carpet in some rooms to make it more homely?" Jake suggested, not missing the light pink in Marilyn's cheeks. "But I can ask mom and dad if we can have my bed, it's bigger than yours." Jake added. "I think my funds can be stretched to buy a bed to replace it." He announced cheekily.

But then Marilyn was talking colours, and Jake moved from the table to his girlfriend, waiting until she turned and wrapping his arms around her. "You know, colours are boring. You choose. I don't have a clue. I paid someone to decorate my last flat." He told her with a small laugh. "You'll do it perfectly." He assured her, stealing a kiss from her lips. "Are you ready? Don't want to be late." He asked, Jake had always had a thing with lateness, and him being late simply never happened.

"I'll help you paint, just don't ask me to pick colours, yeah?" Jake added, making sure Marilyn knew he wasn't going to make her do everything, just choose what looked good.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (Jari)   Finders Keepers (Jari) EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 7:34 am

"I can get dad to come over and help me pull the wooden floors up, if you prefer, put carpet in some rooms to make it more homely?"

"Oh don't you dare,"
Mari swatted his arm and kissed his cheek, "Carpet is so hard to keep clean even with magic, and I like the clack of my heels on the wood, it would damage carpet over time," She explained, letting him add that he'd ask them because it's bigger and Mari inwardly groaned. Embarrassing as it was, that wasn't why she wanted it.

"I think my funds can be stretched to buy a bed to replace it."

"Cheeky." she retorted, rolling her eyes but grinning, "And size is not why I want that bed." Mari teased lightly.

Letting him pull her close she smiled, kissing him back, "By 'help me paint' I hope you mean actually help and not 'Get paint on Mari so you just have to take a shower, together, to get it all off...'" The woman murmured teasingly, kissing him gently before lacing their fingers together and nodding, apparating to a darker street corner and then walking down the street to the building.

"I have a really good feeling about this one."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (Jari)   Finders Keepers (Jari) EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 7:58 am

"Carpet is so hard to keep clean even with magic, and I like the clack of my heels on the wood, it would damage carpet over time,"

"Okay, okay. No pulling up the floor." Jake replied with a fond smile. The notion of the clack only made him smile at the notion, but he wouldn't deny her anything she wanted, that would be much too difficult. The comment of him being cheeky made Jake chuckle softly. "Sometimes." He replied. But the final comment made Jake frown slightly. "Why do you want my bed? Your bed is just fine..." He asked, confusion quite clear in his features. He still wouldn't say no, but he was simply curious.

"By 'help me paint' I hope you mean actually help and not 'Get paint on Mari so you just have to take a shower, together, to get it all off...'"

"Can't I mean both?" Jake asked, smirking slightly at the notion. He'd meant actually helping, but if she expected so little of him, well, he could sink to that level if it would make her happy. The soft kiss simply made him smile as their fingers laced together, apparating but a moment later to the street in question. London was huge, and they'd picked something of a better neighbourhood to set their first home in. Jake liked it enough, from the research he'd done, and it wasn't too difficult to get in to the middle of London for work.

"I have a really good feeling about this one."

"Well, we'll soon find out, won't we." Jake replied as they moved up the street, meeting with the Muggle estate agent that had promised to show them around. After quick introductions to Mr Verne, they were showed up to the top floor of the four storey flat complex. It was well kept, and secure, something that Jake had pointed out as they moved upstairs. Security was important for both of them, given their job, but they would enhance it considerably if they chose this flat.

"I'll let you in and then you can have a look around, I won't follow you around, but if you have any questions, please do ask!" Mr Verne told them, unlocking the door and letting them in. Jake had simply taken in the brightness of the flat that was emulating in from each room that came from the hallway, well, that was always a plus, natural light in abundance. "Oh, here's the layout and the usual use of each room for your information." The estate agent added, passing Jake the piece of paper and closing the door behind the three of them.

"Well then, according to this..." Jake looked down at the paper and motioned to the first room on the left. "Would be our bedroom." He summarised, leading Marilyn in to the large room that boasted a window seat out on to the main road and gave quite the view over the houses opposite them. Jake's face turned in to one of an impressed nature. Built in wardrobes were on the right hand side, but the rest of the room was empty, there's to imagine. Looking towards Marilyn to see what she thought, Jake waited for a comment. The most important thing to him was Marilyn's happiness, and so far, he liked what he saw, but he would wait for more information before he voiced that opinion.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (Jari)   Finders Keepers (Jari) EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 9:09 am

"Why do you want my bed? Your bed is just fine..."

Mari felt her cheeks grow warmer and pulled a face, "Do I really have to say it out loud? Sentimental reasons," The witch grumbled with a reluctant smile and a slight playful huff.

"Can't I mean both?

"You can..." She mused against his lips before they left. Soon they were looking up at it and Mari was already mentally going over the charms to make it muggle repellentand perhaps hidden like the Black family hid their houses, very efficient. Listening to Jake's comments Mari remained quiet, thoughtful, only greeting Mr.Verne briefly as she looked around.

Merlin it was perfect, she thought, as Jake led them into the bedroom. Oh yes. She could just see it... Silently she walked up to the window and looked out at the view of the city and smiled before walkingout, grabbing jake's hand andpullling him to the next rooms, her smile growing with each until they were alone in the last, the kitchen.

"Jake, I love it," She murmured, hugging him happily before pulling back tosearch his face, "What do you think, love?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (Jari)   Finders Keepers (Jari) EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 9:18 am

"Do I really have to say it out loud? Sentimental reasons,"

Jake didn't quite understand, but didn't ask. He'd get the bed moved over from his parents and give them the money to get a new one. That didn't have space in his head long though as they continued to the flat.

Each room of the flat only grew on him, it was spacious, every room was quite large, and everything seemed to be just right. They took a good look around, and Jake was quite sure he could see Marilyn planning if the look on her face was anything to go by. There were enough rooms for a spare room and Marilyn's lab. Perhaps some space for him to do work if and when it became necessary. The lounge was a good size, much bigger than Marilyn's current flat, but not too big that they'd be swamped.

Finally, as they entered a large kitchen/diner, Marilyn turned to him, pulling him in to a hug and telling him that she thought it was perfect. Jake simply smiled back at her, glad to see she'd found a place she liked.

"What do you think, love?"

"I think..." Jake mused, stealing a small kiss from his girlfriend and lowering his voice. "That this is going to be the perfect place to start our life together." He told her, and he was serious. There wasn't anything more they could want, they had access to the roof which Jake was sure would be great for Marilyn's love of the stars.

"I think that if we're both happy, we shouldn't wait for my papers. Shall we go ahead with the paperwork?" Jake asked, it would be a couple of weeks for funds to transfer and paperwork to be finalised, which would fall nicely in with his visa, and in the meantime they could get things packed up and ready to leave from both Marilyn's flat and his bedroom at his parents.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (Jari)   Finders Keepers (Jari) EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 4:59 pm

"I think..." Jake mused, stealing a small kiss from his girlfriend and lowering his voice. "That this is going to be the perfect place to start our life together."

Kissing him back she grinned and ran her fingers through his hair, her expression full of fondness and affection. And Love. But it was his next words that had her jumping up to kiss him heavily, practically jumping in his arms and holding him tight.

"I think that if we're both happy, we shouldn't wait for my papers. Shall we go ahead with the paperwork?"

"Yes, yes, yes, yes!"
She nuzzled their noses together, grinning, "I love you." Mari whispered in an equally low voice, holding his gaze and kissing him again and again until a chuckle came from the doorway.

"Shall I draw up the papers?"
Mr.Verne asked with a warm smile, happy for the young couple.

Not moving from Jake's embrace, her own arms still around his neck, Mari nodding, looking from him to Jake, "Yes, yes, it's perfect."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (Jari)   Finders Keepers (Jari) EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 2:39 am

Jake was slightly stunned at the joy that took over Marilyn when he said he wanted this place. In fact, Jake was almost certain that he'd never seen her this happy. Which meant that this was going to work out just fine. Jake's arms moved around the witch, holding her close and trying to contain her excitement a little bit.

The sentiment of love rose in the air, and Jake smiled softly as Marilyn said once again that she loved him. Jake didn't reply with words, just a soft kiss that showed he felt the same way too. When a soft chuckle interrupted them, Jake's cheeks went a slight crimson, he'd almost forgotten about the estate agent until then.

"Shall I draw up the papers?"

Before Jake could even come up with an answer, Marilyn was answering for them, and Jake let out a soft chuckle at her enthusiasm, nodding as he took Marilyn's hand. "We'll come to the office after lunch and we'll go through the details. I'll need to get my solicitor to go through the paperwork, but I'm happy to put the deposit down today." Jake told the man with a small smile.

After agreeing to meeting later that day, Jake and Marilyn had headed back to her flat. And the moment they'd shut the door, Jake had been on the phone. His agent could get over in the next hour to deal with the legalities of everything and make sure the flat was held in equal equity. Jake didn't plan for problems, but he wasn't going to be stupid enough to lose any money he'd be putting in to the flat. After that he'd rung his bank in America to tell them to authorise a large lump sum of money to leave his account in the next couple of hours.

With that done, Jake had then rung his parents, thanking Marilyn in between the phone call for the tea she'd brought him and sipping it gently. When his mom had picked up, Jake explained that they'd found the flat they wanted and would be signing for it later that day. His mom had been excited, of course, asking him questions he didn't yet know the answer to. But when she'd finished, Jake had asked about his bed, and though his mom had been confused why they'd want 'that old thing' she'd agreed and dismissed the notion of him buying a new one. He would though, Jake couldn't just take it without replacing it.

By the time he'd finished on the phone and made himself and Marilyn a sandwich, it was time for them to head off to the estate agents again. Jake's agent was there and within the next couple of hours, the flat had been signed for, and they were in the process of buying their first place together. Jake, well, he was excited, nervous, but excited. But he didn't let that dampen Marilyn's mood for a moment as they celebrated with a nice meal out that evening, with Champagne to toast to their future.

Everything was moving along rather nicely...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finders Keepers (Jari)   Finders Keepers (Jari) Empty

Back to top Go down

Finders Keepers (Jari)
Page 1 of 1