Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unexplainable Distance (Jari)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Unexplainable Distance (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Unexplainable Distance (Jari)   Unexplainable Distance (Jari) EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 9:18 am

After getting back from Mexico Jake had had to take a number of jibes from the fellow Auror-in-Training he'd been working with recently. It seemed sunburn was the height of amusement for the Englishman, but Jake let it slide. He knew it was his own fault, though in fairness things like that were often forgotten when your girlfriend held your attention. The amount of times he'd got playful punches from his colleague just to see the effort of ignoring the pain was uncountable. But it had been fun.

What wasn't so fun was the notion of Marilyn ignoring him. It had been two days in a row Marilyn had headed home from the office without him. And seeing as she'd left without a note, Jake hadn't headed to her apartment. Perhaps she needed space? But the witch had ignored his text that he'd sent the second day saying that she could come to his parent's house if she wanted to. No reply had come, and Jake had decided to leave it at that. So when it came to Thursday and he still hadn't heard anything from Marilyn, Jake was worrying.

He knew, of course, that they couldn't be with each other twenty four hours a day, but he had figured if they were busy with other things they could tell each other. So, when he went to Mari's lap at the end of the day to find out that once again she'd left without him, Jake had pulled out his phone and rang Marilyn. There had been no answer, and Jake frowned as the answerphone kicked in.

"Please leave your message after the tone."

"Hi Mari, it's Jake... You're not at work and you're not picking up. I haven't seen you since we got back from holiday and I'm a little worried. Work said you've already left, so I'm going to call over at your flat to see if you're in. If not... call me back? Please?" Jake spoke to the machine, letting out a soft sigh as he hung up. What had he done? He'd been racking his memories all day and he saw absolutely nothing wrong with anything he'd said over the weekend. Apparating to London, Jake stopped off at the florist just down the road. After taking a moment to get the witch a rather large bouquet of her favourite flowers, Jake had walked to her flat, knocking lightly on the front door before he gently opened the door. He still wasn't overly comfortable with letting himself in, especially now, but Jake was trying so very hard to act normal.

Yeah, normal! Jake chided himself as he reminded himself he was stood in the hallway with a huge bouquet of flowers and a guilty as anything look on his face. Unfounded as well. "Mari?" Jake called out, letting her know he was here as he slipped off his shoes and closed the door behind him. "Are you home?" Jake asked, moving in to the house to try see where she was.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Distance (Jari)   Unexplainable Distance (Jari) EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 11:14 am

Mexico had been a dream, but the day after their return the nasty wake up call had knocked on Marilyns door. Or rather punched the shit out of her uterus.
When the body is under considerable stress, even anything so much as a few weeks of tests at school or an upcoming meeting that induces anxiety, the uterus and ovaries react in a way that can cause periods to be...late.

Marilyn was in considerable stress, to put it lightly, for an entire year, not including the stess of rehabilitation she was still under. That, in addition to suffering severe malnutrition for that duration and having PTSD Marilyn's body pretty much said 'f*ck regularity' and that was that. That being said the witch tended to randomly get her time of the 'month' every four or five months for a week. But it was brutal. She threw up, felt dizzy, suffered from quite the blood loss and severe lustless-ness and mood swings from hell.

So that was why she forced herself, heavily medicated, to struggle through work and apparate straight home (and promptly throw up, which prompted her to just apparate straight into the bathroom. The rest of her time was tied between the couch with Jagger who acted as a living hot water bottle and the bathroom where she spent so much time throwing up or feeling to nauseous to get off the floor that Jagger had dragged a blanket and pillow to her there as well.

Her phone she ignored completely, feeling torn between immense guilt that she was avoiding Jake as a 'side effect' of staying cooped up until it was over, and the feeling of 'I cannot deal with this right now'.
When his message came she was bent over the toilet bowl losing her lunch so she had no idea he was coming over and she couldn't really hear him over the sound of her continuous vomiting.

But Jagger could and the loyal creature he was he licked her shoulder before running to Jake and licking over his hand, letting out a whimper of distress that was much deeper than such a sound usually was. After making his statement Jagger rushed back to the bathroom where Marilyn had just wiped her face with a wet washcloth and was resting her head on the side of the bathtub, too nauseous to get up or open her eyes, the only signs that she wasn't unconscious was that she instantly stretched her hand out to Jagger when she heard his claws against the tile, letting him shove his huge head under the crook of her arm in comfort.

It was then that she realised Jake had also approached and opened her eyes to see him, "Mhm." she murmured incoherently before pulling a face and promptly diving back to continue losing her stomachs contents in the toilet. Her service hound whined at her obvious distress and the witch seemed to be feeling like Jagger sounded before the dog carefully closed his jaws around a bunch of her hair, ever so gentle in his movements to pull it from her face, despite the amount of slobber that was probably being produced at the same time.

(Marilyn)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Distance (Jari)   Unexplainable Distance (Jari) EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 11:28 am

Jake had flinched slightly as the bear of a dog Marilyn owned bounded up to him. He was never overly sure of Jagger, quite simply because he was so big even Jake knew that he would be overpowered by the dog if it wanted to. However, as the dog licked his free hand and bounded back towards the bathroom, Jake frowned slightly, laying the bouquet on the sofa and following Jagger.

The whimper was distressing enough, Jake knew the dog wasn't overly... well, anything. Most times Jagger just sat by, watching but never really doing anything. Half running, half walking, Jake turned in to the bathroom just in time to see Marilyn throwing up. The worry he'd felt that he'd done something was instantly erased as worry for the witch's health took over.

"It's okay, I'm here." Jake told Mari, moving to the sink and retrieving a wash cloth and dampening it. Moving to Mari's side, Jake pulled her hair back, helping Jagger and ignoring the copious amount of slobber. Resting the cloth on the side for a moment, Jake rubbed his hand gently in circular motions over the witch's back like he'd seen his mom do so many times when Victoria and he were growing up. "Did you eat something bad when we were away?" Jake asked softly, reaching up for the wash cloth and holding it out to Mari. "Do you want anything?" Jake asked softly, the uncertainty in his actions quite clear in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Distance (Jari)   Unexplainable Distance (Jari) EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 11:50 am

The instant she felt Jake's touch something in her shifted, a part of her racing mind just paused, just stopped and let her panic subside as she numbly finished throwing up, holding her left hand out blindly, trusting Jagger to give her the cloth, not seeing Jakes hand, which he did (taking it from Jakes hand), and she wiped her face, moaning softly at the now subsiding nausea. Well it had to end sometime, she thought to herself, that round was just stomach acid so there simply wasn't anything left to get rid of.

Jake soft questions entered her mind just as Jagger bounded off to her bedroom. "Water, please." she whispered, leaning her head against the bathtub again, not too eager to stand just yet. Soon Jagger returned with the pamphlet from her doctor, a bookmark in the section explaining how ptsd can affect monthly cycles, and shoved it at Jake's feet, pawing at it briefly to get his attention before returning to his witch's side, nudging her in the side repeatedly until she put an arm around his large neck and he half pulled her up.

"Good boy," she murmured fondly, using one hand to steady herself at the sink and one to pat his head, but instead of taking the praise he pushed her hand with his nose towards the sink, as if scolding her for not holding herself properly. Jagger then hit the water switch that was located on the wall as well as the basin itself, for times when Jagger needed to do it for her.

The entire flat was covered in 'dog' switches for various things, water, heating, electricity, fire alarm, etc. Something Marilyn had had done soon after getting the service dog.
After rinsing her mouth she accepted the glass of water Jake gave her, Jagger hovering beneath it instinctively, in case she dropped it, so no shards would hit her bare feet. But Mari held it quite steadily as the dizziness passed. "Thanks" the witch set the glass down and Jagger turned to let her grab on to him if needed, but she only set the palm of her hand on his head gently, the signal for him to go ahead to the couch where she'd head to, turning to Jake slowly and putting her hand on his arm, "Wanna help me to the couch?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Distance (Jari)   Unexplainable Distance (Jari) EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 12:44 pm

"Water, please."

"Water." Jake echoed, taking out his wand and summoning a glass as Jagger hurried from the room. Catching the glass effortlessly as it entered the room, Jake ran the cold tap briefly and filled the glass, not daring to leave Marilyn's side. If she'd simply told him he would have been here the past two evenings and made sure she was okay. But that was for later, not now.

When Jagger came back with a, now slightly soggy, pamphlet, Jake ignored him, not realising until he started pawing at the pamphlet that it was necessary. Picking up the piece of paper, Jake read the heading before realisation crept in. Oh. Oh! Looking back to Marilyn, he realised it hadn't been anything she'd eaten, mostly because they'd eaten the same so it wouldn't have made sense.

By that time, Marilyn was upright, so Jake tucked the pamphlet in to his suit pocket, holding out the glass of water and moving close enough to catch the witch if her legs gave out beneath her. It took a few moments for the witch to ready herself, until Jagger moved out of the room.

"Wanna help me to the couch?"

"Course." Jake replied, picking the witch off her feet effortlessly, holding her across his arms and heading to the lounge. It took only a few moments for Jake to get the pair of them there, and gently put Marilyn on the couch, grabbing a blanket for her and sitting beside the witch. "I'm sorry for not coming the last couple of days..." Jake whispered to the witch, pausing and hurrying off to get the glass of water. Coming back, Jake placed it gently on the coffee table for Marilyn, taking the pamphlet out and scanning it. "This explains a lot though." He added softly, looking sideways to Marilyn.

"What can I do to help?"
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Distance (Jari)   Unexplainable Distance (Jari) EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 2:06 pm

Closing her eyes only for a moment when he picked her up Marilyn forced them to stay open, lest Jagger think she was in need of more assistence than was the case. As she was gently laid on the couch Jagger was instantly there, dragging the blanket Jake got in his mouth that he nudged over her carefully, pushing it in with his paws before giving her one last kiss on the hand and returning to his solemn position, stony beside her, ready at the slightest command.

Turning her gaze to Jake she bit her lip, waving off his apology. "Don't apologize, I wasn't in any state to see anyone, I get really irritable the first few days, I was still cranky this morning. I eh- I may or may not have hexed Rosswells office, the one that was raining? He ordered me to make it stop raining so I erm," she looked at the ceiling, "I made it snow."

"This explains a lot though." Catching sight of the pamphlet in his hand the witch turned to look back at him with a softer expression, something in her eyes that hadn't been there before....shame?
"There's nothing wrong with me. I mean, not in that...area. It's just highly irregular. They said it'll get better." her tone quiet as she spoke, almost mumbling as she looked at her hands, "They said that contraception is still necessary because I can get- you know. Anyway. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I- I didn't think about it, honestly. I didn't-" I didn't think you'd be so worried... flitted through Mari's mind.

A flash of orange as she turned her head caught her eyes, "...did you think it was your fault?" She asked, putting two and two together as she took in the large flower arrangement, expression somewhat, well, mortified.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Distance (Jari)   Unexplainable Distance (Jari) EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 3:57 am

Jake sat beside the witch, gently pushing her hair away from her face. It didn't much matter to him that this was deemed 'normal' because anything that laid his girlfriend out in such a state most certainly wasn't 'normal' in his eyes. As she explained that she'd been the one to cause all the trouble in the Ministry offices this morning, a small, fond smile touched his lips. "I did wonder who that was." Jake commented softly, shaking his head. "He was going mad in our department." He added a moment later. Jake had personally stayed out of the way because he never wanted the limelight around the office. Not until it was his time.

"There's nothing wrong with me. I mean, not in that...area. It's just highly irregular. They said it'll get better."

"I didn't say there was." Jake told the witch softly. Sex education had been a long time ago, but he was quite sure he remembered the professor telling them that irregular periods weren't a cause for concern, but should still be discussed with their healers. Or something like that. Jake had been a little too cocky to listen to those talks.

"They said that contraception is still necessary because I can get- you know. Anyway. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I- I didn't think about it, honestly. I didn't-"

"It's fine, Mari." Jake told the witch, leaning down and kissing her forehead. "I know now." He added as he sat back next to her on the floor. He didn't make a comment about the contraception part to start with, because quite honestly that wasn't up for discussion. They were much too young, their relationship was not nearly ready for that. Hopefully Marilyn knew that. But after a moment, Jake realised something. "Aren't... there methods of regulating... this with contraception? Makes it less violent?" He offered softly, honestly he didn't know the witch's take on such things because they'd never been discussed, but now... seemed the right time. "Maybe we could look in to it so you're not... in so much pain?" Jake asked.

"...did you think it was your fault?"

Following Mari's gaze, Jake remembered the large bouquet of flowers he'd arrived with before looking back to his girlfriend. She didn't look... well, happy to see them. "I thought I'd done something wrong, so I got you your favourite flowers and had come to apologise. But obviously you're not mad at me, so now they're just get well flowers instead." Jake told the witch with a hesitant smile.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Distance (Jari)   Unexplainable Distance (Jari) EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 5:51 am

"He was going mad in our department."
"Good." she pouted, "To be fair, I don't know who made it rain in the first place, but they were genius." Making it snow had been less difficult than removing the rain would've been, she'd tried Finite Incantatum but it hadn't worked. When he'd barked at her to hurry up she'd made it snow, closed the door behind her and said she'd done all she could do before leaving. It would've been amusing to see his face though...

The kiss on her forehead caused a soft sigh on her part. One of the mood swings she experienced at times was the crazy swinging range from 'don't touch me' to 'merlin I'm dying' and it was irritating and frustrating and Marilyn was not happy with herself.
"Aren't... there methods of regulating... this with contraception? Makes it less violent?"
"I've been looking into it, there's an invisible patch that's got good reviews, weekly potions, to be honest I could probably brew them myself after a while. I'm going to the Doctors when it's over to talk to them about it." Her words cut off as another cramp his and she bit her lip, groaning softly, fists clenching, "ow, fuck, Jag- " one hand was released from its tense clench to wave a command that had Jagger bounding to the kitchen to retrieve the magically warmed hot water bottle and then trotting back to carefully lay it on her stomach.

"Thanks, boy." Mari murmured, "The cramps are killer. If I didn't have Jagger I think I'd go spare. I'm not supposed to do much magic during, I'm supposed to take it easy, but I can't just take a week off work and classes. But this guy's as good as any nurse so it's not as bad as it could be. Only about three or four more days then I'll be fine."

The witch slowly unclenched her fist as she spoke and the cramp passed and soon her boyfriend was explaining the huge bouquet of marigolds on the table and Marilyn covered her face with her hands to hide the fond smile spreading against her will. That was...so...cute, honestly, though he wouldn't appreciate the descriptor. "You..." she shook her head and pushed her hands through her curls, expression somewhat incredulous, "Thank you. You thought I was mad at you? For what, being too sweet? Come here," she scooted back carefully, making room on the couch for him to come and cuddle.

"I'm sorry for worrying you." she murmured, nuzzling her face into the crook of his neck, "I missed you." Mari breathed, the scent of mint surrounding her pleasently, relaxing her somewhat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Distance (Jari)   Unexplainable Distance (Jari) EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 7:29 am

"To be fair, I don't know who made it rain in the first place, but they were genius."

"Might have been malicious mail, or something." Jake offered softly, before letting out a soft shrug. He was quite sure it got scanned, or maybe it was just an office grudge. Merlin knew that man's temper was enough to have Jake trying to stay out the way. Though, personally he'd never tamper with other's office.

"I've been looking into it, there's an invisible patch that's got good reviews, weekly potions, to be honest I could probably brew them myself after a while. I'm going to the Doctors when it's over to talk to them about it."

Jake nodded at her explanation, frowning a moment later as pain contorted the witch's features as she sent Jagger off. Jake simply waited, trying to work out what was wrong, but as the dog came back with a hot water bottle, Jake realised it was the cramps and relaxed. "Would you like me to come with you? To see the Healers? I don't mind." Jake asked, this was something they were going to have to deal with together, because Merlin he despised seeing Marilyn like this. "Or I can ask mom if you'd prefer a girl to come with you." He added, because he didn't know whether Marilyn would mind him being there. True, he wouldn't be one hundred percent comfortable, but he was happy to sit with the witch for support.

As Marilyn explained having Jagger helped, Jake nodded, looking to the dog in question and smiling slightly. At least Marilyn would always have him to make sure she was okay, because he'd made something of a massive cock up in his understandings of what was wrong.

"Thank you. You thought I was mad at you? For what, being too sweet? Come here,"

"I didn't know why you were mad, I just figured that you were because you were either gone by the time I came to your office, or ignoring your phone. But I know now." Jake replied with a sheepish smile, moving up on to the couch beside the witch.

"I'm sorry for worrying you."

"Don't apologise, I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions." Jake told the witch, his hand instantly moving to her stomach and rubbing it gently. "I'm sorry for not being here to look after you." He whispered, kissing the side of her head. "Do you want me to stay, I can cook you dinner if you feel up to it, and make sure you are okay. I'll head back to America when you head off to work in the morning?" He offered, knowing it was the least her could do after staying away for the last couple of days.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Distance (Jari)   Unexplainable Distance (Jari) EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 12:54 pm

"Would you like me to come with you? To see the Healers? I don't mind."
"Sure. I mean, there's not really much to discuss, I hope it'll be done quickly, but sure. I'd like that" Marilyn replied, struck by the reminder that this was what people did when they were in a romantic relationship. When they cared for another. That Jake cared a lot about her wasn't really news per say, but the reminder was welcomed by the witch.

His apology was answered with a soft look and a cuddle and his offer was accepted by a nod, "I'm not really hungry, but you can cuddle me that seems to be helping" she suggested in a sly tone of voice, cudding closer. "I definitely want you to stay" she murmured softly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Distance (Jari)   Unexplainable Distance (Jari) EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 1:41 pm

"Sure. I mean, there's not really much to discuss, I hope it'll be done quickly, but sure. I'd like that"

Jake nodded in reply. "I'll be there." He told her without hesitation. The young man didn't make a comment that she'd said that she'd like many things recently. To Jake, it seemed to be a recurring manner in which she told him what she wanted. It was good though, to know that he had enough information in that area to know he was doing.

"I'm not really hungry, but you can cuddle me that seems to be helping"

"I'll make you something later." Jake told the witch softly, because she needed to eat. Jagger might be good at what he did, but Jake was quite sure that the dog couldn't cook her anything substantial. "Until then, you get all the cuddles you need." Jake told her softly, continuing to hold the witch to him gently.

"I thought you might want me to." Jake replied with a soft laugh. Setting his head back on the pillows, Jake closed his eyes, a small smile on his lips at the stupidity of the situation. Of course the witch wasn't mad at him, nor was she leaving. He really needed to calm down about it.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Distance (Jari)   Unexplainable Distance (Jari) EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 6:44 pm

Marilyn cuddled closer and smiled, giving Jagger the small hand signal to lay down and he complied, his one eye still unblinking on her to keep watch. The witch nodded when he said he'd be there without any hesitence in his voice. If she hadn't already been slightly flushed from her condition she'd have blushed. Maybe that was the hormones talking. Yes. Yes. Hormones.

Content with his promise to cook later and laughing softly at the assurance of 'cuddles' Mari grinned and settled comfortable into his arms, dozing softly in the comfortable warmth, exhausted by the effort of the days.
"I thought you might want me to."

"Mhm, 'course I do." the witch whispered, closing her eyes and falling into a relaxing sleep. Jake let her sleep, only detangling himself from her grip to whip up a quick, easy to digest dinner and waking her softly so they could eat. And of course he stayed the night, waking up with her and holding her hair when she was bent over the toilet throwing up at three in the morning, listening, albeit sleepily, to her curse at mother nature.

And when at nearly four she had rinsed with an ocean of mouthwash and washed up again, with help, they fell back into bed and Mari found herself pulled into his arms again, falling asleep instantly, Jagger at their feet. They continued this for a few days, thankfully this hell was over by Friday night, and as they laid next to each other then Marilyn thanked him for his help and for being there. Something Jake had smiled at, assuring her that she had no need to thank him.

But to Marilyn it was another piece of herself clicking into place, when she'd waited for him instead of leaving at work, taking his calls and keeping him updated on how she felt. Then again, perhaps that wasn't the right way to put it.Something was clicking into place, but it wasn't shattered pieces of her old self, but new pieces, new pieces for the new Mari, shaped and formed everyday by not just one pair of careful hands it seemed, but two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unexplainable Distance (Jari)   Unexplainable Distance (Jari) Empty

Back to top Go down

Unexplainable Distance (Jari)
Page 1 of 1