Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reconciliation (Jari)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Reconciliation (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Reconciliation (Jari)   Reconciliation (Jari) EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 11:21 am

It was a Sunday afternoon, almost evening, and the young couple were making the most of their time together as they rested on the sofa in the lounge. It was May now, and Marilyn's operation was coming closer and closer. Jake was, honestly, a little nervous about the whole thing, because this was a big thing. He would be there throughout it all though, Marilyn meant way too much to him to be any other way about it.

And Marilyn probably knew, because he'd told her how he felt when Victoria had been in the same situation, how he would be at her side the moment he was allowed to be. How he would do anything and everything she needed him to until she was recovered, because he loved her too much to think about doing anything else.

As the conversation shifted, with Marilyn curled in to him as she gently passed him another cookie with ice cream in the middle (the mess he was making was incomprehensible!), Jake was happy. She told him how she'd smoked until she was sixteen, which made Jake raise an eyebrow at her, and then how she disliked Moulin Rouge because it was too sad. Jake had, in turn, teased her about being a softie at heart, before leaning down to kiss her softly and tell her he loved her.

Each time she had admitted to something, Jake had thought it only fair to try to come up with something in return, though he couldn't find anything overly interesting about himself. He'd told her how he and Victoria had a secret hideout back in Minnesota. How he'd narrowly avoided detention so many times at Salem when sneaking out (to which Marilyn had slapped his chest playfully, telling him that she knew exactly what he'd been doing and he didn't need to lie). How the way she played with his hair made him sleepy, but also if she ran her finger over his nose gently it would do the same thing too.

It didn't seem like much to Jake, but he figured giving some things back would make this seem more like a game.

He'd just pressed a slightly longer, deeper kiss to Marilyn's lips, his hand moving along her thigh as he contemplated moving them to the bedroom for the night when the room lit up a vivid green. The Floo Network. "Expecting someone?" Jake asked uncertainly, moving his hand away from the witch's thighs and looking towards the fire uncertainly, his left hand moving to his wand, despite knowing the safety features were impenetrable.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Reconciliation (Jari)   Reconciliation (Jari) EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 12:59 pm

Learning about Jake's habits and quirks was the most endearing thing and Mari was silently grateful that he'd try to respond with a fact about himself, it made her utter honesty easier to handle. Somewhere during the evening she'd stolen his shirt, which hung slightly off her frame, her fingers curled into his soft tshirt as he'd reassured her that he'd be there for her every step of the way for her operation, because he loved her too much to even think of doing anything else, which caused her to gently cup his chin and kss him sweetly, whispering what she felt, looking him in the eyes.

"I don't think I could be more in love with you if I tried."

Chuckling when he told her which gestures made him sleepy she gently ran her finger down his nose, going to kiss the tip but he caught her lips in his and she melted in his touch. Sighing against his lips she was about to undo the shirt she was wearing when a green light filled the room and she pulled back to sit beside her boyfriend instead.

"Expecting someone?"

"I was going to ask you the same thing..."
She trailed off, recognizing the two figures that had appeared in the living room. Gwen stood proud in jeans and a tshirt, and Evan in trousers and a blue shirt, much less proudly.

"What-"
Mari moved to be slightly in front of Jake as if ready to shield him, but Evans expression made her stop mid-move.

"Marilyn..."
He began before turning to Jake as well, "Jake...I am...so sorry." He knelt on the ground before them and Marilyn's mouth fell open as she caught a glisten in Evans eyes.

"I've been...I've been acting like..."

"A dick."
Gwen supplied with a small smile.

"A dick, yes, and I can only hope to try to make it up to you both in time."
Evan looked at them, "I'm sorry for barging in like this, but as soon as Gwen helped me come to my senses I realised what I was losing out on and I had to come over, I'm so sorry-"

Mari slid off couch and wrapped her arms around his neck, burying her face against his chest and he held onto her tightly as she stood with him and he pulled back to hold his right hand out to Jake,

"Jake, I apologize deeply for my actions and my words towards you, you are, of course, you are most certainly welcome into the family. If Marilyn loves you, which I can see she does, that is enough for me."

(Mari)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reconciliation (Jari)   Reconciliation (Jari) EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 1:36 pm

The affection from Marilyn made Jake smile back against her lips, agreeing with her statement before the fire emitted two people. Two people that neither one of them expected. Jake didn't miss how Marilyn subtly moved in front of him, but it seemed...

Well...

"Marilyn..." He began before turning to Jake as well, "Jake...I am...so sorry."

That was not the dangerous, strong man Jake knew, and it showed on the utter confusion on his features. Looking to Gwen who didn't... well, she didn't look much different, but Evan was really throwing him off. But as he spoke, Jake knew this wasn't anything to do with him, this was Marilyn's decision, and whatever choice she made, Jake would back her up on it in a moment.

With the witch sliding off the sofa beside him, Jake watched as she hugged her grandfather, reconciling all differences that had made themselves known in the last couple of weeks. Jake simply cast a glance at Gwen, smiling slightly because he wasn't sure everything was quite as it should be.

But Jake was pulled in to it by Evan as the older man held out his hand to him. Jake hesitated for a moment, before taking Evan's hand and shaking it firmly. "Apology accepted, sir. But please, don't do it again, because next time I'm not letting you step foot in our house." Jake told the man in a surge of confidence that came seeing Evan in such a position. He meant it though, if Evan so much as brought a single tear to Marilyn's eyes, he would remove the man's access from the house for Marilyn's sake, she'd been through enough without her grandfather adding to it.

But after saying that, Jake's mannerisms went back to their normal friendly way, waiting for some kind of notion to what was going to happen next.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Reconciliation (Jari)   Reconciliation (Jari) EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 2:45 pm

"Apology accepted, sir. But please, don't do it again, because next time I'm not letting you step foot in our house."

Marilyn smiled at her boyfriend and hugged around his waist as Evan nodded, visibly relieved that his granddaughters suitor held no grudge, smiling. Evan finally felt more like himself again. When Mari asked what had brought this on he'd explained gently, whilst they were all seated in the living room, Gwen holding Evans hand whilst Mari sat in Jake's arms on the other sofa, that when Faith, her adoptive mother, had left it'd broken him and he'd bottled all of it up until he could no longer think clearly. That he'd been so far removed from the hurt that he'd not been himself at all, which Gwen and Mari both agreed with.

Evan told Mari he was going to be spending a lot of time with Gwen, Jamie and Cassandra, and hopefully both of them, to get through and really recover back to his normal self.

"And so, with Marilyn's operation next week, we thought perhaps you two would like to come up to one of the summer villas sometime afterwards, a family vacation of sorts. Just think about it," Evan offered, standing. After saying their goodbyes the Caldwells flooed back home and Mari hugged Jake tightly, so happy she felt she could burst. But first...

"I've got to write Louis first thing tomorrow to tell him, he was very concerned."
She mused, pulling back from their hug on the couch, "You really will like Evan, he really wasn't himself. That doesn't make it okay, but it means we can move on... he's quite a lad, you know." She murmured, nuzzling Jake's neck.

"Thank you for standing up for me like that, it was quite,
" She kissed his bottom lip, "Brave..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reconciliation (Jari)   Reconciliation (Jari) EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 3:26 pm

All through the explanation of Evan's behaviour, Jake simply sat quietly, rubbing his thumb over the back of Marilyn's hand to help her stay calm. Talking of her adoptive mother couldn't be easy, and Jake simply did what he always did, waited for him to need to do or say something to make sure everything was okay.

"And so, with Marilyn's operation next week, we thought perhaps you two would like to come up to one of the summer villas sometime afterwards, a family vacation of sorts. Just think about it,"

"Marilyn will need a fair amount of time to recover first. But maybe when she's better, we'll think about it." Jake replied to her grandfather, smiling despite his statement because it was a nice offer, possibly one they'd take up. But they wouldn't rush Marilyn's treatment to be there, or make her feel she had to. Thankfully though, they were gone soon after, and Jake relaxed back in to the sofa, lying out on the sofa and pulling Marilyn on top of him.

When he was told he would like Evan in time, Jake smiled slightly. "I hope so, I mean, I want him to like me, and to like him back the same way. Without, you know, wanting to hurt me." Jake joked lightly. "Though I don't see him as much of a lad..." He added thoughtfully, though thought was lost as she nuzzled against his neck affectionately.

"Thank you for standing up for me like that, it was quite," She kissed his bottom lip, "Brave..."

Jake let out a light chuckle, pressing a light kiss on Marilyn's lips. "Foolish might be a better word, but I don't want him to think he can hurt you again and get welcomed back so freely. Though, obviously, that is your decision, not mine." He amended, wrapping his arms around the witch and smiling warmly up at her.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Reconciliation (Jari)   Reconciliation (Jari) EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 3:48 pm

"I hope so, I mean, I want him to like me, and to like him back the same way. Without, you know, wanting to hurt me." Jake joked lightly. "Though I don't see him as much of a lad..."

"Trust me, you will, he was a bit of a player when they met, he was nearly nineteen and she was seventeen, took them a year to actually admit to one another that they were an official thing. Two and a half years after that she was walking down the aisle with my one year old...mum. Came as a shock to everybody, that the great womanizer had settled down. They still flirt with each other incessently, it's almost gross,"
she laughed.

"Foolish might be a better word, but I don't want him to think he can hurt you again and get welcomed back so freely. Though, obviously, that is your decision, not mine."

"Nah, it was brave..."
she kissed his collarbone and smirked up at him, meeting his happy expression as she proceeded to demonstrate just how brave she thought it had been...which led to them both not managing to leave the living room until late at night, when they more or less stumbled into bed, entangled in each other and happier than ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reconciliation (Jari)   Reconciliation (Jari) Empty

Back to top Go down

Reconciliation (Jari)
Page 1 of 1