Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Student Profiles

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Student Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Student Profiles   Student Profiles EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:34 am

Violet Lynch

House: Hufflepuff

Notes: Violets have a rather unique property: they excrete a chemical that desensitises one’s ability to detect scent for short moments at a time. While not causing permanent damage, the sense of smell is overridden for a brief few moments, which not everyone may realize at first. Like the plant she was named after, Violet has a tendency to desensitise one – not merely the sense of smell, but all 5 senses - after initial contact; her sweet appearance turns in the blink of an eye, causing a shut down of ones' senses for a brief moment.

Ironically, she also reminds me of the ‘African violets’, which are not actually part of the violet family. Beautiful to look at, and seemingly of easy care, African violets demand a lot of attention and care, always needing to be re-potted; not because they have out grown a pot, but rather because they need new soil to continue growing. Similarly, my Violet gives me the impression of constantly needing new experiences or things with which to get invested in. Boredom may therefore be an issue, with her needing new ‘soil’ every so often.
Back to top Go down

Student Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Profiles   Student Profiles EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:44 am

Victoria Newbury

House: Hufflepuff

Notes: When I first met Victoria, I immediately thought of lobelia fulgens, or 'Queen Victoria' as it is sometimes referred to (admittedly, it was the name I matched, but as I got to know her, I found this to be true for their characteristics as well). Able to bloom in many different conditions - adaptable, some might say - it reflects the personality of my Victoria perfectly, for she seems the type that blossoms no matter where she is placed. The bright colours of the Queen Victoria are sought after by butterflies, bees, and hummingbirds, possibly also for their sweet nectar. Victoria Newbury, too, attracts personalities of both the birds and the bees.

I believe this is due to her personality – her nectar; her innermost being – which is not only nice for the soul, but healthy too. As the nectar of the flower helps to nourish many different creatures, big or small, this girl is also doing that with hers. I have yet to see someone who converses with this girl come away without having some part of their person nourished by her. As the plant is a beautiful addition to any garden, this girl would brighten up almost any location she enters.
Back to top Go down

Student Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Profiles   Student Profiles EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:52 am

Josh Murray

House: Slytherin

Notes: The Snargaluff seems to be part representation of the boy, hiding dangerous aspects with a calm exterior. The plant, during extraction process, seems to offer up its pods willingly; however, place your hand into the opening and one finds it was but a trap. Similarly, I feel that Josh can, at times, display inviting features only for it to turn out to be a trap. Unlike the Snargaluff, however, Josh does not hide behind a dull and uninviting persona. Rather, he has an alluring aura surrounding him, drawing people nearer.

In that way, he reminds me of the Yellow Jassamine - a bright yellow flower that attracts bees, who hope to gather the nectar. Unfortunately for the bees, they always end up dead, poisoned by the chemicals that are secreted by the flower. It is lucky in the world of Herbology that nobody has attempted to combine the Snargaluff and the Yellow Jassamine, for the results would be terrifying to imagine: an inviting, appealing plant that lures in people only to turn into a creature from one's nightmare. That is, in essence, what Josh Murray is.
Back to top Go down

Student Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Profiles   Student Profiles EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:57 am

Tess Holmes

House: Slytherin

Notes: Tess Holmes, at first glance, was an unassuming young witch, and, in a way, she reminded me of the Bougainvillea. One of my favourite plants, what one initially thinks of as a flower is in fact its leaves - the flower itself is small, sitting quietly in the middle of the leaves. This appearance is like an illusion to fool the person who merely walks by; in order to fully understand the real flower, one must get close and personal, taking the time to examine the plant. That is what I think it is like to be close to Tess. In order to fully understand her flower - the true self - one must be willing to look closely, not stand at a distance and stare.

This flower of hers, I believe, mirrors the Agave, in particular, those species that are self-relying - they do not depend on other sources. Sturdy plants, they endure many types of climates, able to survive on the bare minimum of water and the like. The most interesting feature of any agave, and also the reason I believe that Tess is a replicate of this plant, is that, when producing their flower (the climax of its life, one might say) the plant dies. Tess, it seems to me, hides something beautiful and stunning inside of her being, which will only come out when she is well and ready; I do not mean she has to die for this to happen, not physically, at least. Perhaps there is something holding her back and, one she gets rid of this (killing it, to put another way) her flower will bloom for all to see.

Back to top Go down

Student Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Profiles   Student Profiles EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 6:02 am

Cassidy Young

House: Gryffindor

Notes: Cassidy reminds me of a bamboo plant, in particular, the golden bamboo. Like most bamboo, nothing can stand in its way once it sets out to do its thing - in all cases, grow. Likewise, I believe that, once having set her mind on a goal, Cassidy will do whatever it takes to reach it; she is a determined and fairly stubborn girl. The difference between golden bamboo and other types is simple: when exposed to the sun, the bamboo shoots turn from the typical green to a beautiful yellowish hue, which makes it one of the most wanted species of bamboo; this is how I picture the girl. Average to most, I believe in the right conditions, she will display properties unique to her alone. Bamboo plants are favourites among gardeners, as they are easy to grow and, to put simply, 'user friendly'. Similarly, Cass is easy to get along with and an overall friendly girl.

Back to top Go down

Student Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Profiles   Student Profiles EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 6:02 am

Rhian Holmes

House: Gryfiindor

Notes: When one thinks of roses, one normally pictures the typical red roses given on special occasions - or any of the other colours they come in. The shape always remains the same, and that is why the rosa rubiginosa is so unique. Also from the rose family, this particular species of rose breaks all the 'norms' of roses as people see them. Spread out like the majority of more common flowers, but still belonging to the special group of roses, this flower is a special one indeed. Rhian, from what I can tell, is like this: she breaks the norms of her type of people, doing her own thing in her own way, and shining as she does it. Another special feature of this particular species is that it is evergreen - its leaves do not turn brown in winter or fall off. Rather, it continues to bloom throughout - rain, sun, or snow. This is how I imagine Rhian - able to shine in her own quiet, unassuming ways even through the hardest of times.

This reminds me of another rose - the Rose of Jericho, or, selaginella lepidophylla. The main feature of this plant that is so astonishing is that, when in dry weather, it curls inwards (turning brown) unfolding when the littlest of water comes into contact with it (and also going back to the lush green). It, in that sense, 'resurrects' itself. I truly believe that Rhian is capable of this - to others, it may seem as if hardships have gotten the best of her, but at the very moment an opportunity presents itself, she will be able to spring back up to life, as good as new - and perhaps even better than she was before.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Student Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Profiles   Student Profiles Empty

Back to top Go down

Student Profiles
Page 1 of 1