Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting Out and About

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blair Castellano
Graduate
Graduate
Blair Castellano

Getting Out and About Empty
PostSubject: Getting Out and About   Getting Out and About EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 4:03 am

Blair shivered slightly in the chilly November wind and walked into Honeyduke's sweet shop quickly, pulling the door closed behind her and pulling her arms close to her sides. She couldn't help the smile that crept across her face at the sight that greeted her; giant amounts of candies, all over the place. She had always loved this place and had to restrain herself from jumping around like a schoolgirl with excitement. Sparing a thought to how glad she was that she brought money, Blair grabbed a basket and began to make her way around the store, picking out her favourites.

As she went along, she thought of all the things she still had to do at the book shop; there was an entire new shipment of The Dream Oracle that she still had to stock and shelve, and that was just the beginning; at least it wasn't like the invisibility book that they had tried to buy ages ago... it was invisible, and that lead to a host of problems in and of itself. Blair shook her head and chuckled before taking down a jar of Pumpkin Pasties and examining it. Mmm, she thought, smiling, just as good as ever. She would definitely need to pick some of these up today.
Back to top Go down
http://breathingwiththetrees.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Getting Out and About   Getting Out and About EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 8:08 am

OOC: It's currently March, almost April in game, but I'll be happy to post with you! Also, you might wanna pick a lighter colour, the pink is a little hard on the eyes!

April had brought with it a time of relative happiness in Jake's life. After moving in with his girlfriend and the approved visa for his residence in the U.K now, Jake had a lot of stress taken from his mind. Today, he was in Hogsmeade, looking for something to get his parents in way of a thank you for the help they'd been with the move to England.

Deciding a little hamper of British goodies might be the best way forward in that moment, Jake had slipped in to the small sweet shop and began perusing the aisles. His eyes were on the shelves mainly as he walked, so the Professor had missed the girl, or rather woman that he walked straight in to. "I'm so sorry!" Jake managed after he was sure the woman hadn't fallen, letting her go the moment he was sure so not to look forward in any manner.

"Too busy looking at the shelves, my sincere apologies." Jake told the witch, ready to move around her. The ex-Quidditch star began to look back at the shelves again, deciding against interrupting someone else's day as he tried to find something good for adults.
Back to top Go down
Blair Castellano
Graduate
Graduate
Blair Castellano

PostSubject: Re: Getting Out and About   Getting Out and About EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 1:46 pm

OOC: My bad, I'm so used to just going with what month it is in my world, I just automatically went with that. Thanks for letting me know though! I'll also play around with the colours a bit... the purple looked better on my screen last night.

Blair nearly dropped the jar of Pumpkin Pasties as the man had run into her. Too glad she had kept her grip to be annoyed, she said, "You're fine," as her eyes ran him up and down. She smiled slightly as he browsed the shelves and looked into her basket... she had gotten quite a bit in her short time in the store; Chocolate Frogs and Cauldron Cakes and even some Bertie Bott's Beans for whenever she was feeling adventurous. She chuckled as she added some of the Pumpkin Pasties to her pile. She had always had a sweet tooth, and was glad that Honeyduke's was still just as full as ever. "Have you ever tried these?" She asked, holding the jar up up slightly so the man could see what was in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting Out and About   Getting Out and About EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 3:09 pm

OOC: You're fine - just giving a hand - but do ask if you need help with anything! I'm willing to help!

"You're fine,"

Jake gave the witch a small smile and continued on his way up the aisle, still looking for something for his parents. However, this idea was short lived, with a question coming his way, Jake paid attention. Looking back to the girl and what she was holding.

"Oh, I don't have a sweet tooth. I'm trying to find something for my parents." Jake replied to her question, a small smile on his lips. "But probably tried it at some point, my best friend at school was made for British candy." Jake explained, allowing a small shrug and looking back to the shelves.

Why did buying presents have to be so hard.
Back to top Go down
Blair Castellano
Graduate
Graduate
Blair Castellano

PostSubject: Re: Getting Out and About   Getting Out and About EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 2:16 pm

Blair chuckled and put the Pasties away, grabbing her basketful of goodies. She picked up some regular chocolates before making to head over to the gummy section - her personal favourite. She hesitated and looked at the man once more. "Parents usually like the toothflossing stringmints..." she remarked. She had gotten them for her parents just the Christmas beforehand because she had no idea what else to get. "Mine got a good laugh out of it, at least." she smiled and placed the basket on her hip to hold it more comfortably.

Walking over to the gummy wands, which were her personal favourite candies, Blair picked up a good handful. She felt a little guilty when she looked at the basket in her arms, but then reminded herself that she was stocking up for a while. She had worked hard in the shop and rarely had time to leave, so this batch was supposed to last at least a month. She smiled as she approached the checkout counter, grabbing her little bag of coins while she went.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting Out and About   Getting Out and About EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 5:11 pm

"Parents usually like the toothflossing stringmints..."

"Thanks..." Jake replied, looking at the product she'd pointed out and deciding to head to the counter and ask for a hamper to be made up for him instead. It would probably look nicer too... Next time, he was going to ask Marilyn for ideas before he did this.

Jake had just finished explaining to the shop assistant when the young woman he'd spoken to made it back to the counter with her... overloaded basket of sweets. "Feeding the poor?" Jake teased gently, before deciding it might do well to introduce himself. "I'm Jake, by the way, Jake Newbury." He told her, holding out his hand in a polite gesture to shake.
Back to top Go down
Blair Castellano
Graduate
Graduate
Blair Castellano

PostSubject: Re: Getting Out and About   Getting Out and About EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 5:22 pm

"I don't know that I would feed starving people sweets," Blair laughed and shook the man's hand. "I'm Blair Castellano. It's lovely to meet you." She paid the woman behind the counter and turned towards Jake while she put the sweets into a separate bag. "This stash is supposed to last me a month or so; I don't leave the bookshop too often... but my sweet tooth is insatiable sometimes." Blair grabbed her bag and selected a gummy wand to munch on as she spoke. She smiled as she chewed, savouring the flavours that she had grown to know so well. They still tasted like the Honeyduke's wands that she had first gotten when she was a little girl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting Out and About   Getting Out and About EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 5:56 pm

Jake conceded the point on not feeding starving people sweets, probably wouldn't do much good. But, he hadn't been serious on that point, so he didn't find it anyway demeaning that she was correcting him in that moment. The introduction made Jake smile slightly, unusual name, but he didn't say that out loud. "Nice to meet you, too."

With the explanation on the cacophony of sweets, Jake nodded in understanding. "That makes so much more sense. You work at the bookshop?" Jake asked, paying the man for the hamper and then a little bit extra to get it sent back to the US in the first class mail.

He then added another couple of coins for a liquorice wand, motioning for the witch beside him to take the lead out on to the street. "I don't come down here often. Off chance I came, actually. I find the American equivalent of Hogsmeade is much more satisfying, personally." The American wizard explained with a small smile, biting in to his liquorice wand. Okay, it wasn't too bad, but Jake didn't think he'd buy one again.
Back to top Go down
Blair Castellano
Graduate
Graduate
Blair Castellano

PostSubject: Re: Getting Out and About   Getting Out and About EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 6:06 pm

"The American equivalent?" Blair stared at Jake, her mouth slightly open. She had never really given thought to the world across the sea, but she supposed they liked sweets too. "What's that one like? That sounds like a good enough reason to visit by itself!" She took another bite off of her gummy wand and grinned. She couldn't imagine any sort of sweets that could be better than Honeyduke's, or even any of the magical shops that aligned both Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley; two of her favourite places to shop. Maybe I'm just biased, she thought to herself as she swallowed her bite of wand. "You don't have a sweet tooth, but you like the American candies?" If American candy was that good, maybe she needed to give it a try herself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting Out and About   Getting Out and About EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:36 pm

The questions that came confused Jake for a moment before remembering that him being American meant he was more than familiar with it. "Oh, we have a street, at Salem, the American school, called Greenswitch, and in honesty it's so much better than the English version, here." He explained, motioning to Hogsmeade Village. Sure, it wasn't as quaint, but it had better shops. but that was his personal opinion.

"You don't have a sweet tooth, but you like the American candies?"

"Oh, no, I still don't like the candies, just the street." Jake replied with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Blair Castellano
Graduate
Graduate
Blair Castellano

PostSubject: Re: Getting Out and About   Getting Out and About EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 4:30 pm

"To be completely honest with you," Blair said to Jake, finishing off her gummy wand and licking her lips, "I've never met anyone who doesn't like sweets." She thought for a moment before continuing, "I like the sound of Greenswitch though. I'll have to make a visit sometime." Although she had not gotten much of a chance to travel other than Hogwarts, Blair was anxious to see the rest of the world, and she had heard lots of neat things about America, so it was quite high on her list of visiting places.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting Out and About   Getting Out and About EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 4:36 pm

"I've never met anyone who doesn't like sweets."

Jake let out a soft chuckle at that. "I'm too used to my diet from being a pro-Quidditch player. All the nice stuff was off limits. Kinda got used to it. And... well, I'd rather keep in shape than indulge, so I try not to give in to temptation." Jake explained with a small smile. To most, it was weird, but he thankfully had a girlfriend and family that understood that he ate specific things to keep in shape, and avoided things that had content that simply wasn't very good for him.

"I like the sound of Greenswitch though. I'll have to make a visit sometime."

"You should, and whilst you're there, head up to the Shrouded Stepstones. It's haunted, but it's quite something." Jake insisted, pausing in the street. "I'm sorry, I have to go now, but, hopefully, we'll meet again soon. Bye, Blair!" Jake told the witch, spinning on the spot and heading home to Marilyn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Out and About   Getting Out and About Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting Out and About
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts, A Future :: Game 6 Archives :: Hogwarts & UK-
Jump to: