Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) Empty
PostSubject: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 9:00 pm

As Chara made her way down the road to Hogsmeade, she briefly wondered if she would bump into Alex. Over the past few months she had gotten closer to the Slytherin, becoming - if she dared to say it - friends with him. If she was to be honest, she wasn't entirely sure what they were; she hoped he considered them to be friends. It would help when it came time to choose. The weather was fair today, with the sun having dried the road a few hours before she left, and she enjoyed the change from the wetness of rain. Last weekend it had been storming, so much so that she refused to leave, watching out the window of the library as some of the other students risked getting wet. It was obvious to her that they did not care for their appearances or their health, something she would never understand. To her, those two thing were of vast importance, for no respectable pure-blood family would allow their son to choose a sloppy, sick female. Indeed, no respectable pure-blood male would even consider someone like that.

As she neared the shops, she adjusted her bag, opening it and slipping out a list of what she needed, written down in her neat penmanship. She scanned it once over before keeping it back in the outer pocket of the sling bag and moving towards the Quill shop. After making her purchase, she consulted her shopping list once more and continued to the next shop. As she navigated down the path, her eyes travelled to the sign that boasted 'Spintwitches - For All Your Sporting Needs' and paused. If Alexander had ventured out, she reckoned this was the shop he would be in. At least, she hoped she was right; she knew him enough to know he enjoyed sports, but not well enough to be able to predict his actions. Not yet, at least, she thought as she changed direction midway and entered the sports shop.

She had never been in there before, and she quickly tried to make up an excuse as to why she would be there if anyone asked, but was drawing a blank. All the while, she scanned the few people in the store, hoping that one of them would be the heir she wanted to meet with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 2:33 am

There was no denying that things between Alexander and Chara were developing slowly in to a friendship. It had started out as studying one night in the Great Hall together. Moving to the library as they grew more comfortable. Alexander wouldn't deny it wasn't helpful, studying was boring to him at the best of times, but the Hufflepuff helped to keep him on track.

It had occurred to him at times that she might only be doing this because of his fortune, but Alexander pushed that away when she smiled. Chara had a very pretty smile.

Shaking his head, Alexander stepped in to Spintwitches. This shop was his favourite in the street, and normally the only one he bothered with except Honeydukes. Going through the running gear, Alexander looked at the latest trainers, wondering whether he should get new ones. He'd decided against it when he remembered he'd brought two pairs last time he'd been here. Instead he just took to getting some new trainer socks and putting it on his family account. Money wasn't anything Alexander ever carried.

He'd just been ready to leave when he noted a witch of very familiar appearance and a smile touched his lips. Chara couldn't look more out of place in this shop if she tried. Moving down a different aisle, Alexander slipped behind her, lowering his voice considerably.

"You either forgot to mention you liked sports, or I'm going to assume you are following me..." He teased softly, letting out a soft chuckle as he stepped away. That was quite an amusing thought, but a welcome one no less, not that he'd say that out loud. That wasn't the kind of thing he wanted to talk about at all. Not now.

"What brings you here?" He added, giving her room to explain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 3:01 am

Who knew there were so many types of broom polish? she thought to herself, catching a glimpse at the rows of product. Each container bragged of different abilities - smooth grip, non-sticky, shine-guaranteed... - and she brushed past them without a second glance. What Alex could possibly see in this store she had no idea, but she continued to search, moving towards the back of the place when she thought she heard someone move directly behind her, too close to be by accident.

Just before she could turn, she heard a familiar voice say, "You either forgot to mention you liked sports, or I'm going to assume you are following me..." By now she knew how to recognize Alex's style of joking, and the chuckle that followed his statement only proved her right. Smiling, she turned to face him, also with a soft laugh. Before she could say anything, however, Alex continued with the one question she hoped he wouldn't ask.

Not letting the smile falter, she tried to come up with a reasonable explanation as quickly as she could; I was looking for sports shoes? No, someone like her would never wear those. I needed... She quickly stole a glance around. A broom fixing kit? Nobody in their right minds would buy that.

Too many seconds had already passed; any longer and she would come across as dumb, something that could not happen. Having not come up with anything good, she simply smiled and said, "I was just curious as to what would be sold here," and hoped for the best. "What about you? Did you get anything worthwhile?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 3:55 am

The sound of laughter filled the air a moment later, it was a nice sound though, Chara's laugh wasn't false which was fresh given their upbringing. As she turned to him, he could see quite clearly that she was struggling from the amount of time it took. Which meant he hadn't been entirely wrong in his assumption before.

Her answer brought a soft chuckle from his lips. "It's a sports shop, Muggle and magical, what were you expecting?" Alexander asked, shaking his head slightly. Her question made him hold up his bag. "Just socks, I've ruined more than I care to admit in the winter." He explained.

"Was going to head back to the castle to be honest. Are you staying for much else?" He asked, already seeing through her answer enough to know it was a lie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 5:13 am

"It's a sports shop, Muggle and magical, what were you expecting?"

It was no use lying to the boy in front of her, she realized too late. Her smile turned into a slight chuckle as he spoke, knowing she had been caught out. Lying was one of her strengths - if she had the time to think out and plan a story. Spurning out a falsehood when caught in the moment was something she had never been able to do. Of course, as a pure-blood, she never 'lied'; she merely told truth as she saw it, whether or not that truth was the truth as everybody else saw it. Nobody, after all, dared question the word of someone from her status - except, of course, those higher in the social ladder. "Honestly? I was looking for you," she admitted. "I was getting bored shopping on my own, that's all," she added as way of explanation. Hopefully he would buy this more than her previous statement; at least this was partially true.

"Are you staying for much else?"

Majority of her shopping list was still unchecked, but that was not what her thoughts were on. Instead, choosing her words carefully, she said, "Well.." She let a moment pass, as though thinking, before switching focus and asking, "Actually, have you been to Honeyduke's yet? I heard they have some new products out that I was thinking of trying. I'm not so sure if they're worth it, though." Before he answered, she ran through the structure of her sentence in her mind, satisfied that whatever his answer, she would end up with him. Somehow, despite the fact that he could be rather annoying, she found herself enjoying his company, even if just a little.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 5:28 pm

"Honestly? I was looking for you,"

Now there, that was the honesty he'd been looking for. Alexander couldn't help but smile at her words. "Well, you found me." He told her, motioning to the door. He gathered they were both done here, so there was no point in them staying in here for now. Following Chara in to the street, Alexander wondered where else he needed to go.

At the mention of Honeyduke's Alexander's mind was made up. Nodding in acceptance of her offer of joining her, Alexander started in that direction. "What have they got that's new? I haven't heard of any promotions..." He asked, wondering how he'd missed it when he was always on top of these things.

"If you want, perhaps we can get a Butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks afterwards?" Alexander suggested, he wasn't sure whether she'd want to, but he had nothing better to do with his afternoon, so he might as well use the time wisely. Merlin knew he had a big decision coming up very, very soon.

And he most certainly needed to make the right one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 10:02 pm

"Well, you found me."

With a wry smile, she replied, "I guess I did," as she moved out of the store. She heard him follow right behind, and for a moment she wondered where the day would go. All their homework slash studying sessions together had been good and fun, but their conversations during those time were never anything truly deep or meaningful. Not to her, at least.

"What have they got that's new?"

Okay, so maybe she had stretched the truth slightly on that. The 'new' items she mentioned had been some promotion thing she heard of from the previous year, a whole 3 months ago. "Well," she started slowly, the thought suddenly striking her that the items might not even be on sale. "Do you remember how last December, some older pure-blood from your house had a promotion of her own line of sweets?" She paused and let out a small laugh. "I don't, because I wasn't here at that time. My family had some function to attend. However, I heard that they've been put in the Honeyduke stocks recently, so I figured I would give it a try."

At his invitation for a drink, she smiled a proper smile. A Butterbeer was exactly what she needed to end a shopping trip - even if she hadn't actually bought everything she needed. It was also a very good sign for her, because for once, it wasn't at her hinting or suggestion; Alex himself had taken the initiative to ask. A small tingle of hope started inside her, knowing that the Slytherin's time to choose was approaching nearer - when exactly, she wasn't sure - and this drink would be a good opportunity to have a long and proper conversation, one not interrupted by classes. "I would love to," she replied, turning down the road that led to the sweet shop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 5:44 am

"Oh, the Grey girl, yeah I remember. Never really saw the Pureblood in her, but there must be something if the Murray's are getting involved. But..." Alexander looked around, checking they couldn't be heard. "There's always been something funny around the Head Boy. If you know what I mean." He continued, shaking his head, Josh Murray scared Alexander, but it would be stupid not to find the Head Boy scary.

"Let's just hope they taste good." Alexander joked as they crossed the street, when they got to the door he opened the door for the witch, motioning her in first. The Cavendish family were known for their manners and Alexander wouldn't let that slip. Even if he wasn't overly fond of getting the door for anyone.

"I need to get some liquorice wands and chocolate frogs. I'm all out!" Alexander explained, moving towards the sweets that were labelled as new and looking over them. Chocolate polar bears were in stock from the Grey girl, stating the noses showed the flavour. They were moving around the box and Alexander smiled at the boxes, this was quite cool.

He wasn't thinking too much about the drink, Chara still confused him a little, but her company was nice. And it was always nice to have company when you were working. Today would just be another step, another insight on the witch he could potentially be betrothed to in the next few months. A scary thought in itself, but not one that made him feel disgusted as some of his suitors had.

But that wasn't an idea for now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 6:47 am

"Oh, the Grey girl, yeah I remember..."

She nodded in agreement as he spoke, glad that she wasn't the only one that thought the girl could use much more training. But, like Alex had pointed out, the Murray's were of very high standards, and therefore there must have been something awfully impressive about the Grey member. "I do. There is something different to his demeanour. I can't quite place it," she said, lowering her voice so as not to be overheard, not that anyone around them was within listening range. "I would not personally want to be wed to him." Realizing how that would sound, she quickly continued with, "Unless, of course, it is required of me."

Entering the shop with a word of thanks to the boy, she waited for him to follow behind her, moving with him to view the latest products. As he looked at what appeared to be moving polar bear chocolate, she was busy looking through a list of flavours for some kind of cobra lollies - these came with a warning not to place two in the same space. "I have a fondness for the Glacial Snow Flakes," she commented, scanning the other boxes of sweets. "And most chocolates, but I don't eat much of those any more." Mostly because chocolate makes me fat and I've been limited by my mother, she thought,, but didn't say anything aloud. It didn't really matter; she snuck a few pieces whenever she could - that was why she carried some money with her, to make purchases without knowledge of her parents - and just made herself content with other forms of sweets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 8:02 am

The witch beside him corrected herself often, Alexander noted early on. This time he simply chuckled as she insisted that she wouldn't want to marry the Murray heir. "Well, you might get lucky! The engagement was publicly ended, I believe, or at least everyone in the Slytherin Common Room says so!" He explained. "But if not the Murray heir, then who would you like to be wed to?" He asked, he was quite clearly teasing her, but he was curious. "If you are serious in regards to the matter, I mean."

As they scanned the delves, Alexander watched her looking through the shelves, noting the ones that her eyes were drawn to the most. The cobra lollies were unusual and Alexander wasn't sure he'd like to try them.

Too much bite, Alexander mused to himself.

"Chocolate is nice, I must agree, truffles are nicer though." He explained, motioning to the cabinet at the front. "I used to really like Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans, but when I ended up sick after eating a vomit flavoured one, my mother forbade me from eating them again." He explained, motioning to the boxes behind them.

"How about you show me the chocolates you would like and I'll buy them for you. A present, if you like, for helping me with my homework over the last couple of weeks." Alexander suggested, hoping this would be okay to the girl beside him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:19 am

At his suggestion, she shook her head in mock horror, chuckling softly. His humor took some getting use to, but she genuinely enjoyed it. His question, however, made her stop and think. Most of the things he asked her tended to have that effect: they startled and then just baffled her, and although she knew he was joking, she also knew by now that he expected truthful answers, not one she was taught to give. This made it both harder and easier for her at the same time; easier because she didn't need to lie, harder because she was so programmed to give 'correct' replies that she always had to think hard before answering. It was also harder in the sense that the truth was much more difficult to put up with than a lie, and that part always worried her.

"If I could choose," she started slowly, repeating his words to give her more time to think. "I honestly don't know. I'd like to think it would be someone I truly love and who truly loves me back. Or, at the very least, a close friend." The words felt like almost another language as they left her and at once she regretted it. Those were not things she was permitted to say, ever - not even alone in her room, and especially not to a potential husband. Yet, the wizard before her always seemed to have that effect on her; he tended to make her say and do things she either regretted, or knew she shouldn't be saying or doing.

At his tale of the sweets, she laughed. "I've never been allowed to try them for that very reason! My tutor said that risks like those are not something a proper witch should take." She lowered her voice to a conspirational whisper. "I ate one a friend gave me a long time ago. I still remember the flavour: strawberry and cream."

"How about you show me the chocolates you would like and I'll buy them for you."

A moment went by in silence as the suggestion was processed by her unbelieving brain. Nobody had ever offered to but her anything before, and for a moment, she didn't know how to react. "If you're sure," she blurted out before she could catch it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 5:08 pm

"I honestly don't know. I'd like to think it would be someone I truly love and who truly loves me back. Or, at the very least, a close friend." 

Alexander had smiled ruefully at her answer. He was very aware of what he was asking and knew that the answer would be a difficult one to cone up with. But what he liked was the simple fact Chara was becoming more and more open with him which meant they could be brutally honest about these things. "You'll have to keep your hopes up then." The Slytherin replied, though exactly what he meant by that was to be seen.

The conspiring whisper that the witch had tried the beans without being allowed to made Alexander smile. Despite wanting a wife that listened to everything he said, Alexander liked the notion of her being a free spirit and doing some things she wanted. "At least you got a nice one, I was sick for a while, couldn't get the taste away, it was horrible." Alexander insisted, screwing his nose up momentarily.

The notion of being sure made Alexander smile at the witch. "I wouldn't offer if I wasn't sure. Get some extras so I can try some though, please." Alexander told her, waving her off to the counter to pick out what she wanted. "
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 8:22 am

"You'll have to keep your hopes up then."

His answer neither reassured her or unnerved her; it only made her even more confused than ever. The vague statement could take many meanings, many of which were complete opposites of each other. Did he mean that he was going to choose her and that they were close friends? Or did he mean he was not going to choose her because they were not close friends? Too many ways of interpretation just made Chara stop thinking about it altogether, instead deciding to give him back the very question he asked her. "What about you?"

Making a tiny look of disgust - barely noticeable, if at all - she nodded. "I can't even begin to imagine what that that must have like." A small chuckle left her as she glanced over and saw the look on his face. Stifling it at once. "Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh. That was rude of me," she apologized instantly, as she had been taught.

"I wouldn't offer if I wasn't sure. Get some extras so I can try some though, please."

She smiled at him, grateful. "Anything in particular you want?" she asked, waiting for his answer before heading off towards the chocolate isle. The first thing she knew she wanted were chocoballs - those were her absolute favourite, but were a treat she rarely had. Placing a box gently in a basket, she moved further down the rows to add a box of charmed-chocs to her loot. Not wanting to take advantage of his offer, she stopped there, moving back to Alex with a small smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 7:25 am

As the question came back to him, Alexander simply let out a soft chuckle. "What I would like, and what I will get will always be two very different things, so I stop pretending I can have what I like and focus on what I'm going to get and how to make the most of it." Alexander's reply came with a small smile, there was no definitive answer really, for either of them, though he at least got something of a choice.

The laughter that came from Chara followed by an apology brought a soft laugh from Alexander too. Did he mind? Not really, there were worse things to be laughed at for. "It's fine, it was an amusing story." Alexander waved away her apology as if it was nothing, because really, it wasn't anything at all.

"Anything in particular you want?"

"No thanks, I'll share yours." Alexander told her, watching her move off before he turned his attention to the exploding bonbons. Once he'd picked out an ample supply, Alexander could see Chara coming back. Motioning to the counter, the duo moved to the front, and Alexander didn't even have to state who he was.

"Would you like me to put this on your account, sir?" The shopkeeper asked, and Alexander simply nodded. Some people weren't worth talking to.

"Sure you've got everything you need?" Alexander asked, because in reality she hadn't taken much and he didn't wish for her to be polite in this situation, though girls had something of a habit for doing exactly that more often than not. When the packing was done, Alexander took the bag, no exchange of money happening at the counter, and turned towards the door. "Did you need to go anywhere else? Before we go to The Three Broomsticks, I mean?" He asked the witch, not minding to carry her bags.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 7:53 am

His answer was so much better than hers that she at once felt embarrassed; she was the one who was supposed to be trained to answer these sort of question, whereas the guys were trained to ask! She should have been able to give that sort of answer off the top of her head. The training, it seemed, had not done much to help her in that area. It was something she realized she should bring up the next time the tutor came around: answering impromptu question accurately.

"It's fine, it was an amusing story."

A shy smile crossed her face momentarily. "I'm don't think I have any of those," she admitted, realizing it herself for the first time. Before, she had never once given any thought to anecdotes of her life, but hearing Alex talk about his own suddenly made her secretly wish for some. Still, that would have meant she was not raised properly, so maybe on second thought, it was not too good a thing for a female of her status to have.

Following him to the counter, she waited as the cashier packed their things neatly away. "I'm sure, thank you," she said to the Slytherin, smiling. She almost reached out to take the bags from the table, but Alexander beat her to it and she decided to leave it as that. As they approached the door, she shook her head in reply to his question. "No, I don't think I do."

Leaving the shop behind, the two made their way towards The Three Broomsticks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 8:39 am

Alexander wasn't sure if he'd said something to upset the witch beside him when no answer came in regards to the question of marriage. Oh well, it wasn't as if it wasn't fiercely obvious they had no choice, and that wishes were for people with no upbringing, or idea of how to better themselves. Though, the Cavendish family would really have to go some to better themselves, that was for sure.

"Funny stories?" Alexander asked, shaking his head. "It's okay, you probably do, they just don't always present themselves unless they wish to be known. Which, they're mostly embarrassing, so you should probably take it to be a good thing." He told her with a small smile, hoping to reassure the witch that there wasn't anything wrong with not having funny stories like his own.

Seeing as they finished, Alexander got the door for Chara and they walked relatively quietly across the street to the pub. Once again, Alexander got the door, and they moved to the bar where Alexander ordered two butterbeers. He didn't think to ask, his father always did the same for his mother, ordering for her. It didn't come consciously, and when they'd been served (again the cost being put on to Alexander's account which would be settled by the Cavendish accountant) they'd moved to a booth nearby.

After getting comfy and taking a small sip of the beer, Alexander looked towards the witch opposite him with a small smile. "So, apart from stalking me all the way down to Hogsmeade, how has your weekend been so far?" Alexander asked, he enjoyed teasing Chara in the nicest of manners, it normally made her open up more, and it made it easy to make judgements.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 8:32 am

" Which, they're mostly embarrassing, so you should probably take it to be a good thing."

She returned his smile, chuckling lightly. "I suppose," she commented. Truth be told it wasn't the stories in themselves that she wanted, but rather, memories. Memories of adventure and having fun versus that of hours upon hours indoors leaning the ways to properly conduct oneself. But she wasn't complaining - she knew it was simply part of who she was, and that was something she held with the utmost pride.

As they entered the bar, Chara had not needed to order; Alexander had done so for her, not that she minded. A butterbeer was exactly what she would have purchased either way, and the drinks arrived promptly. Following him to the booth, she took her seat opposite him, keeping her back straight and legs firmly on the ground, one foot tucked neatly behind the other; she did so without so much as a second thought, having had all this programmed into her subconscious before she even started school.

"So, apart from stalking me all the way down to Hogsmeade, how has your weekend been so far?"

With another laugh, she gave him a shy grin. "It was uneventful," she admitted. "I did homework, made notes for my subjects, and revised a little. How was yours?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 9:00 am

The pub was not the nicest one Alexander had ever been to, but it would suffice, and looking across to the witch across from him, it was quite easy to forget where they were. If only for a moment.

"I did homework, made notes for my subjects, and revised a little. How was yours?"

"Just as mundane. I've found... I've found that Hogwarts lacks adventure. You know? Everyone always rages about what they got up to whilst they were here, and yet... I don't see anything as being that much fun... Do you know what I mean?" Alexander asked, letting a little of the real him inflict itself in to the conversation. It wouldn't hurt for Chara to know about his sense of adventure, after all, would it?

Sitting back, Alexander sipped his drink. Hogwarts bored him, truth be told, the subjects were as mundane as their tutors and everything could just be better. "But hopefully when I leave Hogwarts I can do something adventurous... Do you know what you want to do when you leave?" Alexander asked, skilfully masking a trick question to see what Chara would say to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 6:41 am

"Do you know what I mean?"

Taking a sip of the butterbeer in a means to prolong her time to answer, she finally put the glass down gently and nodded. "I do. I-" she hesitated, not knowing if she should give an honest answer or not. Finally deciding the former, she swallowed and continued with, "I think it's because of our position, our status." Pausing again, she thought carefully about her next words, not wanting any miscommunication, especially with what she was about to say. "The way I see it is we have a standard to maintain. Others... don't. It does not matter how they present themselves and so they can do whatever they want, which includes getting into trouble."

"Do you know what you want to do when you leave?"

That was honestly a question she spent a lot of time thinking about, and didn't even hesitate before answering, "I hope to have been chosen by a male by then, so whatever is expected of me from his family as well as mine." The answer was not one programmed into her - or, at least, not one she realized was programmed into her, so naturally did it come - but rather, one she had given much thought to. "If I were not chosen, however," she added a moment later, knowing the boy enough to understand what he meant. "I would like to go to a University while waiting to hear back from families."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 8:42 am

Chara was right in her analysis. Unlike most people they simply couldn't afford to look bad. His parents told him that all the time, but that didn't mean he agreed. There was only so much of being uptight a young man like himself could take. He needed fun, excitement, adventure. Not... well, boring lessons which they already knew from their extensive education at home.

"If I found something... interesting to do. Would you come with me?" Alexander asked her, it wasn't a trick, or even a manner in which he was testing her. Chara was simply one of the few people in the school he could actually tolerate, and perhaps it would be fun. If he could find something.

The pre-programmed answer came next though. What she was expected to say. If she were chosen she'd do as she were told. But the other answer about going to university was intriguing. "What would you study at university?" Alexander asked without missing a beat. "And would you really give up on such things just because you get chosen?" He asked, wondering whether she really would give up her education. True, purebloods could pay the university money and they could be given a diploma in whatever they wanted, but Alexander was quite sure that wasn't Chara's idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 7:47 am

"If I found something... interesting to do. Would you come with me?"

She stopped to consider - really, truly consider - the question he was asking her. Was this another one of his trick questions, something meant to trap her or ensure she was a proper Pureblood? Chara was never certain when it came to the Slytherin - sometimes, it seemed as though everything he did and said was carefully planned to test her, and at others, it was like he was asking a question without hidden agendas. If she were to answer honestly, it would be a yes. She enjoyed spending time with the Cavendish heir, and not for reasons her family wanted to. Even.. even if he did not choose her, she knew she would not regret the amount of time she put into getting to know him.

"I-" she started, knowing she had been quiet for far too long. Swallowing dryly, she took another sip of drink to clear her throat (she never did it by coughing; that was far too rude) she let out a slow breath before continuing. "I would." The words came out slowly, as though each was an entire sentence, and she smiled openly at Alex. If that was a test, I'm sure I failed, she thought to herself, hoping with all she had that it wasn't - or, if it was, that her two words had somehow been deemed as a pass.

"What would you study at university?"

"Journalism," her answer came at once, before she had time to process the implications of the simple question. His second one, however, required more.. class.. in the manner in which she replied. Giving up her chance at education was always something she knew she would eventually had to do, although there was always a part of her that wished she could. But wishing was usually fruitless and did nothing productive, so she kept those thoughts to herself. "I would give it up," she answered, quietly, because the topic was, in all honesty, a sensitive one. "Unless, that is, he allows me to. I-if he does not, then I will stay at home as required."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 3:56 pm

The answer that came from the witch, belatedly, made Alexander smile at her. The answer was a dangerous for people in their situation, but she'd taken that jump, and quite honestly, he admired her for it. No answer was necessary to that, Chara would see that in that moment she had made the right answer in what she'd said.

He was more interested in her area of interest for a degree that Chara was interested in. Journalism... public gossiping. It was an interesting choice for someone of their class, but not unheard of. He'd not really seen Chara as much of a gossip, not on such a large scale anyway, but now he knew... Well, those thoughts were for him to work with.

"Do you know as to what area you would pursue? Fashion, news, gossip columns, sport?" The Cavendish heir asked, highly curious in her ideas. Chara was becoming more interesting the more they spoke, to him anyway, not everything she said was pre-programmed, it was nice. Refreshing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 10:59 pm

The smile she received from Alex calmed her nerves just a little; it was a genuine one, and not a polite one given to people in awkward situations. Relaxing inwardly, she returned the smile, reaching up to sweep back a strand of her hair that had become increasingly annoying. "What kind of interesting are we dealing with?" she asked, already having a few ideas but not a hundred percent sure of anything. If there was one thing she had learnt was that the Cavendish heir had proved very hard to read.

As he posed yet another question, she hesitated, taking a few moments to think about it. She already knew exactly which area of journalism she would like to go into - it was the very one that got her interested in the whole topic in the first place - but it was not one that many of her status would go after. Even her parents had not heard of this yet; Chara had told nobody about it, afraid of their responses.

And yet, as she looked over at the Slytherin in front of her, she found herself wanting to trust him, to tell him. Unconsciously fiddling her thumbs beneath the table, she made up her mind and, with an attempt at a smile, replied with, "Investigative journalism, actually. I-it's not that common a choice, I know, but there's just something appealing about it all - finding out the truth, that kind of thing." Stopping herself there, she waited to see his response, hoping for the best, but not knowing how he would react.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)   Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander) Empty

Back to top Go down

Spintwitches Bump In (Chalexander)
Page 1 of 1