Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:49 pm

"Dancing is only so much fun."

Mari kissed him back just as firmly and passionately, her hands around his neck and a different thrill running through her body at the amount of people watching them. It was alarming, really, how thrill seeking she became when he was with her. Marilyn had no idea what it was he did to her, but it was intoxicating. Like the irrational, adrenaline junkie inside of her came out of its cage and took over.

"What are you doing tonight, after here, I mean?"

Marilyn sighed as he nibbled on her earlobe she continued to grind against him, their hips pressed together deliciously. What was she doing tonight? Technically, nothing. Helen had found someone to hook up with, though for them it wasn't difficult. They were both heiresses to gigantic families here in New York and picking up people was thus quite easy for them, getting recognized wasn't a problem, they had private lives, but to keep the press hot they let themselves 'get caught' partying.

"Well if you play your cards right, I'll be doing you,"
she purred under her touch.

Soon they were leaving, getting into a cab kissing like crazy, almost oblivious to the paparazzi snapping pictures of them and driving to a hotel where Marilyn had a permanent room, suit really, and the two of them barely made it to the bed. There wasn't much sleep that night.

Come Monday morning Marilyn arrived to work early with a smug smile on her lips but, as. Per. Usual. That didn't last. Nothing seemed to. Because when Dave walked in she caught sight of a tabloid that had her on the cover. Oh no. Well.

Subtly following him she was about to corner him when she saw him pull Jake aside, so she hid slightly out of sight to listen in and then corner them.

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:06 pm

"Well if you play your cards right, I'll be doing you,"

Now that, sounded like a plan. A plan that wasn't long in the making as they had only a couple of drinks, danced and then stumbled out of the nightclub, barely able to keep their hands off of one another as they tumbled in to the back of a cab. Marilyn had pulled away only enough to tell the taxi driver where they were going and then her attention was back on him.

The whole way back Jake didn't leave her alone, oblivious to the cab driver's discomfort, or the attention of cameras they'd received on their way out. Jake had tipped the cab driver more than enough as they got out of the cab, and it took little and less time for them to find their way to a suite.

What time they finally passed out the next morning, Jake didn't know, but when he'd woken with something of a stinking hangover. But it had seemed less important as he realised who he was led next to. Pressing a kiss to her lips, Jake had muttered something about needing to get home, but that idea was cut short as Marilyn pulled him closer. Safe to say Jake didn't leave until it was gone midday, thoroughly satisfied.

But he forgot about it when he got home, stumbling in to bed and sleeping the rest of the day away.

It wasn't until Monday that he brought it back from his somewhat blurry memories. Dave pulled him aside, holding a paper, and looking a little annoyed.

"You slept with her? Again!?" He asked, quite clearly exasperated at the idea.

"No idea what you're talking about." Jake replied, genuinely not sure who Dave was on about.

"It's in the fucking newspaper, Jake!" Dave hissed, pressing the paper in to Jake's hands. There, on the front page, was Marilyn and himself, kissing quite fervently in the back of the cab, very clearly. Jake frowned, reading the headline about Marilyn being the heiress to the Caldwell and Clement, a hint of a smirk touching his features at the notion of being her 'mystery man'.

"So what do you want me to say?" Jake asked, raising an eyebrow.

"She's crazy!"

"Marilyn really isn't that bad. We met in a nightclub by accident. We were drunk, things got a bit... steamy. Went to a hotel, and I slept with her again. Again. Again." Jake explained, counting off the amount of times they'd managed to get off, well, he had, Marilyn might have done better, he couldn't remember. "What's the problem?"

"Can't you see? If Clement sees this! Or anyone in the office!"
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:18 pm

Listening with a growing smile Marilyn noted with some strange pleasure that Jake, if intentional or not, had in some way defended her. Which was certainly a far cry from calling her his 'natural enemy'. So melodramatic that one. But it had been a bombastic night, from cab ride to seconds to thirds and everything inbetween. That was certainly not exaggerated.

"Can't you see? If Clement sees this! Or anyone in the office!"

And that was her cue.

"But that won't happen." she sauntered in calmly, "Because you're going to give that to me," she held out her hand, her voice the same kind of calm and threatening as Clement's could be and almost as effective. Dave handed it over somewhat shellshocked, "You're not going to mention this to anyway," Mari slid the tabloid in the shredder, "Any of it. I don't need to go into detail of what would happen if you do." She hadn't even bothered looking at Dave until the last sentence and he nodded.

"Off you go then, Smith."
Nodding he left, happy to be out of her presence and Mari didn't doubt that he'd keep his mouth tightly shut. Once he was gone her calm expression fell to a more tired one and she sighed.

"Right. I am sorry that you're on that shit," she gestured to the destroyed tabloid, "Nobody respectable reads that trash so I wouldn't be worried. I'll take care of Dad, this is relatively normal in our circles, it'll blow over soon." The woman smoothed her blouse and looked around, nobody else was here, Dave seemed to have gone downstairs to grab a coffee for his nerves.

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Jake had jumped at the sound of another voice, for half a beat thinking it might be Louis Clement himself and that both of them were going to be out on their asses quicker than you could say 'tabloid'. However, realising it was Marilyn, Jake relaxed enough, and listened as she bossed Dave in to giving her the paper and sending him off with a threat of getting him fired if he mentioned it.

To which Jake knew the woman wouldn't do, but he kept his mouth shut.

"Nobody respectable reads that trash so I wouldn't be worried. I'll take care of Dad, this is relatively normal in our circles, it'll blow over soon."

"It's fine." Jake replied, brushing it away before he realised. "Oh fuck..." Closing his eyes for a moment, Jake realised which paper that was and began laughing to himself. Oh, wow. It would be the paper his father read every evening when he got home from work, wouldn't it? Running his hand over his face, Jake sobered. "Well, respectable or no, I know my father will be reading that this evening." Jake mused, shaking his head and checking around them for other people.

"Also, don't be so hard on Dave, you could have just asked him nicely and he'd have listened. He's a good guy." Jake told her gently. "Not that you have enough sway to fire him anyway, remember." He added, clearly teasing the woman before him.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:36 pm

"Well, respectable or no, I know my father will be reading that this evening."

Marilyn bit her lip, "Sorry. But to be fair, he probably doesn't know who I am, if he recognizes you then he'll just think you're sleeping with your boss's daughter," she mused, playfully, coming closer to press a kiss to a hickey peeking out over his shirt collar.

"Also, don't be so hard on Dave, you could have just asked him nicely and he'd have listened. He's a good guy."

"I'm sure he is, but I have to be, if I was suddenly leniant and kind it would probably shock everyone here more than the tabloid. I can't take risks with this kind of thing. Publicity stunts are all well and fine and encouraged, not by Dad, but by...others. But I generally keep the office away from that. But I know you'll keep your lips shut...figuratively speaking, of course," she murmured against his lips, just ghosting her own against his.

"Cheeky." Marilyn admonished, "I'm going to talk to Dad, meet me in the copy room after work?"

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:59 pm

"I'm sure my dad will be so proud of me." Jake replied to her comment mostly sarcastically because he knew his dad wasn't going to be happy. The best he could hope for was that his dad overlooked the trashy headline and skipped straight to the sport. The light kiss on the tip of his collar was one Jake knew to be on the hickey he'd had for the last day or so. "Go careful next time, hmm?" Jake murmured, knowing she'd understand enough.

The next words, mixed with the closeness of the woman before him made Jake let out a small laugh, leaning in to try to steal a kiss from Marilyn, but being treated with the coy smile as she moved away just enough to tease him.

"I'm going to talk to Dad, meet me in the copy room after work?"

"So long as you're not bringing Daddy with you." Jake replied, pressing his lips to hers very gently before motioning for her to head off. When she did, Jake watched her go, admiring the view until she'd left his sight. Moving back to his desk, Jake set back to work, knowing the end of the day would not come quickly. The young man did have to check his wallet though, remembering he hadn't picked up a new condom from his supply at home. Muttering a curse, Jake contemplated nipping out - just in case - but a consolidation with his watch told him that he didn't have time.

Well, that was slightly frustrating, but Jake pressed the thought away.

As the day ended, Jake waited for the last person to leave the office then casually got up from his desk, heading towards the copy room, shortly followed by Marilyn. Thankfully, they never seemed to need a condom in here, because they hadn't quite found the daredevil to do so. But soon, Jake promised himself as the woman moaned his name again and again. Very soon.

It was a Friday, again. Jake was getting ready for the rendezvous he'd planned with Marilyn. Everyone would leave, they'd sneak off to the copy room, Jake would head off for drinks, and they'd think about meeting up the next evening at some swanky hotel for an evening of pleasure. They'd exchanged numbers now, Jake trying not to overuse it, but also finding himself increasingly wanting to as the weeks passed by.

"You'll never guess what I've done?" Dave asked, popping his head around the corner of Jake's office.

"If you've managed to block the toilet again, Dave, I don't want to know!"

"No! I asked Helen to come for drinks!"

"Helen?" Jake asked, frowning slightly.

"The post girl." Dave told him, rolling his eyes because Jake didn't know.

"So?"

"So I asked her." Dave explained, pointedly nodding his head in Marilyn's direction.

"Oh come on, Dave. We haven't done anything in weeks! Probably won't either. That's old news." Jake covered, falling in to the lie quite easily.

"Well, we'll see. I'll see you down there!" Dave told him. Jake nodded, noticing Helen had moved in to Marilyn's office opposite. They were getting ready to leave, it seemed, which meant... Well, Jake didn't really mind getting stood up. He should probably focus anyway, as fun as it was, it was never going to last forever.

"See you later, Dave." Jake replied, turning back to his work as Marilyn left with Helen and Dave. "Nice of her to tell me." Jake mumbled to himself, picking up his pen and concentrating on his work once more. He'd join them eventually, he guessed.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:31 pm

"So long as you're not bringing Daddy with you."

"Don't even joke about that," Mari kissed him back and laughed softly before turning to leave, having to force herself to stop smiling before she knocked on her father's door.

"Daddy?"
She asked, opening the door slowly and stepping in. Louis sat on his desk, tabloid on the chair in front of him.

"Marilyn. Sit."

"Yes, Sir." Marilyn bowed her head and sat down, trying not to look at the tabloid. This was, well beyond mortifying, honestly. Thankfully the photo was blurry and dark and taken before they really went at it in the cab- a memory she really needed to not think about right now.

"Marilyn, you know I would do anything to make you happy, yes, love?"

"Yes, Dad."

"And that scolding you has never been my forté. But Marilyn this has to stop if it hasn't already. Especially you cannot be entangled in an office romance. I know your grandparents enjoy and encourage tabloid attention, but I do wish you wouldn't oblige them. You are not just their heir. You're my daughter. And the Marilyn I know doesn't act this way."

"I know." she whispered, honestly, "I don't know what came over me, I didn't think about what I was doing. I'm sorry."

"Have you talked to Mr.Newbury about being discreet?"

"Yes."

"Good. Now we'll just forget about this and move on, alright? Come here."

Marilyn obediently stood and gave him a kiss on the cheek whilst he kissed her forehead, then returning to her office and her work, resisting the urge to look over at Jake, at least while her father was still in the building. After what felt like forever she was finally following Jake into the copy room and soon his name filled the small room with sound that blocked out every nagging thought she had, every ounce of guilt.

"Helen, No."

"Helen, yes! Please, Mari?"

Marilyn groaned. It was Friday evening and Helen had cornered her to beg her to accept Dave's invitation so that Helen wouldn't be alone with him if he turned out to be boring. But Marilyn had other plans. Plans that may or may not include a certain coworker, no clothes, a copy machine and later an overnight hotel suite.

"I can't."

"Why not?"

Shit. "Because...I have plans."

"Marilyn, not to be a killjoy, but working isn't plans."

"It's not working! It's..." she racked her brain but was unable to come up with anything plausible on the spot, so she sighed, "it's...working." The woman grabbed her coat and bag and followed her happy friend out the door but as soon as Hel and Dave got in the elevator Marilyn pretended to remember something she'd forgotten and doubled back, walking back into the area where there sat only one person.

"Hey, if looks could kill those papers would have died a thousand deaths."
Mari smiled slightly, coming up behind him and kissing his neck, "Helen sprung the drinks thing on me tonight, but if you're free tomorrow we can get a room..."

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:40 am

"Hey, if looks could kill those papers would have died a thousand deaths."

Jake didn't acknowledge those words, trying very hard to continue writing as she kissed his neck. Instead, Jake simply gently turned his chair to face the woman. She was slowly getting braver in where they were when they spoke to each other.

Dangerous, it could be said.

"Helen sprung the drinks thing on me tonight, but if you're free tomorrow we can get a room..."

He had plans. Plans to take his sister out for the evening. But when pressed with this option instead of watching a girly film, Jake knew which one he'd prefer. "What's wrong with this evening?" Jake asked, hands sneaking around the top of her thighs, drawing her closer to him. "I'll be there anyway." Jake reminded her, leaning up to press a light kiss on her chin. "We can leave separately." He added, making sure she knew he wasn't going to try anything that would compromise their agreement.

Because even with the offer of mind blowing sex on the table, Jake couldn't ditch Victoria.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:28 am

"What's wrong with this evening?"

Allowing his hands to roam Marilyn raised an eyebrow at the man before her. This evening? With their friends there? But the clarification soon came and she nodded, letting him pull her closer to kiss her chin, turning her face down to capture his lips, taking all her self control not to just ravish him here on the desk.

"Alright, sounds good,"
She checked her watch, "I didn't plan on being out long anyway, so I'll leave at eight-ish, and you can leave thirty minutes later. I'll text you where," Mari murmured, gently pulling him up by his tie and giving him a firm goodbye kiss, her tongue flicking against his lip before turning away and leaving.

Soon she was at the bar, Helen flirting shamelessly with Dave whilst she sipped her drink and people watched, nodding absently when Helen spoke so as to seem interested. But honestly her mind was miles away, jumping from her work and clients to images of Jake and her in hotel rooms, the copy room, cars...

There was no way she could ever go to his place, nor him go to hers, if they wanted to keep this as casual as it was. Was it casual? Most of the time it felt casual. But sometimes...it didn't. Frowning Marilyn shook off those thoughts, a deep voice interrupting her mental conflict.

"Such a pretty lady shouldn't frown."

Her frown deepened. "A pretty lady can do as she damn well pleases." was the short reply, glancing over to Helen who hadn't noticed the newcomer on Mari's side.

"But she'd look nicer if she smiled. I'm Callum."

"Perhaps, just perhaps, she doesn't exist to look pleasing. I'm not interested."

"You're all alone at a bar, of course you're interested."

"Nope." Marilyn now looked visibly uncomfortable and her fist clenched under the table, "Very much repulsed, actually."

"Don't be a bitch, babe."

That was it. Marilyn's hand connected with his face just as her knee did his groin, right when someone had been about to cut in and push him away, Mari just beat them to it.

"Don't be a baby, bitch." she hissed under her breath before looking up at the 'newcomer' with surprise.

"J-Newbury, hello."

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:02 am

"I didn't plan on being out long anyway, so I'll leave at eight-ish, and you can leave thirty minutes later. I'll text you where,"

Jake couldn't help the smug grin on his lips as Marilyn agreed. Everything worked out so nicely it was hard not to be proud of yourself in such situations. "Make sure you do," Jake insisted, enjoying the somewhat forceful display from Marilyn as she used his tie to bring him closer. But it was short lived and as she left, Jake had simply watched her go, admiring the ass that he had come so accustomed to now.

Waiting fifteen minutes, Jake left the office, the last to leave. Heading down to the bar and slipping in, locating Dave at the bar and navigating himself to the small group. But just before he reached the group, some guy seemed to move in on Marilyn. Jake watched, raising an eyebrow slightly as he just about caught the conversation. Ready to step in, Jake just about managed to get out the way of the man falling to the floor, a smirk touching Jake's features at the fact he'd been pummelled by such a small woman.

"I think the lady asked you to leave."Jake told the man who scrambled to his feet and headed off.

"J-Newbury, hello."

"Montez." Jake replied, no hint of anything in his voice as he greeted Dave much more warmly. Acting at its best. Ordering drinks for the group, conversation set between Dave and Helen for the most part, Jake wasn't listening. Eight came, Marilyn left, things between Dave and Helen seemed to step up and when his phone went off with the name of the hotel, Jake made his excuses.

He was there soon after, and there was no time wasted on either of their behalf. Jake was quite content with it all as they led, heavily breathing after a very steamy evening. Leaning over, Jake pressed his lips to Marilyn's, enjoying how she tasted slightly like him and the usual hint of cinnamon.

"Was it necessary to hit that guy earlier?" Jake asked softly, his hands moving behind his head, accentuating his muscled chest in that moment.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:55 am

After leaving the bar Marilyn dropped her things off at her flat and got a change of clothes for the next morning before heading to the hotel she'd chosen, soon joined by Jake and within minutes the room was filled with moans and sighs.

After hours of blissful action they laid beside each other, catching their breath. Kissing him back Marilyn rolled onto her stomach, looking up at him as he spoke. Pressing a few kisses to his chest up to his lips she hummed affirmation.

"Unfortunately. He was getting too...rough and crude. Why?"

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:03 am

The tender kisses from the woman beside him was enough to make Jake relax. An alarming realisation if he could have recognised it, but he was quite happily in a place that didn't make him begin to think about such things for a moment.

"Unfortunately. He was getting too...rough and crude. Why?"

"I only saw what happened, didn't hear what he said."Jake responded with a small shrug. "Quite a punch though. Remind me not to say whatever he did." Jake replied, he was amused more than anything, he wasn't scared of Marilyn. He was much, much too aware of her submissive nature, of the way she seemed to become more gentle around him. Again that should have made alarm bells ring, but he wasn't listening to his head. He only really listened to his body when it came to Marilyn, and quite honestly that was good enough.

"He should have played his cards better."Jake mused, leaning up and kissing the woman deeply, pulling her on top of him so his hands could roam the contours of her body freely. "He missed out on something quite spectacular..."
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:09 am

"Quite a punch though. Remind me not to say whatever he did."

Mari chuckled softly but didn't answer, there was no need. They had grown to be comfortable around each other, even in silence, which was rare for Marilyn. Usually she didn't mind silence because she actively didn't want to talk. Not because the silence felt so calming. But Mari didn't even think to analyze it. Reckless as it was that was how she was with the man. He made her lose control in every possible way. And terrifying as it was it was equally electrifying and she was hooked on the thrill.

"He should have played his cards better."

"Hmm?"
Marilyn smiled when he pulled her up onto him, feeling a shiver down her spine as his hands roamed freely over her form, kissing him back the same. Then pressing kisses along his jawline and neck, nipping playfully at the sensitive skin.

"He missed out on something quite spectacular..."

Well that was different. Jake wasn't really one for compliments, especially when it came to Marilyn. But the woman knew he'd go on defensive, or even offensive, if she brought any special attention to it so she simply continued kissing his neck, moaning softly under his touch and smirking.

"His loss, your win," she left a mark just under his collarbone to punctuate the remark.

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:26 pm

"His loss, your win,"

"Something like that." Jake told the woman, not quite agreeing because that wouldn't be okay in his mind. After that, Jake fell quiet, enjoying the attention he was given but knowing he would be covered in marks by the morning. Not that he minded for a moment, the boys at football were amazed at the marks he had to show off and the stories behind them.

He was lucky, they told him.

Jake disagreed, each mark wasn't lucky it was a sign he'd made Marilyn lose control.

Pushing that thought away though, Jake rolled them over, wanting his control back as he looked at the woman before him. Whether now was a good idea, Jake didn't know, but he couldn't leave this unsaid. "This is going to come to an end, Montez." Jake murmured, his actions betraying him as he pressed his lips to hers, long and nothing quick. Despite his words, Jake didn't want to stop anything, but he couldn't see a way around it.

Moving his finger to her lips before she could reply, Jake paused. "Your dad is sending me to a different office. In a different state." Jake explained, his eyes moving away as he rolled off of her with a soft sigh. "I asked him why. He simply replied that it was for the best and gave me a pointed look." Jake added, moving his hands away from the woman beside him as his eyes lifted to the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:52 pm

"This is going to come to an end, Montez."

Struck by surprise and some level of pain she didn't want to think about Marilyn didn't have time to respond before he was kissing her deeply, and in light of what he'd just said Marilyn kissed him back just as slowly and deeply, savouring the kiss.

"Why did you say th-"
His finger cut her off gently and she stopped, listening with attentive eyes, remaining quiet so he could explain.

"Your dad is sending me to a different office. In a different state."

...Pardon?

"What? Why? That doesn't make any sense..." but he moved away from her and the loss of contact felt especially hard after what he'd just said. Especially when he explained why.

It felt like she'd been punched in the gut. She couldn't breathe. This wasn't happening. Shaking her head Marilyn turned on her side to look at him, "No, that's not fair, how could he know, he can't just- there's no legal grounds to move you- this-" Marilyn shook her head, half at the situation, half at herself. Rational, Marilyn, stay calm and think.

But the woman just couldn't.

"When do you leave?"
she asked, looking at him, trying to keep herself in check, but according to this news Mari had nothing to lose.

"I don't want this to end. Especially not like this."
Marilyn said softly, though a part of her knew that he probably didn't care or would act like he didn't- but if he truly didn't care then why tell her? Why kiss her like he kissed her? Call her spectacular? Why did they feel so good?

The woman knew she was a goner now, there was no denying it. She wasn't just addicted to the feeling. She was addicted to him. Hopelessly so.

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:40 am

"What? Why? That doesn't make any sense..."

"Course it does." Jake replied sourly, if Marilyn couldn't work out why her dad wanted him gone, well, it showed a lot, really. Jake couldn't even begin to explain how everything was falling in to place, a great opportunity, Louis had said, but Jake couldn't see how for a moment.

"No, that's not fair, how could he know, he can't just- there's no legal grounds to move you- this-"

"Oh come on, Montez." Jake replied, sitting up in bed and turning away from her, legs out of the bed and feet resting on the floor. "He's going to make it out to he a promotion, help me move away, and get me a permanent place there." It was simple logic, really.

"When do you leave?"

"Monday."Jake responded in nothing more than a whisper. His head moved to his hands, letting out a soft sigh. She hadn't known. Jake had believed she'd know, but this wasn't saying that she knew. Her next comment made Jake snort, of course she didn't want this to end, ever about herself.

"Your dad has ruined everything. Not just this. I have to leave my family because of this. My friends. Everything. For. This." He told her, anger beginning to build, though he wasn't sure as to what he was really angry over. A little voice was telling him that the only person he could be angry at was himself for being so stupid and carrying this on when he'd found out Marilyn's real identity.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:50 am

"Oh come on, Montez."

Marilyn flinched at his tone in using her last name. Coping mechanism, her brain supplied, but she brushed it away. That wasn't important now. When he told her when she was leaving she suppressed a gasp and bit her lip. His snort when she said she hadn't wanted this to end and she frowned as he continued to talk, turning away from her.

"Your dad has ruined everything. Not just this. I have to leave my family because of this. My friends. Everything. For. This."

As he spoke Mari started to quietly collect her clothes and get dressed. She was going to fix this and she knew just how to do it. One last reckless decision, then back to rationality. Quickly dressed she walked around the bed to him and tenatively put her hand on his shoulder.

"I'm going to fix this. Just wait. Trust me."
The woman knew he wouldn't kiss her now, he probably wouldn't even want to look at her. This was all their fault. They'd both known better, but they hadn't been able to stay away. So she turned on her heel and left, before she could give in to temptation.

Once she'd left it had been simple, really. He had a life here, family and friends that he would be leaving behind. Marilyn had a dance class and her job there. But she also had the money to keep her apartment and regularily fly over should she want to. In the end it was an easy choice. One that Louis could not fight her on.

So they made a deal. Jake could stay. But Marilyn had to go to the second largest HQ as the new boss Marilyn Clement-Caldwell, in Boston. A three hour flight, so it wasn't drastic. But it was enough. There was a colonial house waiting for her, already furnished, her personal belongings were being flown out the next day so they would also be there waiting for her.

After signing off the forms Louis asked her if she was sure and she nodded, letting him hold her tightly with the promise of visiting her often. Helen had glared at her, but Marilyn knew it was just because Helen would miss her.

"I'll miss you, too, but we can see each other every weekend, not like you and I don't have private jets, you know."

"Ugh I hate flying. Guess I'll have to though, if I wanna see your dumb ass. Is this worth it, Mari?"

Marilyn pursed her lips and looked away, "Yeah. It is. And besides, this is technically the promotion I wanted. Exectutive Manager. Boston is a gorgeous city." Helen nodded and the two had spent the rest of the day packing whilst Louis called Jake.

Saturday Morning Louis called him to tell him that he was not being moved after all, but he refused to say anything else, Mari hadn't wanted him to. Instead she'd pressed a note into Helens hand to give him Monday morning that read;

Jake,
I'm sorry. We both knew this would get complicated, but we did it anyway. You made me reckless and I liked it. I don't know what I made you, except sexually satisfied, but I hope you liked it, too. I took the job in Boston (Executive Manager) and I'm flying out at noon. I had less to lose than you. You would have lost everything and I'm just losing you.
You should know by now I always get what I want.
Mari

Meanwhile Marilyn sat in the waiting area of the airport, unable to go into her gate until 11:30 according to her ticket.

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:29 am

Jake hadn't meant for the woman to go, he hadn't meant for her to fix it. Jake had simply wanted to vent. He had no one to blame but himself for being stupid enough to think this could all go unnoticed. But Louis Clement had seen through everything and had made a decision. Jake simply had to follow instructions.

Even if it meant losing everything he had.

Marilyn had left though, and Jake had slumped back in to the bed with a sigh, rolling to punch the pillow a moment later as he cursed anyone who would listen. After a while he'd picked his phone up, thinking of calling Marilyn but deciding better of it. Instead he rang Dave and explained the situation, quietly asking his friend what he should do. Dave had simply told him he had to pick what was more important to him.

But even that Jake wasn't sure on any more.

The next morning Jake had woken to the sound of his phone going off, the office number. "Marilyn?" Jake had asked hopefully, but he'd been dissatisfied with the sound of Louis' voice on the other end. Or, mostly anyway. The news he wasn't going to Boston was welcome, but Jake had an uneasy feeling. Once he'd finished speaking to Louis, Jake had text Dave the good news and then tried to ring Marilyn - no answer came after the first and second call, so Jake had given in to the idea she didn't want to speak to him.

The weekend was slow, but when Monday finally came around he'd come face to face with Helen who'd handed him a note and told him to do the right thing. Jake wasn't sure what she meant until he read the note at his desk. "No!" Jake shouted at the piece of paper, slamming it on the desk. "Time..." Jake checked his watch and saw it was eleven. There was time...

Grabbing his suit jacket, Jake ran from the office, almost knocking Louis over by accident. He didn't stop though, he couldn't stop. When he got to the street, Jake quickly flagged down a taxi. "The airport, hurry, please." Jake told the driver, and he obeyed, Jake reaching in to his wallet and pulling out more than enough to cover the fare. It took twenty minutes to get there, but Jake was out of the car before the driver could even apply the handbrake, sprinting in to the terminal. "Boston... Boston..." Jake muttered to himself and then becoming increasingly more worried. Deciding to head to the nearest desk, Jake asked the woman if he could male an announcement.

She'd said no.

Jake got his wallet out, offering her $100 but the woman refused. Frowning, Jake snatched the microphone over the desk. To hell with these people.

"This is a message to a Miss Marilyn Montez." Jake's voice boomed through the airport. "Don't get on the plane - let go this won't. Take. A. Second. Marilyn, please don't get on the plane. I've made too many mistakes in my life, but I'm not making this one - ow!" The woman was doing her best to get the microphone back but Jake was easily stronger. "Marilyn, I've been an idiot. We've been idiots together. But this isn't what you want, not really. Please... Please don't get on the plane..."

Jake let go of the microphone then, security officers hurrying to their position. Jake simply didn't react, but the woman by the desk insisted he was escorted outside, so all he could do was wait...
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:49 am

As Marilyn flipped through the Vogue magazine she startled at the loud announcement that carried a very familiar voice...and her name?

"Don't get on the plane - let go this won't. Take. A. Second. Marilyn, please don't get on the plane. I've made too many mistakes in my life, but I'm not making this one - ow!"

"Oh my God..." Mari's eyes widened as she realized who was speaking and what he was saying, and why he was here... He didn't- did he? The people around her now look at her with interest and she felt her face heating up as she looked up at the intercom.

"Marilyn, I've been an idiot. We've been idiots together. But this isn't what you want, not really. Please... Please don't get on the plane..."

What did she want? She did want the promotion. She wanted her job. She wanted to make her father happy and proud. Boston could be a new start for her. But she also, undeniably wanted Jake. This wasn't a movie scene, this was her life. Perhaps she didn't have to choose...

"What are you waiting for? Go get him!" The old lady beside her encouraged, jabbing a bony elbow in Marilyn's side. As if struck by lightning Marilyn startled and froze before she gathered herself and her things, pausing for a second to adjust her hair up in its messy clip before thinking 'fuck it' and running outside where she took a moment to look around but soon found what she was looking for, staring at him incredulously.

"Jake...what are you doing here?"

(Mari)

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:08 pm

It had been a long wait, though in reality very little time had passed at all. Jake didn't know whether Marilyn would come back, in fact he highly doubted she would come back. Why would she come back? It wouldn't make any sense to come back because he meant nothing more than a good fuck to her.

But he was still here, rocking back and forth on his heels.

As Marilyn stepped out of the terminal, Jake couldn't help but grin as he moved towards her. He ignored the look on her face, it was hardly surprising that she was surprised. He probably would have been too had this been the other way around.

"Jake...what are you doing here?"

"Still working that out." Jake told her, trying to be cheeky but it didn't come out in the right mannerisms because it was quite clear he was nervous. "Please, don't get on the plane. You don't have to go to Boston." Jake pleaded again, pulling her into his arms and pressing a soft kiss to her lips. "I didn't mean that you had to go in my place." He added softly, letting out a soft sigh.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:16 pm

"Still working that out."

...Well that was reassuring. Marilyn shook her head, but the smile that touched her lips was a mixture of actual happiness and exasperated incredulance. "You've got to be kidding me, Jake I'm missing my flight and you won't even tell me what for-" But he was already pulling her into his arms and kissing her and instinctively she relaxed in his embrace, kissing him back.

"I didn't mean that you had to go in my place."

"I know, but you were right. You would lose everything. I don't have anything here to lose, I don't even technically have you. Boston...Boston is my fresh start. I want to go. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want you just as much." The woman admitted, pressing another kiss to his lips, slow and gentle.

"And I'm having a hard time believing that I'm so good a lay that you'd risk getting arrested to tell me to not go."

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:33 pm

When he got chastised for not telling him why she was missing her flight, Jake thought harder, trying to get his thoughts coherent enough to explain. It was difficult, he doubted he had the time to explain before her plane went out of the airport, but he was really trying.

The explanation that she wanted to go hurt in a manner Jake wasn't sure why it was hurting. How long had it been now? Was it okay to have some kind of feelings now? They were just having sex together, weren't they? Jake didn't have a clue anymore, but he knew the idea of her wanting to go was never a good thing, even if she was confusing him with the kisses that followed.

"And I'm having a hard time believing that I'm so good a lay that you'd risk getting arrested to tell me to not go."

"Shut up." Jake told her softly, teasing slightly as he kissed her gently. "You surely... you surely know that me being here means you..." Jake sighed, kissing the tip of her nose. "It means you mean a lot more to me than sex." He finished.

"That was also the most unromantic thing anyone has ever said in this situation, but I can't explain myself. I just know... I just know I don't want you to go, Marilyn." Jake told her once more, hoping that would mean something because he really couldn't put it any other way.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:01 pm

"You surely... you surely know that me being here means you...It means you mean a lot more to me than sex."

Marilyn crinkled her nose at the kiss but only briefly because then her eyes were widening once more at the confession from the man before her. This was...so tempting. God knows he could ask her for anything and she would want to give it to him. But she couldn't. She couldn't be reckless with this. With herself. Not again, at least.

"That was also the most unromantic thing anyone has ever said in this situation, but I can't explain myself. I just know... I just know I don't want you to go, Marilyn."

She chuckled and shook her head, "Jake, we won't be allowed to work together if we're- whatever we are. This move...it won't be that bad." she cupped his face gently, "I want you so badly. I want to be with you however you'll have me, which you surely know. They need me in Boston."

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:20 pm

"Jake, we won't be allowed to work together if we're- whatever we are. This move...it won't be that bad."

Jake could only see that this was a bad thing, she was moving away. To a new place, new people, new work. And he... he was staying here.

"I want you so badly. I want to be with you however you'll have me, which you surely know. They need me in Boston."

Turning his head slightly, Jake kissed the palm of her hand, a soft sigh leaving his lips. Jake knew when he'd lost, knew quite well, especially when there was something of a sinking feeling spreading through his body. "You... should probably go then." Jake whispered, his hands moving to take hers from his face.

It had been a mistake coming, he'd believed he was enough to change her mind, but that... that was quite evidently not the case.

"Stay safe, yeah?" Jake asked of her, offering her a small smile. "And text me. When you get there, and when you have time."
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:38 pm

"You... should probably go then."

"Jake..." Marilyn started but he cut her off with a small smile and she knew he'd misunderstood her so as he pulled away she laughed and pulled him back, kissing him firmly, "You. Are. Exasperatingly. Melodramatic." she whispered against his lips, "I'll be back every weekend. I can fly you out to see me whenever you can. Just because I have to go doesn't mean I'm not still yours."

The woman looked up at him through her lashes with a small, tenative smile, still unsure about whether or not this was what he wanted. But she wanted to make this work. If he agreed then her world would be a thousand times brighter.

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   

Back to top Go down

Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next