Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:17 pm

"It's kind of sweet, he's going to be so sad when his hunky American boy toy has to leave..."

The second pillow let fly only a few seconds after that. "Shove off, it's..." He wrinkled his nose up at the thought. "I'm not his boy toy!" Jake settled on, trying not to be too pissed off with it. He wasn't okay with homosexual people, he found it uncomfortable, but with his job at the moment, he had little and less choice but to put up with it.

When Marilyn had announced that she was going to get changed, Jake nodded, waiting until the witch had left before he moved off to the small bathroom. It took Jake a while to be in a good enough state to relieve his bladder, but he was still out before Marilyn, much more comfortable now he'd adjusted himself. Honestly his body loved to torment him. Sliding his belt from the loops, Jake moved back in to the main room, placing the leather belt on the side and resuming his original position on the sofa.

When the young woman returned, Jake smiled as she was wearing the nightwear that he'd come accustomed to. "How d'you wanna work this?" Jake asked, taking another swig of his beer and looking up at the witch questioningly. Sitting up a bit, in case she wanted to sit with him, Jake waited for the method to come to light and would jump right in. Pointing out the links between points where he saw them, and checking their figures were accurate to that day so they couldn't be accused of not being up to date. It was a lot of work, and it would grow late in to the night, but it would be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:51 pm

Marilyn bit her lip when he wasn't looking when she saw his belt beside him, a gesture that left her mind wandering to what she'd seen so far of what he looked like in just his boxers... Taking a subtle deep breath she sat beside him and spread out the notes on the table in front of them and considered them for a moment, deep in thought about which system to go with.

"How d'you wanna work this?"

"Right, well..." she began explaining how she thought would be most efficient and he jumped right in, thankfully, with no arguement. And while it did take a long time to cross reference and double check everything, making sure that only black and white were used in the presentation, careful to construct the speech in the presentation as open and welcoming as possible.

"They don't want to be presented with business, they want to be presented with a kind offer, the relationship behind the deal has to be earnest and solid, they don't have the time is money mindset in their company, they care about feeling comfortable with the deal." she explained, gesturing to some etiquette slides she'd printed out.

It felt like forever but around midnight they were finally done, tidying up everything before they went to bed and slept, finally relaxing after a surprising and strange day.

Not for long though, because the meeting was at eleven AM, so the next morning they got up at seven, taking the time to get ready.

Showtime.

At noon sharp Marilyn was shaking hands with Mr.Wong, who had shown himself impressed and grateful for all the effort put into the deal and how comfortable he was made and all in all, things looked good. He'd given the contract to the lawyers and Marilyn was about to burst she was so pleased. After making plans to have a celebratory luncheon in half an hour Marilyn excused herself to call Louis, time difference be damned. And after one and a half rings he picked up.

"He's in! He's in, He's happy and comfortable and lawyers are dealing with the contracts!"

"That's great, Mari, I'm very pleased, now you can relax a bit now, please, You've got all of Thursday afternoon and Friday to prep for the event on saturday but also to enjoy the city you're in. ...Say, did he agree to clause 32?"

Marilyn grinned, "Yes, he was a bit hesitent, but after another round of drinks I think I could've had him eating out of my hand!"

"That's my girl. I'm proud. I'll call you later, love. Have a nice day, I love you." Louis' deep voice grumbled, pleased, on the phone.

"Talk to you later, love you, too!"

The woman pressed the red button and went back to meet Jake, Lin and Wong for a luncheon that was short but sweet, since both Lin and Wong still had meetings to attend, soon leaving Marilyn and Jake in their penthouse suite again, where Marilyn slipped out of her shoes and layed back on the couch again, much like she had yesterday, smiling in relief.

(Marilyn)

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:43 pm

Short Scene: http://hogwartsafuture.forumotion.com/t3366-office-au-marilyn-jake-cont

After the night with Marilyn, Jake had been rather pissed off, though to be honest, he really couldn't pinpoint exactly what the problem was. Which, in itself was really rather annoying, but Jake had pushed it away after the first hour, deciding not to dwell on it as he showered and left to go explore the city on his own. Managing to find Victoria and his parents a present, Jake hadn't come back to the suite until late that evening. He barely acknowledged Marilyn as he came back to change for dinner, heading off without a word.

And that was pretty much how the trip continued, Jake would be scarce around the room, only coming back to sleep on the sofa or shower, and then he left her space. When they were working, you couldn't tell there was a problem, they were professionals, and they acted it.

Friday had pissed Jake off as he was brought the news of the karaoke night had been broadcast in the team meeting. He'd left the suite, slamming the door behind him because he simply had to get away from Marilyn before he flipped. What did she think she was playing at?

When the last day came around, and they headed on to the plane, Jake had paused the woman before she slept.

"What happened in Hong Kong stays in Hong Kong, right?" He asked, verging on telling her, but changing direction mid sentence. And they'd agreed. Neither of them would mention it, which hopefully meant Jake's job would stay in tact for long enough when they got home that he could think of making new arrangements. It was safe to say, Hong Kong had not been a nice experience. Yes, they had gotten the contract, but that was, perhaps, the only thing he'd enjoyed.

Arriving home was the second biggest joy as he was met by his family at the airport.

Jake didn't look to Marilyn as he made his way to Victoria, leaning down before her wheelchair and giving his little sister a hug. He'd missed her more than he liked to say, and in that moment, his whole body relaxed, because around Victoria you simply couldn't be angry at anyone. Thoughts of Marilyn Montez were gone by the time he'd arrived home, his mom cooking something of an extravagant dinner to welcome him home.

Two weeks had passed since the trip. The decision had been announced that neither Marilyn nor he had received the promotion at this time. Despite asking Louis why neither one of them had been picked for the position that still remained open, the Frenchman was not budging. Jake had left with something of a scowl on his features, not understanding why the man was not handing it over, the feedback forms were back, and both of them had done exceptionally well.

Moving back to his desk after the team meeting, Jake set down to get back to work, despite it being the end of the day, and a Friday.

"Jake, come on, the first round is on me!" Dave called, shouldering his suit jacket and trying to get Jake up.

"Not yet, Dave, I've got some paperwork to do, I won't be long." He told his friend, not moving from his chair as he checked through the stock market on his current client. There was growth, but not nearly an ample amount. He was missing something. Dave simply nodded and left, the office slowly emptying of people. It was as the seconds ticked by and Jake grew more frustrated when he couldn't find the answer that his eyes began to wander to the office beside him. There, before him sat Marilyn Montez, working away without glancing away from her screen, intently reading something or other.

Tapping his pen against his lips, Jake tried to refocus.

There was something about that woman that he really couldn't place. It was annoying to say the least, but no matter how much he tried, it was becoming increasingly difficult to ignore. The way they'd been the only ones left on a number of occasions, been caught entering and leaving through the same door at the same time and having to press against the door to purposefully not touch. Small things, that were slowly adding up. Increasingly infuriating him, but he still couldn't place why.

Sighing to himself, Jake looked away from Marilyn, forcing himself to at least look at the paper even if his head wasn't in the work anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:02 pm

The rest of Hong Kong went by smoothly, well, without distress anyhow. Helen had told her about the karaoke video of her circulating the office but Marilyn remained calm, knowing her video would be shown at the staff meeting. And she wasn't disappointed. She slept better as well, now that she had the bed to her own and he was avoiding her like the plague. Suited her just fine.

Marilyn was however very grateful to be back home again, arriving on the familiar landing strip to the JFK. She'd been all for just leaving without saying anything, willing to just forget it all. But he'd had other plans.

"What happened in Hong Kong stays in Hong Kong, right?"

"Yes." Her reply was curt and she turned away instantly, meeting the chauffeur and letting him carry her bags to the car in which Louis sat, waiting for her with a hug and a kiss to her forehead. He could tell something was off, but didn't press her, simply letting her nap with her head on his legs like when she was a child, scooping her up and carrying her to her room in his penthouse apartment instead of her own flat and letting her recharge her batteries in peace.

Years of raising her had given him the patience to wait it out. With Marilyn, who was never rash in her decisions, one always had to do a lot of waiting. But she'd always come through in the end. The next morning he'd had her bags driven to her flat and driven with her to work early in the morning, accepting that she was simply not in a talkitive mood. The longest she'd spoken was to thank him for the opportunity and to give him a jade and gold fountain pen she'd bought him there, which he'd graciously accepted.

Setting her off to do her work with a kiss to her forehead Louis returned to his work. And Marilyn had tried to do so as well. But something was different. She was quieter than usual, in her head. She hadn't questioned Louis when he'd said the promotion would remain open two weeks later, knowing he'd have a reason

And Jake. He was bloody everywhere it seemed. They did their utmost to avoid contact but it was building and it was unnerving and slowly Marilyn was beginning to grow tired of it. But fate never lets you off the hook easily. As Marilyn stared intently at the screen, defiantly almost, she reread the same line about fifty times. She could feel his gaze on her but refused to give in and look at him.

Okay maybe a quick glance.

...Of course he had to tap his lips just then- wait, no. No, Marilyn. Heavens no. She was disgusted with herself. After how he'd treated her? There was no way that that was what was bothering her. Nothing was bothering her and everything was fine. Yes.

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:15 pm

Jake had the uncanny feeling that the moment he looked away eyes were on him. Not daring to look back up, he started to write, leaning over the page with a look of concentration on his face. Pulling out his calculator, Jake pressed in a few numbers, deciphering the prime sales figure the firm he was working on needed and then the margins it would make with different sales prices.

Pausing for a moment, so not to seem as if he'd noticed Marilyn had been watching, Jake picked up the phone and dialled the internal line to Marilyn's office. Waiting for her to pick up, Jake didn't look across the office. "Montez - yes I know you're busy - come and look at something for me, I'm missing something in my sales figures." Jake explained, pausing to cross a number out. It had been the right one in the first place, he knew it had been, but he just...

What he wanted was unexplainable.

"Please, won't take two seconds of your time." He added, choosing then to look over towards her office, to see her reaction rather than hear it as he made sure the figure he'd got was crossed out.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:40 pm

Just when she'd mentally shaken herself to focus on her work, not like she was weeks ahead anyway, her phone rang and she picked up with a skeptical look on her face, having seen him pick up his phone out of the corner of her eye.

"Montez. Newbury, I'm busy." Why was he calling? Marilyn wondered, why didn't he just walk over...? Sighing her expression became milder when he said please, asking her properly, her fingers drumming the tabletop absentmindedly, "Alright, I'll be right there." She grabbed her copy of the figures and stood, her heels clacking all the way over to his desk.

"Alright, Newbury, you have your two seconds, starting now"
She avoided meeting his eyes and stood at the corner of his table, awaiting his question or query or whatever reason he'd called her away from the work she'd been staring at for ages.

(Mari)

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:54 pm

Well, that hadn't been as difficult as it could have been, Jake thought as Marilyn agreed. It was something of a relief that she had just accepted helping him. But now that was in play it was becoming difficult to make it a realistic need for help.

"Alright, Newbury, you have your two seconds, starting now"

"Can you help me work out the annual turnover at this point, followed by units, then the profit per unit? I've got the costs, I'm just blanking on the method..." Jake explained, a complete lie. Such a lie. Especially now the woman was so close, making him on edge to say the least as he tried so very hard not to check her out in the corner of his eye. Offering her his pen, Jake motioned to the pad in front of him, not moving it towards her in the hope she'd move closer.

He couldn't do anything and Jake was aware of that, but it didn't mean he couldn't try to get his head around this... This situation.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:02 pm

"Blanking on the- Do I look like google?" She asked, nevertheless taking the pen and leaning over to write on the notepad, but only in shorthand, this was easy. He knew how to do this, it was literally his job so what was he playing at? Why was he playing at all?

"Newbury, I'm only sketching out the method, not that you need it, you do this every day so..."
she turned the notepad towards him but instead of a method she'd written 'Why am I really here?' with the really underlined and a knowing look on her face.

There was nobody else left, all had gone home already, as Marilyn wanted to eventually, and she was actually curious by now, still not looking directly at him.

Spoiler:

Made by Me

Last edited by Mari Caldwell on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:37 am

"Blanking on the- Do I look like Google?

Ignoring the question, Jake simply waited for her to help, taking a brief moment to look over the woman as she leant over next to him. There was the thought that really all this was was that she was physically very attractive. That, however should have been easily rectified by the fact they'd slept together. But it wasn't quite that easy.

"Newbury, I'm only sketching out the method, not that you need it, you do this every day so..."

"That'll be a great help." Jake replied, eyes now back on the paper as she pushed it towards him. "Oh, I see where I went wrong now, must be the time getting to me." Jake told Marilyn, taking up his pen.

You walked over here, remember? He wrote, looking up to her with a small smile. New perfume? Jake added, subtly pointing out how close she was without being too forward.

Bide your time, Jake, no point letting her in your head. He told himself, passing the pen back to Marilyn.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:16 am

Marilyn raised her eyebrows at his strange behavior. Could he not leave her alone? They'd been avoiding each other successfully so far, pretending it hadnt happened. Now, alright, there had been an attraction, purely physical. But his strange emotional business was a huge warning sign. This guy clearly had some deep rooted issues that he should deal with.

So what was his angle now? She read his response and looked at him incredulously before standing back up straight and letting her eyes flicker to the office security cameras. The only place where there were no cameras was the copy room. And she did not want to discuss this with an audience.

"Actually Jake, I was having a problem with the copy machine. Could you come help me with it?"

Her tone was steady and calm as ever bu her eyes said she wasnt going to take no for an answer.  And so she led the way to the small room and let him shut the door behind himself.

Somewhat...unnerved by how close he was she had to pull herself together to look him in the eyes.

"What's all this about?"

Spoiler:

Made by Me

Last edited by Mari Caldwell on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:34 am

No reply came to his written statement, and Jake watched the woman look away. Had he blown it? Probably, though what there was to blow, he wasn't overly sure.

"Actually Jake, I was having a problem with the copy machine. Could you come help me with it?"

Confusion touched Jake's features in that moment, but with a simply nod, Jake ripped the piece of paper out the pad and stuck it in his shredding machine. Getting up, Jake fastened his suit jacket and followed Marilyn through to the copy room, closing the door gently behind him once the lights had turned on.

"What's all this about?"

"All what?" Jake asked, leaning back against the door. "I asked for some help, you chose to question my reasoning." He added, smirking slightly. "Not to mention you've been stealing glances at me. Can't a guy just want some help from time to time?" He asked, enjoying playing.

Because it was the best way to deny that this was anything at all.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:50 am

"My perfume is not 'help' don't lie, I have zero patience for games, and even less when I seem to be the game you're playing. Tell me what you want."

Resisting the urge to pout because he'd just laugh if she did Mari huffed. Rude. She hadn't been 'stealing glances'- and even if she had what did that bother him for. "Oh like you weren't stealing glances at me. I'm not a toy, Newbury. You want help? With what? The raging boner I give you?"

After his utter aggression and dismissal of her Marilyn had instantly eraesed him from her mind as much as possible. But she was only human and her body was not so forgetful.

If only, she thought, if only her body would listen to her head. But she had boundries. If he didnt act more respectfully towards her and cut down the frankly worrying aggression he didnt have a chance in hell.

Spoiler:

Made by Me

Last edited by Mari Caldwell on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:17 am

"My perfume is not 'help' don't lie, I have zero patience for games, and even less when I seem to be the game you're playing. Tell me what you want."

"No, you're quite right, it's not helpful, it's actually rather off putting." Jake mused, he was being cheeky, he knew that, but she presented the opportunity so nicely it would be rude to let it go.

"Oh like you weren't stealing glances at me. I'm not a toy, Newbury. You want help? With what? The raging boner I give you?"

Jake couldn't help the soft chuckle that came from his lips at that. Oh she thought so highly of herself. "Believe me, since that evening the thought of you has not been giving me a raging boner. I have other... women to keep that tamed." Jake replied, it was no secret, his sex life was something quite illustrious, as half the women in the office could attest to.

"But, I think it's more of a question of why you brought me in here. Where..." Jake paused, moving closer to the witch and putting his hands either side of her to the wall behind. He'd let her go in an instant if she wished, Jake simply wanted to see how she'd react in the close confines. "Nobody can see what we're doing." He whispered, his lips oh so close to hers, but never touching. Jake couldn't give her the satisfaction of giving in first.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:30 am

Mari couldn't contain the indignant huff that tore past her lips as he spoke. How rude and do uncalled for, why was he being so mean? When he was stood so close, almost pushed up against her she felt a familiar urge and bit her lip.

No. Not yet.

"Ugh, why do you have to be such a dick? Do you get off on putting me down and being absolutely petty and insulting? It's so childish and frustrating because I want to just-"
for a moment even Marilyn wasn't sure if she was going to slap him or kiss him, both urges were strong. But her body seemed to take over last second and she closed the space between their lips, almost sighing in relief.

Right when they were going to deepen the kiss she pulled back slightly, "that. But I cant do that, Jake, not if you don't get your act straight." She managed, slightly breathless and still tantilizingly close.

Spoiler:

Made by Me

Last edited by Mari Caldwell on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:43 am

"Ugh, why do you have to be such a dick? Do you get off on putting me down and being absolutely petty and insulting? It's so childish and frustrating because I want to just-"

Jake didn't care if she threw names at her, he'd heard them all a hundred times at high school, heard much worse at high school. He'd got past the point of caring what other people thought of him outside of work a very long time ago.

But he didn't need to explain as she leant in and kissed him, bringing a soft sigh of relief from him as he pressed closer to her. A little voice in his head told him he'd won and a sense of triumph filled Jake in that moment. And he was ready to deepen it in that moment, but Marilyn was pulling away from him.

"that. But I cant do that, Jake, not if you don't get your act straight."

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Jake replied, his lips pressing back to hers once more. Because understanding her meant thinking, and Jake didn't think when it came to women. Thoughts were dangerous and led you down a road that he didn't wish to take. There was no way he'd allow her to make him think, because that would be his undoing.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:35 am

"I have no idea what you're talking about.

"Jake-" she admonished, but her words disappeared into the next, deeper kiss with a groan of frustration that turned to a groan of...not frustration. Losing her train of thought for a few moments her hands threaded through his hair as her tongue entered his mouth, but she pulled back, her own self worth demanding she stand her ground, albeit shakily.

"I just mean to stop tearing me apart every chance you get, it's completely uncalled for. I'm not saying I want to be your friend, trust me that is so not where this is going to go, but you can't treat me like shit and kiss me whenever you want. Seriously, I have bootycalls nicer than you and they don't even know my name."

Damn, that had been difficult to focus on when he was so close, but this was his only chance, no matter what her body said. Marilyn refused to be treated like a piece of worthless ass.

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:32 pm

"Jake-"

Amusement touched Jake's features as she spoke, trying to tell him off, but not giving him a good enough reason to behave if the reward was to get kisses. Kisses that deepened a moment later, Jake's hands moving to the woman's hips drawing her closer to him. However, such luxuries were short lived as Marilyn pulled away from him again, drawing a semi-frustrated groan from his lips. Was it so difficult to simply kiss him and forget words for five minutes?

The words that followed made Jake pause his attempts to get her to kiss him again, moving away slightly so he could see the woman properly. "I'm not tearing you apart." He replied, frowning slightly as she continued. If she wanted to play that game, she was equally as bad as he'd been and he hadn't called her out on it. "I also would like to point out you kissed me, so you can't blame me for that one. If you didn't like me, you wouldn't have kissed me. In fact you wouldn't have brought me here, nor would you have come to my desk. I can hardly see I'm doing wrong when you can't stay away."

It was smug, but more matter of fact.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:45 pm

"I'm not tearing you apart."

"You can't go through a single conversation with me without insulting me and while, yes, I can be rude, I'm never cruel." she deadpanned, not moving away from him though, letting him continue holding her by the hips, despite better judgement.

"I also would like to point out you kissed me, so you can't blame me for that one. If you didn't like me, you wouldn't have kissed me. In fact you wouldn't have brought me here, nor would you have come to my desk. I can hardly see I'm doing wrong when you can't stay away."

Marilyn sighed, "I don't blame you, I kissed you, and want is not the same as like. I brought you here because I didn't want anyone to see us talking for longer than a second."

Okay. That was the conscious reason. But she'd be the first to deny the unconscious reason.  "Hey, just because I want to kiss you and do a lot of other things to and with you doesn't mean it's a good idea. Actually it's pretty irrational. And I don't like irrational. Just because I can't stay away doesn't mean this is good for me. I mean, no, I will stay away. If you can't be nicer I'll force myself away."

The woman was actually somewhat disturbed by how quickly her common sense offered to jump out a window when he was touching her or even holding her like he was. A voice inside told her this was a bad idea and that it would never, ever end in anything but chaos, and she hated chaos.

"I will not let you treat me like shit."

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:58 pm

"You can't go through a single conversation with me without insulting me and while, yes, I can be rude, I'm never cruel."

"Isn't that what girls like, 'treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen'?" Jake asked, though his lips were quite clearly showing he wasn't taking this as seriously as he really should have been. He couldn't help but feel like she was trying to mother him, he didn't much like it. But he also knew that to some degree, it had worked on her.

"I don't blame you, I kissed you, and want is not the same as like. I brought you here because I didn't want anyone to see us talking for longer than a second."

"Now who's being rude?" Jake asked, leaning down to kiss Marilyn but she moved away to keep talking.

"Nicer?" Jake asked, raising his eyebrow. "We're natural enemies, Marilyn, we want the same job, the moment I start being nice to you, I lose that promotion." He reminded her, it was logical really, if he got comfortable, complacent, he could easily forget his goal, and the woman before him would get it.

"I will not let you treat me like shit."

"I'm sure you won't." Jake whispered, softly agreeing with her as he brought his lips back to hers, one hand moving up to cup her cheek. He didn't go for the deeper kiss, instead choosing a soft kiss, slow and patient.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:17 pm

"Isn't that what girls like, 'treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen'?"

"That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, Jake."
Marilyn shook her head, "And I'm a woman. An adult. A person." She saw the smile on his lips and shook her head, "I'm serious!" She sincerely meant it, not that that was a surprise. Mari was always serious, rational and contemplative. Hence why this was screaming wrong with every fiber of her body. But she just...he was so...agh.

"We're natural enemies, Marilyn, we want the same job, the moment I start being nice to you, I lose that promotion."

...infuriating.

"I stand corrected, that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. That doesn't make any sense and there is no correlation between the promotion and the way you treat me. But fine, don't be nice then, but stop," she kissed his jawline, "Being," his cheek, "Cruel." she kissed the corner of his mouth, retaining something of a firm expression.

"I'm sure you won't."

Wait, what? Did he just agree with her? Had Hell frozen over? Mari didn't have the time to ponder further, taken by surprise by his soft kiss, his hand cupping her cheek gently. In reaction she instantly kissed him back, her hands moving from his chest to his shoulders, up around his neck, letting him take the lead again.

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:29 pm

With Marilyn's words coming punctuated in kisses, Jake merely smirked. He wasn't cruel, if he was cruel she wouldn't be here. Of that much, Jake was certain. But he let her say what she wanted, it didn't really matter so long as he got what he wanted.

Which he did, as her hands moved from his chest to his shoulders and around his neck. They stayed kissing for some time, Jake leading a much slower kiss than the ones they'd shared in Hong Kong. If she wanted 'nice' he would prove he was at least capable of that. As he pulled away, oh so gently, Jake used his hand to gently push her hair away from her face.

"I have to go, Montez." He told her, gently pulling away from the woman before him. There was no way he could let her get to him, not right now, and she wouldn't. He had the game in place now, because that was all this could ever be, a game.

"I'll see you on Monday, seeing as I know you never come for drinks." He told her, wiping his lips when he noticed Marilyn's lips weren't quite as red as they usually were. "You might want to..." Jake motioned to her and then pointed to his lips so she knew before he slipped through the door of the copy room, heading back to his desk and grabbing his wallet, phone, keys and suit jacket before heading off to the bar for the evening.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:27 pm

Letting the kisses continue Marilyn was soon lost again in the want for more, despite her better judgement. This was different from Hong Kong, thankfully. Good, right? Headed in a not bad direction? Yeah? No, honestly this was probably the worst decision Marilyn had ever made but that didn't become completely clear until he was gone, she'd let him leave with a nod and a "And I should get back to work." before she was alone in the room.

Once alone she sank to the floor, head in her hands. What was she doing? This was so utterly unlike her it could not be further from what she normally did. She just...couldn't seem to control herself completely when he was close to her. When she gathered herself she drove home, dropping off her things before going for a walk in Central Park to clear her head.

She came back at four AM just as conflicted as ever.

Every day she woke up and told herself she'd end it, that it was a bad idea. That he was the worst idea she could have had. But then she'd see him and he'd 'accidently' brush up against her and in the copy room he'd have her up against the wall or on the table or on her knees and she just couldn't do it.

Two weeks this went on and they never once actually had sex.

Until one night, Helen's birthday, Mari had gone clubbing with her best friend. Something she generally never did. But once a year for Helen's sake she'd go out with her. Helen, the lovely dear, was already plastered and dancing with a guy she'd picked up at the bar. Knowing that office people did't tend to frequent this place Marilyn had let Helen dress her and was now happily dancing in what was possibly the most provocative way possible.

Little did she know that soon a very specific pair of eyes would land on her.

(Marilyn)

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:46 pm

For two weeks, Jake had been quite happy with the unspoken agreement that had come between them. He knew how to play this right, and on many occasions it had been much more than right too. The copy room had become something of a rendezvous point for them, neither one suggesting this went to an outside of work thing. Which was fine with Jake. He got the best of both worlds, a hot office fling of sorts, and any girl he wished afterwards.

It was great, really.

It wasn't that he wasn't grateful for Marilyn, Jake simply hadn't been a one-girl man. Nor did he have any cause to break off with the other women at that point either.

Two weeks after the scene in the copy room, Jake was out at a club with his football team. They'd won that day, so Jake's spirits were high. They were out in the bars with only one goal in mind. Women. Jake had moved to the bar for his fifth or maybe even sixth drink, deciding on shots that evening rather than beer as his eyes scanned the room. As they scanned, Jake took a double take at a woman on the pole, her figure was exquisite, but it was only as his eyes reached the woman's face and he choked on the shot that was halfway in to his mouth.

"No..." Jake breathed, wiping his face. But it was, and Jake couldn't help but excuse himself from his group, motioning to the woman on the pole as his next 'target'. None of them needed to know he already knew her, or that very soon he would be dancing with her and getting much further than most of the rest of the team would be getting that evening.

Moving through the crowd until he was behind Marilyn, Jake waited for the opportune moment, his hands moving to her waist as she danced, his hips moving with hers as he pressed close. "Funny seeing you here..." Jake murmured. "You dance well." He added, allowing a few more bars of the song to pass before he moved away, he didn't wish to stop the show that was... well, much more interesting to watch that to be a part of.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:16 pm

When Marilyn felt hands at her hips she was ready to smoothly kick the offender to the curb but stopped when she heard an all too familiar voice...Oh shi-

"You dance well."

Marilyn nodded and collected herself, rebounding from the initial shock and grinding against him subtly, knowing that he hadn't yet seen the front of her dress. Suddenly she was glad she'd let Helen talk her into the dress she was wearing. He stepped away but she knew he wasn't leaving, just watching. He wouldn't miss this. So she more or less ignored him and continued dancing as she had been, knowing the effect wouldn't go amiss, but as the song ended she turned to walk right up to him and in a lower, huskier voice, slightly breathless from dancing asked,

"Wanna dance?"

As she swayed to the new music that was playing, dangerously close to him. Soon she felt hands on her hips and she was so close to him it was hard to tell where one began and the other ended and it felt so much more intense, because she could feel the room full of eyes on them with envy. Feeling slightly daring (Hello alcohol) she used the loud music to moan in his ear so onl he could hear.

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:28 pm

It was no surprise that the woman tensed as his hands moved to hips, but how quickly she relaxed in to the touch was more than amusing to Jake, if he was honest. Giving her the short while of grinding against him, Jake appreciated what he could see, catching one of his friends eyes in between and smirking.

But that smirk was nothing in comparison to the one that grew a few moments later as he stepped away, watching Marilyn work the pole in something of quite an impressive nature. It was in that moment he was a lot hotter than he'd given her credit for, really, but as the song finished, that was corrected too. Eyes slightly wide at the very, very open fronted dress, Jake found it more than difficult to look away.

"Wanna dance?"

Jake didn't answer as she began to dance, taking hold of her hips and drawing her closer to him. Though Jake couldn't help but move them round to her ass a few moments later, not that anyone could blame him, this... this was quite something. Moving together, much more intimately that before, Jake leaned next to her ear. "Dancing is only so much fun." He told her, right in the moment she moaned in his ear. Holding her close him, Jake moved to kiss the woman firmly.

"What are you doing tonight, after here, I mean?" Jake asked, sucking lightly on her earlobe and grinning wolfishly towards his friends who looked... well, shell-shocked. If only they knew...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   

Back to top Go down

Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next