Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:28 pm

"You. Are. Exasperatingly. Melodramatic."

"Am not." Jake replied, softly pressing his lips to hers once more. He just really wasn't very good at reading people, which was something of a very big problem in that moment.

"I'll be back every weekend. I can fly you out to see me whenever you can. Just because I have to go doesn't mean I'm not still yours."

Nodding slowly, Jake understood - kind of - what she was saying. She would come back, nothing would change between them. They could... keep what they'd been doing for the last couple of months. She just wouldn't be there every day. Kissing her lips again, Jake pulled her back close. "Your dad is going to kill me." He muttered gently against her lips. "But... just... if you meet someone in Boston, just... just tell me, okay?"

It was a genuine worry of his, it was silly really, they were just... were they even that anymore? Jake didn't know. He had a vague idea of what he wanted, and Marilyn's words were verging on something of the same level. But he had to be sure. "We're... going to give this a go, seriously have a go at... us?" Jake asked gently, pulling away to see her eyes. Because he was quite sure that he could see if he looked hard enough, precisely what the woman wanted.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:46 pm

"But... just... if you meet someone in Boston, just... just tell me, okay?"

"Didn't you hear me?" she teased, kissing him sweetly, "I'm yours." Marilyn reassured, captivating his lips with hers once more. Now she had definitly missed her flight, but no matter, she'd call her father and have the chauffeur intercept her bags whilst she took the family jet instead. She preferred it anyway.

"We're... going to give this a go, seriously have a go at... us?"

"Yes."
Mari nodded, pulling him closer and wrapping her arms around his neck, "We are definitely a couple now, if that's what you want, too." Kissing him again, one of her hands sliding into his hair she whispered, "I do have to call my father and get on his plane today, though. And you, you played hooky from work. So we both have to face him. "

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:59 pm

"Didn't you hear me?" she teased, kissing him sweetly, "I'm yours."

The kisses were equally as reassuring as the words that came with them, with Jake happily kissing her back and nodding ever so slightly. There were many things Jake was, but sure in his worth to others was not something he held. "I like the sound of that." Jake managed to mumble against her lips, smiling slightly. He was hesitant, like many probably would be, because this was a new venture for him. But a venture that he wanted to try, for sure.

"We are definitely a couple now, if that's what you want, too."

"That's why I'm here." Jake reminded her. There was nothing more he could add to that, so Jake didn't, in fear of ruining the mood.

"I do have to call my father and get on his plane today, though. And you, you played hooky from work. So we both have to face him."

Checking his watch over Marilyn's shoulder, Jake counted up the time. "I've been out the office for an hour, so I'll just skip lunch and work late." He told her with a small shrug of his shoulders. "It was worth it." He added, making sure she knew he hadn't regretted his decision. "But... I should really get back... You'll get the next flight?" Jake asked, not completely sure how missing a flight worked because he'd never had the misfortune. That, was likely to get docked from his wages, he realised too late. At the bare minimum.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:33 pm

"I like the sound of that."

Humming contently Marilyn pressed soft kisses to his jawline and felt completely at ease for once, despite the shitstorm she was going to get from her Dad. And he was going to get from her Dad. And they might get from the office.

At the information that he'd just skip lunch Marilyn nodded, "We could grab sandwiches on the go now, if you want, because I'm taking Dad's jet instead, the driver will pick up my luggage in Boston and it's better that I tell him face to face."

Mari explained, already dreading the moment of telling her father she'd missed her flight and that she was now officially dating Jake Newbury. "Don't worry, he can't fire you for dating his daughter. It'll be okay."

It was not quite okay. But it was good enough. Back at the office Marilyn had walked in holding Jake's hand much to everyone's surprise and gone in to see her father alone. After a bit of an argument featuring phrases like "Marilyn, what on earth has posessed you?" and "He's important to me, Dad!" and ending with: "...I see. Well, as long as you're still going to Boston...fine. I'll have the plane ready in an hour."

She'd come out with a small smile and kissed Jake on the cheek before he'd gone in.

After saying their goodbyes and a few hours later Marilyn had landed safely and that evening as she sat in her new home in her new bed she called Jake and they talked for ages until finally nearly falling asleep on the line, they wished each other a good night.

So it continued, they had a few skype dates, texted throughout the day and called when they couldn't skype. After what felt like forever it was Saturday morning and Marilyn had texted Jake to meet her in front of his office building where she had somewhat of a surprise for him...

(Inside Mari's home)
(Outside)
(Mari)

Spoiler:

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:05 pm

"We could grab sandwiches on the go now, if you want, because I'm taking Dad's jet instead, the driver will pick up my luggage in Boston and it's better that I tell him face to face."

"Sounds good. I'm starving anyway." Jake agreed, flagging down a cab so they could head back towards the office. They stopped at the café on the corner before heading in to the office block, hand in hand. Jake had ignored the shock on everyone's face, letting Marilyn talk to her dad first as he moved back to his desk. Getting on with his work as they talked it through.

Jake had been called in a short while later, accepting the token gesture from Mari and heading in to see Louis on his own.

"Do you have any idea how much you're potentially throwing away?" Louis had demanded the moment he sat down, glaring at Jake who, to his credit, didn't recoil for a moment.

"I'm perfectly aware that you are trying your best to separate us, sir. I'm perfectly aware that what I did today could have cost me my job. But, I would not change anything I did today, sir. If feeling so strongly for your daughter is wrong, then I guess I am very wrong in what I did. But, that won't stop me from having feelings for her." Jake replied seriously, not being intimidated by the Frenchman's glare.

"One toe, Newbury, just one toe out of line. One tear on her cheek, one sad look, and I'll ruin you." Louis had insisted, slamming out of the meeting room without another word, leaving Jake sat quietly for a moment to collect himself.

After a few moments, Jake had emerged, moving straight to Marilyn and giving her a hug and a light kiss. "Have a safe journey. Call me later, too, please?" Jake had asked and Marilyn had agreed.

"Newbury, get to work!"

Jake had jumped at the sound of Clement's voice, but with one last kiss to Marilyn's lips, he'd hurried back to his desk and gotten on with the work he hadn't been doing for the time he'd been out of the office. Jake hadn't left the office until gone seven that evening, completely exhausted from getting so much done, but happy with the decisions he'd made.

When his phone had gone off halfway through dinner, Jake had quickly scoffed his last mouthful down and answered the phone on his way out from the dining room, despite his mom's calls to sit back down. After getting to his room, Jake had put the lock across and led on his bed, talking to Marilyn for hours about the flight, Boston, everything they could think of, and then them. They'd set up a few ground rules, do's and don'ts so to speak, so that they knew what this was going to be. What time they'd finally fallen asleep, Jake wasn't sure. But this, this was something that he was quite sure he was going to enjoy getting used to.

By the end of the week, Jake was exhausted, the news had spread around the office like wildfire, but Jake didn't listen to it. Only when they started to speak badly of Marilyn did he step in, and soon, everyone was respecting the woman like they should have been many years ago. After the Skype call after he'd been to the pub Friday, Jake was more than ready for the next day.

So when he'd woken up to a text telling him to be at the office at a certain time, Jake had been slightly confused, but had followed Marilyn's instructions anyway. After something of a debate on what to wear, Jake had opted for a suit figuring it had to be something work related if she was calling him in to the office. Though, it was a Saturday...

Leaning against the wall outside the office, Jake waited for Marilyn, playing with his phone idly as he tried to work out what she had in mind as a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)   

Back to top Go down

Office AU (Marilyn & Jake)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5