Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So This is Christmas (Invite Only)

Go down 
+2
Teagan Finn
Mycroft Holmes
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

So This is Christmas (Invite Only) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So This is Christmas (Invite Only)   So This is Christmas (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 2:07 am

"They're important to you. So, they're important to me."

Tess smiled at his words, and her expression softened as he delicately kissed her forehead. He was always so careful with her, right from the beginning, and despite the fact that she was tough and had survived a lot, sometimes his gentility was so endearing, she felt her heart skip a beat. Kissing his cheek softly, she managed to compose herself as the door opened.

Teagan looked surprised to see them, but managed to hide it well, and she appreciated it. She supposed that she could have told them ahead of time that it was not just anyone but her...her life partner? Ugh again, labels. Still, she simply squeezed Ben's hand and smiled politely.

That is until she saw Conner looking at them amused. Not just amused but high amused at the whole situation. The boy was never a fan of her and she was most definitely not a fan of his. But they'd made a pact to be somewhat civil during the Christmas season. But at this moment she wanted nothing but to hex him, and she could now considering she was of age. But she figured she wouldn't.
"Welcome, please come in. We're about ready to eat."

"Hello Teagan, sorry we were late, but I had some duties to take care of before we arrived, I hope you don't mind" she said politely as they both entered. "This is Ben" she introduced him to Teagan with a shy grin, "he's my guest for Christmas"

She was trying to be as polite as she possibly could until she heard the footsteps coming down the stairs. Turning to see the people she knew would be there, her soft smile soon turned to a cool expression at Mycroft's comments.

"No" he said annoyed, "No, I am not having this, no"

"Merry Christmas to you too big brother"

Back to top Go down
Benjamin Watson
Unsorted
Benjamin Watson

PostSubject: Re: So This is Christmas (Invite Only)   So This is Christmas (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 3:07 am

Keeping his emotions in check, Ben felt Tess's hand in his like a lead weight. Was this okay? Was this how she wanted to present them to...well, everyone? As they waited for the door to open, and she didn't let go, a little part of him was able to relax. The door opened then, and he took a deep breath.

Miss Finn was the first to open the door, and he was glad for it. While he hadn't spent much time in her classes when she'd taught at Hogwarts, he'd heard good things about her. It was a tough situation though, with Tess by his side. She'd been through her own issues with the older witch, and Ben felt the need to stand by her in those views, if just to support her. Still, it seemed she was making a move forward, and he agreed with that.

As Tess moved into the house, he followed with, sending a withering look towards Conner in the very opposite of amusement. The other boy was having a bit too much fun with this. When Tess introduced him to Teagan, he offered his hand.

"Thank you for allowing me to join you all. You have a lovely home." While people were generally not his strong suit, the usual niceties were bred into him.

It wasn't but a few moments later when he felt Tess physically tense beside him. Something was wrong. He looked up towards the staircase to see Professor Holmes. It was...unsettling, to say the least, to be here in his home. Trying not to show how scared he actually was, he kept things neutral.

"Professor Holmes. I trust you are well." Formal, yes, but he figured it was safer than being overly familiar. What matter most was the feel of Tess's hand in his. So long as she was there, everything would be okay.
Back to top Go down
Teagan Finn
Unsorted
Teagan Finn

PostSubject: Re: So This is Christmas (Invite Only)   So This is Christmas (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 1:04 am

"Teagan, Conner. My names Teagan," she murmured under her breath, still trying to piece it all together. The situation wasn't that abnormal, really. It would make sense, with normal teenage girls, that Tess and Rhian would end up dating guys who happened to be close as well. It would make their lives easier, in the ways that mattered. What was strange though, was seeing Tess with someone at all. Strange and...rather pleasing.

Trying to contain her growing happiness at the situation, she smiled openly at Tess. "Not at all. Conner here was just helping me put the finishing touches on everything in the dining room." When Tess introduced her guest, Teagan offered her hand. "No need for the formalities, Ben. Call me whatever you like." It was hard enough, meeting family, without having to worry about titles.

Just as she was closing the door behind them, moving to lead them through the kitchen and into the other room, she looked up to see Mycroft. Her brow furrowed at the odd look on his face. Hearing his words, not loud but clear, she frowned.

"My, what's wrong?"
Back to top Go down
Rhian Holmes
Unsorted
Rhian Holmes

PostSubject: Re: So This is Christmas (Invite Only)   So This is Christmas (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 2:03 am

Leading the way downstairs, Rhian caught sight of the pair at the door. Smiling brightly, she was excited to have them here. Lessons had been better between the Holmes siblings, but this was their first holiday since the big 'happening'. Add to that the addition of the boys and Rhian was beside herself.

It only took a second and she was down the stairs and standing by Conner. Her hand rested lightly on his back in greeting as she beamed at the other pair. Tess was dressed wonderfully, much better than the Gryffindor. And Ben looked nice as ever. While he still looked a bit like someone shoved a stick up his arse, Rhian could tell he was trying.

As everyone stared past her, though, she followed their move and looked back at the stairs, curious. The look on Mycroft's face was all she needed to know things weren't right. Her hand flexed, holding the back of Conner's shirt just a bit in her grip.

Oh, no.
Back to top Go down
Conner Bailey
Unsorted
Conner Bailey

PostSubject: Re: So This is Christmas (Invite Only)   So This is Christmas (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 2:20 am

Conner's eyes widened at the sight before him; at first he had to admit it was funny, especially with the looks he was getting from the couple. Ben's withering look was something he was used to, but never in this situation where he was actually favored over Ben. It was kind of a great feeling, even more so when he knew Miss Ice princess couldn't do anything about it, her look was cold, but she could have no bite because they were guests too.

Soon that all wilted away as Rhian and Mycroft entered into the room. The look on Mycroft was as if someone shat in his favorite chair and it was both hilarious and so horrible as he realized that Ben wasn't necessarily welcomed by anyone except maybe Tess. Hell did they really work on keeping it that secret? Rubbing the back of his neck, he ignored the pained feeling as Rhian grabbed at his shirt as it scratched his chest. He had nothing to do with it for once, he was no trouble in this situation it was just awkward. Mycroft Holmes was not usually a guy that seemed phased by anything and it seemed the idea of that unholy pair was enough for him to break.

"No" he said annoyed, "No, I am not having this, no"

"Merry Christmas to you too big brother"

"Professor Holmes. I trust you are well."

Damn. That was crazy. The way she said it was both incredibly brave and stupid. Same with Ben...oh that boy was so dead. He was going to miss him.

"My, what's wrong?"

This was getting worse. Was he going to say something? Defend his friend's honor? Nope. Shutting up sounded like a good idea.

Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: So This is Christmas (Invite Only)   So This is Christmas (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 2:27 am

If Mycroft was annoyed before, now he was practically seething. The fact that they were unfazed, the pair of them angered him more than anything. How long had this been happening? Was it during their common room times? Did they...oh Merlin did he just imagine unholy things happening? He shut that part off in his brain. The fact that she was so calm about this, as if this was obvious, as if this was even approved of. And Benjamin Watson, that little shit was calm as well too, not even thinking about letting her go.

"My, what's wrong?"

Teagan asked this but he was just so unprepared for this disaster. He was losing everyone at the same time. Rhian with that common boy, and Tess to this idiot. The world was coming to an end.

"Stop touching her" he hissed. "What the hell is this?! Did you all know about this?" he asked annoyed. "Why did no one tell me?! And don't you talk to me unless I talk to you first got it?"

This was a horrible idea, and he was an idiot for thinking that things could work out nicely. One boy was absolutely fine, Conner was frightened enough of him to behave during the whole visit, but Benjamin, that boy was something he wasn't used to. His cool behavior and his nonchalance at the situation matched perfectly with Tess' in a way that just made him think that premature baldness was a possibility for him.

Closing his eyes he took a deep breath and rubbed his temples. A migraine was definitely coming his way and he was already done with Christmas.

"Please tell me this is a joke"
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: So This is Christmas (Invite Only)   So This is Christmas (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 2:34 am

This was not coming out as she hoped. She bit her lip and looked at the scene before her. Rhian and Conner were put in a corner as Mycroft went into his mental rants. She knew when they happened, they were rare, but the flashing expressions behind his eyes told her enough to know that he was going over the worst possible situations between Ben and her. She frowned at the thought that she was ruining all of this. Ben...Ben was very important to her, and she wanted them to just...just work?

Maybe it was stupid of her, to think that bringing him in and knowing how much Mycroft and Ben had in common they would work wonderfully and become friends and he'd approve. She knew her parents would already approve, considering he was rich and pureblooded and interested in her. But she cared for Mycroft's opinion more than she cared to admit. But Teagan looked confused and stressed, Rhian looked horrified and Conner looked like his fun was over. But Ben, her sweet wonderful Ben was putting a brave face, and she wanted to kiss him then and there. But she didn't, instead she squeezed his hand and pulled him forward towards Mycroft.

"I'm sorry I didn't notify you of who it was. I didn't think it mattered. You know I am a good judge of character and...you know he's good. Good enough to be your apprentice should be good enough to be...to be with me" she said, struggling a bit at the end.

Merlin, she was being sentimental in front of people, how disgusting. Taking a deep breath she reigned in her annoyance at his dramatics. Definitely ran in the family, and she was one of the more even temperament. But at the mention of this being a joke, her temperament flared.

"Behave" she hissed at him already having a migraine starting of her own, "he's a good of a man as any, better even. So you behave or I swear to Merlin Mycroft Evans Holmes, I will walk out of here and spend Christmas with him"
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Watson
Unsorted
Benjamin Watson

PostSubject: Re: So This is Christmas (Invite Only)   So This is Christmas (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 3:04 am

Ben's previous neutral expression, set into place as a defense mechanism, was dropped as he saw how far south this was going. His brow furrowed lightly at the older man as Mycroft started reacting...well, there was no other word for it than 'bad'. At the man's comments, to let go of Tess, and to not speak to him, Ben felt a bit of anger and rebelliousness rise up within himself. It wasn't that he came here to defy Mycroft in any way, but the way they were received was just wrong.

Tess reacted first though, moving towards the stairs but never breaking contact with him. For that he was grateful. Good. Maybe not exactly. There were so many things in their past that were 'not good' he could almost laugh at her statements. But somehow, past everything, she was here with him. Standing up for the right to be with him. A warm grew in his chest as he looked down at her, his eyes turning soft, if a bit in awe.

When Tess was done, he squeezed her hand tenderly, clenching his jaw. "Sir, if I may," he asked. Yes, he intended to speak either way, but respect made a difference. Respect for someone who could curse his bollocks off without a second thought.

"I know we should have told you before, but honestly, our business is our own. I assure you my intentions with your sister are strictly honorable, and her happiness is all that matters to me." All of this was just too strange. He felt like he was looking for permission from a parent, with the way the tension practically radiated in the room. And while Mycroft was only Tess's brother, he technically was the head of the family now.

"We came here tonight in the hopes of sharing the holidays with the people that matter most to us. For Tess, that means all of you," Looking back at the girl beside him, the next part was the hardest. His voice turned soft, "For me, it's her."

Emotions weren't his thing, and Conner was going to rip him a new one later. But it was kind of now or never.
Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: So This is Christmas (Invite Only)   So This is Christmas (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 3:16 am

He hated being irrational, it rarely did happen but at the moment everything was screaming for him to just pull the girls away from these bastards and tell them to just die alone for the sake of his sanity. He knew that had this been brought to him slower he could have handled this better. Like with Rhian and Conner, that simpleton had been with his daughter for a while, enough for him to realize that could be permanent, but this was different. Tess constantly raved and ranted about not wanting anyone, hating people, hating socializing and would rather die a spinster than end up with anyone. And now here she was bringing someone home.

"I'm sorry I didn't notify you of who it was. I didn't think it mattered. You know I am a good judge of character and...you know he's good. Good enough to be your apprentice should be good enough to be...to be with me" she said, struggling a bit at the end.

Damn her. He hated the fact that he was being thrown logic at. Logic didn't mean a damn thing at the very moment, all that mattered was the fact that this wasn't with his consent. He was the head of the house, not his parents, he conducted the socialization of the family and he wasn't happy at this.

"He was an apprentice till he slacked off his last year. Were you a cause of that? Sharing a common room and all" he sneered back.

He was now pressing buttons, their maturity already lessening and they were returning to sibling behavior. His position be damned, she was his baby sister and she had to know that he knew better, he knew what was best for her.

"Behave" she hissed at him already having a migraine starting of her own, "he's a good of a man as any, better even. So you behave or I swear to Merlin Mycroft Evans Holmes, I will walk out of here and spend Christmas with him"

Snorting he glared at her, her brown eyes not wavering under his. But as soon as the damn boy opened his mouth he whipped his head towards his.

"I know we should have told you before, but honestly, our business is our own. I assure you my intentions with your sister are strictly honorable, and her happiness is all that matters to me."

"So you're telling me that you did the honorable thing by going behind my back? As a pureblood you should know better, that's not how we conduct. And speaking about honor, your position isn't in the highest regard so why should I care about your intentions when nothing will come out at this?" he sneered.

"We came here tonight in the hopes of sharing the holidays with the people that matter most to us. For Tess, that means all of you," Looking back at the girl beside him, the next part was the hardest. His voice turned soft, "For me, it's her."

Benjamin Watson was good with words. Who knew considering the boy was usually so quiet and reserved. And now he had enough of a vocabulary to stand up to him? Bad move. Very bad move.

"Well I don't approve of this, any of this. No permission to bring him in, others had the decency to do the honorable thing, others tended to be clear with what was happening and created communication. And you Tess Marie did the thing we know we should never do. So no I don't like this and I won't behave"his tone was cold, so cold and the Ice man had swarmed in.
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: So This is Christmas (Invite Only)   So This is Christmas (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 3:25 am

Tess knew that Mycroft was angry; yes she wasn't that open about her personal life, but there was a reason. She wasn't Rhian, she didn't mind sharing her personal life with the world like Tess did. Rhian and Conner didn't have the weight that both Ben and she carried, nor did they struggle like they did, but Mycroft didn't see that. Correction, he didn't want to see it. And as he began to cut through all her words, she was growing angrier and angrier.

"He was an apprentice till he slacked off his last year. Were you a cause of that? Sharing a common room and all" he sneered back.

That little shit did not throw that in her face. Her cheeks turned red in embarrassment at the implication. She would never...she looked at him in just blind rage, close to slapping him into logic until Ben stood up for himself, for them and Tess was genuinely surprised.

His words were so eloquent, beautiful and the reason that she loved him. She knew no one had stood up to Mycroft, it was a stupid thing to do, but she couldn't help but love him all the more for doing this. Looking over at him her eyes softened and her hand shook in nervousness at this situation. It wasn't how she wanted this to go, she wanted people to be happy for her, for them and just move on.

"Well I don't approve of this, any of this. No permission to bring him in, others had the decency to do the honorable thing, others tended to be clear with what was happening and created communication. And you Tess Marie did the thing we know we should never do. So no I don't like this and I won't behave"

At his words, he sounded just like father and that made her know she was losing him and fast. Shaking in anger she let go of Ben's hand and placed her hands on her hip, looking up at him seething. If he was going to play cold, then she was going to be burning hot. She knew that there was one thing he hated most in the world, one thing they both hated not having : control.

"Well whether you like it or not, Dad this is happening. Don't use your pureblood morals on me when you happily gave everything up for that lovely woman in the sitting room. Remember that pureblood gallantry? Yeah, me either. And if you so dare talk about my purity again I will make sure to make your assumptions true. And guess what? The more you don't like it, the more I want him." she said smirking widely, "because at the end of the day, whether you approve or not, I'm marrying him. So deal with that" she ended with a sickening sweet smile.
Back to top Go down
Teagan Finn
Unsorted
Teagan Finn

PostSubject: Re: So This is Christmas (Invite Only)   So This is Christmas (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 10:25 pm

Teagan could do nothing but look on as the man that she loved slowly lost his prized quality. Control. She'd known that much about him since their very first meeting in the library. The look in his eyes was enough to warn her that things were going to go downhill rather fast.

She just didn't know how bad it would get.

As things got more heated, she was glad that the other pair was a bit behind her. Not that she thought any of the others would hurt them, but she didn't want them trying to step into the fray. Holmes'....well, they were another breed entirely. And, it seemed, Watson was attempting to hold his own among them.

It surprised her - quite a bit, actually - how level headed the two younger ones tried to be. That surprise was only matched by how derailed Myce got, and how quickly. For a moment there, as Tess and Ben said their peace, Teagan hoped they would be able to end the discussion...

Until Myce came back at them, angrier than before. Teagan felt her own temper raise as she took in the whole scene: the Holmes siblings, finally together again for the holidays. Tess, for the first time in her life, bringing a man home to her family. The six of them, happy, content, and together. And they're ruining it all!!

"Enough!!"

Teagan wasn't one for wandless magic much, but sometimes she couldn't help herself. As her hands moved up to block the two parties from each other, a small shining wall came up in front of both siblings. The older witch could feel the magic flowing through her arms and out her fingers, fueled by her own anger and hurt.

"I WILL not have you all spoiling Christmas for everyone! You are all welcome here, family and friends, and you WILL act accordingly," she sent this last bit at Mycroft. As imposing as he could be, especially with the added height of the stairs, her resolve was infallible.

"Now," Teagan tried to lower her voice to a more appropriate and calming volume, "we are going to go into the dining room, sit at that table, and have a nice dinner, accompanied by pleasant conversation, and all the niceties that Christmas Eve should have. Is that clear?"

She was met with silence. She slowly lowered her hands, and her shields, looking at all of them in turn. With that, she turned on her heel and lead the way to said dinner, leaving no room for argument.
Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: So This is Christmas (Invite Only)   So This is Christmas (Invite Only) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 12:11 am

"Well whether you like it or not, Dad this is happening. Don't use your pureblood morals on me when you happily gave everything up for that lovely woman in the sitting room. Remember that pureblood gallantry? Yeah, me either. And if you so dare talk about my purity again I will make sure to make your assumptions true. And guess what? The more you don't like it, the more I want him." she said smirking widely, "because at the end of the day, whether you approve or not, I'm marrying him. So deal with that" she ended with a sickening sweet smile.

He was already disgusted by the fact she dared compare him to their father, and using the term "dad" was all the more annoying to him. He knew he'd gone far,but the anger was reigning him in more than anything. Everything was getting ruined. It was supposed to be just the family but instead there were intruders here messing everything up. It was childish, he understood, but at the moment all he could hear was the fact that the thought of his sister losing her virginity was more horrifying than anything. Her snarky remarks helped in no way to soothe his nerves, but rather amplify them.

But at the mention of marriage?! That's when he snapped. He was about to yell in return, that was when Teagan decided to jump in. He'd rarely had heard her yell and at the moment he realized exactly how the two of them had been arguing in front of everyone during Christmas.

Clearing his throat, he glared at Tess before walking off towards dinner. What was obvious was that the tension was in no way dissipated. Everyone ate very little, save for Conner, and there was very little small talk. Teagan had been disappointed, that much was clear and suggested that everyone retire to their rooms. Everyone took that into consideration and he knew that this was going to be a tense week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So This is Christmas (Invite Only)   So This is Christmas (Invite Only) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

So This is Christmas (Invite Only)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2