Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why you gotta be so mean (Gina)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Beatrice Lamarche
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Beatrice Lamarche

Why you gotta be so mean (Gina) Empty
PostSubject: Why you gotta be so mean (Gina)   Why you gotta be so mean (Gina) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Bea made her way down to the Great Hall early, wanting to get away from the Ravenclaws. Everyone was nervous about the midterms and were studying frantically. Well, they were yelling at one another about having to study and arguing loudly about the correct usage of unicorn's horn or whatever. It was all getting on Bea's nerves and even though she usually liked her Common Room, she needed to get out. She was almost hit by no less than seven spells and was actually hit by three of them.

Thankfully, she was able to get rid of the warts that had sprouted on her arms (she put the kid in detention for that) and water had stopped running out of her ears (another detention). However, she didn't even attempt to cancel out the third spell. It made her short hair bright green and she thought it quite suited her.

When she got to the Hall, she went straight to the Hufflepuff table and was a little disappointed her friends weren't there. The witch quite liked Allie and Victoria and had taken to eating with them, instead of at the Ravenclaw table, like she was probably supposed to. She didn't really have any friends in Ravenclaw and nobody's said anything to her about not being allowed to sit at another table, so she kept doing it.

Even though neither Allie or Victoria were there, Bea sat down at the almost empty Hufflepuff table, grinned brightly at the people around her and started piling food on her plate. It took a while to get used to English food and she still missed the gourmet food of France, but the Hogwarts House Elves made everything delicious. Well, everything except haggis. She was tricked into trying it once and hasn't forgiven the bastard yet. It was one of the Ravenclaw boys and was one of the reasons she preferred the Hufflepuff table.

The witch ate her roasted duck with great gusto and ignored the way people pointed at her green hair. Honestly, was it really that unusual? She sighed as some first year actually squealed and shook her head. There was no way she would even consider getting her hair back to normal that soon, but the reaction she was getting was a little annoying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why you gotta be so mean (Gina)   Why you gotta be so mean (Gina) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 4:07 pm

Gina rarely ate dinner early, in fact she usually waited for the last five minutes of dinner, when most people had already left. Today, however, the witch had decided to try and get earlier because she'd missed lunch and she was starving. Not to mention the prefects seemed to be lingering around the kitchen so that was out of the question right now.

When the witch slipped through the door, she was faced with a bright green head of hair on the Hufflepuff table. A smile touched her lips before she realised who it was, and then the Hufflepuff rolled her eyes. Beatrice couldn't be serious, surely? She asked herself as she moved to the table, sitting opposite the witch. "Hey!" Gina spoke, setting herself down and looking at the witch's plate that was filled quite extensively. Well, that wasn't something she'd personally place, but good on the witch.

"How are you?" Gina asked, pulling a chicken leg on to her plate and beginning to carefully pull the meat from the bone and lifting it to her mouth. The witch didn't eat much, and ate little mouthfuls at a time. "And why are you sat at the Hufflepuff table?"
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Lamarche
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Beatrice Lamarche

PostSubject: Re: Why you gotta be so mean (Gina)   Why you gotta be so mean (Gina) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Someone greeted her suddenly and Bea looked up with a bright grin, expecting either Allie or Victoria. She was definitely not expecting the hot Hufflepuff girl with glasses. Her grin went from excited to surprised, but she quickly regained control over herself and greeted the girl back. This was amazing, Georgina has never spoken to her just like that before.

"How are you? And why are you sat at the Hufflepuff table?"

"I'm well, thank you! Oh, I always sit here. Allie and Victorie are so much nicer than people at the Ravenclaw table." she explained with a fond smile. She loved saying the names together, as they rhymed the way she said them.

"Though... I don't think I've ever actually seen you here." Lie. A total lie. She always kept an eye out for the girl and always got a little excited when she saw her, even if it was only for a few minutes. Georgina always seemed to get to the meals very late and sat by herself and usually Bea got the urge to go say hi, but never actually did. The girl seemed to prefer silence and solitude and Bea could respect that.

"Got any interesting packages lately?" Bea asked casually before eating a spicy chicken wing in what her Maman would call 'unlady like manner'. She had green hair, who on Earth would care how she ate her food, anyway?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why you gotta be so mean (Gina)   Why you gotta be so mean (Gina) EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 12:26 pm

"I'm well, thank you! Oh, I always sit here. Allie and Victorie are so much nicer than people at the Ravenclaw table."

"You mean Victoria? The annoying little pink thing from America?" Gina asked, shaking her head. "That kid is... something. I drew her a bloody map to get her to leave me alone in the first couple of weeks. It seems to have worked. For now." The Hufflepuff explained, nice wasn't arguable, the witch had been polite when she asked, but being so vibrant... there was definitely a time for that. A time that did not include Gina in any shape or form.

"Though... I don't think I've ever actually seen you here."

"Then we can quite clearly see I should have been a Slytherin." Gina replied a small smile playing at her features. Taking a little more chicken and carefully eating it will little and less enthusiasm, Gina continued after finishing her mouthful. "I usually eat much later, so I'm not here." She explained, letting out a small shrug. Mostly, she disliked people watching her eat because of how little she ate and the comments that centred around that.

"Got any interesting packages lately?"

Gina paused in her eating, wondering if the Ravenclaw prefect knew what had been in that package that evening. She couldn't have seen anything though, the Hufflepuff assured herself, or the witch would probably have hurried off to the Head Girl to get her in Detention, or something. "Only from my parents." Gina replied, which was kind of the truth, but not the whole truth. They sent me some sweets, because they think I am still five years old. And a copy of the latest Mode magazine. They think I like fashion, or something." Gina rolled her eyes, for whilst she wasn't poorly dressed, she most certainly didn't wear that kind of fashion.

"The advice column was quite amusing though..." Gina explained, leaning down in to the bag and pulling out the magazine, quickly turning a few pages until the love heart heavy page came in to view, turning it to the witch before her, she pointed to the top half of the article. "Look at what some loved up idiot wrote in to say!" She said, letting out a soft giggle and shaking her head. "I mean, if you like someone, just tell them. It's really not that difficult. Playing games is just stupid." Gina spoke as if this was common sense, because even to her, the witch who'd never dated, she knew precisely how she would approach it.
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Lamarche
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Beatrice Lamarche

PostSubject: Re: Why you gotta be so mean (Gina)   Why you gotta be so mean (Gina) EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 1:22 pm

Bea frowned at the Hufflepuff when she commented on Victoria. True, she hasn't spent a lot of time with Victoria, but she knew enough about the girl to know she was sweet, thoughtful and cheerful. Maybe sometimes a bit too cheerful, but it was all a part of her charm.

"Victoria's a good friend." she said, a bit coldly. The map thing made up for Georgina's comment though, but she wasn't about to say that. She didn't want to come across as a lovesick puppy who adored every little thing the Hufflepuff did. And anyway, if the girl would be rude to her friends, then Bea didn't really want to like her, no matter how hot she was. Beatrice had principles, you see.

"Then we can quite clearly see I should have been a Slytherin."

"Slytherin is ambitious and conniving, right? I could see you there, yes." Bea asked, trying to remember what the Headmaster had said at her tour. She didn't really want to listen to rumours about Slytherins being evil and things like that. Honestly, that was all just prejudice and she didn't want anything to do with that. Prejudice about Ravenclaws being studious and clever is what only heightened her parents' expectation about her academic career, after all. Prejudice is what made her be afraid of who she was for some time back in France and it was the shittiest she had ever felt. It was not nice at all and she didn't want to make anyone feel that way.

"You'd look good in green and silver." she added with a small smirk. Of course, she thought Georgina would look good in anything, but that was completely besides the point.

Bea smiled when the Hufflepuff said she got sweets from her parents. It was adorable. She perked up at the mention of the Mode Magazine, as it reminded her she needed to get herself a copy. She didn't really know what had possessed her, but she wrote to the advice column a couple of weeks ago, asking for advice on how to "seduce" Georgina. Of course, she didn't expect the magazine to actually post her letter or give her any sound advice, but the letter was out there and she was getting sort of desperate. Any help would be welcomed.

As Georgina leaned down to get something out of her bag, Bea went to drink some of her pumpkin juice and then almost choked on it when she saw her letter printed in the magazine. She spluttered and coughed, and could feel her cheeks heating up. Could this be any more embarrassing?

"Look at what some loved up idiot wrote in to say!" She said, letting out a soft giggle and shaking her head. "I mean, if you like someone, just tell them. It's really not that difficult. Playing games is just stupid."

Yes. Yes it could get more embarrassing.

Bea was finally able to breathe again and she set her glass down, reaching for a napkin. She was trying to take it all in, but she wasn't doing a very good job of it.

There Georgina was, showing her the letter she wrote and calling her a 'loved up idiot' to her face! Granted, the Hufflepuff didn't know - couldn't possibly, right? - that Beatrice was the one who wrote the letter, but still. And that wasn't all, she was giving her some more advice!

She decided to read the article first and see what the lady from the magazine said and then see which advice she liked better. The prospect of just telling Georgina how she felt was terrifying, mostly because of the mixed signals the girl was sending; flirting one minute and then closing up the next, acting as though Bea was the worst person in the world. It was very confusing and scary.

"Can I, uh, read this? To, um, see what kind of stupid advice they gave." Wonderful safe, Bea. Truly magnificent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why you gotta be so mean (Gina)   Why you gotta be so mean (Gina) EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 4:23 pm

The notion of Victoria being a good friend simply made Gina shrug lightly. It didn't overly matter to her if she was a good friend, the kid seemed okay, just... too much sunshine. "She's a kid, not my cup of tea." Gina softened, or hoped to soften the words she'd already spoken. Before realising what she'd done. Hmm, it seemed she cared what the Ravenclaw thought of her ideologies. How odd.

"Slytherin is ambitious and conniving, right? I could see you there, yes."

"Something like that, mixing with the dark arts, generally bad people, but ultimately doing well for themselves." Gina reeled off, quite obviously not believing that these things made you such. Though in honesty, she didn't feel like she fitted in to Hufflepuff, but it was, to her, the perfect cover. Nobody ever suspected a Hufflepuff. "I'm not so sure if green would be as good as the yellow and black." Gina replied, again giving a small shrug. Colours didn't matter to the witch.

As the topic changed to the magazine, Gina noticed that the witch's cheeks heated up slightly. Well... that was unusual... for an unrelated party...

"Can I, uh, read this? To, um, see what kind of stupid advice they gave."

"Sure, knock yourself out." Gina replied, passing the magazine to the younger witch and turning her focus back to her plate. "The advice columnist doesn't seem to be helpful, if you ask me." The Hufflepuff supplied, shaking her head.
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Lamarche
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Beatrice Lamarche

PostSubject: Re: Why you gotta be so mean (Gina)   Why you gotta be so mean (Gina) EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 5:06 pm

"She's a kid, not my cup of tea."

Bea nodded, accepting the answer. Not everybody can like everyone at all times and as long as Georgina wouldn't be mean to Victoria, everything would be alright. Bea had no idea why she was thinking about that, though. The way things were, Victoria and Georgina probably wouldn't be hanging out that much and no matter how much Bea liked Georgina, if the Hufflepuff didn't like her back, things would stay that way. Bea realized then that she really wanted Georgina to like her back. And to like her friends.

Damn. She was in deeper than she originally thought.

"Something like that, mixing with the dark arts, generally bad people, but ultimately doing well for themselves."

"Dark arts?" Beatrice raised one of her eyebrows. What on Earth did the Hufflepuff mean by that? Bea sincerely hoped Georgina wasn't one of the people who thought that wizards and witches born to Muggle families shouldn't be able to attend schools. That would suck. Not only because it would make the girl a generally horrible human being, but also because Bea refused to date people with such horrifying opinions. She really wanted to date Georgina, or to at least get to the 'friends' stage of the relationship.

She made a great big effort not to blurt out 'I think you'd look good in anything'. She was particularly proud of herself for not saying that.

The Ravenclaw hoped that her choking would distract Georgina enough not to see her blush or the way she was flustered by the article. It was highly embarrassing on its own, but for her crush to realize she wrote the letter would be... Well, she would probably have to move. To Australia, most likely.

"The advice columnist doesn't seem to be helpful, if you ask me."

Bea took the magazine and read the article, humming noncommittally in response to Georgina's comment.

The advice was to look incredibly good and then ignore the Hufflepuff. While that would be interesting, it didn't seem as if though Georgina noticed her at all anyway, so ignoring her might not even work. Plus, Bea knew she looked good, even with neon green hair.

This was useless. She had no idea what to do or what to say. It'd be so much better if she had the opportunity to read the article while she was alone, so she would have time to think about it. Although, if that were the case, she wouldn't know Georgina thought the advice wasn't helpful.

"So... Your advice to this person would be to just tell their crush they like them?" she asked, trying to sound casual as she closed the magazine. To have something to do, she put her food away and got a piece of pie for dessert. She wasn't really hungry anymore, but this at least gave her a fork to fidget around with. "And what if the crush was absolutely confusing? You know, flirting one second and then being mean and unresponsive the next."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why you gotta be so mean (Gina)   Why you gotta be so mean (Gina) EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 5:48 pm

"Dark arts?"

"Slytherins. They're in to Dark Arts." Gina clarified. "Not me." She added, realising that the French witch had not quite followed what she'd meant. The Dark Arts, presently, didn't interest her, mostly because her defence against them was relatively poor. But, she was getting there, slowly.

"So... Your advice to this person would be to just tell their crush they like them?"

"If you like a guy, sure. Not much point stepping around the subject. Get it out there, if he thinks the same you get lucky, if not you don't spend weeks or months fawning over him." Gina replied, going for the society acceptable notion of heterosexual relationships. The type she was sure would please her parents, but one that she saw no interest in. Though, there was absolutely no way she was going to say that in front of Bea, Merlin knew the witch before her probably would be horrified if she could hear the thoughts in her head.

"And what if the crush was absolutely confusing? You know, flirting one second and then being mean and unresponsive the next."

"Then he doesn't sound very nice." Gina replied simply. "And you should probably find someone else." Yes, Gina thought that people like that were silly, being ridiculous on the subject. It wasn't hard, was it? You either liked the person or you didn't. "Who's the lucky guy?" Gina enquired, smiling slightly at the notion of the younger witch having found someone. It was cute...

Though there was... a very unsettling feeling in her stomach.

Jealousy?

No. Stop. Now.
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Lamarche
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Beatrice Lamarche

PostSubject: Re: Why you gotta be so mean (Gina)   Why you gotta be so mean (Gina) EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:45 am

As Georgina explained that she meant Slytherins, not herself, Bea relaxed and smiled at the witch. Liking someone who was into Dark Arts would require so much effort on her part and she wasn't entirely sure she would be prepared for it. She was vaguely aware she was probably relieved for the wrong reasons, but she didn't particularly care. Georgina wasn't into Dark Arts and that meant she could like her all she wanted and not feel terribly horrible about it.

Beatrice raised her eyebrows when the girl used a straight couple for her advice. She felt a familiar knot in her stomach as she realized she was falling for a presumably straight girl. Again. This was unbelievable. Why were straight girls so hot?

"Or her. Or them, for that matter." she commented, seemingly casual. She wanted to see Georgina's reaction, clinging to that last thread of hope that the Hufflepuff would like girls as well.

Her eyebrows climbed higher when Georgina commented on the 'guy' not sounding very nice. Was she completely unaware that she was doing that very thing to Bea? English girls, honestly.

"Who's the lucky guy?"

At that, Bea couldn't help but laugh nervously. It was such a ridiculous and highly embarrassing situation. While she she was sure Georgina didn't know she sent the letter (she had a feeling the girl would tease her mercilessly), she still knew she was in a similar situation. What Georgina didn't know, apparently, was that she was the lucky guy. Or gal.

"Um." Bea said cleverly. "Not a guy, really. It's, uh, in fact, uh..." Mon Dieu, Beatrice, stop mumbling. "You." She forced herself to look at Georgina and to stop fiddling with her fork. She could feel she was blushing furiously and hoped to any and every deities that Georgina wouldn't notice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why you gotta be so mean (Gina)   Why you gotta be so mean (Gina) EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 9:15 am

"Or her. Or them, for that matter."

Gina's body stiffened slightly at the insinuation, not because she disagreed with homosexuality, but because she wasn't sure if that was a comment in regards to her own sexuality. The sexuality she was quite sure she'd hidden well enough, so only a look of confusion touched her features, because this conversation was making her question her own capabilities. "I guess so..." Gina replied, looking down at her plate. Merlin why was the French girl so capable of seeing it? She didn't know, but she was panicking now, and there was absolutely nothing she could do...

Except maybe run away?

Gina noticed the witch's eyebrows raising at her comment of the guy not sounding nice over the top of her glasses when she stole glances at the witch. Perhaps she'd said something wrong? But then, she wasn't sure it overly mattered. After all, it was only Beatrice's opinion that really mattered of the other person.

"Um. Not a guy, really. It's, uh, in fact, uh... You."

Gina had just placed a piece of chicken in her mouth, carefully chewing it and trying not to overthink how she'd gone wrong. Surely she hadn't. But the moment the final word came out of the younger witch's mouth, she'd stopped chewing on her chicken and looked up at the witch with an expression that was so confused in what had been said that it probably didn't allow for the younger witch to work out whether it was being received well or not. "You..." Gina swallowed her mouthful, setting her fork down and looking at the Ravenclaw in utter disbelief. "I'm... you... what?" She asked, shaking her head because she couldn't get her head around this.

She was most certainly straight. Beatrice was very beautiful, a beauty that only enhanced when she was blushing. The way her eyes met hers confidently and turned every resolve that she was not attracted to girls was turning to mush before her. But the Hufflepuff despite her inward debate was smiling, hesitant but there, she was smiling, because even if her head disagreed, her body knew what it wanted.
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Lamarche
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Beatrice Lamarche

PostSubject: Re: Why you gotta be so mean (Gina)   Why you gotta be so mean (Gina) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 7:02 am

Georgina only looked confused and like she wasn't believing what she heard and Beatrice had absolutely no idea what the other girl was thinking. Was it disbelief because she liked her too or because she never ever thought a girl might like her? Not knowing what Georgina was thinking was making Bea feel sick and she wanted to run away more than anything. Her eyes were wide and she was pretty sure she was blushing furiously and she couldn't calm down.

"I'm... you... what?"

"Gay." Bea blurted out and then winced. "Well, pansexual, really. Gender doesn't really matter." she said, almost calmly. It was incredibly surreal, discussing her sexuality after she just told a girl she liked her.

She should have stopped talking then. Really, she should have. She didn't. It was mostly the tiny smile that crept up on Georgina's face that was encouraging her to keep talking. That, and she didn't really have any control over her mouth anymore.

"So, um, I totally understand if you don't like me, I do. You're really pretty though so I don't feel bad or anything, 'cause you're, I mean, my god. And I would really like to, you know, see you, sometimes. Food is always good, right. Yeah. And if so, Hogsmeade? With me? You don't have to."

Beatrice winced again. Of all the ways to ask someone out on a date, Beatrice was sure this was the most horrifically awkward one. She wasn't even thinking about what she was saying anymore and only realized that she had asked Georgina to Hogsmeade a few seconds after she said it.

You are the dumbest person alive.

"I should go. Yes." the witch nodded and attempted to get up as quickly as possible, which resulted in her almost falling over. She shut her eyes in frustration and then walked out of the Great Hall, mouthing 'oh my god.' as she went.

She was only focused on getting somewhere with absolutely no people to wallow in her own idiocy and didn't even realize she had left her bag on the bench. She had never been so embarrassed in her life and she just wanted to go live in a cave somewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why you gotta be so mean (Gina)   Why you gotta be so mean (Gina) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 10:23 am

"Gay." Bea blurted out and then winced. "Well, pansexual, really. Gender doesn't really matter."

Gina simply stared at the witch before her, wide eyed, and feeling completely cornered despite the openness of the room. Homosexual? This was almost like her nightmares, where she'd told Beatrice that she was some kind of beautiful, where she'd leant in, kissed the witch and then the French witch had been... angry, very, very angry. But this... was this a dream? Or was this the lasting effects of a very horrible dream where the witch before her was trying to catch her out. Everything was so frightening right now.

However, it didn't seem that that was going to be enough of a smacking down that day, as the French girl continued.

Talking about going to Hogsmeade. Together. For food. Gina continued to sit still, just watching Beatrice with a mixture of compulsion to act on the words, accept her offer, and then the other side was telling her this was a complete joke. Pretty girls, Gina reminded herself, weren't gay.

"I should go. Yes."

Gina had been telling herself to say something, anything. Tell the witch she was straight, despite finding Beatrice highly attractive, despite having many thoughts about the witch that no straight witch had ever had, despite the fact she looked out for her every time she entered a lesson only to find she was in the year below. Gina wished with every ounce of her being that she could say precisely what she wanted to without repercussions, but she wasn't sure that it was safe to do so.

People like her weren't safe.

But before she could say anything, Beatrice was gone and she was left staring dumbfounded at the place she'd been sitting only moments before. "Don't." She managed, much too belatedly. Standing from her seat, Gina noticed Beatrice's bag and picked it up, deciding to give it back as soon as she could. That... however wasn't a defined time.

And Merlin she wasn't even sure if she could see the witch again, knowing what she did, and not kiss the witch to see if she was truthful about what she'd said.

But then... what if she wasn't serious and this was some mean plot?

Shut up, shut up, shut up! Gina shouted at her head, barely noticing she was trembling from some emotion she couldn't place. This really, really wasn't fair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why you gotta be so mean (Gina)   Why you gotta be so mean (Gina) Empty

Back to top Go down

Why you gotta be so mean (Gina)
Page 1 of 1