Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Surprise (Jari)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Surprise (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: The Surprise (Jari)   The Surprise (Jari) EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:59 am

After a day spent doing very little, Jake had hoped that the witch had thought that she was simply getting a photo frame for her birthday and that would be all. The young man made no notion of going out that evening until he checked the clock. It was six in the evening, the duo were curled on the sofa, and Jake had leant over to steal a kiss. "You better get ready." Jake told the witch, something that had received a confused look.

After explaining that Mari needed to get dressed, preferably in something warm, the witch had left to the bathroom, still looking thoroughly confused. After a quick change on Jake's behalf, he'd taken the witch by the hand and apparated to a hillside in the middle of no where. If it hadn't been for the small lanterns before them, it would have been pitch black.

Before them in the clearing was a small picnic that had been made up, with cushions and a chairs if necessary. A heating charm had been placed on the area to take the chill out of the December air, and the stars above were shining quite brightly in the clear sky. It had taken some work to find the place, and more to make the setting right, but Jake was quite sure he'd done well.

Looking at the witch, waiting for a reaction, Jake decided to explain. "Your grandfather explained how you liked the stars when we were in Mexico, so I thought... I thought we could spend the evening beneath the stars." His voice was soft, perhaps slightly timid as he admitted his ideas out loud. But this meant a lot to the witch, something he hadn't realised before and he wanted to show her that they could share... everything together.

The Picnic
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Surprise (Jari)   The Surprise (Jari) EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 10:18 am

The rest of the day had been so peaceful and calm and Marilyn could not have been more content to spend the rest of the evening in Jakes arms. So her surprise was genuine when he told her she should get changed. But she complied and soon they were off with a crack! and when Marilyn opened her eyes she gasped softly at the sight that met her, her hand moving to cover her mouth which had opened in surprise, unable to speak, only listen as he explained.
"Your grandfather explained how you liked the stars when we were in Mexico, so I thought... I thought we could spend the evening beneath the stars."

"Merlin's- you- you did this for me?" she asked incredulously, looking up at him ashe stood beside her. A romantic picnic under the stars... it was...well, beyond touching, somewhat amazing, really, to the witch. Nobody had ever done something like this for her before, and she had never anticipated ever being with someone like Jake, someone who apparently would do anything to make her happy. And happy she was. Ecstatic. And it showed in the small sound of delight as she turned to wrap her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly, burying her face in his neck.

"You're the best, really. Best boyfriend, best friend. I'm- just- so grateful. For all of this, today, every day, all of it."
the words she hadn't found in bed that morning came flowing off her lips against his skin as they stood entwined, mint and cinnamon mixing in the air around them.

(Marilyn)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Surprise (Jari)   The Surprise (Jari) EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 1:21 pm

"Merlin's- you- you did this for me?"

"Of course..." Jake replied, smiling at the sheer delight on Mari's face as she looked up at him incredulously. "I thought that this would be something you enjoyed, so... I made it happen." Jake explained, wrapping his arms around the witch as she moved closer.

"You're the best, really. Best boyfriend, best friend. I'm- just- so grateful. For all of this, today, every day, all of it."

"Shh." Jake told the witch softly, shaking his head slightly and leaning down to press his lips against Mari's. Jake didn't wish to hear those words, because she talked up what he'd managed and quite honestly, it wasn't that great. "Today's about you." He added a moment later, taking her hand and leading her to the blanket's to sit down. There was champagne on ice, and though Jake was working tomorrow, he knew that he could have a glass with his girlfriend. So, carefully taking the champagne flute, Jake poured her a glass and passed it to Mari before pouring his own.

"Happy twenty first birthday, Marilyn!" Jake told the witch, leaning his glass towards the witch. "And all the birthdays to come." He added, less hesitant that any statement he'd made the whole day, because they seemed to be accepted quite graciously by the witch.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Surprise (Jari)   The Surprise (Jari) EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 3:56 pm

"Shh." Marilyn had been about to retort with an incredulous 'did you just shush me?' but gave in to the kiss, kissing him back, "I mean it." she murmured, letting him pull her to the blanket and looking up at the stars as he poured the drinks, taking it with a small thank you, moving to sit between his legs, cuddled up as he held up his flute with one hand.

Clinking their glasses softly she nodded, "To many more." Taking a sip she smiled, letting the champagne bubble on her tongue before turning to kiss him on the lips once more. The couple then leaned into each other, talking, gazing at the stars and feeding each other intermittently. As the time went on the lanterns dimmed more and Marilyn began to get into her element, her explanations becoming longer (“Most stars we see are actually black holes by now or a star and black hole orbiting one another because their mass and internal gravitational pull force them to spin around each other”) and more complicated, but her expression became happier with every sentence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Surprise (Jari)   The Surprise (Jari) EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 4:26 pm

Jake merely brushed away the idea of her meaning the words about him being the best. He most certainly didn't agree with that idea, but he knew that he shouldn't argue, he'd never win. If Marilyn wanted to believe that, well, he would let her, of course. As they sat down on the blankets that had been laid out previously, Jake settled his free arm around the witch, pressing a soft kiss against the back of her head.

With the toast done and a small shared kiss, Jake settled taking a deep swig from his glass and savouring the taste. Food was simple at best, but it was fun as the couple fed one another, relaxing back in to the pillows as the lanterns began to dim. Marilyn's attention turned to the stars, a smile growing on her lips as she pointed out stars to him, and began to explain how stars worked.

Honestly, Jake doubted he would remember this the next morning, but hearing Mari talking with such enthusiasm, knowing so much about the subject was something that made him strangely proud of the witch. The wizard believed he couldn't be luckier in that moment as he watched her explaining, noting the happiness in the witch's eyes. "Which star is your favourite?" Jake asked softly, there were so many he didn't know if the witch would be able to choose, but it was something he wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Surprise (Jari)   The Surprise (Jari) EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 4:42 pm

"Which star is your favourite?"
"My favourite?" Marilyn looked at him and then up again, eyes searching, "Well I don't have a favourite star per say, but I do have a favorite constellation, wait..." she searched for a moment, but soon found the 'M' shaped constellation in the night sky, leaning closer into Jake to point it out, "There. Cassiopeia. She's a circumpolar constellation for the northern hemisphere, which means we can see her all year long. Greek mythology was a really big part of my pre-Salem education," she explained.

"The constellation is named after a queen from ancient Greece, she bragged about how beautiful she was and that she was more beautiful than the daughters of Poseidon and that didn't sit well with him so he sent a monster to their kingdom and just before they were going to sacrifice Andromeda, whom you can see in autumn, Perseus, he's up there" she pointed him out, "Winter constellation, anyhow he saved her and they all became constellations in the sky."

Feeling her cheeks grow warmer she looked away from him and bit her lip, "But it's my favorite because when I was little I thought it was just an 'M' for Marilyn, because that's what Felipé told me."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Surprise (Jari)   The Surprise (Jari) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 4:55 am

"Well I don't have a favourite star per say, but I do have a favorite constellation, wait..."

Jake listened to the witch, though honestly he didn't know the difference between stars and constellations. But as the witch pointed out one that looked like an M, Jake figured it must have been more than one star made up a constellation. As the witch continued with a slightly longer explanation of the name and the fact that it was visible all year round, Jake's eyes moved from the sky to the witch, simply watching her explain the story behind the constellation.

The story made Jake smile slightly looking up at the second constellation briefly before simply listening to Mari talk about the stars above.

"But it's my favorite because when I was little I thought it was just an 'M' for Marilyn, because that's what Felipé told me."

"It is yours." Jake whispered softly, pressing a soft kiss against her blushing cheeks. "The explanation deserves a constellation just for you." He added, resting his head back on a pillow and looking up at the sky briefly. "Are they all related to Greek mythology? " Jake asked, looking back to his girlfriend. He just wanted her to keep talking, it was cute when she got in to talking about the things she liked most.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Surprise (Jari)   The Surprise (Jari) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 5:35 am

"It is yours."
Marilyn's face grew warmer at the kiss and smiled, but didn't say anything; nothing needed to be said. The witch settled closer into him, still looking at the stars. Something she'd always admired about the stars was their distance, of course from a physicists perspective the distance was greatly appriciated because it was necessary to, well, live. But she had found comfort in their distance and beauty. There were so many billions of stars in this universe, and others, it was reassuring. That whatever happened in earth they were still there, utterly oblivious to mundane goings on, it put them in perspective.

"Latin and ancient greek, yes, for us anyway. The western culture uses the ancient greek and latin sky charts and names in addition to the modern discoveries, but there are eastern equivalents, there are come differences. Like in Egypt instead of the zodiac sign Cancer, or Crab, they have a Scarab beetle. Pretty much every culture in the world has watched the skies and charted them in some way. The classical is simply the one most commonly used." Marilyn looked back at him and kissed his cheek, snuggling closer to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Surprise (Jari)   The Surprise (Jari) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 7:05 am

The explanation that came was one that Jake could appreciate and understand quite well. Despite growing up in a lack of diversity and opinions being set as quite "white" Jake was open to the things he was learning about outside of childhood. Of course, he was not perfect but he tried so very hard to accommodate everyone around him.

This was simply an opportunity to learn, even if he was more interested in the way Mari concentrated when she spoke, recalling information that lit up her eyes and eventually made her smile. The process was one Jake had already decided wouldn't get old as she kissed his cheek. "My girlfriend is both beautiful and vastly intelligent." Jake commented, he'd never believed otherwise, but now he'd seen it in so many aspects of their life together.

"But I think I found my favourite star..." Jake told the witch, playfully pointing to the sky before bringing his finger to the tip of Mari's nose. "My star lies much closer to home though." He concluded, pressing his lips to hers despite the smile that graced his lips. "My star is the most beautiful in the world." Jake whispered, holding Mari close and closing his eyes.

This, even to Jake, had possibly been the best day he could of imagined. Perhaps, he would say the best they'd shared together, and he could quite happily stay in this moment for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Surprise (Jari)   The Surprise (Jari) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 7:36 am

His compliments were met with a small, pleased smile and when he pointed up to show his favorite star she looked up to find it but soon her gaze was pulled back to him as her expression turned surprised and confused at the finger that was at the tip of her nose with a soft "Oh," of realisation when the notion clicked and she smiled into the affectionate kiss.

"My star is the most beautiful in the world." Marilyn bit her lip to keep the beaming smile on her face under some form of control, snuggling to lay intwined together. This was, without a doubt, the best birthday she'd ever had and the complete joy that the witch felt was flooding her senses as she was lulled into a dozing rest.

A few hours later she awoke and gently kissed her slumbering boyfriend awake enough for her to take them home after magically packing everything into a picnic basket. Sleepily they managed to navigate themselves into bed and soon the couple was cuddled up together, spooning.

And Marilyn was utterly and blissfully unaware that in just four days, there would be a candle lit for her in a little house in San Miguel, Mexico.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Surprise (Jari)   The Surprise (Jari) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Surprise (Jari)
Page 1 of 1