Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fixing Me (Jake)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

Fixing Me (Jake)  Empty
PostSubject: Fixing Me (Jake)    Fixing Me (Jake)  EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 5:09 am

Tess stood in front of the office, shuffling her feet and wondering if she could just turn back before he even noticed she was there. It had been a week since the first DADA lesson that had shaken her more than she had expected it to be. Ever since she had her mind probed, she realized that she not only had many issues that she had to deal with, but worst of all she realized she was absolutely vulnerable to being manipulated.

It was frightening to realize this because no matter how she could defend herself with her wand, if he mind was attacked, she had a few defenses. She wanted to grow her skills, and her mind went to Jake. But she honestly felt a bit ashamed at her last attempt. She showed him that not only she had no control over it, but she had demons hiding.

Now she stood in front of the door, weight her options. It was her last year, and she had no defenses in her mind, and no control over how vulnerable it was. Before running off, she knocked on the door hoping he was there.

Back to top Go down

Fixing Me (Jake)  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixing Me (Jake)    Fixing Me (Jake)  EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:51 pm

Monday lunchtimes were a time where Jake relaxed. Mostly marking papers that he'd asked for in regards to homework, and on the occasions that he didn't have homework to mark, he answered the pieces of fan mail that he still received for reasons he couldn't comprehend. Jake wouldn't complain though, some of the people who wrote to him (mainly teenagers looking for advice in the letters his agent forwarded).

He'd been in the middle of trying to explain the best route in to the higher leagues when a knock came at the door. Jake didn't look up as he flicked his wand towards the door, exchanging it for his pen a moment later and finishing his sentence before he could forget it. "Please come in." He called towards the door, not yet looking up.

When the professor did eventually look up, a smile blossomed on his features. "Good afternoon, Tess. Is everything okay?" Jake asked softly, he hadn't been expecting the witch, but it was a pleasant surprise to say the least. Not many students came to him for help, but his door was always open for those who needed someone to listen, or help.

Jake's thinking face:
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

Fixing Me (Jake)  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixing Me (Jake)    Fixing Me (Jake)  EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 4:22 pm

When the door opened, Tess was tentative to enter, was she bothering him? Based on that smile though, he thought nothing of it. It did remove some tension from her shoulders, but the anxiety was very much present in her body. Walking in, she closed the door behind her, making sure that no one could overhear what she was going to ask him to do.

"Good afternoon, Tess. Is everything okay?"

Tess nodded, an automatic reaction to whenever it was asked. But it was far from the truth. She walked towards his desk and sat down on the leather chair, placing her hands on her lap, as if she was a child who'd gotten in trouble. Lowering her gaze, she let her hair cover her face as she tried to figure out how she was going to get out what she needed.

"Professor, I...I was wondering if I could get your help" she said in a mere whisper, "You see, from the last lesson, I realized I-I'm really weak in that aspect. I..I might seek a career after I graduate" if I don't get married before that' she added in her mind, "and I know I won't be ready unless I practice now. So I was wondering, if it's not too much trouble, can you please tutor me?"
Back to top Go down

Fixing Me (Jake)  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixing Me (Jake)    Fixing Me (Jake)  EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 2:02 pm

With Tess crossing the room, Jake tidied away the things he'd been working on to the side of his desk. He didn't hide it though, there wasn't anything to hide, but Jake never brought attention to himself, in any way.

"Professor, I...I was wondering if I could get your help"

"My help?" Jake asked inquisitively, his head tilting slightly as a small touch of confusion touched his brow. Well, this was new, but he would definitely do his best to help if it was in his power and within school rules. The witch continued on to her request and Jake listened to each word, nodding in the right places to show he was following what she was saying. There was a short pause before Jake spoke, giving Tess time to settle now that it was in the open, but also for him to collect his thoughts enough to say something that would be helpful.

"I appreciate what you're saying, Tess, but before I go further, I would like you to know that this branch of magic is... incredibly complex. I know that it's hard when you take that step up and find you can't do things so easily, but I'm proud of you for coming here today." He told the witch before addressing the question properly. "I'm here because I want to help my students, so I will do whatever it takes to help you find success. I'm here all day Monday, so you tell me when is convenient to you and we'll work on that branch of magic, and anything else you want to practice." Jake told the witch with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

Fixing Me (Jake)  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixing Me (Jake)    Fixing Me (Jake)  EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 4:14 pm

As Jake reacted to her words, she couldn't help but realize that he was so gentle with her. He was friendly with her, his tone nothing but calming and she had to admit, she never appreciated more than she did now. At his words her hands had stopped fidgeting; she knew everything was going to be okay. The silence that laid after he had taken it in had been a little frightening, but she knew that it was only for both of them to cope.

"I appreciate what you're saying, Tess, but before I go further, I would like you to know that this branch of magic is... incredibly complex. I know that it's hard when you take that step up and find you can't do things so easily, but I'm proud of you for coming here today."

Tess nodded knowing the complexity of Occlumency. It was difficult, especially since she had failed spectacularly their first lesson. But she didn't do failure, she usually just had things go in her favor. But she wanted to excel, do exceed expectations and not be passable. She blushed at him saying he was proud of her; she appreciated it, after all he had been the first person she looked up to that was not her brother, for his versatility in career choices.

Thankfully he agreed, telling her about Mondays being free for him; she would put her own elemental training on hold, because this mattered more to her. Her eyes brightened and a smile blossomed on her face, a smile she hadn't shown in a long time.

"Thank you Professor!" she said in a mixture of surprise and delight, "I promise I won't disappoint, and I'll be here on Monday early if you'd like. I don't want to affect your schedule too much."

Getting up, she stopped the urge from doing something stupid like jumping up and down. Instead she thanked him softly once more and walked towards the door. Her hand shaking softly.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fixing Me (Jake)  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixing Me (Jake)    Fixing Me (Jake)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Fixing Me (Jake)
Page 1 of 1