Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mending what's broken (Rhian)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

Mending what's broken (Rhian)  Empty
PostSubject: Mending what's broken (Rhian)    Mending what's broken (Rhian)  EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 11:48 pm

"We need to patrol and make sure that students follow protocol, especially curfew. We want to avoid any accidents of any kind and try to avoid having your house lose points. So please be mindful, and try to give a warning. Remember, points are removed only if necessary. Any questions?"

Tess had run the prefect meeting as usual. She wanted to show that she could lead and was good at it too. This was her second year being Head Girl, something that rarely occurs, but she took pride in it. Starting a new year, meant that there would be new prefects and new rules that would be implemented, especially after Salem. Any incidents that could be avoided, the better year it would be.

In her opinion one of the hardest tasks she did, was pretend to be very sweet and open to conversation. A small smile on her face during the meeting always tended to make her cheeks hurt afterwards. She wanted to be a welcoming face, and despite it going against her nature, she attempted to lead with a firm hand, but not intimidate them.

"No? Okay then, meeting dismissed. And welcome to the new prefects. Let's give them a hand"

Soon the room was filled with clapping and once she stopped clapping it soon died out. Many began to grab their things and shuffle out of the room. Tess always tended to stay behind and get her own responsibilities in order before running off. Thankfully this sunday brought the freedom before class would begin, giving her a day to get in the mode.
Back to top Go down
Rhian Holmes
Unsorted
Rhian Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Mending what's broken (Rhian)    Mending what's broken (Rhian)  EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:53 am

Rhian's quill scratched along her pad of parchment, scribbling notes throughout the meeting. It was her first year in the position, and her last. But she was determined to do well. While she enjoyed the fact that Myce worked in the castle and she could see him sometimes, it was a bit difficult, having that hanging over her head. Most of the pressure was probably in her mind, but she couldn't help wanting to do well in his eyes. He was the first adult to really care about her as a person.

Which made it harder to sit through this meeting. Hyper aware of herself, Rhian couldn't help the awkward feeling in the pit of her stomach as Tess lead the meeting. Guilt washed over her as she tried to sneak glances at the other girl, checking for signs of healing. It was the first time she'd seen her since the battle.

Honestly, she was surprised she'd held out long enough for Tess to heal and go home. It seemed like every other day she had to fight with herself not to simply show up at the hospital on her own. Conner had been wonderful, supportive in her wants, yet assuring her that if she was wanted there, she would be told. That hurt...a lot...the idea that she wasn't wanted. But he was right.

Now, though, Tess was better. She showed no outward signs of lasting affects, and Myce had assured her that she would be back to full health in no time. Still...she wanted to be sure.

Her Gryffindor courage was failing as the meeting ended and everyone filed out. Her leg bounced at a fast pace as she waited in her chair, smiling half smiles to the other prefects as they left. Finally, it was just the pair of them.

Standing, she moved quietly towards the center of the room, as Tess was still gathering her things.

"Um...hi," This is stupid. You're being stupid. "I just...wanted to see how you're doing." One hand came up to tuck her hair behind her ear, a nervous habit. It had been a long time since they were alone like this. Too long.
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Mending what's broken (Rhian)    Mending what's broken (Rhian)  EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:00 am

The room was soon quiet, which allowed Tess to relax. Her shoulders sagged and she breathed a sigh of relief that this time around it seemed things were going to be okay. Josh while quiet, would do the job and remove some stress from her, which she did appreciate. Picking up her books, she closed her eyes tightly as she bent down too fast. She had to pace herself, everything was in order, just soreness. Thinking she was alone, she breathed out hoping to just go to the Head Dorms and relax.

"Um...hi," This is stupid. You're being stupid. "I just...wanted to see how you're doing."

She froze at hearing Rhian's voice. The girl had been in the meeting, obviously, but she'd forced herself to avoid making eye contact for the awkwardness of it all. She hadn't spoken to her in nearly three years, and to have her talk to her now made her uncomfortable. Where was she when she was in the hospital? Did she even care? Was she asking to just be polite?

"If you're doing it to be polite you don't have to...I'm okay. I've been okay for a while" she muttered.

She didn't want to look at her, it seemed too real for her to be talking to her. If Tess ever wanted Rhian around her, it had been when she had been laying in bed and people visited her. Not now.
Back to top Go down
Rhian Holmes
Unsorted
Rhian Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Mending what's broken (Rhian)    Mending what's broken (Rhian)  EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 3:05 am

If Rhian thought Tess's physical tenseness hurt, she was in no way prepared for her words. They stung like frozen limbs in a hot shower. You know you'll feel better...if you can only get through the initial pain of it all. Still, it didn't keep it from hurting any less. As the other girl kept her back to her, Rhian couldn't help her hands balling into fists as she fought the urge to just run away.

The Gryffindor knew how the other girl could be, how she put up walls to protect herself. They both did. And a large part of her was hoping that's all this was. An attempt to keep things at bay that she didn't want to show, or deal with. She couldn't consider that she was actually hated this much. Not after everything.

"Tess, I...I'm not just being polite. It...I know this probably isn't a good time and all, but..."

Blast! She hadn't felt this idiotic in a while. They were almost adults, for Merlin's sake! Couldn't they handle this like adults? Taking a deep breath, she pressed on.

"I wanted to come, I did. But I...I didn't think I was welcome." That was the truth, the heart of it all. Yes, she could have barged in there and refused to leave, the dark shadow in the corner that no one acknowledged. But that wasn't the way of it. She wouldn't burden Tess or anyone else in that kind of situation.

She wasn't sure if anything would change now. She just knew she had to try.
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Mending what's broken (Rhian)    Mending what's broken (Rhian)  EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 3:13 am

Had she been okay? If Tess was brutally honest with herself, she hadn't been okay in a long while. It was funny how despite having everything she wanted, at least material-wise, in no way healed the emotional wounds that lay on her body. Control on the outside, was used to hide the stinging, that unhealed wounds tended to cause. Sighing, she gripped her book tightly and began to debate her options.

Her first thought immediately went to lashing out. Rhian could not put herself as the victim when she wasn't the one that got attacked, that woke up to find people she had barely meet visiting her hospital bed and not the girl that called herself family. She was the one that laid in bed wondering if even death would had brought the other girl there, if she even cared or noticed. Yet despite all of this, she felt the guilt, as if she imposed the right for Rhian to be a victim rightfully so.

'What makes you think you're welcomed now?' her mind produced the snide remark.

Was Rhian welcomed? She didn't know. She had spent three years trying to find herself, suffering alone, with no confidant, when at every turn there was Rhian smiling with her boyfriend, having that connection with her real family. Tess was possessive of what was hers, and at one point she hadn't mind sharing Mycroft, then again, this was before she was easily put aside for the more compliant child. She was being petty.

Taking a deep breath she tried to calm herself down. Not ready yet to see the girl, she instead looked at her books, trying to be honest, but not cutting the girl deep. She had considered her the only friend in the world long ago.

"Well you were welcomed" she whispered softly. "Family were the only people allowed in"
Back to top Go down
Rhian Holmes
Unsorted
Rhian Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Mending what's broken (Rhian)    Mending what's broken (Rhian)  EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 2:12 am

It felt like there was a war raging inside of Rhian. She wanted for this to be over, for it to never have happened. She wanted Tess to turn around, and say that everything was okay. But right now, starring at her turned back, the Gryffindor wanted nothing more than to run. Memories flashed through her mind of the last time they really talked. The last time they were in the Holmes manor together.

They day I lost my best friend, she thought.

At that reminder, a single tear slipped out, as if her sadness had forced itself to the surface, unbidden. She barely even felt it, until it fell from her chin.

"I'm sorry, Tess." The words were quiet, but they carried in the silent room. She balled her fists to steel her resolve. Her teeth clenched, she continued.

"I'm sorry I wasn't a good friend. That I haven't been there for you. That I," her breath was harder to catch now, "that I wasn't there when..."

Pursing her lips, her eyes closed tight, trying to reign it all in. One deep breath, in through the nose, out through the mouth, trying to calm down.

"We can't go back. But...can we go forward?"
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Mending what's broken (Rhian)    Mending what's broken (Rhian)  EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 2:42 am

Tess was embarrassed at the moment; she hated to admit it. She missed Rhian, she was the only person in the world that knew exactly who her heart had once belonged to, her weaknesses, insecurities, and her biggest support about things that Mycroft couldn't help. But when she'd said so many vicious words she'd lost the two people in the world that she held dear. The brother that raised her, and the girl that let her know it was okay to let people in that weren't blood.

"I'm sorry, Tess."

At Rhian's words there was a tightness in the throat, and her vision began to get blurry from tears. In all her time apart from she friend she wanted to hear those words and then laugh and tell her that she was right, and that she should have known. But that wasn't exactly what was coming to her. She didn't want to laugh, she wanted to cry, and just tell her to stop.

"I'm sorry I wasn't a good friend. That I haven't been there for you. That I," her breath was harder to catch now, "that I wasn't there when..."

Rhian had missed the moments, so many that weren't necessarily her at the hospital. But her getting her heart broken, then mended, then broken once more. From her feeling so small to her ignoring her heart. Back and forth, fire and ice, wavering between what brought her the most comfort.

We can't go back. But...can we go forward?"

Turning over she immediately threw her arms around her. She squeezed her tightly and the only words she could say were:

"Shut up, shut your damn mouth" she whispered.

She wanted to say she was sorry too. But the words didn't come out instead she hugged her close, hoping that would be enough.
Back to top Go down
Rhian Holmes
Unsorted
Rhian Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Mending what's broken (Rhian)    Mending what's broken (Rhian)  EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 9:30 pm

No sooner had the words left her mouth, than Rhian felt the wind knocked out of her. It took her a few seconds to really grasp what was happening, before her arms wound around the other girl. It felt like forever since she'd hugged someone other than Conner. But, deep down, she had to hope that they weren't so different from that day they'd met by the lake, so long ago. Two outcasts, needing someone.

Hearing Tess's words, Rhian let out a laugh, her voice wet from the tears. She really didn't have anything to say, in response to the words left unsaid. Instead, she simply nodded. There was so much to say, so much to talk about. But not now.

Honestly, the Gryffindor had no idea where they would go from here. She'd never had a best friend before Tess, and not after. But what mattered is that they tried. Tried to find where they were before, and stick together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mending what's broken (Rhian)    Mending what's broken (Rhian)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Mending what's broken (Rhian)
Page 1 of 1