Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hopelessly lost (Allegra)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Beatrice Lamarche
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Beatrice Lamarche

Hopelessly lost (Allegra) Empty
PostSubject: Hopelessly lost (Allegra)   Hopelessly lost (Allegra) EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 9:57 am

The castle was huge. Enormous. With complicated, labyrinth-like corridors and staircases that moved and some stairs swallowed your leg, there were walls that weren't really walls, doors that were actually walls, doors that just lead to a different corridor, there were corridors with absolutely no doors anywhere and behind some doors, there were explosions, followed by coloured smoke coming out of the room. It was all driving Bea crazy because all she wanted to do was find the Library.

She could remember a bit of the way from the tour during the summer, but they walked from the Great Hall that time. Of course, the sensible thing would be to go to the Great Hall and then try to find her way to the Library, right? Well, she got lost on the way to the Great Hall from her Common Room. While she was walking down a staircase, it suddenly moved and then she had no idea where she was.

It was incredibly frustrating and the witch was muttering curses as she walked down the corridors, trying to figure out where she was - and on what floor, for that matter. She reached a double door and shrugging, she opened it. The first thing she noticed was gold. Lots of gold. For a second, Bea got really excited, thinking she discovered Hogwarts' secret treasury, but then she realized it wasn't actual gold. There were trophies all around the room, secured in glass cases. Not gonna lie, Bea was a bit disappointed.

She walked up to one of the cases and studied the trophies in it. Quidditch team, Providing Great Services to the School, Head Girl, Head Boy, another Quidditch team, Chess club... She walked around the room, reading the names and thinking whether her name would ever be here. She could join a Chess club. Or start a Literary Club, she was sure there wasn't one yet.

Being in there calmed her down a bit, though she wasn't sure why. There was something about achievement of others that was really nice and even though those people might not be alive anymore, they were still alive here, their names and their achievements remained behind for her to see.
Back to top Go down
Allegra Montez
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Allegra Montez

PostSubject: Re: Hopelessly lost (Allegra)   Hopelessly lost (Allegra) EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:18 am

Allegra felt her best barefoot and surrounded by nature.
But here she'd soon learned that it was too cold and she was surrounded by stone. To say her orientation was off would be putting it very nicely. The hufflepuff had been trying to get outside, but she'd gotten stuck in the fake stair and then the stairs had shifted and then Peeves-

Peeves. Does more need to be said?
Dripping wet the girl had run to the nearest door and praying it was real she'd wrenched it open and hid inside. Turned out to be another corridor. Allegra pushed her sopping blonde hair out of her eyes and decided that, once dry, she'd go looking for Peeves to talk to him. Yes, that would surely help.

But until then she would really like to find at least another person, because to be honest, it was a little frightening to be lost in such big castle all alone.

That in mind she opened another door and saw a girl around her age.
Letting out a deep sigh of relief she grinned, "Madre de Dios, I thought I'd never find someone, how large is this castle really? It seems like I've passed through a thousand rooms trying to get out." her accent tinted every word as did her genuine joy at find someone.

"I'm Allegra, and I am very happy to see you."
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Lamarche
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Beatrice Lamarche

PostSubject: Re: Hopelessly lost (Allegra)   Hopelessly lost (Allegra) EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:47 am

Bea was lost in her thoughts, thinking about all the people that have lived, that were overjoyed to have won a Quidditch match, to have been made a Head Boy or Girl or to have founded Hogwarts' first chess club... All those people once stood where she stood now, walked the halls, ate at her table, maybe they fell asleep in the class, maybe they were thirsty for knowledge, maybe the castle was their home and maybe they couldn't wait to get out of here. There were so many stories behind those trophies and even though she knew it was impossible, Bea wanted to know them. She wanted to know about the people whose names were written there, she wanted to know what services they've done to the school in order to get a trophy, she wanted to know it all.

So, when someone started talking very fast in a Spanish (was it Spanish?) accent, Bea started and then turned around to see who it was. Someone very pretty was standing there, soaked. Well, this certainly was a weird day.

"I'm Allegra, and I am very happy to see you."

"I'm Beatrice, very happy to see you too. Er, do you know where we are?" she asked, her French accent very obvious, but she noticed people found it alluring and, well, she was going to use that. "Honestly, we should get maps or something."
Back to top Go down
Allegra Montez
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Allegra Montez

PostSubject: Re: Hopelessly lost (Allegra)   Hopelessly lost (Allegra) EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 12:32 pm

"I'm Beatrice, very happy to see you too. Er, do you know where we are?"

Allegra shrugged and shook her head, starting to shiver slightly. Having lived in one of the dryest countries in the world her entire life, the girl knew no drying or warmth spells and usually just relied on towels. Not to mention that she was the only one with magic at home so they didn't use it daily, obviously.

"I wish they had given us maps. Magical ones, that move with the staircases and tell you what doors are really doors. Sometimes I think the school is testing me. Where are you from?" She asked curiously, the accent tipping her off, "I'm from Mexico. My school there was two floors and all the doors were real. Quite the difference to here..." she gestured to the room they were in.

"I wonder if these are on display or if perhaps we stumbled into a storageroom..." Allegra mused aloud, "Where were you trying to go?" the Hufflepuff asked.

Allegra wished that Lupa was there; her dog had been asleep on her bed when she'd left. But perhaps she'd come looking, Lupa could usually sense when Allegra needed her. Perk of being a familiar.
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Lamarche
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Beatrice Lamarche

PostSubject: Re: Hopelessly lost (Allegra)   Hopelessly lost (Allegra) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:28 am

Bea smiled sympathetically when she saw the girl shivering and pulled her wand out of her bag. "I could try a drying charm on you, if you'd like. I'm not the best at them, but they work... sort of." she said, shrugging slightly. She had tried the drying and warming charm once, when she and Felicia, her best friend from France fell in the lake at Beauxbatons. The charms themselves were weak, but at least their clothes weren't soaking wet.

"I wish they had given us maps. Magical ones, that move with the staircases and tell you what doors are really doors. Sometimes I think the school is testing me. Where are you from?"

"That would be very useful." Bea agreed, nodding. "Or at least we could get the schedule of when the stairs move, if there is a schedule. This castle is terribly inconvenient." she sighed. She missed her old school, it wasn't nearly as complicated, though it had its secrets. "France. Oooh, Mexico! My family went on holiday there once, it was very nice." The witched chuckled at the comment on the girl's old school. But she was glad Allegra was new here as well, at least she wasn't the only new girl.

"I wonder if these are on display or if perhaps we stumbled into a storageroom..."

Beatrice thought about it, looking around again. "It'd be very sad if it was just a storage room... No, I like to think they're on display." she said, nodding determinedly. "Library." she answered and chuckled. "It's probably in another dimension or something."
Back to top Go down
Allegra Montez
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Allegra Montez

PostSubject: Re: Hopelessly lost (Allegra)   Hopelessly lost (Allegra) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 12:44 pm

"That would be really great," Allegra smiled, still rubbing her arms with her hands to keep a little warm, "I don't know any, not much use for them in San Miguel. It's always dry there."

"I almost think there is no schedule and they move...as they feel? This place is so confusing. I was trying to get outside, but I suppose that's not going to happen now, I'll be happy just to find my common room. Though I've been meaning to find the library." The girl decided that if they could get out she'd head to the library with the girl, it was safer than wandering around on her own again. And the girl seemed nice.

Upon finding out she was french Allegra nodded, "Wow, this is my first time out of Mexico. My parents have lived in San Miguel their whole lives, as have I. What's it like in France where you lived?" Her natural curiosity taking over, distracting her temporarily from their situation.

Laughing warmly at the 'other dimension' comment Allegra nodded in agreement, "Perhaps we can use the point me charm, I've never used it for indoors before, but maybe it'll help." The girl held her wand flat in her palm and murmured 'Point me' thinking hard on The Library.

It spun in her hands for a few moments and Allegra thought perhaps she wasn't specific enough but the it stopped, pointing at...a statue?

Raising an eyebrow at her new friend she bit her lip, "Por que-? Why the statue...?"

Back to top Go down
Beatrice Lamarche
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Beatrice Lamarche

PostSubject: Re: Hopelessly lost (Allegra)   Hopelessly lost (Allegra) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 1:09 pm

The French witch nodded, cleared her throat, remembered the incantation and waved her wand in what she hoped was the right movement. "Exaresco." The clothes on the girl seemed a little drier and Bea looked at her, her eyebrows raised. "Did it do anything? I think I remember a warming charm if that would be better maybe... Honestly, I don't know why I'm in Ravenclaw, people there are supposed to know everything." she shook her head.

"So confusing." Bea agreed with a nod. "I have absolutely no idea how to get out, I'm sorry. What House are you in?" She hasn't really gotten the hang of things here and, to be honest, hasn't gotten around to memorizing what colours the Houses used. Hers was blue and that was the extent of her knowledge about that. "I've heard the library is enormous and I really want to see if they have fiction as well. I really don't think I'll survive without Lord of the Rings or Discworld novels."

"Wow, this is my first time out of Mexico. My parents have lived in San Miguel their whole lives, as have I. What's it like in France where you lived?"

"Oh, it must be so cold here for you! Did you like it there?" she asked, smiling. She loved Mexico when they were there, but her Maman found it preposterous for some bizarre reason. "We lived in Paris and it was absolutely gorgeous. I miss it so much. Beauxbatons was sort of like here, only... only more beautiful." she admitted with a small smile.

"There were mountains all around and a lovely lake, the water was so clear you could see down to the bottom of the lake and some of the Mer-People that lived there were quite friendly. The nature was breath-taking, really and I could see the sunset from my window, it was... Sorry, I'm going on and on." she realized with a blush and an embarrassed smile.

Beatrice nodded enthusiastically at the idea and watched as Allegra's wand spun around. "Huh..." she said as the wand stopped and pointed at a particularly ugly statue. "Maybe... Maybe there's a secret passage?" she asked, shrugging. Honestly, at this point, she wouldn't even be surprised.
Back to top Go down
Allegra Montez
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Allegra Montez

PostSubject: Re: Hopelessly lost (Allegra)   Hopelessly lost (Allegra) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 1:27 pm

Thankfully she was drier and thus slightly warmer within seconds and she grinned as she exhaled deeply, "Thanks, that's great. Are they?" She asked, "I'm in hufflepuff I have no idea what that means. I asked someone, they laughed and said 'You're particularily good finders' but that is obviously not the case." She said with a concerned frown, "But our common room is full of dancing plants which is perfect, because my plants that I brought with me feel much better with the company. So does Lupa, my dog."

Listening to Bea gush about Paris brought a mirroring smile to the Mexican girls face, "No, don't apologize, it sounds amazing. I miss San Miguel, flooing to the beaches on the coast a few times a year, gardening with my Papi and Mama. I lived at home, it was just a day school. This place is like...another world."

"Well...here it goes..." she walked up to the statue and cleared her throat, unsure of what to do.
"Excuse me? Can you let us pass? We want to see the library." The girl requested politely.
No response. "Oh what was that unlocking spell...oh, wait, alohamora!" she cast at the stone figure. Nothing. But there had to be some way to get in.

"Do you have an idea?" she asked looking back at Bea.
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Lamarche
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Beatrice Lamarche

PostSubject: Re: Hopelessly lost (Allegra)   Hopelessly lost (Allegra) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 2:04 pm

"Yeah, Ravenclaws are supposed to be really clever and get good grades, which is all okay with me, but I'm not really the studious type." she shrugged and then listened to Allegra talk about Hufflepuff Common Room and smiled. It sounded nice. "Maybe it's an inside joke, the finders thing, and you'll find out one day." she smiled encouragingly. "Your Common Room sounds amazing. Dancing plants!" she chuckled. "You've got a dog, that's awesome! My Papa is allergic to dogs and my little brother is allergic to cats, so..."

"Oh, you didn't go to a boarding school? How exciting. I remember I didn't want to leave home when I was 11, but Maman and Papa insisted I get a good education and well, Maman went to Beauxbatons so she knew it was the best for me." she explained with a small smile. Her parents were very strict and she soon found living at a school for the better part of the year was actually more freeing and learned to love it. She hoped Thomas was doing okay at home.

"Excuse me? Can you let us pass? We want to see the library."

As nothing happened, Bea frowned at the statue, now blaming it that they were both lost. She frowned deeper when not even alohomora didn't do anything. She looked the statue over, looking for anything unusual about it. Well, she found about ten of those. The witch reluctantly touched first the weird shape of the statue's nose and pushed it.

Nothing.

Next she gripped the stone hand that was extended as if for a handshake. She yelled out, startled when the stone gripped her back. "Whaa... Er, we want to go to the library?" she said, as politely as she could. Bea could feel her heart beating fast as she hoped she wouldn't die like this. After what felt like ages, but was really only a few seconds, the statue released her hand and moved away.

Behind it, there was a small alcove that seemed to lead somewhere and Bea turned to Allegra, excitement written all over her face.

"Shall we?"

"Maybe we need to push a certain part of it or there might be a password... It's a bit exciting, to be honest." she grinned and walked over to the girl and the statue.
Back to top Go down
Allegra Montez
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Allegra Montez

PostSubject: Re: Hopelessly lost (Allegra)   Hopelessly lost (Allegra) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 2:30 pm

"Yes, Lupa is a chihuahua, she's a darling." Then listening to the girl tell her about her parents wish for her to attend Beauxbatons with genuine fascination, sure she had a few friends that had magical parents, and her father had told her about the magical world, but they lived as muggles for the most part, apart from the plantlife in their garden that was partially magical.

"My mother is a muggle and my father is a squib, so they just told me that if I wanted to try Hogwarts to broaden my horizons they support me." She shrugged, never seeing it as a big deal that she wasn't raised in a magical way.

When Bea managed to open up the secret alcove Allegra grinned in anticipation. Okay, this, this was really exciting now. She nodded at the words and, wand out, entered the dark space, "Lumos" she whispered, light filling the area as she walked along it. After about two minutes she heard the slam of stone behind them. The statue had locked itself again.

"Well nowhere to go but forw-AHHHHHHH" she had been talking as she'd walked not seeing the slide-like dip ahead that she was now shooting down screaming.

Back to top Go down
Beatrice Lamarche
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Beatrice Lamarche

PostSubject: Re: Hopelessly lost (Allegra)   Hopelessly lost (Allegra) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 2:53 pm

"My mother is a muggle and my father is a squib, so they just told me that if I wanted to try Hogwarts to broaden my horizons they support me."

"They sound very nice." Bea said, smiling. "My Papa's a Muggle and Maman's a witch, but she works as a Muggle doctor. She doesn't really use much of magic around the house, she's a Muggleborn so she doesn't really know any household spells. They wanted me to have a magical education, as I'm a witch, but I have tutors over the summer for Muggle things as well." she explained a bit more about her family. She hated the tutors, but there was no way around it.

Lighting her own wand as well, she followed Allegra and wished she had a torch like Indiana Jones. The sudden slam of stone startled her and she giggled nervously. Then Allegra screamed and Bea stopped walking, trying to grasp the girl's robes as she fell.

It didn't work and the Ravenclaw was just standing there, looking down on the slide and then seeing her friend disappear. She gulped, shrugged and went down on the slide as well. There wasn't really another option. She saw the slide was in a spiral shape, which would explain why Bea couldn't see Allegra anymore. She could hear her screaming, though, along with her own.

The slide stopped suddenly and Bea not so much landed as she fell on the floor. She jumped up, grinning nonetheless. "Well this is fun. Although, I think the Library is up and not down..."
Back to top Go down
Allegra Montez
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Allegra Montez

PostSubject: Re: Hopelessly lost (Allegra)   Hopelessly lost (Allegra) EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 8:28 am

"They're the nicest people I know" Allegra grinned, "You should visit us sometime in the summer, we love company. " The girl offered sincerely, "It's hot out but our house is clay so it's quite cool inside."

They didn't have much time to talk more about anything really , as they were soon both sliding down fast. Allegra had her eyes closed tightly, a reflex reaction to the wind whipping past her.
She felt a bit like Alice falling down the rabbit hole except she was pretty sure she wouldn't see any jam or toast floating past her here.

These suspicions were confirmed as she landed unceremoniously in a small area, probably a closet, on top of a pile of toilet paper rolls. Quickly scooting to the side so Bea wouldn't land on her she blinked a few times to take it in, standing and laughing.

"Indeed. It looks like we're in-"

"MY BATHROOM CLOSET" Screeched a ghostly figure of a girl, popping up right in front of them.
Allegra's eyes widened and she moved closer to Bea subtly,
"I'm sorry, we didn't  know..."
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Lamarche
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Beatrice Lamarche

PostSubject: Re: Hopelessly lost (Allegra)   Hopelessly lost (Allegra) EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:29 pm

"Indeed. It looks like we're in-"

"MY BATHROOM CLOSET"

"Merde!" Beatrice yelled when a bespectacled ghost popped up seemingly out of nowhere. If she would have read Hogwarts, A History; like her Maman urged her to, she would have known it was Moaning Myrtle. As was the case, however, Beatrice ignored her Mother and reread the Lord of the Rings trilogy instead. It was much more interesting than reading about a school.

The Ravenclaw took a deep breath, trying to calm down and decide what to do. Maybe if she apologized, as well? She couldn't tell whether the girl liked Allegra's apology or not, but she was only glaring at them now, seething. Maybe the lack of screeching was a good thing. Or, she was just gathering enough breath to yell again. Beatrice decided she didn't want to wait to find out.

"We're very sorry. The castle tricked us, you see." she tried to reason with the ghost and subconsciously reached for Allegra's hand.

"TRICKED YOU. PLEASE. I THINK YOU'RE JUST HERE TO TEASE ME, TO TEASE POOR MYRTLE, LIKE EVERYONE HAS DONE BEFORE!" the ghost screeched again and Beatrice flinched at the loud volume in such a small space.

She shook her head frantically and raised one of her hands up to try to calm the girl down. "We don't want to tease you, oh my god! I'm Beatrice, it's very lovely to meet you!" Bea looked sideways to Allegra with her eyebrows raised, hoping being nice would work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hopelessly lost (Allegra)   Hopelessly lost (Allegra) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hopelessly lost (Allegra)
Page 1 of 1