Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

They call it magic (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Allegra Montez
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Allegra Montez

They call it magic (Open) Empty
PostSubject: They call it magic (Open)   They call it magic (Open) EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 3:25 pm

The weather was truly something Allegra needed to get used to. But despite it being an enormous difference to get used to, the huffepuff student was still overjoyed by the experience. Everything was new. Fresh winds that carried different smells; pine and dew, unfamiliar to her senses. The feeling of moss and grass beneath her feet instead of hot, hard sand and stone. With her classes done for the day (and her homework in her common room, waiting for her) Allegra had decided to go explore the grounds.

The flora-enthusiast took note of every plant she encountered, until she reached her destination; the lake.
It was still warm enough to take a dip and there was no time like the present. Stripping to the two-piece she had on under her uniform she set them on her bag on the shore and climbed up a rock she'd seen others diving from before and jumped in, wand in hand. Performing the bubble-head charm she'd been using for years in Mexico (though she had more often than not used it for the sandstorms than for the ocean) she looked around and took a slow breath, taking her time to get used to the sensation of being underwater.

The girl had heard that merpeople lived in the lake, deeper down, and the thought fascinated her. She wondered if they were like the merpeople that lived in the oceans of her country. She wondered what it would be like, to be a mermaid and live in the waters of the world.

Lost in thought she almost forgot that her hour of air was running up and bade farewell to the plants she'd been talking to as she quickly swam up, breaking the surface and the bubble around her face at the same time.

But as she blinked to refocus her eyes Allegra noticed a figure that hadn't been there before.
"Hola!" she called out, swimming a bit closer, still staying in the water until she got used to the cooler temperature.

Last edited by Allegra Montez on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: They call it magic (Open)   They call it magic (Open) EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 11:20 pm

Tess had never felt such tightness in her back until now; it was so painful to just sit down without any support. Her back ached, her head ached, her heart ached and to think it was only the first week of school. This had started to be the worst school year ever. At the moment she would take on all the bullying she got her first years, than deal with everything again.

'You're being dramatic' her own mind chastised.

Despite her tiredness, her body was absolutely right. She needed to take a break, to just...swim. For as long as she could remember, Tess always found refuge at the Black Lake. From avoiding bullies, to avoiding the drama with her former friends, she ran off. It seemed her feet had a mind of its own, as it had led her to the edge of the lake. Sitting on the rock, she removed her flats, and slipped her feet into the lake. She wished she had brought her bathing suit, but it was far too early to go skinny dipping, and she was far too lazy to head back to her dorm.

"Hola"

Tess' gaze shifted from her feet, to the girl that was in the lake. In some foolish way, she thought the lake was always empty.

"Hello" she said softly.
Back to top Go down
Allegra Montez
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Allegra Montez

PostSubject: Re: They call it magic (Open)   They call it magic (Open) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 6:36 am

Pushing her hair out of her face properly the hufflepuff smiled up at the girl, treading the water she was in as the girl greeted her softly. 'Another new friend perhaps?' Allegra wondered to herself, not coming too much closer; she didn't want to bother the girl, but close enough to speak properly.

Now about five feet away from the girl she introduced herself, "My name's Allegra, I'm new here, I don't think we've met before." The younger girl's tone was friendly and warm, just like everything else about Allegra.

Off in a little distance she heard a soft yapping followed by the smallest splash and she turned to see Lupa's little head bobbing towards her, "Oh, excuse me, I'll be right back..." Allegra dove down again to quickly scoop up her pup and protect her from the creatures of the lake that might find her dog a tasty snack. Soon she returned, Lupa hung onto her shoulder, "I'm sorry, I had to make sure nothing got to her, she's- well- not exactly fearsome." The girl chuckled softly.

Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: They call it magic (Open)   They call it magic (Open) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 4:48 pm

The first thing she noticed was that the girl looked like sunshine. It was ridiculous the way that she seemed so happy. Maybe it was the blond hair, or the shining smile, but it was so...bright on her. Tess wasn't necessarily known to have the brightest personality, but she wasn't the saddest little rain clown either.

"My name's Allegra, I'm new here, I don't think we've met before."

Still, Tess smiled politely at the girl's introduction. Hufflepuff, she definitely seemed like a hufflepuff.

"I'm Tess, and no we haven't met yet. I tend to know most faces in the castle"

The girl's attention immediately went to a dog, a dog in the castle? That was new. Dogs weren't known to be familiars because of their lack of connection to magic as cats. Still, the dog was adorable to look at. As she explained her rash actions, she waved them off.

"Don't worry, the lake is safe to swim in by the way, for everyone. The squid tends to calm the mermaids down. And they in turn calm the grindylows that are dormant here. They're not bothersome, trust me" she said kindly.
Back to top Go down
Allegra Montez
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Allegra Montez

PostSubject: Re: They call it magic (Open)   They call it magic (Open) EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 10:43 am

"I'm Tess, and no we haven't met yet. I tend to know most faces in the castle"

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you, Tess." Allegra smiled, taking the girl in. In contrast to herself Tess had a refined beauty about her, sophisticated even, as opposed to Allegra's wild and bubbling presence. Allegra thought she was gorgeous, like the statues in the city she had left. But she didn't want to be rude so she just played with Lupa as the little dog splashed around her safely.

"Don't worry, the lake is safe to swim in by the way, for everyone. The squid tends to calm the mermaids down."

"Oh that's good- wait did you just say squid?" The hufflepuffs eyes widened with curiosity, but she subconsciously pulled Lupa closer to her and the chihuahua licked her cheek before Allegra let her swim up to the place Tess was sitting. Lupa, with some struggle, climbed out of the water and shakily toddled to where the other girl was, looking up at her with friendly eyes.

"The mermaids back in Mexico are quite different from the ones here I've read. Most are quite gentle and helpful as long as you don't offend them." she remembered once with her parents at the beach she'd been approached by one of them in the water; a creature all wide, dark eyes with no whites and high cheekbones, golden scales all over and jet black hair much like her own had been at the time. Seven year old Allegra had been so captivated she'd forgotten that her bubble-head charm was going to run out of air, but the mermaid had grabbed her by the hand and quickly pulled her up to the surface.

Thus had begun Allegra's lifelong fascination with them.
"I didn't see any this past hour, but I probably didn't swim deep enough, what are they like really?"

Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: They call it magic (Open)   They call it magic (Open) EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 2:28 pm

Tess smiled softly at the girl and tilted her head at the girl's reaction. Maybe it wasn't smart of her to tell her about the squid, especially from the wide-eyed look. The squid always frightened people, but she'd known the squid from her first year, and had always loved swimming around with students. Especially in warmer climates. Smiling at the thought, she figured she could explain to her.

"The squid is the friendliest creature in the lake; he loves making the lake safe for students to swim in. If he trusts you enough to be a good swimmer, he likes wrapping his tentacle around you and throw you in the air" her whole expression was bright, a rare sight, "it's so great!"

"The mermaids back in Mexico are quite different from the ones here I've read. Most are quite gentle and helpful as long as you don't offend them."

"I didn't see any this past hour, but I probably didn't swim deep enough, what are they like really?"

"The mermaids?" she closed her eyes and remembered when she first met them.

At first she was scared, she'd heard that they were aggressive. But they had been kind to her and swam around with her without a need of a charm. She was a natural swimmer, and now realizing her elemental qualities, it helped with them.

"They aren't aggressive...at least not always. They're tentative with people, but they protect us from the grindylows, those tend to attack. They have them as pets, but personally from my experience, their best quality is their mermish, it's so beautiful"
Back to top Go down
Allegra Montez
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Allegra Montez

PostSubject: Re: They call it magic (Open)   They call it magic (Open) EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 8:27 am

The girl listened intently to the tale of the squid and resolved to do that at least once this summer, it would be so much fun to be tossed by the squid, judging by the girls expression, Allegra could hardly wait to tell her parents about it.

"They aren't aggressive...at least not always. They're tentative with people, but they protect us from the grindylows, those tend to attack. They have them as pets, but personally from my experience, their best quality is their mermish, it's so beautiful"

Allegra smiled, coming closer as she climbed out of the water and performed the drying charm she'd learned from Bea, her dark hair returning to it's curly state. As she summoned her clothes to pull back on she looked so much like her sister again it was enough to make one do a double take, not that she knew that, but those who knew Marilyn Caldwell would be somewhat taken aback at the resemblence.

Smiling she sat next to the girl, Lupa scuttling to her lap quickly. "What year are you in?"
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: They call it magic (Open)   They call it magic (Open) EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 1:54 am

Looking at the younger girl as she began to dry off, made Tess look away, after all she did enjoy to be proper and gave the girl some time to put herself together. No one liked to be seen in moments of imperfection, at least she didn't like to. Turning over to the girl once she was proper she noticed the girl had certain features, a bit elfish looking in the contours of her face, similar to someone she knew, but the image wouldn't come at the moment.

Smiling nonetheless at the girl's question she leaned back comfortably and figured she could tell her a bit more about herself rather than just the lake. Moving her hand to her cloak, she signaled the badge, letting the sun shine on it brightly.

"This is my last year, I'm the head girl of the school" she commented. "Slytherin...obviously"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They call it magic (Open)   They call it magic (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

They call it magic (Open)
Page 1 of 1