Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) Empty
PostSubject: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 2:59 pm

After a lengthy shower the couple had gotten dressed and decided to stroll around Diagon Alley together, hand in hand. At first it was pretty uneventful, a few paparazzi popping up for pictures that Marilyn wandlessly tripped up by softly cursing their shoelaces together. But other than that they had a nice time just walking and talking, kissing inbetween and laughing.

They'd been walking around for a while when they decided to browse Flourish and Blotts for a bit. There, Marilyn noticed a child struggling to get a book on a higher shelf and pulled out her wand to accio it down gently for the child.

The book zoomed into her hand so fast it nearly knocked her over. "Bloody hostile thing." she muttered under her breath as she smiled and handed the book to the child who stared at aweof the fact that the famous 'escape-artist' was helping it out, thanking her and running off to tell its parents as Marilyn straightened up with a slight wince. The book had sort of knocked the wind out of her for a second there.

Sticking the wand back in her pocket she saw Jake's quizzical glance.
"Why are you looking at me like that...?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 3:14 pm

The trip in to Diagon Alley was a nice idea, Jake reflected, nothing too serious, just them having time together in a manner that both of them could enjoy. They browsed the shops aimlessly, picking up things they both needed, but nothing of much note. As they moved in to Flourish and Blotts, Jake pressed his sunglasses to the top of his head, looking around the bookshop.

"I need to pick up my interrogation books." Jake commented as they entered, remembering he'd been a little lax in regards to that course. But Professor Holmes class had been a bigger priority in the recent months.

However, they browsed the sections of different genres, some taking Marilyn's eye more than others. Not even the sports section could hold Jake's attention for very long though, but he took comfort in watching her face as she read the back of some books.

When they came upon a child trying to reach the shelves, Jake was about to reach up and get the book when Marilyn used magic instead. Rather... violent magic at that, which made Jake frown slightly as he looked to the witch questioningly.

"Why are you looking at me like that...?"

"Does your wand always act like that? Or is there something wrong?" Jake asked, motioning to the manner in which she was slightly doubled from the impact. The Summoning Charm most certainly shouldn't have been so powerful. "It shouldn't... be that strong, even if you want things in a rush." Jake explained, going slightly in to teacher mode, but not treating her like she was stupid.

He was simply worried, and a little curious.

But mainly, he wanted to know if she was okay.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 3:31 pm

Coughing slightly as she straightened she listened to Jake's concern with the blank expression that had unknowingly taken over her features; and always did so when she was doing or saying something that fell into the area where her gage stopped being able to gage right or wrong.

"It shouldn't... be that strong, even if you want things in a rush."

"I don't know if it's always been like this, but it's been like that since I picked it up. Never thought much of it." she shrugged, rubbing her side slightlyand thinking that it was probably going to leave a small bruise as she turned back to skim book titles as if nothing was wrong.

It was a subconscious coping mechanism; not only was her moral compass horribly skewed, but her subconscious always kept her from thinking about it to spare herself the pain of dealing with it. And Marilyn was completely unaware of it; of how it made her face void of emotion, the way it shut her down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 3:53 pm

"I don't know if it's always been like this, but it's been like that since I picked it up. Never thought much of it."

Jake raised an eyebrow at that information, trying to decide whether she meant was he thought she did in that moment. Checking the aisle to make sure no one was going to overhear them, Jake lowered his voice. "What do you mean by picked it up?" He asked gently, not wanting to trigger, but not quite sure that he'd understood properly.

Moving to her side, one hand on her waist, Jake leant over and kissed the side of her head. "Are you okay, I can go to the apothecary if you need something?" He added, knowing that the force had probably done some damage.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 4:22 pm

Confusion riddled her features as his voice hushed and he pulled her close.
"Well, I picked it up in Guantanamo? They snapped my wand when I was kidnapped and when I escaped I grabbed this one." Her voice was completely void of any understanding as to why that was an issue and hushed, but only because his was. In a way the innocent confusion was a horrible contrast to the content of what she was telling him.

"I'm fine, it'll just bruise." Closely followed by "...Why do you look so...disturbed?" She looked up at him as worry etched her features, her mind still not allowing her to compute the situation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 4:55 pm

The answer was not one that Jake had been expecting, and it probably showed as his face grew in it's confusion. "Marilyn... That's not, that's not your wand." Jake managed, treading so very carefully in the subject, but knowing it needed to be addressed. Why had be not noticed before for Merlin's sake?

"I'm fine, it'll just bruise." Closely followed by "...Why do you look so...disturbed?"

"Keeping a wand... from them. The people who... We need to go to Ollivanders." Jake managed, gently prizing the wand that was not her own from Marilyn's fingers. Tucking it in his belt, Jake took hold of her hand, and led her from the shop, their books could wait.

The street was a little more crowded now, but surely enough, the duo entered the wand shop only a few minutes later. Thankfully, no one else was in here and Jake eased Marilyn towards the counter, staying by her side for support as a very old man moved in to view, a welcoming and yet all knowing smile on his lips.

"It seems I'm blessed with celebrities today... but then it's only fitting you should wander in here eventually..." The man explained, making Jake feel slightly on edge as the older man looked to Marilyn only briefly. "If you'd step back, Mr Newbury." The man insisted as a tape measure set to work taking the witch's measurements the moment after Jake had taken only half a step backwards.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 5:09 pm

"Marilyn... That's not, that's not your wand."
No shit, Sherlock. rang through her mind as she looked at him warily. Why was he acting so strange, it was honestly worrying.
And then he did something that made Marilyn briefly wonder if he had self-destructive tendencies or if he was temporarily out of his mind.
He took her (well not her) wand from her fingers and she instinctivly clung to it but he managed to pry it from her fingers as she looked at him in shock.

"Wh- You- You took my- Wand- Wh- Why?" she sputtered as he pulled her out of the store and she stared at him in blatant confusion.

But then they were in Ollivanders and the old man began measuring her through her protests of "It works just fine" and an adamant, "I don't need a new wand" and finally, "For the Love of Merlin, I don't want one!"

The measuring stopped, but only because it was done and with an understanding look Ollivander nodded, "I'll be right back, I need to fetch the candidates for Miss Caldwells new wand"

As soon as he was off she rounded on Jake, "Give me my wand, I don't need a new one."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 5:38 pm

"Wh- You- You took my- Wand- Wh- Why?"

"It's fine." Jake assured the witch with a small smile. He was not a psychiatrist, of course, but he was more than sure that holding on to such things was not going to help at all. But how could he say that out loud without likely causing Marilyn to either get upset or retaliate?

Thankfully there was a slight pause at her questions as the man behind the counter spoke, despite the protests of the woman between them. Marilyn was not keen on the idea, it would seem, and Jake knew that simply meant that there was a problem.

As the man retreated talking of getting Marilyn a knew wand, Jake readied himself for the onslaught that was coming.

"Give me my wand, I don't need a new one."

"You can't have it back." Jake replied firmly. "It's not okay to keep hold of... of their wand, Marilyn. It's not your wand." He reminded her, knowing that it might be difficult for her to comprehend right now, but she would thank him in time for what he'd done for her.

"Do this... for me." He whispered, his eyes pleading with her to understand more than his words could in that moment. Quite honestly, he was out of another way of asking Marilyn to give this a go, without telling her that it was either stupid or... not good for her mental health. "Try..."
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 6:36 pm

"It's not okay to keep hold of... of their wand, Marilyn. It's not your wand."

"I know it's not, give it back, I can't-" her voice broke as her defence mechanism began cracking, letting emotion mix with numb confusion. "I don't care, I can't just- I don't-" she stopped, not knowing what words she needed as she became somewhat frightened by her own emotions. I don't deserve one... Came uninvited and brutal to her mind like a slap and she stopped talking, going very quiet very quickly at his next words.

"Do this... for me."
Anything. She'd do anything for him. And it showed on her face the moment he'd asked that no matter how it hurt she would. That truth hit her hard as well as she fell silent and bit her lip, turning back to face the old man who was coming back with a few boxes with burning eyes. Merlin, it felt like her lungs were shrinking and her heartbeat pounded in her ears as the woman struggled to understand what on earth was happening in her head.

"Oak, 7 and a half inches, veela hair core."
he stated simply, handing her a wand.
Hesitantly she took it and he quickly took it back again shaking his head.
"Birch, 10 inches, Unicorn hair."
The lamp next to him caught fire and Marilyn nearly dropped it in shock as he put it out and took the wand away. It took them about ten more minutes until he produced a slim, light brown wand, with small lines along the handle.

"Alder, 8 inches, phoenix feather, unyielding."  
Marilyn nearly didn't accept it, nearly called the whole thing off out of pure unadultered fear. But Jake had asked her to do it for him, so quitting simply wasn't an option.

So with slightly shaking hands she reached out and instantly felt warmth spreading through her body as she held it. It felt...right. Like a part of her had been missing but now restored. Healthy.

She glanced back and Jake and then closed her eyes, concentrating hard before she whispered, "Expecto Patronum" to test it out, delighted and full of relief to see a silvery dog bounding around, disappearing at a flick of her wrist. Her panic and fear had been pushed away by the feeling of being a bit closer to being whole.

"Not surprising." Ollivander muttered, "When an alder wand is happily placed, it becomes a magnificent, loyal helpmate. Of all wand types, alder is best suited to non-verbal spell work, whence comes its reputation for being suitable only for the most advanced witches and wizards." (Quoted from here x)

Marilyn bit back the sigh of relief and slight surprise at his words and looked at the light brown wand in her hand that seemed so natural there. Paying the seven galleons and turning back to Jake when Ollivander had gone again she pulled him close and gave him a long kiss, unable to express how she felt with words, leaning her forehead against his chest for a moment after the kiss, just breathing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 8:46 am

"I know it's not, give it back, I can't-"

Seeing Marilyn like this was nothing short of difficult, the young man felt like the worst person on Earth as he stood across from her shaking his head like a defiant child. Later, he would apologise, hold her, comfort her and make the world seem okay once more, but right now... right now he had to be hard on her because this was not okay.

The witch relented not a moment later though, and had Jake have been more capable of worrying he'd have noted the fact that she had just faced one of her fears on his whim. There had been little and less time to worry about this however as the old man came back. Jake remained in position just behind Marilyn, still a little wary of getting too close to her for a moment.

As the wands were produced, Marilyn giving each one a try and not getting very far. Jake remained patient, adamant that this was not a bad idea, until finally one seemed to work. With a flick of her wrist, Marilyn performed the Patronus Charm, and Jake watched as a dog shot from her wand. Before he could decide what breed it was, however, the beast was gone.

After Jake had put the money on the counter for the witch, more out of habit than trying to say he'd pay for everything in their relationship. Ollivander moved to wrap the wand accordingly and Jake felt Marilyn move in to his arms just before her lips pressed to his. The ex-Quidditch star kissed her back, his left hand moving to gently cup her face.

With the witch moving to rest her head against his chest, Jake pressed his lips against her forehead. "I'm sorry." Jake whispered, holding her close to show that she was safe now. Hearing footsteps from Ollivander, Jake slipped the wand from his belt and pushed it across the counter, silently given the man the authorisation to destroy the wand, or whatever he wished to do with it. Taking the bag that now held the wand and Mari's documentation for the product, Jake pressed his lips to the witch's forehead once more.

"Thank you, Mr Ollivander." Jake managed, slipping his hand in to Mari's and leading her from the shop, in to the street. "Would... you like an ice cream?" Jake asked carefully. She was probably going to murder him, or curse him in to oblivion for doing that. But... it had to be done.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 2:28 pm

"I'm sorry."

"I know..." she murmured, knowing somewhere that it had been good, even if her mind would not let her yet process why. Later that night, in his arms, perhaps it would hit her why when she saw Jake hand over the other wand to Ollivander she'd felt a pull in her stomach to grab it and run, why she felt like an old wound was tearing open. But later she'd understand it wasn't tearing a wound open to hurt her; it was tearing so it could heal properly this time.

"However. Don't take my wand again. Not really a bright move to take away the most dangerous witch in Britains wand, love." Marilyn added with a serious look, sneaking her hand into the bag to stick her wand in her pocket and taking his hand in hers.

"Would... you like an ice cream?"
"If you let me pay, then yes." She smirked up at him, hand in hand, "I really don't want to talk about..." she gestured to the wand shop, "That. At all. If you don't mind. I've got the 'bottle your emotions' bit down so well my emotions are a molotov cocktail." the auror-in-training nodded to herself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 2:44 pm

"However. Don't take my wand again. Not really a bright move to take away the most dangerous witch in Britains wand, love."

"I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't hurt me on purpose." Jake replied, showing he trusted the witch with that statement. "But I don't plan on doing it again." Jake added, giving her hand a small squeeze. It was something he knew that was simply not done in their world, but this was an extreme circumstance and he knew that eventually Marilyn would understand what had happened.

"If you let me pay, then yes."

"If you want to." Jake replied with a small smile, leading her to the stall and looking over the options. "I think I want that one." Jake commented, pointing to the picture that showed every topping on a combination of ice creams. It had been a long time since he'd thoroughly enjoyed something... that tasted as good as it looked, and seeing as it was his birthday, he was most definitely going to enjoy it. As the man behind the counter set about preparing the food in question, Jake looked to Marilyn.

"What do you want to try?" Jake asked, wrapping his arms around her as they looked in to the cabinet and it's vast amount of options.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 3:16 pm

"I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't hurt me on purpose."
"Never." slipped out before she could stop it but she decided to just play it cool and continue talking, "And I do want to pay." The woman smirked.

Leaning back into his arms as they wrapped around her she grinned, "Chili Chocolate. That's my favorite." She ordered hers and after laying down the money for both she sat them down at a table, leaning over it to kiss him one last time before their ice creams arrived. At the sight of Jake in front of his she snapped a picture with her cell phone, laughing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 3:55 pm

"Never."

Jake managed a small smile at that, not overly showing he'd heard her words, but tucking them away for later. Because Jake didn't want to deal with the overly complicated additions just yet, he was still getting used to the being with Marilyn thing without complications.

Once they'd ordered, Jake slipped in to the booth with Marilyn, enjoying the short kiss they managed before their ice creams. Jake barely had time to pick up his spoon before he was being snapped, looking much like a small child with the wide grin on his face. It wasn't a moment later that Jake was tucking in happily to the ice cream, pulling faces when it got too cold.

After managing just over three quarters of the ice cream that was meant for sharing, Jake pushed it away, feeling a little sick. "That was amazing." He managed, licking his lips to make sure no ice cream was left. "How's yours?" Jake asked, not wanting to try any because chillis weren't something he enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 4:50 pm

"Spicy." she grinned, finishing her ice cream off, laughing fondly at his satiated yet queesy expression.

"Come on." she pulled him up and gave him a soft kiss that tasted a little spicy and held his hand as they apparated back to her flat after deciding to go out for dinner instead of lunch since Jake had eaten so much ice cream.

After a shower (Marilyn) and a nap (both) they got ready to go out to dinner. Marilyn had thought ahead, like an aspiring auror should, and gotten them reservations for the evening at a nice restaurant, just in case. But prepared as she was, when Mari stepped out in her red dress she had not expected to be gaped at by her boyfriend with a bit of an unreadable expression.

"...is it not good?" she ventured, unsure of what to make of the look on his face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 5:25 pm

"Come on."

"Coming, coming." Jake muttered, being muted by the kiss on his lips that had an added venom due to the nature of Marilyn's ice cream. Following the witch out of the shop, still hand in hand, Jake just about managed to keep his ice cream down as they apparated back to Marilyn's flat.

When Marilyn had disappeared to get changed, Jake had moved to her bed, knowing he had a shirt in his overnight bag. However, the young man was dozing for some time, until he heard Marilyn coming back in to the room to get changed. Jake had moved to change, pulling on a shirt and tie before checking up on Mari. The sight before him made Jake's jaw drop slightly as he took in the outfit of choice.

"...is it not good?"

"It's..." Jake started, moving towards his girlfriend and kissing her deeply as his index finger roamed the clear planes of her chest. "We're still going out?" Jake enquired, barely able to keep the amusement out of his tone as he pressed his lips back to hers. He wouldn't mind either way, but the soft growl of his stomach showed that his body had only one answer to that question as he let out a frustrated sigh at it, before laughing softly.

"You look beautiful." Jake told Marilyn with a genuine smile.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 6:12 pm

The way his hands moved across the open space the dress left his opinion on her look pretty clear. She groaned against his lips as he kissed her, murmuring, "Don't start..." placing her hands on his chest to pull back gently just as his stomach grumbled. "You can unwrap this present later..."

Laughing she gave him a sweet kiss, innocent in nature as she reminded him that they had reservations. Arm linked in his she apparated them to a high end Italian restauraunt, pureblood run, and smiled smoothly as she walked up with her arm in Jakes.

"Ah, Miss Caldwell, It's such a pleasure to see you again, and your date."
"The pleasure is all mine, Roman."she replied easily, having been to the place many times with her grandparents.

"You are too kind,Miss Caldwell. Please, follow me." Marilyn nodded and smiled up at Jake as they were seated. It was simply the perfect place to celebrate quietly together. The seating area was outside under stars and vine-covered mahogony arches, twinking softly from fairy lights. It was quiet, since each person who came had their own little area, separated from the others by sound muffling spells and artful archways or hedges.

"Everything on the usual account, Miss Caldwell?"
"Yes, Roman." Marilyn nodded her confirmation, accepting her menu on which there were no prices with a friendly thank you.

"Happy Birthday." She grinned, "How does Champagne sound to you?"

(Setting)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 9:28 am

"You can unwrap this present later..."

Jake smirked slightly at that information, mumbling that he was looking forward to that as she kissed him once more. He didn't have time to say much more as they apparated to the restaurant that Marilyn had booked for them.

Taking it in, Jake felt a little overwhelmed, possibly underdressed. Of course, he knew Marilyn just wanted to treat him, so he didn't make a big deal out of it. Jake followed the waiter, whom Marilyn seemed to know personally, taking in the restaurant. It was an upmarket restaurant, but from the images he caught Jake was quite sure that it wasn't overly posh.

Which would suit him... okay.

"Happy Birthday." She grinned, "How does Champagne sound to you?"

"Umm... I don't really like it? But you can have Champagne, I'll go... with the house beer." Jake told the waiter, pointing to the noted beer on the menu. Not having prices was worrying Jake, but he decided not to think about it, there were better things to worry about. "And thank you, for all of this." He added with a small smile.

"Do you have any suggestions as to what I should have?" Jake asked as the waiter went to get their drinks, scanning the menu but not being overly sure on what he wanted.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 10:17 am

"Sounds good" Marilyn nodded, looking at the menu. It had been a long time since she'd been here to eat, but it wasn't triggering anything since she had already been a few days ago just to book the reservation. (Something, she'd found out then, that hadn't been necessary, since her family had a permanent standing reservation).

"And thank you, for all of this."
"Well it is your birthday," Mari smiled softly, "Glad to do it." This was all new territory to her, in many ways, despite the familiar setting. She hadn't celebrated anyones birthday in about two years and never celebrated that of a significant other, so there was nothing to go by, no bar to meet. The concept of the unprecedented was not a daunting one to the young woman, would have been ironic, really, if it was.

She had decided to just show him how much she appriciated him, which was generally the idea behind birthdays.

"I can't even remember what I used to always have, all I remember is Roman's policy of 'We're a restaurant, we feed our customers, no tiny portions that's just insulting'" Chuckling softly she scanned the menu, "I think I'll be fine with Bruscetta and a Caesar Salad." She read off the menu.

When she'd been young and visiting with her grandparents she ate much more. But stress still took its toll on her body and eating was still something she had to remind herself to do. But that had become one of Jaggers duties as well. When he noticed she hadn't eaten in a few hours he would pull her into the kitchen or nudge some fruit her way.

So even though this was a celebratory dinner she couldn't make herself eat more than the appetizer and salad. To be fair, the portions really were large enough and Brustcetta was quite filling (To Marilyn, at least). And delicious, as always.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 5:58 am

"Well it is your birthday," Mari smiled softly, "Glad to do it."

Jake nodded slightly at that, a small smile playing on his lips as he took Mari's hand across the table. He was grateful, really, that she was making a fuss, and as much as it had been a little weird first thing that morning, he was getting used to it now.

"I can't even remember what I used to always have, all I remember is Roman's policy of 'We're a restaurant, we feed our customers, no tiny portions that's just insulting'"

"I'll be full to bursting point then?" Jake joked as he looked through the menu, settling on the Spaghetti Carbonara. He'd never been big on starters, preferring puddings instead. When the waiter came back in a few moments later, Jake gave the order for both of them before turning his attention back to Mari.

"I like it here." Jake explained, a small smile on his lips. "It's... nice but relaxed at the same time. You know?" He added with a small smile. They didn't have to wait long for the food, being a magical kitchen it meant that everything was much quicker. Marilyn's came first, and Jake let her hand go so that she could eat, stealing a small part of her bruschetta under the disguise of checking it wasn't poisonous for her, a soft chuckle leaving him as he explained that to her.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 2:06 pm

Holding his hand with a smile Marilyn felt a wave of unexepected relief wash over her when he took her hand, glad he was enjoying it. That had, after all, been the plan.

Marilyn nodded her confirmation at his inquiry to future fullness, a small smile gracing her red lips, squeezing his hand gently until her starter arrived, smirking when he stole some and enjoying the rich blend of spices in the spread on the oven fresh bread. Delicious.

What she decided not to tell him, though she almost had at his quip of 'testing it' was that the restaurant actually had 'testers'to test for poison. Obviously magical testers that were each employed to a family if they had a permanent reservation like her grandparents did, a witch or wizard under unbreakable vow to check the food magically beforehand. It wasn't something Marilyn had ever found truly necessary, but she was slightly paranoid and she couldn't very well tell them to not test it, because they were under oath.

Best to just not mention it.
"I'm glad you like it." she smiled instead, finishing her starter just as their food arrived.
Lifting her glass in a small to her boyfriend Mari smirked, "To many more birthdays, then."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 9:31 am

As Marilyn ate, Jake took in the scenery, making sure not to hold the attention on her eating. Her appetite was getting there, and he was proud of her, but he'd never make her feel self-conscious about it. Sipping his beer intermittently, Jake mused at how even when silence ensued, it was still highly comfortable between them, because you didn't always have to talk.

Once her plate had been taken and promptly replaced with their mains, Jake went to pick up his knife and fork to hurriedly tuck in before he realised Marilyn had picked up her glass.

"To many more birthdays, then."

Lifting his own, Jake gently knocked his glass against his. "To many more birthdays." Jake replied, a warm smile on his lips to show he genuinely appreciated the sentiment. It was better than a present in many ways, because gestures were much more warming than a hastily chosen present.

Returning his attention to his knife and fork, Jake tucked in to his food heartily. It had been a while since he'd had carbonara, and this was so very good. "S'good." Jake told Mari through a mouthful of food, covering his mouth with his hand so that he didn't spit anything out. Jake's manners were always forgotten momentarily.

The rest of the meal was spent talking about work, and his family, speculating as to what kind of cake Victoria was probably going to make. The decoration was not even debated as both of them were highly aware that Victoria would not miss the opportunity to make it pink whenever she could. After Jake had demolished his pudding (meant for sharing, the menu stated, but Marilyn had been quite full and left him to finish almost all of it on his own), the couple had left for Mari's flat.

As promised, Jake had been allowed to "unwrap" his most treasured present of the day, and he made the most of it. It was beyond dark outside as they led in bed together, their breathing steady from earlier antics, Jake's fingers gently ran through the witch's hair, his eyes looking up at the stars on the ceiling that glowed lightly.

"You know earlier..." Jake whispered, a little sleepy from the vast combination of activities that had happened that day. "When you said about many birthdays to come..." A soft yawn left Jake's lips and he held the witch a little closer than before. "You really meant that... right?" Jake whispered softly, his voice did shake a little because in all honesty he was a little worried about that not happening, he wanted to spend as many birthdays with Marilyn as he could, because it had been so very fun. But he also wanted to know that she wasn't going to let him down on that toast.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 12:59 pm

After spending the evening talking and laughing (and utterly full of marvellous food) the young couple had apparated back to Marilyn's flat to unwrap one last present, which Jake did enthusiastically (an enthusiasm welcomed and mirrored by Marilyn herself).

When hours later the witch was laid in his arms on top of him, her head resting on his chest. The steady beat of his heart was a strange reassurance, at least, it might have once been strange, now it was something Mari was used to listening to when she drifted off to sleep.

Before that could happen however, she felt affectionate fingers in her hair and smiled sleepily at the gesture. When he spoke she noticed him pull her closer and heard a tremble in his voice that caused her eyebrows to first crease in worry then in surprise.

"You really meant that... right?"

That he'd have many more birthdays? Well I'm no seer but I don't see why he'd die soo- oh.Oh. The actual meaning of his words interrupted her pragmatic train of thought and her expression softened as she kissed the warm skin she' been laying on.

"Of course...Of course, I meant that." she whispered, moving to support herself, arms on either side of him as her eyes met his and she gave him a gentle kiss, to convey all the emotions she couldn't find the words for. A promise of sorts on her part, before nuzzling into his neck, settling back into his arms, "I'd be really happy to spend many more birthdays with you." Marilyn whispered, cheeks burningat the statement that meant more than it said, but she didn't quite understand what and certainly couldn't voice it outright. All she knew is that it, though simple, was true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 1:13 pm

"Of course...Of course, I meant that."

Jake relaxed slightly at the words, enjoying the soft kisses of reassurance. Where the need for reassurance had come from Jake didn't know.  He trusted Mari more than he could explain, it was just himself.

"I'd be really happy to spend many more birthdays with you."

"I'd like that two, "Jake whispered back through the darkness. It was nice to know he could ask, something that was becoming nee territory. He didn't have to pretend to be untouchable with Marilyn, and he could never thank he enough for that. And he would most definitely make sure Marilyn knew how thankful he was within time.

"Good night, Mari." He said softly, pressing his lips softly to her forehead and holding her close to him once more. There would be a small smile on Jake's lips before he fell asleep, one he wouldn't register but would most certainly be there if Mari looked.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 4:38 pm

"I'd like that, too,"
His words brought a warmth to her chest that rivaled the heat in her cheeks that had arisen after her own words had come out. It was a blissful state the two were floating in. The affectionate events of the day, the passionate intimacy of the night, reassuring promises whispered in the dark...

As she fell asleep Marilyn sleepily decided, as he held her closer, that the way she felt right in that moment, should be sent to the oxford dictionary for the new definition of the phrase 'safe and sound'.

Because that was how she felt and there was nowhere on earth and nobody alive she would rather be at or with than here in his arms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)   Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd) Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday, Jake... (Jari; Cont'd)
Page 1 of 1