Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Helen Masters
Shop Owners
Shop Owners
Helen Masters

Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language Empty
PostSubject: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 7:30 pm

To put it frankly, boredom was driving Helen up the wall. There were no interesting guests anymore now that the summer began and people realized they can just get drunk in the park and not freeze. School was over, so there were no Hogsmeade visits to look forward to. Ah, the visits were one of Helen's favourite things. Luring students in her pub was so ridiculously easy and getting them drunk was even easier. All she had to do was create an ominous atmosphere - something that came with the pub, really, she didn't have to try hard - and glare at them when they entered, telling them she didn't serve children. Oh, they drank so much just to prove to her that they weren't children.

It might have been immoral, or something, but she didn't really care, seeing as it brought her money. Now, however, there were no teenagers to trick into giving her their money. There was just old Joe, muttering in the corner and the witch who wore way too many veils over her face. The witch kept shooting paranoid looks around the pub whenever Lucifer did anything and Helen was about two seconds away from hexing her. Her paranoia was making her paranoid and annoyed.

As if it knew that the witch was very close to committing homicide (again), an owl flew in through a window and landed on the counter next to Helen. She took the note attached to it, gave the owl a small bowl of peanuts - owls ate peanuts, right? - and read the note. It was from Mari, asking to meet up. Helen turned the parchment over, summoned a quill and scribbled messily on it.

'Tonight, my pub. Getting pissed, yeah?'

Okay, so, Helen didn't exactly wait for Mari to arrive before she started drinking. So what? Did it really matter in the whole scheme of things in the universe? No.

She was leaning on the counter, fiddling with a little pink umbrella in her glass and scowling at it. Theo loved the little pink umbrellas. Helen grabbed her wand, muttered something under her breath and the little pink umbrella exploded in a thousand tiny pieces.

Trouble was, so did her glass.

Helen spluttered as vodka hit her face and glared at her wand. The little piece of - wood was responsible for everything. She took a cloth and wiped her face, grumbling. Her clothes were wet now, too, though not very. It was a good thing she drank almost all of the vodka before the glass exploded.

The witch was so busy with the whole affair, she completely missed the door being opened and someone walking in.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 6:25 am

Mari's arm was fresh out of a cast and a part of her almost wished it wasn't. Because being healthy again had meant Dance lessons.
With Jake.

And it could not have possibly gone worse.

The witch groaned as she shrugged off her dance clothes that night when she was back in her flat and Jake had left quickly, not even coming in. Mari buried her face in her hands and groaned loudly, cursing every singe deity she could think of for letting this happen, particularily the ones in charge of lust. She was about to damn near lose her mind, never had she been so frustrated in her life.

So the next morning Mari decided to write the only other person she got along with, Helen. Thankfully the other witch replied quickly with 'Tonight, my pub. Getting pissed, yeah?'
'Yeah' Marilyn thought, 'Definitly getting pissed tonight.'

Since she'd been off the dreamless sleep potion for a while now she was allowed to drink and just be herself with the only other Person that didn't seem to mind her cynical, sarcastic moods.

Apparating outside the Pub she heard the breaking of glass and rolled her eyes with a small smile, not an uncommon Sound from a bar. Entering she saw a slightly wet Helen cleaning her glass.

Waving her wand with a quick 'reparo' at the glass Marilyn smirked, "Helen, drinking and Magic isn't exactly one of your best ideas."
The witch strolled up to the bar and sat down, "How do shots sound?"
Back to top Go down
Helen Masters
Shop Owners
Shop Owners
Helen Masters

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:17 am

The glass came together again and Helen looked up, still scowling. "It caused me personal offense." she offered as the only explanation and then poured some more vodka in the repaired glass.

"How do shots sound?"

Helen nodded in appreciation and put two shot glasses on the counter, then drank her vodka in one go. There were some people who had tried to tell her that she had a drinking problem and her only reply was that the problem was that she didn't have a drink. They only sighed at that and let her be. She couldn't really imagine being sober most of the time, it'd be so... boring and horrible.

"Vodka? Tequila? Both? We can work our way over to the weird bottles." she motioned vaguely to the top shelf that held bottles of questionable substances. She found them one day in the cellar and had no idea what they were, but they looked like they could kill a man and that was enough for Helen. One of them had a tiny seahorse in it that somehow still looked alive.

"You have no idea how dull it's been. In Spain, summer was huge and it brought in the most costumers, but of course nobody wants to be here in summer." the woman sighed and leaned on the counter. "How've you been?"
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:43 am

"It caused me personal offense."
"I'm sure it did. Did it call you soulless, because I've heard some rumours about gingers..." she teased, playfull eyeing Helen's hair. Picking up her shot she clanked it against Helens and downed it.

"All of the above? Getting mindnumbingly hammered sounds really good right now." Mari repilied before listening to Helen speak. It never occured to Marilyn to worry about Helen, because a)she was a capable witch when she wasn't cursing glass, she was sure and b) despite drinking as much as she drank, Helen did run a Business that stayed afloat and paid the bills. That was commendable.

"Sorry to hear that it's been dull, I suppose my week has been more eventful, if also more awkward. Jake and I had a Dance lesson that got a bit...intimate." The woman groaned, Hand on her forehead as she leaned on the Counter, "And don't get excited, nothing happened. We were dancing pretty Close and he...well...reacted." she stressed the last word, looking at her friend pointedly.
Back to top Go down
Helen Masters
Shop Owners
Shop Owners
Helen Masters

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 1:30 pm

"I'm sure it did. Did it call you soulless, because I've heard some rumours about gingers..."

Helen glared at Mari. "My hair's brown." she said, determinedly. Okay, so the dye she used may have played a trick on her and turned her hair slightly reddish, but that was no reason to use such remarks. She completely ignored the years of teasing people about being ginger. That was completely different.

She nodded once again at her friend's words and summoned a bottle of tequila. There was only a little bit of vodka left in the bottle, so she emptied it in their glasses first. The bottle of tequila was for about three minutes in the future. Helen listened to Mari talk about her week and raised one of her eyebrows. She couldn't believe Mari was dating Jake Newbury - whatever the girl said, she was dating him, Helen was having none of the excuses. She had met Newbury, actually, what felt like ages ago. She wondered if he was still as hot... According to Mari, he was. That was good. Hot people need to exist.

"We were dancing pretty Close and he...well...reacted."

Helen snorted and was thankful she wasn't taking a sip of her drink just then. That would've been terrible. "Of course he did, have you seen yourself?" the witch laughed. "So why did nothing happen afterwards?" she demanded, shooting her friend a stern look. Not sleeping with someone was like, not drinking alcohol when you had a chance. It was stupid and reckless and just plain ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 1:53 pm

Downing the little bit of vodka Marilyn rolled her eyes at Helen's defensive claim regarding her hair, "Oh yes, and I'm actually blonde in the right light." she drawled with a smirk. But she'd let the ginger/not-ginger debate go, there were more important things to do. Like drink her braincells dead.

"Have I seen- My looks aren't exactly my prize feature. Tall, dark and scary doesn't do it for most people." The auror-in-training replied with a raised eyebrow, pouring both of them Tequila 'shots' that turned into drinking glasses. "And truly nothing happened, he- he apologized." she added in a hushed tone, obviously confused by his move there. "And he didn't come in and he hasn't floo'd me since and I sure haven't tried to talk to him I was blushing like an idiot and so f*cking frustrated that I just glared at my wallpaper for the evening."

"And don't give me that look, I tried to take a woman home a few days ago but it didn't work. so it's not for lack of trying."
Back to top Go down
Helen Masters
Shop Owners
Shop Owners
Helen Masters

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:43 pm

Helen ignored Mari's further comment completely and rather pulled a bag full of tiny umbrellas from under the counter. "What colour d'you want?" she asked and fished out a pink one for herself. Theo liked them, after all and it felt like a nice homage to him.

Tall, dark and scary doesn't do it for most people."

"Most people are idiots, yes." she nodded in agreement and downed her shot of tequila as soon as Mari poured it. "He apologized?" Helen raised her other eyebrow. "Well that's... no, that's never happened to me. I got an apology for the lack of a reaction, yes, but not the other way around." she shook her head, confused. Why would he apologize?

At the mention of being frustrated, Helen smirked and gave Mari a pointed look. She was just about to comment when the other witch went on. "Didn't work? Mari, you're hanging out with the wrong kind of people." she concluded with a nod and then poured them some more tequila. "Oooh, wait, I've got salt and lemon somewhere..."

As she searched for the fruit, Helen went on. "I say just Floo in his flat, wearing nothing but a coat and then just see where things go from there." she shrugged and then gave out a triumphant cry as she finally located the lemon. Grabbing her wand, she muttered a spell and the lemon sliced itself neatly. It was quite a useful spell, really. "Or, you don't really need a coat. Your choice."
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 3:13 pm

"Yeah, I'm hanging out with you to start." Marilyn retorted with a laugh, "And she had a boyfriend whom I didn't notice until he was right in front of me. To be fair, she didn't mention him." she tacked on with a frustrated huff. Straight women could be so bloody difficult. But normally Mari would've noticed it. If she wasn't always so frustrated and confused by Jake.

He was infuriating without meaning to be and also without meaning to be, he'd become far too important to the witch. Which bothered her a great deal.

"I say just Floo in his flat, wearing nothing but a coat and then just see where things go from there."
Marilyns eyes closed and she took a deep breath, forehead in her Hand with her elbow on the table, letting the other witch continue her successful hunt, breathing steadily until she was finished.
"Or, you don't really need a coat. Your choice."
"Yeah, next piece of advice please, I reject that oneand if the next advice is anything like thatI need another drink." Mari added, glancing back up.
Back to top Go down
Helen Masters
Shop Owners
Shop Owners
Helen Masters

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 4:06 pm

"Ha ha." Helen replied. "I'm the best company there is." She sighed and shook her head sadly when Mari told her the reason she couldn't get the woman. "I suppose a threesome wasn't their thing?"

The witch gave half of the lemon slices to Mari and put two salt shakers on the counter, ignoring the way Mari was ignoring her advice. For best friends, there was quite a lot of ignoring going on, but Helen liked it that way.

"Yeah, next piece of advice please, I reject that oneand if the next advice is anything like thatI need another drink."

"It's a good thing we have more drinks, then." Helen replied with a smirk, holding up her shot of tequila. "Salut!" she said, licked the salt off the side of her hand, downed her shot and then bit into the slice of lemon. It probably said something about her that she didn't wince at tequila shots anymore. Oh well.

"Seriously though, why not just sleep with him?" she asked, putting her glass down on the counter. "I slept with the Hogwarts Professor and I feel great. I want to sleep with her some more though, she's amazing." Helen said in what was a dangerously dreamy voice. She caught herself though and shook her head. She didn't do dreamy.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 4:45 pm

"Yes, you are." Marilyn conceded with a chuckle, "No, judging by the look on his face he'd rather have hexed me. Oh well." The witch shrugged, it didn't really matter. It wasn't what she really wanted anyway.

"Salut!" Marilyn repeated the ritual, her face screwing up at the sourness of the Lemon slice in her Hand and the taste of Tequila burning down her throat, not quite a pro at drinking. She hadn't had much to drink in...ever. Really. So this was going to be interesting. The witch shuddered.

"I need to get more used to this." she shook her head, looking at her unphazed best friend.
"I couldn't just sleep with him, he's my best friend, with you of course, but he's- he's just- I don't just want him you know, I want him. All of him. It's bloody awful." she shook her head, refilling their glasses with Tequila and taking two new Lemon slices, handing one to Helen.

But Marilyn was pulled from her own misery as Helen's tone shifted and her eyes widened, raising an eyebrow, "Oh? Do tell who this mysterious woman is who caught your Attention for longer than five minutes." Mari smiled but her expression was a bit puzzled and surprised.
Back to top Go down
Helen Masters
Shop Owners
Shop Owners
Helen Masters

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 5:30 pm

"I don't get men. Had a chance for a threeway and just dropped it." Helen said, shaking her head sadly. "I remember one time, I was sleeping with this gorgeous woman and her husband walked in on us and he just jumped right in. No fuss. It was beautiful." she reminisced. It was a simpler time.

She smirked at Mari's grimace and nodded at her comment. "Practice makes perfect, after all."

"I couldn't just sleep with him, he's my best friend, with you of course, but he's- he's just- I don't just want him you know, I want him. All of him. It's bloody awful."

"Good lord, woman, you've got it bad." Helen said seriously. This was no time for jokes. "Well, then, sleep with him and then again and again and then just start a relationship with him?" She didn't really know how to give such advice. With Theo and Rhea, it was simple. They both just sort of slept with people they wanted to sleep with and neither wanted a relationship.

She did the shot before answering Mari's question. This time, she did grimace, but because she was thinking of Idella and her... feelings. Then she sighed and poured more tequila. "She teaches Muggle Studies. She's an actual good human being." she said, confused by the very idea. "I mean, she helps muggleborn wizards and witches in the orphanage she grew up in. Orphanage. I mean, what am I supposed to do with that?" Helen said and downed tequila, not bothering with salt end lemon this time.

"My family thought the Widows had the right idea. She fucking teaches at an orphanage." she said, sighing. "And she's pretty." she added. Maybe she was drunk already. Tipsy, definitely.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 6:06 pm

"That does sound beautiful." The with mused aloud, nodding and drinking, skipping the salt but biting the lemon and pulling a face at the taste. The witch was Feeling a Little hazy as the Drinks started to hit her, everything was slower...

Despite being a bit dazed she heard her best friends 'advice' and laughed shaking her head, "I don't think that'll work, but I'll Keep you posted, Hel." Hel. Haha. Like Hell. Perfect nickname, she thought fondly to herself. Merlin, this drink tasted bad.

"You're a good human being." Marilyn protested, pouting slightly. "And you are 'hic' ugh-shit, you are not your family. Ugh why is everything wobbling?" she asked after quickly downing another shot, shuddering as it burned down her now aching throat.

Marilyn rested her head on her Hands and shook her head slightly, "You should talk to her. You 'hic' ouch, deserve to be happy if you want to be." she murmured.
Back to top Go down
Helen Masters
Shop Owners
Shop Owners
Helen Masters

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 1:38 pm

Helen raised her eyebrows and let out a laugh at the new nickname, leaning on the counter even more than before. Maybe it was time they stopped with tequila and move on to something else. Getting wasted on a few shota of tequila was simply disgraceful and Helen wouldn't stand for it. She grabbed the bottle, put it back on its shelf and then turned to the more exotic and possibly deadly bottles.

"How do you feel about alcohol poisoning?" she asked Mari absent-mindedly as she tried very hard to get a bottle with viciously purple liquid in it. Something green appeared to be swimming in it and the barkeep wasn't sure whether it was intentional or not. Knowing the previous owner of the pub, it was probably some horrible accident. Oh well.

She turned back to Mari with the bottlw in her hand and smiled at her friend. Her words were sweet and in her inebriated state, Helen appreciated it.

"Thank you." the witch said, heartfelt. "I know I'm not my family, but she's like a saint or something. Hard to compete with that, is all." she said, trying to sound sober, but her words came out slurred. "I'm asking her on another date." Helen nodded to herself, determined to see the gorgeous blonde again.

The barkeep set the dusty bottle on the counter and studied it carefully. "How d'you reckon we should drink this? Shots?"
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 3:52 pm

"How do you feel about alcohol poisoning?"
"Well, I'm not the biggest fan but what the hell, worse has happened. Just don't let Jake see me drunk, promise?" Marilyn Held up her pinky with a serious Expression at her friend, waiting for her to wrap her own pinky around Marilyns and promise.

Listening to Helen say she couldn't compare to the woman of her affections Mari shook her head, "You shouldn't compare yourself, you're two different people that's good. I could never compare Jake and I, I'd go insane- well. More so than usual." Mari was happy though, despize her dimmed state of mind, for her friend. Helen didn't really do emotional, like Mari did, so to see her...trying was nice.

"Another date is a great idea!" Marilyn nodded a bit too quickly in her enthusiasm and groaned, her head stinging slightly as she focused on the suspicious bottle.
"Shots. Tiny shots." Marilyn replied, suscpicious of the Content and preferring even in a drunken state, to try first.
Back to top Go down
Helen Masters
Shop Owners
Shop Owners
Helen Masters

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 3:51 am

"Well, I'm not the biggest fan but what the hell, worse has happened. Just don't let Jake see me drunk, promise?" 

Helen smirked, shaking her head. "I think it'd be good for you. They say you're honest when you're drunk and you'd tell him you wanna bone him and he'd say 'yeah, same' and then you'd bone. And I'd get some more alcohol." she concluded with a nod. It was a great plan.

The witch fought against a smile that was threatening to escape, which all lead toher making a weird grimace. She won, though, and the mushy smile stayed buried deep within her. "Alright, I won't compare." Helen said.

She laughed when Mari seemed to give herself a headache with nodding. It was incredibly amusing, seeing other people being as drunk as she usually was
Perhaps it would be a bit alarming to note Mari seemed really drunk and she only felt tipsy, even though she had drunk more than the other witch. Helen only waved the alarming thought out of her head, though. This wasn't the time to be alarmed.

"Shots. Tiny shots."

"Tiny shots." Helen repeated and poured them the usual shots, but telling herself they were tiny, in comparison, with, say, beer mugs. Very tiny.

Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 7:58 am

Mari grimaced at Helens 'plan' and raised an eyebrow
"Oh yes that would go over perfectly. 'Hello Jake, i haven't seen you since that awkward time we danced and you got hard, but you know what? Let's just fuck'" She tilted her head at her friend and shook it, "No way."

Wow, Mari was really out of practice drinking. She'd never really had much before she'd been kidnapped, and then she'd been on that potions so she couldn't drink... add that with the fact that she didn't really eat very heavily...and you got a woman that became drunk quite quickly. But thankfully she had the piercing in so she'd retain some sobriety a bit longer than she normally would.

As she saw the shot size she rolled her eyes, but gave up trying to make Helen size down.

"I survived the widows for a year," she deadpanned, Lifting up her 'shot', "But this, this looks like it might kill me."
Back to top Go down
Helen Masters
Shop Owners
Shop Owners
Helen Masters

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 12:45 pm

Helen grimaced at Mari's comment and rolled her eyes. "How about... 'Hey, you know that time you got hard? What d'you say we get that going again?'" She was serious, but she still had to fight laughter when she said it. It was something she would definitely say to someone - and might have done in the past - but she remembered Jake and wasn't sure how he would react to it. Hopefully it would be a positive response, but you never know.

"I survived the widows for a year," she deadpanned, Lifting up her 'shot', "But this, this looks like it might kill me."

She considered telling her friend to stop whining, but the thing looked seriously poisonous. So instead she grinned brightly and held up her own shot. "At least we'll go down doing what we love."

Lifting the glass up to her mouth, the witch had to refrain from retching. The smell alone was horrifying and strong. It reminded her of absinthe a bit, only stronger. Shrugging, Helen downed the shot and spent the next minute coughing and trying to breathe. She was used to alcohol, very used to it, in fact, but this was on a whole other level.

"I suspect you have a strong urge to strangle me right now, but I'd fight it." she nodded at Mari when she finally stopped coughing.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 12:56 pm

Laughing audibly at her friends suggested come on she shook her head, "He kissed me once." she admitted softly, "Had half a panic attack afterwards. Refused to look at me. He isn't interested."

Eyeing the drink suspiciously she raised an eyebrow, "Oh yes, because I do so love getting drunk off my arse and debating whether or not Jake Newbury wantst to fuck me." The witch retorted dryly before knocking the shot back.

The next moment she was coughing so hard she fell off her stool and landed on her rear, not even bothering to upright herself she was trying so hard to breathe.
Finally regaining composure the woman glared up at her friend, "That. Was. Vile. The urge is strong." She shook her head slightly, rubbing her head with her free hand.

"Save that for your enemies. Matter of fact," she hiccuped softly, "I should take a sample to the ministry lab, we could weaponize that shit."
Back to top Go down
Helen Masters
Shop Owners
Shop Owners
Helen Masters

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 1:22 pm

"Oh for f- He's annoying me already." she commented on the panic attack after the kiss. "I refuse to believe he doesn't want to fuck you, though. Maybe he panicked because he wants to and thought you wouldn't want to." Honestly, she didn't have the patience for all of that.

"Oh yes, because I do so love getting drunk off my arse and debating whether or not Jake Newbury wantst to fuck me."

"Exactly." Helen said, ignoring the dry sarcasm.

She was so busy with trying not to suffocate, she didn't even notice Mari was on the floor until the other witch spoke and Helen looked up. She laughed so hard she had to lean on the counter and after a few minutes, she couldn't laugh anymore and was just silently shaking.

"Save that for your enemies. Matter of fact," she hiccuped softly, "I should take a sample to the ministry lab, we could weaponize that shit."

"That... That's actually a good idea. I could get some sort of compensation for helping the Ministry." Helen finally stopped laughing and was now seriously considering this plan. Well, she was thinking what she could buy with the money, but that's basically the same thing.

"Shall we move on?" she said and it took some effort to stop leaning on the counter and stand. The witch narrowed her eyes at the bottles and chose the one with white liquor. "This could be like Bailey's or something."
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 1:52 pm

"I don't think he's over his ex." she muttered, thinking about how odd it was. Falling for the longtime boyfriend of the girl who'd found her and brought her to safety. All that time in school, she'd never looked at Jake twice, never even properly met him. Not that that meant all that much, back then she'd been so deep in her head all the time, she didn't look at anyone twice.

But she didn't want to dwell.

Looking up at her laughing best friend the aspiring auror on the floor shakily stood and rolled her eyes, "Not funny." she grumbled, eyeing the new drink suspiciously, "Or it could be acromantula venom. Same color, same consistency. Different smell." she added, swaying slightly as she sat down carefully.

Back to top Go down
Helen Masters
Shop Owners
Shop Owners
Helen Masters

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 2:20 pm

"I don't think he's over his ex." Helen considered this, remembering the girl. She liked Azalea and could see how he wouldn't be totally over her. She shrugged though and made a dismissive hand gesture. "So he'll get over her. Preferably by getting over - or under - you." she concluded.

As she poured them both the sort of thick liquor, she listened to Mari and nodded. "Acromantula venom. Could actually be possible. Hey, hey Pete!" Helen yelled over to one of the regular drunks and held up the bottle when he looked up. "D'you want some of this? On the house." she added and he nodded. She grinned at Mari before walking over and pouring him a shot.

The witch watched him intensely as he drank it and smacked his lips together. A few seconds passed and absolutely nothing happened and Pete was just sitting there, not moving a muscle.

'Oh fucking hell I killed someone else. Where am I gonna hide the body this is so inconvenient- no, no he's okay. Thank fuck.'

"I like this, 'Len. Gimme more."

She hid her relief and poured him another shot, giving him a warning look. "You're paying for this one." She walked away as he grumbled and she grinned at Mari.

"See, completely safe."
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 5:47 am

Noticing Helens plan just as she called the man over the witch stared at her counterpart.
"Hel. Hel, no. No don't-" The man took the drink and Marilyn closed her eyes, head pounding. 'She's gone and killed someone. She's done it and I have to help her hide the body. I'm going to lose my job. Clement is going to kill me-'

"I like this, 'Len. Gimme more."

Her eyes snapped open, staring at Helen intently, waiting for the man to leave.
"Helen. I- You- Don't. Do. That. Again." Marilyn let out a deep sigh of relief, head falling into her hands. "Well if I didn't need a drink before, I certainly need one now."
Back to top Go down
Helen Masters
Shop Owners
Shop Owners
Helen Masters

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:17 pm

"Helen. I- You- Don't. Do. That. Again." Marilyn let out a deep sigh of relief, head falling into her hands. "Well if I didn't need a drink before, I certainly need one now."

Helen snickered and poured them both a shot. She would never admit that she was actually worried about the man, she was reluctant to even admit it to herself. She looked down at the counter and blinked. Apparently, she was even drunker than she thought. While she was trying to pour them shots, more liquor went on the counter than in the glasses and the whole thing was covered in thick white liquid.

The witch smirked and pointed at it. "Hey... Does it remind you of anything?" she snorted. There wasn't a person on Earth that would accuse Helen Masters of being a mature adult or that she ever passed an opportunity to make a lewd comment.

She made an effort to pour them proper shots and then held up her glass, trying very hard to focus on Mari and standing up at the same time. It was harder than it looked.

"To... To not killing innocent people with possible acromantula venom." she nodded and downed her shot.

About a half an hour later, the two witches were the only ones in the pub and they were passed out. They had moved to sit in a booth and they were both slouched over the table, an empty bottle of the white substance between them. True, most of it was accidentally spilled, but enough of it made it to the witches and would result in a spectacular hangover the next day.

Helen was most definitely not looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language   Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language Empty

Back to top Go down

Bottom's up (Mari) Warning: Substance Abuse - Alcohol, Mature Language
Page 1 of 1