Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria) Empty
PostSubject: Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria)   Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria) EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 4:40 pm

Turns out, waking up in a hospital bed in the dark, with searing pain shooting up your leg wasn't the worst or the most terrifying thing that can happen to a person. One's parents bursting in your room, yelling frantically about how worried they were and that they had to drive for several hours with panic almost blinding them was, in fact, truly terrifying. Mary managed to calm her parents down, assuring them she was alright and that they were only keeping here there for routine observation - a lie, of course, they had to regrow the bones in her ankle. Apparently, it wasn't the best idea to carry someone with an almost shattered ankle. It did things like shatter one's ankle completely and weaken one's knee. But her parents didn't need to know that. Once they made sure their daughter wasn't actually going to die, Ann and Stephen went to check in a nearby hotel, ignoring Mary when she told them they could just take the Floo Network. Her Mom said magic has done them enough harm for one day, giving the young witch a pointed look and then hugged her and kissed her on the cheek before leaving. Mary could hear her Dad letting out a small sigh at his wife's words and she smiled, happy that at least one of her parents wasn't totally against magic.

When they left, the brunette apologized to the people in the room for the commotion, as her parents yelling was quite loud. The room was filled to the brim, as the American Magical hospital was overfilled because of the attack. It wasn't the most convenient or comfortable, but Mary didn't mind sharing the room with people who also fought for what was right. One of the people in the room was Tess and Mary hoped the witch would be okay, as her injuries seemed quite severe.

After breakfast, Mary took the Skele-Gro and a sleeping potion that knocked her right out, getting her a few uninterrupted hours of blissful sleep. It was around noon that the pain woke her up. It wasn't only pain, though, it was a strange, surreal feeling as she could feel the bones forming again and seeking their place in her leg. She managed not to cry out and only asked the Medi-Witch for some painkillers, which earned her an odd look, but the lady returned with a potion. Mary didn't really care if she got a potion or Muggle pills, the only thing that mattered was that the pain would be gone as soon as possible.

Around fifteen minutes later, there was only some dull pain in her ankle and Mary was resting comfortably. There were some magazines that the Medi-Witch brought in and the witch was listing through them, bored out of her mind. She's already read the more interesting of the articles and all that was left now were things like '10 Ways To Please Your Man', 'How To Tell If Your Children Are Dabbling In The Forbidden Arts' or horoscopes. Admittedly, Wizarding horoscopes were a bit more amusing that the Muggle ones, but they still weren't very interesting.

The witch sighed and hoped her parents would be back soon with a book or two and looked up hopefully when someone walked through the door.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria)   Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria) EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 5:06 pm

The aftermath of the attack had been horrible. So horrible. Even after Jake had put her to bed and she had fallen asleep, the witch had been up not twenty minutes later, silent tears falling down her cheeks. The nightmares had kept the witch from sleeping much longer, and so she merely waited for the time to pass for when she could get on the train.

The usually bubbly witch had been terrified, to say the least. There had been so much to take in, and so many things Victoria wished to forget, but she couldn't. Sobs had broken from the witch as her mommy had picked her up, and Victoria had clung to her as if her life depended on it, repeating that she loved her mommy so very much.

After her mom had calmed her down enough, Victoria had asked if they could go to the hospital. A confused look touched Alexis' features at that moment, and Victoria had explained as to why she wanted to go there. But they had to stop by at Treasured Tomes first.

It had taken a while, for both the reason that Victoria had stopped by every person she knew at the hospital and even some she didn't to give them a small helping of sweeties that she had gotten from the street. Also, because it had taken Alexis some time to find out where Mary would be. But once they'd found the right place, Victoria had hurried off, leaving her mom in the waiting room.

The witch paused at the end of Mary's bed, taking in the witch. Victoria's smile wasn't quite there today, she was tired, and she was scared. Possibly her closest friend was here, in hospital, looking worse for wear. "H-hi..." Victoria managed softly, moving to the witch's side and putting the bag of shopping gently on the bed next to the witch.

"Are you- How are you feeling?" Victoria asked, busying herself with the bag. It was how she had decided to cope with everything, bar crying, she was keeping herself busy. "I picked up some books. You're doing the same thing as Jake, so you need this book on potions. It tells you about antidotes." The witch explained, passing the first book.

"Then you're doing mind control, or something." She added, taking out a second brand new book and putting it on top of the first. "That's supposed to be the best one. Then there's a book on interrogation methods, for your second class." She added, passing the books before remembering another thing.

"And I also got you some sweets, and chocolate. I didn't know what you liked best." The witch explained, not quite able to look Mary in the eye. "I'm so sorry I didn't come sooner. I-" Victoria shook her head, trying to dispel the tears that were forming again. She couldn't take any more tears, there was enough crying for now... Surely!
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria)   Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria) EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 6:06 pm

It wasn't her parents walking through the door, but it was someone more cheerful and full of energy. Or, that's how the girl usually was. The bit about energy was still correct, Mary couldn't really follow the stream of words that came out of Victoria's lips. However, she seemed less happy than usual. It wasn't really that surprising, once Mary thought about it. She had just lived through a nightmare the night before and Mary knew how Victoria felt about violence.

She took the girl's hands, squeezing them gently. "Hey, it's okay. It's okay, I'm okay, I'll be out of here before you can say 'Quidditch'." Mary smiled what she hoped was a reassuring smile. "Wanna sit down?" she said and then shifted without waiting for a reply. The witch winced at a sharp pang of pain in her hip when she moved her body, and she hoped Victoria didn't see it.

"I'm just happy you came at all." she said gently and then finally looking at the things Victoria brought. "Thanks for all this!" she said, motioning to the books and candy, grinning brightly. "Wanna share the candy?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria)   Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 1:55 pm

"Hey, it's okay. It's okay, I'm okay, I'll be out of here before you can say 'Quidditch'."

The small squeeze of her hands made Victoria a little happier, only a little, with the reassurance that came with them. Merlin she had been so worried when she'd heard the Head Girl had been taken to hospital. Everything seemed so long ago now, the attack and everything before it. But it hadn't even been twenty four hours, had it?

Victoria was ever so thankful though, when Mary offered her a place to sit down, and not meaning the chairs beside them. The young witch didn't need to be asked twice as she carefully (and with a little difficulty seeing as hospital beds were always so damn high!) sat up on the bed, missing Mary's pain as she concentrated on getting up and not hurting the witch in the same moment. However, as soon as the witch was up on the bed, she turned just enough to cuddle up to Mary, ever so gently, but trying to make everything better in anyway she could.

"I'm just happy you came at all."

"Of course I came." Victoria whispered, relaxing enough now she knew her friend was okay. When offered sweets, Victoria shook her head. She hadn't felt hungry since the attack, and despite being highly logical and knowing that not eating wasn't good for her, Victoria couldn't stomach anything right now. She felt nauseous, but Mary didn't need to know that. "You can have them, you deserve them. Everybody said how brave you were." Victoria explained, knowing that Mary was a brave woman even before the attack. But the attack had only proved that she was so much more than everyone thought.

And Victoria...

She shook herself internally, now was not the time. "When will you be able to go home? Will there be any... long term problems?" Victoria asked gently, wanting to know if she could do anything for Mary at all.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria)   Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:20 pm

Mary settled in as comfortably as she could and, because she couldn't wrap her arm around Victoria, she settled for taking the witch's hands in hers again. It was so relaxing, spending time with the young Wormwood and even seemingly sad and shaken, she still gave off a comforting vibe. Mary was glad there didn't seem to be any awkwardness between them because of the kiss, but she didn't know whether that was still coming. She hoped it wasn't.

When the young witch declined sweeties, Mary narrowed her eyes, deciding that something really was wrong. She just didn't know whether it was the shock of the battle or something else. Whatever it was, Mary was angry at it. It was one thing, putting her in a hospital, she was prepared for that happening, but putting Victoria in such a state was quite another thing.

"Do you want some tea instead? They brought it in earlier, but I expect there's a charm to keep it fresh." she offered in a cheerful voice, the one Victoria usually used.

"You can have them, you deserve them. Everybody said how brave you were."

The witch blinked as she processed the information. She didn't think anyone really noticed her in the battle, there were so many things going on and everyone was preoccupied by trying not to die. "I- Thank you." she said slowly, as she wasn't really sure what to say. Thankfully, Victoria was asking her a question before she had time to say anything else. Not that she would know what to say if she had any time.

"I'm going home as soon as they fix my ankle." Mary smiled, trying not to show that she was actually worried about the consequences. The Healer hasn't said anything about that yet and it was causing some concern in the back of her mind. "I don't think there will be." she said in what she hoped was a nonchalant voice. They regrew bones every day in here, right? No cause for concern. "I think they're just keeping me here for observation, to be honest." Mary was mainly trying to cheer Victoria up, but there was a small part of her that was trying to reassure herself that everything would, in fact, be okay. And if lying to herself and her friends was the way to do that, then so be it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria)   Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 3:27 pm

The Wormwood was happy that she could get a cuddle, Jake had tried, but he'd been so busy with other things, there simply hadn't been time. So now that someone had time, it was nice to simply take in the comfort and the familiarity of someone she trusted so very much.

"Do you want some tea instead? They brought it in earlier, but I expect there's a charm to keep it fresh."

"I'm fine, thank you though." Victoria replied again, closing her eyes as she rested her head on the older witch's shoulder. She could have fallen asleep, had that not been both rude and totally frightening, but she could rest her eyes and listen to the older witch talk.

The thanks for what everyone was thinking was met with a soft "you're welcome" but otherwise Victoria didn't interrupt in case Mary had something else to say. It didn't seem that way though.

With the explanation of what was going to happen as soon as the older witch's foot was mended, Victoria nodded. "I'm sure everything will be fine. It's routine for the Healers, right?" The witch asked, looking up at Mary for slight reassurance. It was, to be perfectly honest, out of character for Victoria. She was usually so sure in everything she did because she had researched it thoroughly, but the battle... it had filled her with so much doubt about the world.

And that was so very, very stressful.

"I wish we'd stayed out in the gardens." Victoria admitted in no more than a whisper. It was mainly because saying such things out loud would not change what had actually happened. But it also gave Mary the power to tell her that she didn't agree. Victoria was quite sure that it had happened, but all the nice things of the ball seemed a million miles away now...
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria)   Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 4:30 pm

Victoria rejected tea as well and Mary had to suppress a sigh. Things weren't allowed to be bad for Victoria, she was like a ray of sunshine and people like that deserved only the best. They certainly didn't deserve to be in the middle of a war when they were just 15.

Mary smiled at the soft 'you're welcome' and leaned in to Victoria, closing her eyes. Things seemed simpler when she was around and Mary didn't really know why. Maybe it was the cheerful and confident manner in which the young Wormwood usually went about with. Even if Victoria was down, she still brought up those feelings in Mary and she was grateful for that. Someone needed to be optimistic in this world.

"Yeah, I'm sure they do it all the time." she grinned confidently, really trying hard not to sound apprehensive.

"I wish we'd stayed out in the gardens."

Mary didn't say anything for a while, just pressed her lips to the other witch's forehead and squeezed her hands. "I wish so too, then I could've gotten you to safety first." she replied quietly and truthfully. There was no question about her fighting, being a Head Girl and an aspiring Auror, but there was no need for Victoria to have witnessed all of that.

"I don't... I don't even know how you got out?" Mary asked quietly and leaned her head slightly on the side, looking at the younger witch. She figured Jake would have taken care of that and she saw him in the battle later on, but she didn't know how exactly Victoria got to safety. In the midst of battle, she couldn't have afforded to think about that, as harsh as that sounds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria)   Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 4:45 pm

"Yeah, I'm sure they do it all the time."

Victoria nodded at that information. Of course these people saw those kind of injuries daily. They would be able to fix it, and Mary would be back on her feet in no time. But, until that point, Victoria was not going to relax completely because Mary had to be okay.

When Mary's lips pressed to her forehead, calmness flooded through the witch, enjoying the reassuring manner in which the older witch was treating her. To most, it would be annoying being treated like this, but Victoria was not going to pretend for a moment that she didn't need this.

"I wish so too, then I could've gotten you to safety first."

"You'd... You'd still have gone back in?" Victoria asked, confusion quite evident in her voice as she looked up at the older witch. But behind the confusion was awe for the witch that she simply couldn't hide. How somebody could be so brave as to want to see all of that... again. Victoria could not comprehend, nor, for once in her life, did she wish to understand that.

"I don't... I don't even know how you got out?"

"I... I don't really know..." Victoria admitted softly, looking down at their joined hands like she had when they'd kissed, because it was easier than looking Mary in the eye. "One moment I was stood between Mari and Jake, casting shield charms... Then... Then the B-Black Widow.... she- I- There was a flash of green. Then I remember being rushed through the hall... by someone. Oh Merlin, I didn't say thank you to that person!" Victoria explained, alarm quite clear in a moment. "I just remember Jake came to get me from a safe room that Professor Holmes and Professor Finn had set up."

Victoria didn't mention the hysterical state she'd been in as she very carefully curled closer to the witch. It was horrible. She didn't like thinking about it, but she knew that it wasn't going to go away over night.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria)   Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 5:10 pm

"You'd... You'd still have gone back in?"

Mary blinked, surprised. "Of course, I - Professor Holmes gave us instructions." she said simply. The look in Victoria's eyes was somewhat unnerving and Mary looked away, not being able to hold her gaze. "And I couldn't have just left, with everybody else still in there." she added in a whisper. Maybe someone was still alive because she stayed and fought and the thought alone made her feel better. She did her best on the field and she didn't regret it, not even for a second. What's a broken ankle compared to saving a human life?

As Victoria explained, Mary nodded and stroked the girl's hands with her thumb in what she hoped was a calming manner. "It's okay. I'm sure they know you're thankful, honey." She felt sorry and angry that Victoria had to see the insane woman killing the child and then killing herself and she kissed her forehead again.

"You know it's okay to feel like this, right? To feel shocked and sad and... everything." Mary said gently. "It was traumatizing and you shouldn't have been there... None of you should've been there" she added, thinking about all the students. "Anyway, um. You can talk about it, if you want to." the witch offered after clearing her throat where a lump was threatening to form.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria)   Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria) EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 1:46 pm

Victoria listened as the older witch confirmed that she would indeed go back in to the chaos and do the whole thing all over again. The Wormwood could not fathom for even a moment as to why, but that was simply one of the many things that Victoria admired about Mary. Despite the bookish mannerisms, she was brave and so very capable.

A second kiss to the forehead was helpful to Victoria after her short panic in regards to not saying thank you. There had never been a moment that Victoria had thought she might need to have this kind of friendship, but Victoria was enjoying this time with the older witch. "I still need to find out to thank them." Victoria whispered, knowing she would have to ask someone to find out who it had been.

"You know it's okay to feel like this, right? To feel shocked and sad and... everything."

"I don't know how to feel..." Victoria whispered once more, opening her eyes and looking over at that curtains that surrounded Mary's bed. "I'm scared, but I'm relieved. I was terrified you'd been hurt really bad, I was scared Jake wasn't going to get out alive... And... every time I close my eyes, I see... I see her... I..." Victoria shook her head holding on to Mary's hand a little tighter. "And all the people... So much destruction... I..."

But Victoria didn't finish as the first tear slid down her cheek. Mary would not see, thankfully, but the tears were still there. A shaky breath left the witch as she stayed close to the older Wormwood. "How do you d-deal with it, Mary?" She asked softly, the old Wormwood must know... right?
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria)   Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria) EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 2:16 pm

"I still need to find out to thank them." I still need to find out to thank them." 

Mary smiled and nodded. "I can help you find them. Someone must have seen you getting out." she said in a determined voice. If Victoria wanted to thank someone, then she will.

The witch listened to her friend quietly and kept stroking the younger girl's hand with her thumb. Truth be told, she had no idea what to say. No advice, mo comforting thoughts to offer, as she was just as frightened herself. She couldn't say that to Victoria, of course. The younger Wormwood needed comfort and optimism and Mary wished she would know how to give them. Instead of speaking, she withdrew one of her arms and awkwardly wrapping it around Victoria in an attempt of offering comfort.

"How do you d-deal with it, Mary?"

She took a deep breath, trying to think of something, anything. "We defeated them. We were strong, we fought back and we defeated them. And if anything like that happens again, we'll be ready again and we'll win again. What happened was horrible and I- I see those things too, when I close my eyes, but... but we're stronger than them and they won't succeed, ever." Mary closed her eyes, swallowinf the lump in her throat. There were no tears, thankfully. "That's how I deal, I suppose. By knowing we're prepared if anything like that happens again." She didn't know whether that would comfort Victoria, but it was the truth and it was some sort of optimism.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria)   Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria) EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 3:58 pm

Everything that Mary said, Victoria took on board with a small nod of her head. Her brother, Mari, Mary, the teachers, the older students, and the Aurors had gotten rid of the Black Widows, they would not be coming back. So there was nothing to be afraid of really, because they didn't hold the power they once had.

"That's how I deal, I suppose. By knowing we're prepared if anything like that happens again."

Victoria nodded once more, managing to look up at the older witch with a small smile. "You're really brave, and I admire you for that." She admitted, her tone very much that of adoration for Mary. "One day I'm going to be as brave as you." She decided, settling back down in the cuddle.

But Victoria was done with deep conversation now, she simply wanted to forget what was going on around them. "What are you doing over the holidays?" Victoria asked, studying the hands that were still joined together with a small smile on her lips. This was something she wished she could keep, not have Mary go away, but that was selfish, and Victoria was never knowingly selfish in anything she did.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria)   Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria) EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 3:33 am

Mary took the comment of her being brave with raised eyebrows, but she thankfully managed not to scoff. She didn't think of herself as brave, more like ... following instructions. She didn't know whether that was brave or not, but she was good at doing as she was told. And taking initiative, when the time called for it.

"One day I'm going to be as brave as you."

The witch smiled down at Victoria and gave her a squeeze, wincing a bit at the pain the movement caused. "You are brave, honey. You don't have to risk your life in order to be considered brave. In fact, I don't want you risking your life." Mary said, in an attempt to make a joke. It didn't work, in her opinion.

"What are you doing over the holidays?"

Mary thought for a few seconds before answering. Before, she had alwaya made plans with Oscar and Lydia, but now... well, Oscar was dead and she had broken up with Lydia. She hasn't given summer vacation much thought over the last couple of months, because of the exams and everything going on.

"I don't know, actually. I'm moving in with Gavin and spending some time with Mom and Dad. We usually go camping, but we haven't talked about it this year..." she trailed off. "What about you?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria)   Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria) EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 1:37 am

Comfort was something that came naturally to Mary, it seemed as she held Victoria a little tighter briefly and assured her that she was brave. Victoria wasn't so sure about that notion, she hadn't been as brave as Mary had... but she didn't argue because she didn't want to upset the older witch, she had enough on her plate right now.

As the conversation turned lighter, Victoria smiled at the answer she received. "Jake mentioned you two were moving in together!" Victoria replied, looking up at the older witch with a grin. "That'll he so much fun! Where are you moving to? If you need any help I'm free to help!"

The notion of camping also seemed quite exciting to Victoria, her family had done that a long time ago, before her accident. "I'm sure camping would be great! I haven't been on holiday in ages!" Victoria explained, not complaining, just sharing the information. Eden Prairie was an adventure, an adventure she was going to have over the summer.

"What about you?"

"Reading, lots of reading. Jake said we can go wherever I'd like to, too. So I need to think of some things to do on his days off. But otherwise... not much really!" She explained with a small shrug. "I'll write to you, too, of course." The young Wormwood added softly.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria)   Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria) EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 4:07 am

"That'll he so much fun! Where are you moving to? If you need any help I'm free to help!"

Mary grinned and nodded. She was very excited to be moving in with Gavin and starting a new part of her life. She knew it was going to be hard, training to be an Auror, but she was determined to succeed and she was ready to work hard. "Boston. We found a two bedroom apartment that's quite low on rent and it even has a gorgeous view." Mary said enthusiastically. The view was a must for Gavin and up until she actually saw it, it wasn't really that important to her. Now she couldn't live without it.

"I think my parents will help me move, but I'd love it if you'd help." she smiled. Having Victoria around was always pleasant and fun.

"I'm sure camping would be great! I haven't been on holiday in ages!" 

"You could go with us, if you'd like. I'm sure Mom and Dad wouldn't mind." she offered. She would, of course, understand if Victoria didn't want to go with them, but she still wanted to offer. "They're Muggles, though and they don't really like me using magic a lot. I still do when they're not looking or for some mundane things." Mary explained.

She listened to Victoria tell her about her plans and smiled. "That sounds great, very relaxing. I'll write to you too." Mary promised, the smile still playing on her lips. There was a part of her that didn't want to leave Salem, that jut wanted to stay a teenager, live at the school and not worry about things like rent, food or money in general. This part of her wanted to stay like this, cuddling Victoria and thinking about the distant future. The other part of her, the main part, told her the future wasn't really that distant any more and this was the part that couldn't wait to move in with Gavin and start the training. That was the part, Mary figured, that Victoria would consider brave. She herself considered it ambitious.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria)   Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria) EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 6:11 am

"Boston. We found a two bedroom apartment that's quite low on rent and it even has a gorgeous view."

"That sounds lovely! I've never been to Boston!" Victoria replied thoughtfully. Of course, now she had an excuse, and that was an exciting prospect. Especially seeing as it would be Mary's own place so they could do whatever they wanted. "And I'll be able to see Gavin too! I haven't seen him in ages!" She added, making a mental note to try to write to the older boy too.

"You could go with us, if you'd like. I'm sure Mom and Dad wouldn't mind."

"Really?" Victoria asked, her excitement at that prospect rocketing through the roof as she looked up at Mary. It would be so much fun, going on holiday with her friend. She didn't even have to think about wanting to go, that was already a yes. "If you ask your mommy and daddy, I will ask mine and hopefully they both say yes! It would be such a cool adventure! Can we share a tent?" Victoria asked, already trying to remember where her sleeping bag was and running through what she'd need in her head.

"They're Muggles, though and they don't really like me using magic a lot. I still do when they're not looking or for some mundane things."

"I'm not allowed to do magic outside of school yet." Victoria reminded the older witch with a soft chuckle. "And I don't use it that often at school, anyway." She added as an afterthought. "So you don't have to worry about that one." Victoria finalised, falling quiet once more as she stayed cuddled safely against Mary.

The duo stayed like that for some time, cuddled up to one another and not really talking about much in particular. Victoria was beyond exhausted but didn't want to fall asleep, and Mary was probably tired in her own right. Only a while later when Victoria's mom came in to say they needed to go did Victoria move, carefully reaching up to kiss Mary's cheek in goodbye before gently climbing down. "I'll write to you as soon as I know." Victoria promised the older witch, only letting go of her hand when it became necessary.

And for the life of her, Victoria couldn't understand the small feeling of loss as she followed her mom from the ward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria)   Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria) Empty

Back to top Go down

Countin' flowers on the wall (Victoria)
Page 1 of 1