Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pen Pal (Alec House)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

Pen Pal (Alec House)  Empty
PostSubject: Pen Pal (Alec House)    Pen Pal (Alec House)  EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 10:34 pm

Taking out a piece of parchment paper, Tess got herself comfortable in her hospital bed and began to write. She remembered promising the young boy about writing him, since he seemed nice enough, if not overwhelmed by the ball. She could only wonder how he was feeling now after being forced to be at the center of the attack with no preparation.

Frowning at the thought, she took out her peacock quill, dipped it in light blue ink and began to write to him:

Dearest Alec,

Hello! As promised, here is my first owl to you. I have to apologize for my late correspondence, but as you know, since the attack, the rebuilding of the school, and other events had prevented proper use of communication and the owl network.

But for me, it was a little different than that...for one thing I have to admit that I've been in the hospital. It wasn't by choice I assure you, but because of a mild case of unconsciousness that lasted two weeks and a few broken bones. It was here that I learned that broken ribs can't be healed at home, whatever that means.

Being here is boring, for one thing the isolation room to protect me from journalist is far more tedious than expected.  Do you know how many times I've been forced to reread books? Far too many times to count. I just want to go home, my cat can't even visit me.

But how are you? How is your father? Are you better? Sorry if I'm pushing questions on you, but I fear for your well-being. Being a first year in the attacks, in no way was a kind way to be shown Salem for it's beauty. So sorry that had to occur.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely yours,

Pen Pal (Alec House)  Screen36

Stomping the seal as she usually did, she called the nurse, asking politely if it could be sent out to the given address. Once satisfied she closed her eyes and fell asleep once more.
Back to top Go down
Alec House
Wormwood Third Year
Wormwood Third Year
Alec House

PostSubject: Re: Pen Pal (Alec House)    Pen Pal (Alec House)  EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 11:30 pm

Alec was reading one of his father's old muggle medical books when he heard a tap on the window nearby. Getting up from his desk Alec moved his guitar over to open the window. He took the letter from the owl and and gave the owl a bit of bread from his salami sandwich. The owl promptly flew off. Alec smile at the letter. He hasn't gotten any yet this summer. Alec opened it to read it. After reading it he sat down at his desk again and shoved the big medical book aside. He grabbed a quill and parchment to write back:

Dear Tess,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you. I hope you get better soon. Its not fun being hurt. Especially because my Father is surprisingly over protective when I get hurt and the fact that he used to be a muggle doctor. Speaking of him he is doing okay but has been a bit to himself more than usual. I have no idea what that is about.

As for me I guess I'm doing okay. I don't have any friends in New Jersey which is where I live. I'm also not the type of person to go out and meet people. To be honest I miss Salem even after the attack. I don't know I guess I felt like I belonged there better then in New Jersey.

I see that you have a problem with a lack of books. Well I'll send you a Muggle book that I have enjoyed and I hope you will as well. Its call The Hunger Games and its the first book in a trilogy.

Thank you once again,

ALEC HOUSE

Alec went to one of his many bookcases and grabbed on of his extra copies of The Hunger Games. He sealed the letter and put it on the book. Then he went over to his new owl Comet and sent him off with the letter.
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Pen Pal (Alec House)    Pen Pal (Alec House)  EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 1:00 am

Three days later, there was a knock on her door. Tess was currently throwing a ball in the air, trying to find anything to entertain herself. In the past three days she could find herself walking on her own, and while the ribs were healing slower than expected, she could definitely go hoe in a span of a week.

Turning her head at the knock, she smiled seeing the nurse with an owl. Thanking her softly she took the note, and was surprised to find the nurse also handing her a wrapped box. Sitting up, she winced a bit at the quick movement and opened the letter. As her eyes swept through the letter, she laughed softly at the fact that he had an overprotective parent, she knew that too well with an overly protective family. At the mention of a book, she turned towards the package and began to unwrap it. She was always the kind to be delicate about opening things.

Looking a the cover she ran her fingers over the cover curiously and put it to the side. Instead she brought the lap desk closer to her and began to write a response letter.

Dearest Alec,

First of all thank you for your get well wishes, I appreciate them.
Secondly, I am glad you understand what it is like having overprotective parents. With my brother, my father, and my mother pushing for protection, this room feels more and more like a bubble. Being the youngest of the family definitely comes with some drawbacks. But I can happily note that I'll be able to move to the estate as soon as the bruising lessens.

New Jersey you say? I've never really been there. I've only been to Salem, Massachusetts and California, one being when I went to school, the other to explore the beaches of the Pacific. Both quite lovely places. But I'm sorry to hear about your predicament in making friends. Do you not live in a magical community? Is that rude to ask?

She changed her mind and tried to word it better.

Apologies, I meant, do you feel more comfortable in Salem for the magical atmosphere? I admit I do not know anything about the muggle world, except for their sweets, which I've had them given to me as presents, her name was Adamina. I would say take advantage of summer and try to relax. Maybe if I get better I can convince my parents to take a quick stroll to America and visit you. You could show me a bit of New Jersey (more the magical than muggle for I admit that sounds a bit frightening).

Lastly, thank you for the book. I've never really read muggle literature except for William Shakespeare at my brother's recommendation, but I will quickly begin to read this one now. I really appreciate your gift and send one of my own. I admit I have a lot of sweets from family friends, (key word on family), so I send them to you, along with my favorite book as a child. The Tales of Beedle the Bard was a favorite of mine and has many stories which I was raised too. I don't know if it's popular in America, but here you go! I hope you do enjoy it.

Sincerely yours,

Pen Pal (Alec House)  Screen36
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pen Pal (Alec House)    Pen Pal (Alec House)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Pen Pal (Alec House)
Page 1 of 1