Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Exams Are Hard (Bro)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Exams Are Hard (Bro) Empty
PostSubject: Exams Are Hard (Bro)   Exams Are Hard (Bro) EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 7:56 am

It was late into the night, but Brooke was still wide awake. Piles of books and loose paper lay scattered on the table before her, some open to random pages, some closed and stacked under other thick textbooks. With a sigh, she stood up and stretched, moving towards the couches for a well deserved break. Plonking herself down, she sighed again.

"Merlin, I feel so unprepared," she commented.

The O.W.L exams were right around the corner for her, and she was very behind in her studies. The one week of school she had skipped before term had ended proved to be a busy week, with a lot of material taught and hints given on what to study for the holidays. Even worse, when her brother had been missing - kidnapped by the black widows - she had not paid attention once during any of the classes no matter how hard she tried.

Now that Tristan was back, she had turned her attention back to the subjects she had chosen. Charms and DADA hadn't been too much of a problem, because spells came fairly easy to the witch; she had also been to see Jake for help with those she had trouble with. The practical things for Herbology and Potions, however, had been causing a huge problem for her.

There was only two days left for preparation, and Joe and her had taken to studying together, in the privacy of the Room of Requirement. The place was perfect for them, having the right lighting for book reading or writing, a long table to place materials, comfortable chairs, and a couch in the corner for relaxing. A few times, Brooke had gone down to the kitchens and requested the help of some of the house elves to carry up refreshments; on a side table lay an assortment of snacks and drinks.

It was the perfect study room, and what made it even better for Brooke was the fact that Joe was there with her.
Back to top Go down
Joe Astrid
Graduate
Graduate
Joe Astrid

PostSubject: Re: Exams Are Hard (Bro)   Exams Are Hard (Bro) EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 9:12 am

Joe's OWL results had come through in the summer, and while none of them were failures, he wan't happy with them either. He'd taken on those he had been allowed for his NEWTs, exams that he wasn't particularly looking forward to, and had been studying for a few weeks already in preparation. He was determined that he was going to do better this time, that nothing was going to make him the way he was at the end of last year.

It had taken a while, but moving on from Morgan had finally been attainable. He had come to terms with the fact that she was dead, and sometimes he would go and sit with her ghost by the lake, tell her all about Brooke and how he was okay now , and she would listen, smile, contented that he had found his happiness again.

For the most part, his studying had been going well. Joe would sit in the Hufflepuff Common Room until around ten in the evening, writing out essay after essay on the chapters of books he'd read earlier that day. He was a visual learner, apparently, because little doodles in the corner of pages and having the words in front of him to read over and over helped a lot.

Studying with Brooke was more fun, though. Sometimes he would mumble the words he was writing or reading, and at first, the Hufflepuff was really quite conscious of it, would catch himself every so often and stop with a blush. But he was far less paranoid about his little habits now.

"Merlin, I feel so unprepared."

Joe knew the feeling all too well, but he couldn't think for the life of him why Brooke was feeling scared. He stood up after her and sat at her side, instinctively putting an arm around the back of the couch and thus, around her shoulders. "You don't have any reason to worry," he said honestly. "You're smart, Brooke, and you can argue against me all you want, but you are."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exams Are Hard (Bro)   Exams Are Hard (Bro) EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 9:30 am

Before she knew what was happening, she felt an arm around her, and she turned to see Joe on the seat beside her. Leaning into him, she smiled slightly at his words, chuckling softly. "I will argue," she joked, half meaning it. "I mean, I can do the practical stuff, but the theory..." She shook her head and let herself relax, knowing there was no point in stressing too much.

"How are you studies going?" she asked.

Many times she had been pulled from her own world of Herbology plants and how to brew potions by his mumbling. It didn't distract her if she didn't let it, but she did, because she loved listening to him talk, even if it wasn't directly to her. There was just something about his voice that made her want to drop everything and just listen.

When she discovered he had the habit of musing aloud, she had instantly fallen in love with it. It was a weird feeling for her, loving a person in the way she loved Joe. Boyfriends, dating, romance, and all those other words had never really existed in her vocabulary, or never relating to her, at least. She had always thought she was the one who would never find, well, someone like Joe, and she had been content with that thought; a romantic relationship was never really a big wish in her life. But now? Now that she had met Joe and all those things she had heard of but never experienced came rushing towards her and she was unprepared for how amazing it would be.
Back to top Go down
Joe Astrid
Graduate
Graduate
Joe Astrid

PostSubject: Re: Exams Are Hard (Bro)   Exams Are Hard (Bro) EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 10:03 am

To be honest, there were a multitude of ways he could answer her question. Of course, they were going fine, as things often did for the Hufflepuff in his usually oh-so average life. But having been apparently intelligent in muggle school, he found himself faced with the problem of not having a clue how to actually go about studying. Now, as he had been at this time last year, he was stuck pouring over books with no idea how the hell any of it was meant to sink in.

"How are you studies going?"

"Not too badly," he said finally, once again only able to speak the truth and nothing but it to the witch beside him. "I mean, it's starting to make sense, all this stuff. It's just coming to me about six years too late." He laughed softly, the complete veracity of his words amusing him more than anything else he had said. Herbology. That was the only thing that came naturally to Joe.

"I mean it," Joe murmured, tone light of course, absentmindedly twirling a few strands of her hair around his forefinger. He wasn't sure where he got the ideas to do any of the things he was doing from - probably films that he'd forced himself to sit through with his parents - but he hoped she wouldn't think he was being too invasive, because the idea of that terrified him. "You're going to do well. I know you are. The theory stuff all makes sense when you sit down to do them. Or at least, it did for me, anyway..."

Being useful was never something Joe was particularly good at, something he found was shining right through now. He was trying, bless him. He honestly was. Trying to find some way to make her feel better, that is. "I've never had to do this before, can you tell?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exams Are Hard (Bro)   Exams Are Hard (Bro) Empty

Back to top Go down

Exams Are Hard (Bro)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts, A Future :: Game 5 :: Hogwarts & UK-
Jump to: