Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eyes on me (Jake)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tessa Di Angelo
Unsorted
Tessa Di Angelo

Eyes on me (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Eyes on me (Jake)   Eyes on me (Jake) EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 10:39 am

Tessa Di Angelo strutted down the streets of Diagon Alley. All eyes were on her. But she ignored them; well most of them. A few glances she acknowledged with a wink, a smile or a nod. Even the occasional air kiss blown their way. She stepped into the Three Broomsticks and her usual waiter, Fernando, came over with her usual drink: A firewhiskey mixed with butterbeer.

She looked around to see who was watching her. Almost every single guy in the bar was gawking at her. Some were even drooling! Even the ones who were currently with other witches, who started yelling at them. She giggled and sipped her dirnk in victory.
Back to top Go down

Eyes on me (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes on me (Jake)   Eyes on me (Jake) EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 1:07 pm

After the attack on Salem, Jake had been a little shaken. Sure, it was normal, but these things were taking their toll. Nowhere was safe, but he could only thank the stars that everyone he cared about had gotten away safely. It was the usual Saturday night, Jake had just dropped Mari home after their dance class, but instead of heading home, the Quidditch star headed towards Diagon Alley.

Slipping in to the pub, Jake knew he needed to clear his mind for a bit. Ordering a Firewhiskey neat, Jake leant against the bar, looking in to his hand and the shot glass. Most of it he'd put behind him, but the questions of "what if" we're still troubling him. What if it had been Victoria who got hurt? Mari? Mary? Anyone?

It only made him want to join the Auror corps more now than ever before, despite the Black Widows being confirmed as disbanded. There were always going to be bad people in the world, and Jake was most definitely going to be among the first to help fight for the right cause. Everyone else in the pub was a blur to Jake, names and faces didn't matter right now.
Back to top Go down
Tessa Di Angelo
Unsorted
Tessa Di Angelo

Eyes on me (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes on me (Jake)   Eyes on me (Jake) EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 1:17 pm

Tessa just wanted to relax after the attack at Salem school of witchcraft and wizardry in America. She was back in London now and she was happy to be home. She had escaped the Aurors and was on the run, again.

She saw a man that she recognized from the psoters in her little sisters room. Jake Newbury. She walked over to him and cleared her throat, "Hello. Is this seat taken?" She smiled and nodded to the chair beside him.
Back to top Go down

Eyes on me (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes on me (Jake)   Eyes on me (Jake) EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 1:36 pm

"Hello. Is this seat taken?"

"Hi," Jake replied with a small smile before motioning for the witch to take the seat beside him. She was pretty enough, he guessed, from his brief glance in her direction, but Jake hadn't been overly interested in looking, if truth be told.

Lifting his glass to his lips, Jake downed the shot, closing his eyes momentarily to enjoy the burn as the liquid slid down his throat. Perhaps he would never get used to the burning sensation of the liquid. Placing the glass on the counter, Jake motioned for the barman to come over. "The same again, please. And whatever the lady beside me would like to drink, too." Jake told the man, though he didn't really look at the witch.
Back to top Go down
Tessa Di Angelo
Unsorted
Tessa Di Angelo

Eyes on me (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes on me (Jake)   Eyes on me (Jake) EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 2:03 pm

"A butterbeer mixed with firewhiskey. Thank you." Tessa nervously looked around to make sure the coast was clear. "You're Jake newbury? Right? I believe you have my sister in your class at Hogwarts. She goes on about you all the time. But who can blame her. Her name is Vanessa. Vanessa Di Angelo. ANd I am Tessa."

Tessa held out her hand for Jake to shake and gave him a warm smile. SHe hoped he wouldnt recognize her. If he did, she would either try to explain that she wasnt involved with the Black Widows anymore, or she would run.
Back to top Go down

Eyes on me (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes on me (Jake)   Eyes on me (Jake) EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 2:36 pm

Jake paid the barman, leaving a small tip for the two drinks. He had been intent on keeping to himself, Merlin knew that this bar was full of all sorts of people. But, his luck wasn't in that evening as the witch beside him decided to talk to him. At the mention of his name, Jake smiled at the witch. "Yes, I'm Jake." He replied softly, hoping that not too many people had heard because he most definitely didn't need a press shoot right now. Not with him in such a place.

"Oh, Vanessa! Yes, she's been to a couple of classes, not all mind. Is she okay?" Jake asked the witch, before taking her hand and giving her a warm smile. "It's nice to meet you, Tessa." Jake replied. He'd never met the witch in his life, and he always believed it was nice to meet new people when you could.

"So what brings you to such a gloomy pub?" He asked, letting out a soft chuckle. Now he looked, the witch was much too pretty to be frequenting such a place, but he'd seen worse. So much worse over the years.
Back to top Go down
Tessa Di Angelo
Unsorted
Tessa Di Angelo

Eyes on me (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes on me (Jake)   Eyes on me (Jake) EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 2:54 pm

"Shes been skipping classes has she? Oh we will be discussing this when I see her." Tessa knew that Vanessa ahd been having a hard time at school, but to skip classes? Unnacceptable. She sighed and looked around. "It is pretty dark isnt it?"

She sipped her drink and shrugged, "I just wanted to get away from everything in my life. I figured a good place to come was here. They would never look for me here." She shrugged softly and noticed as the door opened an auror stepped inside.
Back to top Go down

Eyes on me (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes on me (Jake)   Eyes on me (Jake) EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 8:39 am

"Shes been skipping classes has she? Oh we will be discussing this when I see her."

"I don't mean to get her in trouble!" Jake added quickly, realising that probably hadn't been the best manner of informing the witch that her sister hadn't been cming to class. Oh well, Jake thought, there was plently of worse things he could have said. "She probably has her reasons."

"I just wanted to get away from everything in my life. I figured a good place to come was here. They would never look for me here."

"Now that is most definitely something I can agree with!" Jake replied with a soft laugh. The door opened, someone strolled through the pub without a word, and noone paid any attention. Probably someone heading in to Diagon Alley for the late night shopping.

Jake paused, mulling over his drink. To be honest, he didn't know what else to say, so he thought he'd stick with silence rather than pestering the witch beside him.
Back to top Go down
Tessa Di Angelo
Unsorted
Tessa Di Angelo

Eyes on me (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes on me (Jake)   Eyes on me (Jake) EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 9:44 am

Tessa rolled her eyes in a playful way, "Dont worry, Jake. She wont get in trouble. We will just talk about it. No worries from her favorite teacher." Tessa sipped her drink and smiled playfully at him.

She finished her drink and placed it at the end of the table for the Barkeep to come and collect. She smiled thankfully when he came. She turned back to Jake and smiled softly, "So, how is Nessa doing? Is she adpating ok? Im so worried about her."
Back to top Go down

Eyes on me (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes on me (Jake)   Eyes on me (Jake) EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 1:55 pm

The conversation swung around to his teaching, and Jake groaned internally. To be quite honest he couldn't remember the witch coming to classes that year, though he couldn't be sure that was totally accurate. So, instead of making up random notes, Jake shrugged slightly.

"To be honest, I'm not sure." Jake told the witch beside him sheepishly. "I'm only at Hogwarts one day, and if people don't come to my lessons, I don't really have time to get to know them. But, I'm sure she's doing just fine." The Quidditch star supplied, because really that was all he could give the witch.
Back to top Go down
Tessa Di Angelo
Unsorted
Tessa Di Angelo

Eyes on me (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes on me (Jake)   Eyes on me (Jake) EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 2:35 pm

"Lets not talk about Vanessa or work anymore." She didnt want him asking what she did for a living. "So, Hake, tell me about you. What do you like to do in your free time?" She knew he was a quidditch star, but there had to be more to him than that.

She ordered another drink and sipped it. She smiled at the guy at the bar that was staring at her before turning back to Jake. "What makes Jake so... Jake?"
Back to top Go down

Eyes on me (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes on me (Jake)   Eyes on me (Jake) EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 4:16 pm

"So, Jake, tell me about you. What do you like to do in your free time?"

"Me? Not much really. I teach, and I train every day of the week. Normally I'm too tired by the time I get home, so I laze around watching TV. Or on the odd occasion I go to see friends. I'm not overly interesting, working seven days a week does that to you!" He told the witch with a light chuckle. Merlin he really did sound boring when he put it like that.

"What makes Jake so... Jake?"

"I'm just me, simple, boring Jake." The Quidditch star mused, looking sideways at the witch. "There's nothing about me that excites many people, so I doubt that you'd be any different." Jake told the witch, sipping his drink.

"But what about you, a young attractive woman like yourself must have some pretty interesting things hidden up her sleeve!"
Back to top Go down
Tessa Di Angelo
Unsorted
Tessa Di Angelo

Eyes on me (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes on me (Jake)   Eyes on me (Jake) EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:32 pm

"Well it sounds as if you have your life figured out then, Mr. Newbury." She smiled when he mentioned having tricks up her sleeve. "Trust me, sweetie. You have no idea what I have up my sleeve." She meant her mark of course. But he didnt know that. Nor did he need to know that. She did not need a battle on her hands or the Aurors on her tail for killing a well known quidditch player. Which would be the end result if he knew who she really was.

Back to top Go down

Eyes on me (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes on me (Jake)   Eyes on me (Jake) EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 3:21 pm

"Well it sounds as if you have your life figured out then, Mr. Newbury."

"Something like that." Jake replied with a small smirk, downing his drink. He probably should get going. He had things to do, afterall, and as fascinating as the witch beside him was, Jake wasn't overly in the mood for company that evening. So if he left now, before the drink started talking, he would be okay.

"Trust me, sweetie. You have no idea what I have up my sleeve."

"A wand and a flock of doves!" Jake teased in regards to their magical abilities. With that said, Jake put his glass back on the bar and stood from his seat. "It's been nice meeting you, Tessa, but I should probably head off. People to meet, places to be." He explained, pulling his jacket on to his shoulders. Jake didn't ask for her floo number, or give her his own, she didn't seem the type, if he was honest.

With a small nod of his head, Jake made to head out of the bar, his head comfortably numb from the alcohol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eyes on me (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes on me (Jake)   Eyes on me (Jake) Empty

Back to top Go down

Eyes on me (Jake)
Page 1 of 1