Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn) Empty
PostSubject: The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn)   The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn) EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 2:24 pm

After talking to Tess the Auror-to-be found it easier to concentrate on the task at hand, having had time to digest the butterflies in her stomach and find her center again. Partially she attributed her relatively smooth recovery from the dance to the token she wore, but a part of her liked to think she was just that good at what she loved to do.
Putting her by now empty glass on a table she continued to walk around, seemingly admiring her surroundings, including the high ceiling that just glittered from the magnificent chandeliers, though really Marilyn was mentally going through how one could perhaps enter the party through there and what to do if that were the case.
So in thought was she, that she didn't even notice the lovely young girl in the purple dress until she was right in front of her.
"Victoria! I apologize, I was in thought." The witch took the girl in with a small smile. Mari hadn't seen her since before her abduction, since the girl was much younger, in a wheelchair with her in the library, telling the elder girl about her love of dance. And yet, partially due to Jake's love of talking about her, Victoria's appearance didn't frighten her as Mary or Gavin's had. But Victoria was also much younger and so most likely wouldn't look at her with guilt or fear. But just as Victoria saw everyone, as potential friends, a quality that made Marilyn happy and worried at the same time and it also made her think of the stark contrast between herself and Victoria, though the difference didn't make her uncomfortable, but rather feel something akin to hope.
"You look stunning."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn)   The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn) EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 5:34 pm

The night was going well, even though they were only about halfway through the night. Victoria had a permanent smile on her lips, spreading from ear to ear. If that hadn't been enough, when Charlotte had pulled her from her drink back to the dance floor, Victoria's smile had grown more. Jake was in the middle of the dance floor, with a girl. No, a woman. The witch was uncertain as to who the witch was from the angle she was standing in, but as the couple turned, Victoria recognised the witch's face almost instantly.

Marilyn Caldwell.

The Marilyn Caldwell.

The Wormwood stood stunned as she took in the woman Jake had spoken of more and more often recently. He hadn't, however, mentioned that he was bringing Marilyn as her date, and Victoria was more than intrigued with her brother's secrecy.

Victoria hadn't had a moment longer to watch as another young man from Hogwarts asked her to dance. They had spent two dances together before Victoria excused herself in search of the witch who had been cuddling with her brother. Dancing, she corrected herself as she located the witch on the opposite side of the room.

The witch skipped over to Marilyn, her smile growing with each step that she took. It took a moment for the older witch to notice her but after a moment, Mari acknowledged her with a great compliment. The Wormwood's cheeks flamed a vibrant red. "Thank you! You look absolutely amazing too! I love your dress!" The witch gushed happily. "Are you enjoying yourself? I saw you dancing with Jake!"

And there it was, out in the open before Victoria could even register that she'd said so much so quickly. To redeem herself, the witch just innocently smiled up at Mari, waiting for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn)   The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn) EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 5:55 pm

"Thank you! You look absolutely amazing too! I love your dress! Are you enjoying yourself? I saw you dancing with Jake!"
The witch summoned all the self control in her body to not do a double take at the speed and intensity of Victoria's enthusiasm. Instead Marilyn just blinked and was silent for a split second, then smiling fondly and pulling the girl into a gentle and brief, but heartfelt hug.
"I've missed you, but Jake's been keeping me updated. And thank you, purple looks very good on you." Mari added, pretty sure that the color of a dress was an acceptable thing to compliment. Then, pushing her feelings back as much as possible, only the slightest pink in her cheeks, she attempted to answer as lightly as possible, "Ah, yes well we did technically come together, so one dance was a must. After all we have been taking dance class together, I hear I have you to thank for that, so thank you, I've really enjoyed it." And she did mean it, it had been a lot of fun to dance again, something she had been so afraid of trying again, but something that had also then and now again meant a great deal to her. And she'd been touched by the gesture, not having expected that from Jake. Then again, especially tonight, he seemed to be surprisin her more and more...
"So are you having fun? " Marilyn asked, the silver glitter ofer her cheeks crinkling with her smile as she looked around the room again, luckily not spotting any threats, but acutely looking more intensively than before now that Victoria was with her and if anything happened now she'd have to be ready to get Victoria out of danger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn)   The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 11:31 am

"I've missed you, but Jake's been keeping me updated. And thank you, purple looks very good on you."

"Jake said so too, when we went shopping! He was surprised when I didn't choose pink. A lot of people were surprised, actually..." The witch commented, a far away thought taking precedence on the witch's features as she tried to work out why everyone thought that she was going to pick pink. Sure, it was her favourite colour, but the dress she'd found hadn't come in that shade. "Updates? I'm not nearly exciting enough!" Victoria replied with a light chuckle, her life was hectic, but she doubted it would bring up anything interesting!

"I think you two looked amazing together." Victoria told the witch with a fond smile. Victoria had no notions of love, heartache, or acceptable timing between relationships. So none of that occurred to her as she looked on. All she'd seen was Jake looking thoroughly happy, and a smile on his lips that said he was completely relaxed with the witch.

"So are you having fun?"

"So much fun!" Victoria breathed happily. "I don't think I've stopped dancing for more than five minutes. The boys are so nice, and the girls all look so beautiful. I... It's magical!" The witch explained, but even that didn't seem enough. Mary had done well, her brother looked to be on top of the world, and quite honestly, Victoria felt like she was on top of the world too. "I don't think anything could make this better. What about you?" She asked softly.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn)   The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 11:52 am

"Jake said so too, when we went shopping! He was surprised when I didn't choose pink. A lot of people were surprised, actually..."

Marilyn didn't miss a beat in answering with "I cannot imagine why." with a smile, not a note of sarcasm in her voice, "Well, people will simply need to let you continue to surprise them. That's a good thing." She didn't have to heart to tell the girl that it was probably because Victoria was like the living embodiment of the color. So much so that Marilyn sometimes swore there could be a rainbow trailing behind the girl and it would not surprise anyone, that was simply how upbeat the girl always seemed.

"I think you two looked amazing together."
"Thank you, he's a very good dance partner by now."
The witch replied easily, her eyes finding him in the crowd as a smile grew on her face before she turned back to the bubbly girl in front of her. "Only stepped on my feet once" she joked with a laugh, deciding to keep her answers as simple and light as the girl seemed to see the world. Marilyn had almost denied there being any kind of 'together' but then she'd realized that Victoria probably didn't even mean that. With the youngest Newbury one could almost imagine the rose-tinted glasses on her pretty face.
And it was comforting, the way Victoria just always seemed to power on, come what may.
Smiling at how the girl gushed about how much fun she was having and how beautiful everything and everyone was, it was adorable. Even for someone as genuinly rough around the edges as Marilyn was.
"I don't think anything could make this better. What about you?"

The witch almost faltered at the question. Was she enjoying herself? The thought hadn't really occured to her apart from when she'd been dancing.
Of course, first and foremost, she was working. And while it was a job she loved intensly, fun wasn't really the word to express that. Not to mention that Victoria couldn't know that she was here as security.
Well, after a rough start she'd danced with Jake and while doing so she'd felt happy and calm, but as soon as it had ended she'd felt quite overwhelmed. And conflicted. Of course, she'd talked to Tess and that had cheered her up and helped her focus, but overall?
She wasn't sure.
So the smile on her face was a bit stiffer than the genuine one before had been as she nodded, "Yes, it's a beautiful ball. So, anyone special you've got an eye on tonight?" she teased, changing subject smoothly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn)   The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 4:05 pm

"Well, people will simply need to let you continue to surprise them. That's a good thing."

"I like surprises." Victoria replied with a wide smile. "And, I didn't actually pick the dress colour to purposefully not pink. It just... kind of happened..." She explained, not really thinking about it too much.

Victoria let out a small smile at the mention of Jake stepping on Marilyn's toes. "He does that sometimes. Like when we were little and we were dancing. But I think he grew out of that with practice." She explained to the witch with a warm smile. "But he is a great dancer and he said that the two of you have been getting so much better with their practice."

"Yes, it's a beautiful ball. So, anyone special you've got an eye on tonight?"

"Everyone's special!" Victoria replied, looking up at the witch for confirmation that this was okay. Victoria loved everybody. "There's Carson, Pronyma, Janique, Tristan, Isabelle, Angelo, Darron, Charlotte, Humphrey, oh and Professor Holmes!" The witch explained, counting on her fingers. "Oh! And of course, Mary. Mary is the most wonderful person!"

With the list done, Victoria paused recounting the names she'd spoken before smiling widely. "That's it." She nodded in confirmation.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn)   The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 4:32 pm

"He is a great dancer." she admitted, laughing lightly at the mental image of Jake as a a child dancing with a small Victoria. It was a very sweet thought and the fondness she felt was mixed with that stomach clench she quickly ignored in favor of focusing on the situation at hand.

Then Victoria started listing names as her eyes grew wider and wider as she went on. Att Professor Holmes she cover a choke with a cough and then realised what the young witch had understood from her question. And then she started laughing. A full, genuine laugh that she couldn't reign in immedietly .
"Oh that's, that's lovely, Victoria. " she managed chuckling, shaking her head, "Oh, love. You are a real joy, do you know that? Really." Oh she was so going to take the mickey with Jake later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn)   The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 4:49 pm

The witch simply nodded to Mari, before noting her brother on the dance floor, joining the dance off to a more upbeat song with the older students. In essence, her brother was simply a young man still trying to find his place in the adult world, but he loved nothing more than having fun. Something that his students likely picked up quite a lot. "Until he starts thinking he's really cool!" Victoria joked, motioning to Jake doing a very weird style of dancing she wasn't sure was a real kind of move.

"Oh that's, that's lovely, Victoria. " she managed chuckling, shaking her head, "Oh, love. You are a real joy, do you know that? Really."

"What did I do?" Victoria asked, wondering why the older witch was laughing at her list of people. They were all nice people... and she had been looking out for them all, all night. The Wormwood had absolutely no clue what Mari was finding funny, but she didn't dwell on it. "Yours is just Jake?" She asked, looking to the witch curiously.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn)   The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 5:04 pm

Marilyn laughed with Victoria watching Jake...dance. It was a little hopeless but fun to watch.
"Well he's definitely having fun." The witch nodded, enjoying the sight. The witch appreciated the moments when Jake was just silly, even if he didnt realise he was the source of her entertainment.
Victorias confusion was so innocent that she just shook her head, still chuckling slightly, but gently patting the girl on the shoulder in a reassuring way.
The witch's laughter faded quickly at the question Victoria asked,
"Yours is just Jake?" The witch nearly stopped breathing.
She bit her lip looking out at the dancing man she called her best friend, smiling again subconsciously, figuring that the girls innocence would serve her well now.
"Yeah, he is." Then looking back at the young witch , "Well you, too, of course!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn)   The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 1:13 am

The duo paused from talking for a moment, watching Jake dancing around. They both shared the smiling at the older man's dancing and they most definitely agreed on the fact he was having fun. It was only then that Victoria realised that it had been a long time since she had seen him like that.

The reason for that, however was still to be seen.

Mari's reply to her question brought a really wide grin from the younger witch. "That's really nice of you. Lots of people forget Jake is only human and put a lot on him. I'm glad you know he needs looking after too. " She said genuinely. "He needs his friends right now."

Because even if Jake never openly said he had been hurt in the recent months, it was a given. And Mari had been there for Jake more than the young witch could thank her for. Instead, she wrapped her arms around Mari in thanks. It would be one of those times Victoria would have to say what Jake couldn't, simply because she wasn't blinded by a reputation.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn)   The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 5:01 am

"That's really nice of you. Lots of people forget Jake is only human and put a lot on him. I'm glad you know he needs looking after too. "
The hug was a surprise. The witch was certainly not expecting that, no was she expecting the thank you speech from the young girl and suddenly she had the sneaking suspicion that despite her rose-tinted filter Victoria saw more than one would think. Though she didn't like to think of Jake hurting it was good to hear Victoria thought she was helping the man, even though Marilyn always felt that he helped her more than she helped him, no matter how hard she tried.
So Mari hugged Victoria back softly as to not mess up the young Wormwoods hair from the height difference and answered in a reassuring and somber tone,
"Well then no need to worry then, alright? I will always be there to look out for him, I promise." Marilyn released the girl from the hug with a small smile.
"Now, I think that there's a queue of people waiting to dance with you. You should indulge them." Looking around the witch added, "I'll rejoin your brother in a little while." That was only possibly true, she'd probably make another few rounds patrolling first, check on the exits. But at some point she'd go to find him.
Mari'd always have him in view anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn)   The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Princess and the Dragon (Victoria+Marilyn)
Page 1 of 1