Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Problem With Friends (Victoria)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Problem With Friends (Victoria) Empty
PostSubject: The Problem With Friends (Victoria)   The Problem With Friends (Victoria) EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 7:06 am

Of all the crazy, insane things Janique had ever done, attending an inter-school ball had to be near the top of her list. The main reason was because she didn't have a game going, and honestly saw no point in going alone, but there were other, less significant ones as well. In the end, she decided that it would be the best opportunity to pick up potential targets, and slipped on the first dress she found in her wardrobe. Her hair she left alone, not really bothering to do anything more than brush it.

Beneath her dress, which was thankfully long enough to drag on the floor, she wore sandals. Heels were only for show, when and if she wore a short dress in an attempt to please a game. Opening the doors to the main ballroom, she raised an eyebrow at the over decoration. Merlin, some people really had nothing better to do, she thought, resisting the urge to roll her eyes. Maybe it was a mistake to come, after all.

Ignoring everyone else, she made her way down the stairs, sighing softly to herself. Making her way through the crowd, she shot looks of disgust towards any and all couples that she passed. Romance just simply did not exist to her, and people were only fooling themselves when they claimed to 'be in love'. It would always end in heartbreak, anyway, so why bother trying? Sure, maybe a few happy years of marriage, but she knew that those never lasted.

The only thing that was remotely appealing about this whole ordeal was the buffet table, and Jani moved straight to the second ballroom, not pausing or stopping to greet anyone. Gathering up a plate of food for herself, she found an empty table in the corner of the room and began to eat, slowly and neatly, making sure not to drop anything on her dress.

As she ate, she glanced around the hall, watching groups of friends laughing and chatting over the food. Although she had always been a loner, never trusting anyone enough to call them a 'friend', she couldn't help but feel just a tad bit, well, lonely! It was a weird feeling to her, and she immediately pushed it aside. Loneliness was not something she would ever allow herself to feel, because it was a weakness. Needing or relying on friends was a weakness to Janique, and she would never allow herself to be weak. Bad things happened to those who were, that much she understood.

Janique's Dress:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Problem With Friends (Victoria)   The Problem With Friends (Victoria) EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 2:08 pm

The night had been a huge success, and so far they were only halfway through. Victoria had not stopped dancing as she moved from one partner to another. Tristan didn't seem to mind as she spoke to him between dance partners. He hadn't been overly comfortable dancing, something Victoria had picked up on quite early, so she wasn't going to force him. She could only hope the boy didn't think it was because she didn't like him, because she did!

As the song on came to an end, Victoria excused herself, she needed refreshments!

After helping herself to a glass of pink lemonade, Victoria scanned the room she was in for her friends. Her eyes finally came to stop on one girl sat on her own. Victoria's heart went out to the witch, and not a moment later, she was heading over to the table. "Do you mind if I join you?" Victoria asked softly, waiting for permission before she sat down.

"You look beautiful, by the way." Victoria added a moment later, smiling to the witch to show that she truly meant it. Though, Janique always looked beautiful, everyone looked so radiant that evening.

Victoria's Dress:

Victoria's Hair Style:

Victoria's Tiara:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Problem With Friends (Victoria)   The Problem With Friends (Victoria) EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 7:48 am

A few minutes had passed, and Janique was slowly making her way through the mountain of food she had taken. Movement from the entrance caught her eye, and she turned her head to glance at the person who had just entered. Immediately she caught sight of a purple dress, and it took her a few moments to place the Wormwood that had just walked in. Subtly taking her in, Jani raised an eyebrow as the tiara upon Victoria's head made itself known. While the dress wasn't too bad - Janique would have thought the girl would have chosen something pink and glittery - the diamond flowers around her head almost made Jani laugh.

Surprise momentarily took hold of the Nightshade's features when she saw Victoria heading towards her, but she caught it before too long had passed, changing it back to neutral.

"Do you mind if I join you?"

Janique was almost instantly put on guard. What other reason would someone have to join her than if they wanted something? Still, she decided, it would be interesting to see what kind of request Vic would have, and how she would make it known. Having made up her mind, she shook her head, waiting as the girl sat before she continued eating.

"You look beautiful, by the way."

A smile appeared, and she left it alone, knowing that Vic would interpret it in a different manner than the actual reason it was there. Buttering up was one of the most common and easiest game tactics, but there was always the risk that the person recognized the tactic, as Janique believed she did. Playing along, she pretended to accept the compliment. "Thank you!" she said, pausing for a moment. "You look amazing, too. Your tiara is so nice! Where did you get it?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Problem With Friends (Victoria)   The Problem With Friends (Victoria) EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 2:11 pm

When Janique said she didn't mind, Victoria carefully lowered herself in to the seat, grateful to finally take the weight off of ankles. "My feet are really hurting after so much dancing!" The witch told the Nightshade with a light chuckle, carefully rolling her ankles to ease the tension in them. "Have you danced with anyone yet?" The Wormwood asked, hoping that Janique had, such a beautiful girl should always be danced with, in Victoria's opinion.

"You look amazing, too. Your tiara is so nice! Where did you get it?"

A light flush touched Victoria's cheeks for the umpteenth time that evening. So many people had complimented how she looked it was so overwhelming Victoria wasn't sure what else she could do. A soft thank you escaped the witch as she looked away briefly to collect herself. The question on her tiara brought a smile to her face, however. "You know the jewellers in Greenswitch? The designer one? I found it in there when Jake took me to look for everything I would need. He didn't tell me how much it cost though, I just hope it wasn't too expensive..." The witch explained sincerely, Jake really had spent way too much on her, Victoria was overwhelmed, but he'd insisted she looked like a princess, and Merlin did Victoria feel like one today.

"Are you not enjoying the ball? Is that why you're sat here?" Victoria asked, still a little confused as to why Janique wasn't joining in with the party like everyone else was. Or, at least talking to the other people around. Surely the witch had friends here, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Problem With Friends (Victoria)   The Problem With Friends (Victoria) EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 7:37 am

"My feet are really hurting after so much dancing! Have you danced with anyone yet?"

Of course they do, Jani thought to herself. That's why when you don't run multiple games of the same kind in a row. Shaking her head, however, she gave a small smile to the girl and said, "No, dancing is not something I enjoy." That was true, although she didn't say that she had purposely gone for lessons to impress Callum and never had the chance to, which was something she was quite upset over. If she had managed to find a way to have done that, she knew the break up would have had even worse effect. Still, no point berating herself; it had been a good game nevertheless.

Pretending to listen, she made the appropriate noises as Victoria gave a no doubt long answer to the simple question. The only thing that made her actually respond was the Wormwood's last sentence. There was just something in the girl' stone of voice that suggested she wasn't joking around, and that came as a surprise to Jani. "I'm sure it wasn't or he wouldn't have bought it." She started, unsure of where the words had come from. She was not one for saying things like that. Merlin, it seemed as though she were losing her mind.

"Are you not enjoying the ball? Is that why you're sat here?"

Here we go, she thought, preparing herself for whatever Victoria would say next. It was a simple way of doing things, really. A commonly used tactic, one she didn't really like, for it was too easily spotted. Ask someone an 'innocent' question such as the one above, and once they reply, continue with your request as though an after thought, something along the lines of, 'That's a shame - and oh, by the way, could you do me a favour since you're already here?'.

"I see no point in attending balls alone," she replied, purposely leaving the door wide open. If Victoria had any intention of doing what Jani was sure the prefect wanted to, this would be the perfect opportunity. "I came because I thought it might be an interesting night, but I'm finding I might leave early. There's nothing much to do without a date, anyway."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Problem With Friends (Victoria)   The Problem With Friends (Victoria) EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:30 pm

"No, dancing is not something I enjoy."

Victoria nodded to the very short reply that the witch gave to her, not knowing what else to say. "That's a shame, a lot of the boys here are really good!" Victoria told the witch with a small smile, though she understood that dancing was never going to everyone's favourite game.

The comment about Jake made Victoria pause, trying to work out what the witch had meant by that as she cast a glance towards the main hall. True, Jake didn't go mental with the money he spent, but he wasn't thrifty either, he always looked good, looked after himself... No, Victoria had merely misunderstood, so she offered a small, but nervous smile to the witch beside her as a reply.

"I came because I thought it might be an interesting night, but I'm finding I might leave early. There's nothing much to do without a date, anyway."

Despite the witch's notion of not coming to a ball was silly, Victoria couldn't help but think that was precisely why she had come, because she hadn't been offered a date. Victoria felt sorry for the witch in that moment, not even sure where to begin on where to deal with it. "I'm sorry that you had to come alone, Janique. But I am, truly, glad you came." Victoria told the witch with a genuine smile. "But, who're you looking for?" The witch asked, a knowing smile touching her lips as she looked around them once more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Problem With Friends (Victoria)   The Problem With Friends (Victoria) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Problem With Friends (Victoria)
Page 1 of 1