Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari) Empty
PostSubject: Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari)   Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari) EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 2:17 pm

Marilyn had separated herself from the group and started to walk the perimiter, a glass of champagne in her hand so she looked like she was mingling at the party. The witch resisted the urge to run her fingers through her hair, since she had smoothed it to perfection. So she instead gripped her glass tighter as she looked around, turning to look out a window to hide how she was activating her earpiece tocontact Clement and Waters, "All clear in the east side of the Ballroom. Patrolling the round again. Will check in later." She then clicked it off and then whirled around in surprise, feeling a hand lightly on her arm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari)   Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari) EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 2:26 pm

Jake had been milling around the party freely since he broke away from Mari, Mary and Scarlett. Conversing with students, checking up on Victoria, and generally having a good time. The professor had captured quite a few of the girl's attention when he'd joined a group of them when Christina Milian's "Dip It Low" came on. He'd left the group laughing as they complimented his moves, he had to his surprise, out moved every single one of them with getting low to the floor and back up again without using his hands.

Professor Finn would like have something to say about his lack of professional behaviour by dancing with students, but Jake was more interested in having fun, and being remembered as the fun professor of both schools. Not a boring professor who sat on the side drinking champagne daintily.

After getting himself a drink, Jake had set about finding Mari again, to check up on how she was doing. He felt a little mean for leaving her earlier in the evening, but he'd felt uncomfortable. He would make it up to her though, he knew that much.

Spotting the witch by the window, Jake moved over to the witch, gently putting his hand on her arm. A bad move as he'd frightened the witch. "Sorry, Mari, didn't mean to scare you." Jake told the witch with an apprehensive smile. "Come dance with me?" He asked the witch, the music was all upbeat at the moment, and Jake knew the witch could dance in the traditional style, it would be fun to see her do something modern.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari)   Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari) EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 2:44 pm

Marilyn resisted the urge to purse her lips and sigh, but only barels. The witch was slightly offended still by his earlier display and also the fact that he'd left her over there all alone. But it was Jake. And unfortunately, that was enough to make her face him with a relatively neutral face.
"Jake, I'm working..." she looked around as if Clement could somehow sense that she was having a conversation that didn't have anything to do with Auror Duty.
But his face... "Okay, Okay but I need to keep my eyes open and if Clement grills me I'm going to get you."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari)   Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari) EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 3:05 pm

"Jake, I'm working..."

"So am I!" Jake replied cheekily, though of course his teaching job didn't pay (because he'd rather the schools kept the money than pay him unnecessarily), he was here as a member of staff. Not that Mari would need to know any of that, of course.

"Okay, Okay but I need to keep my eyes open and if Clement grills me I'm going to get you."

"He won't grill you, you're working undercover." Jake told the witch, taking her hand and leading her to the dance floor. When they reached it, Jake turned to the witch, the current song was coming to an end, but the DJ had been doing so well that evening that Jake was sure it was going to be another upbeat song.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to take a one song pause for a nice slow song, to let you all take a breather and all the lovers to take to the floor."

Jake could not... Looking to the DJ booth helplessly, the track changed and the room filled with the sound of the gentle opening to a song that was all too familiar to the Quidditch star. Turning his attention back to the witch, Jake shrugged slightly at her, putting his hands lightly on the witch's hips, knowing the usual hold for the song.

You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged
Oh I realize
It's hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And the darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small

"You're not going to believe me if I say this wasn't planned, are you?" Jake whispered in the witch's ear as they swayed gently from side to side.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari)   Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari) EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 3:18 pm

The witch followed him to the dance floor, prepared to get it over with, but then...
"Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to take a one song pause for a nice slow song, to let you all take a breather and all the lovers to take to the floor."

She closed her eyes and rubbed her temples with her fingers, then feeling his hands on her hips. Opening her eyes in surprise she relented and wrapped her arms around his neck as the song started up. It was a muggle song that she remembered from a long time ago.

"But I see your true colors shining through
I see your true colors
and that's why I love you..."

He leaned down to whisper in her ear "You're not going to believe me if I say this wasn't planned, are you?" and she just smiled, laughing slightly as she shook her head, "Not a chance, Newbury." the witch leaned her head on his shoulder before murmuring, "Don't leave me like that again, it was the epitome of awkward."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari)   Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari) EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 3:26 pm

"Not a chance, Newbury."

"Didn't think so." Jake muttered to himself, even though he was telling the truth, she wouldn't believe him. It had been nothing short of very bad timing, and Jake could already see some of the students whispering. But Jake ignored it, he'd made enough of a mess for one evening.

"Don't leave me like that again, it was the epitome of awkward."

"I won't leave you again." Jake replied softly, he did feel bad for what he'd done. "I'm sorry, I thought you were mad. I mean, I was tactless in my reply, I didn't mean it how it came out." He explained, this was nice, easy, comforting. "I merely meant you would be much too good for me even if you felt that way for a second, and... it's much too soon." He explained, not mentioning names because Mari would understand.

"It's one of those, it's not you it's me kind of situations." He joked softly, his hands moving to the small of her back. "I hope your watching the dance hall." He added a moment later, noting how relaxed the witch had become despite her earlier claim of "working".
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari)   Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari) EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 3:37 pm

Marilyn keep her eyes open, scanning the surroundings, noticing whispering students, but that wasn't a threat. Well, not the kind she was trained to look out for.
Thankfully Jake reassured her that he wouldn't leave her again.
"Good, I think I traumatized Mary with my small talk." she chuckled.
"I merely meant you would be much too good for me even if you felt that way for a second, and... it's much too soon."

"Too good for you? I'm not even going answer that, that's just ridiculous. You're my best friend, Jake. And I know." She didn't need to say anything else, if there was anything she felt other than friendly affection she would a) not admit it to herself and b) it was too soon. And not a good time for either of them.
"It's one of those, it's not you it's me kind of situations."
Marilyn laughed "Don't you dare use that line on me, Jake Henry Newbury," she laughed, "don't you dare. And I'm working, I can see most of the Hall from here and Waters is there. I'm not the only Auror here."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari)   Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari) EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 3:47 pm

"Good, I think I traumatized Mary with my small talk."

"Mary doesn't scare easily." Jake told the witch with a small smile. "She's nice, looks after Victoria for me. I doubt she's easily traumatized when she has to put up with the pinkness of Victoria." He joked, shaking his head slightly at the idea of small talk traumatising anyone.

When the witch told him he was being ridiculous, Jake let out a soft laugh. "Probably." He conceded in a soft whisper, resting his chin on top of the witch's head as he scanned behind her. Just to help out so that Clement wouldn't come down on her like a tonne of bricks.

"Don't you dare use that line on me, Jake Henry Newbury,"

As the witch laughed, Jake let out a soft chuckle. She was laughing, which was enough for him to know he'd been forgiven. "I dared." He reminded the witch playfully, batting away the use of his middle name with ease. Nobody used his full name like that, not even his mom when she was mad. Oddly, it brought a smile to his lips, though Jake didn't notice it himself.

Jake clocked Waters on the other side of the room who looked to be doing her job, at least, between rejecting some of the older male students. "It looks like she's taking this serious, yes." Jake teased Mari, knowing he'd probably get some kind of physical reprimand for that.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari)   Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari) EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 4:25 pm

"I saw Victoria when I came in, she looks beautiful. I hope she's having fun." she responded softly as they swayed. "And I remember Mary...we used to be friends. She is nice indeed. I feel sorry that I can't give her what she wants..." she sighed softly against his shoulder, smiling when he rested his chin on the top of her head and conceded.
Wen she heard him chuckle she knew that they would be just fine, that they were still best friends, no matter what, and it made her happy. To be reassured that nothing could shake their friendship. Even if this evening was turning out a lot differently than she'd thought.
"It looks like she's taking this serious, yes."

She pulled his hair gently at his jibe and groaned, "Poor Waters. She does look gorgeous though. If she wasn't my partner...I would totally try to take her home." she chuckled, "Hope she's holding up well. What am I saying? She's about as no-nonsense as I am, she can definitly hold her own." the auror in training smiled, swaying to the song. "This is a great song..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari)   Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari) EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 11:33 am

"I saw Victoria when I came in, she looks beautiful. I hope she's having fun."

"She is beautiful." Jake whispered back, his eyes scanning the hall to find where the witch was. She was dancing, like always with a boy Jake didn't quite recognise, but the smile on her face told Jake that she was having fun and that was all he could ever have asked for that evening.

The pull on his hair made Jake let out a soft "ow" before he chuckled. The comments on Waters' appearance made the boy smirk. "She does look great." He conceded, eyeing the other Auror for a moment. "Seeing as I'm not her partner, does that mean I can take her home?" He joked, his laddish persona flickering in to existence. He couldn't help it, the blonde looked so good, and Jake did not have a problem adding her to his list of conquests.

"This is a great song..."

Jake let out a soft "mm" in agreement, his lips beginning to form the words as they swayed. Softly sung for only the witch in his arms to hear. A kind of serenade that hadn't been meant with a song that fit their friendship so well, even if Jake didn't realise it.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari)   Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari) EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 11:55 am

"Seeing as I'm not her partner, does that mean I can take her home?"
Marilyn shot a glare up at him at the comment and shook her head silently, then deciding to tease him, "She's way too smart to fall for your boyish charms. And we're working!" She had her eyes open and was thankfully boosted by the token she wore so she could relax slightly and still have the room in control. She had to focus more consciously with Jake though, an unfamiliar warmth spreading in her stomach much like the feeling she'd had when instructed that she was in charge of the main room, but...different. When he started singing for her the warmth spread to her cheeks and she was never before so grateful for the height difference so he couldn't quite see her cheeks if she stayed tucked where she was, though he may have noticed that she seemed to tuck her face away the tiniest bit more than before. But the witch couldn't help the smile on her face, listening to his soft voice made the warmth in her stomach clench in a way that wasn't entirely unpleasent.  
For the first time since her abduction the witch felt that if this moment were to just go on forever, the words of a song that fit them, unknowingly, so well in the air, the smell of mint in her senses, she wouldn't really mind.
"You should sing for me more often" the witch sighed softly with a smile, in that moment completely happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari)   Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari) EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 2:07 pm

"She's way too smart to fall for your boyish charms. And we're working!"

The sentence along with the glare made Jake laugh softly. "Teasing." Jake told the witch, he had other things to be doing tonight, but he might be able to catch the witch before they all left tonight. But Mari definitely didn't need to know such plans.

Whatever was going on with Mari, Jake didn't notice. He was comfortable, singing along to a song his mom loved, holding one of his best friends close and totally getting lost in the moment. The world was unimportant in such moments, Jake decided, because it was in this moment he could just be... Jake.

"You should sing for me more often"

Jake's smile grew at her words, he wouldn't deny her that much. The Quidditch star was always singing when there was music on. It was just an age old thing that he always did. As the words ended, Jake looked down at the witch. "I'll keep that noted." He assured the witch, leaning down and kissing her cheek. "Thank you for dancing with me, I'll let you get back to work." He told the witch, letting go of her and heading off to find his next dance partner, or partners if the music upped it's tempo again.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari)   Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari) EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 2:21 pm

"Thank you for dancing with me, I'll let you get back to work."

Kissing his cheek and giving him a smile the witch thanked him briefly, quickly turning to walk away. Another status report would be due soon so she decided to circe the perimiter again, perhaps from above so to get a better overview. Then she needed to check in with Waters to see how her patrol was going. All of the sudden the ballroom felt too small and the smell of mint that lingered was suddenly overbearing, perhaps she needed to clear her head, get rid of whatever was making her feel so strange.
Mari could feel a headache coming on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari)   Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari) Empty

Back to top Go down

Make it up to you. (Jake+Mari)
Page 1 of 1