Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Homesick (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alec House
Wormwood Third Year
Wormwood Third Year
Alec House

Homesick (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Homesick (Open)   Homesick (Open) EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 9:56 pm

Alec appeared to be reading a book about healing spells but in reality his thoughts were distracting him from the words. He really wanted to send a letter to his Dad but wondered what would happen if he got it at work. That would be a disaster and Alec would get into so much trouble. He could tell that Dad wasn't completely approving of him being a Wizard but it's not like Alec can change who he is! Alec decided to write a letter even if he didn't send it.

Hey Dad, it's Alec. I know I haven't sent a letter the whole time I've been at Salem.

Alec had figured his Dad really didn't care if he got a letter or not. Alec continued to write.

It's a lot different here then at home in New Jersey. I hope you haven't gotten into too much trouble while I've been gone. Are you stuck on a case right now? If you need my help you can always write to me.

Alec House

Alec sighed and threw the letter on the ground. Until now Alec hasn't felt homesick at all. Dad was probably glad that he wasn't at home. Alec always seemed to be in the way ever since he's met him. Alec tried to shove those thought aside by attempting to read again.
Back to top Go down

Homesick (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homesick (Open)   Homesick (Open) EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 2:02 am

Since the news of the ball, and her invite to go with Tristan, Victoria had been more bubbly than ever before. Her brother had met her in Greenswitch and taken her dress shopping, they'd spent an age, but Jake had told the witch she could have anything she wanted. The witch had found the perfect dress and now she was simply so excited for the whole thing she couldn't stop talking to people about it.

Which was never good when you had exams to get ready for!

Entering the common room, Victoria noted it was relatively quiet. And that there was a boy in here that she didn't know. Moving over to him, noting he'd dropped a piece of paper, Victoria bent down and picked it up before putting it in front of him. "Hi, is everything okay?" Victoria asked softly, her smile still there but not quite so wide in case the boy wasn't okay. "I'm Victoria, I don't think we've met before!" She added, holding out her hand to the boy.
Back to top Go down
Alec House
Wormwood Third Year
Wormwood Third Year
Alec House

Homesick (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homesick (Open)   Homesick (Open) EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 11:56 am

Alec looked up from his book when a girl asked him how he was. "I'm just a bit homesick." Alec said and looked at the letter that was in front of him on again. "and I'm still not used to being a Wizard." Alec said and crumbled up the letter. The girl introduced herself as Victoria and held her hand out for Alec to shake. "Name's Alec House by the way." Alec replied and shook Victoria's hand. Alec's conversation skills were basically exhausted at this point. Alec looked at his book and considered talking about that. Alec mentally slapped his self. He'd seem like a huge nerd. Alec had no idea what to say so he just smiled awkwardly.
Back to top Go down

Homesick (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homesick (Open)   Homesick (Open) EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 12:32 pm

When the boy explained as to what was wrong, Victoria's heart melted justĀ a little bit. The boy, who she guessed was either a first or second year, given his height, was missing home. "That's not good." Victoria told the boy softly, taking the free seat beside him. She ignored the fact he crumpled the paper up, obviously he didn't need it. "Is there anything I can do to help?" The witch asked softly, always one to help others as and when they needed it.

When the boy introduced himself, Victoria smiled. "It's very nice to meet you, Alec." She replied genuinely, it was a nice name, she decided. When the boy looked to his book, Victoria looked too, not quite able to make out the cover. "What are you reading?" Victoria asked, her enthusiasm for books quite clear as she tried to see.
Back to top Go down
Alec House
Wormwood Third Year
Wormwood Third Year
Alec House

Homesick (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homesick (Open)   Homesick (Open) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 11:27 am

"It's a book about basic healing spells. Just some light reading" Alec said. Looked out a window. Much to his surprise he saw a owl fly up and tap on the glass. Alec could see that the letter in the owl's talons was addressed to him. Alec walked over to the window to open it and take the letter. Once he got the letter the owl flew off. Alec stared at his name on the envelope. It was in his Dad's handwriting. Alec's eyes widened. Did something happen to dad? He ripped open the letter and read it.

Alec,

I got a job at Salem as the Muggle Studies professor. I'll be at Salem in a few day's to get used to the school again.

Don't be an idiot,

Greg House

"What?" Alec said. He didn't even know that dad was looking for another job. Let alone a professor!
Back to top Go down

Homesick (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homesick (Open)   Homesick (Open) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 2:27 pm

"It's a book about basic healing spells. Just some light reading"

"Oh? That's great!" She told him enthusiastically, she'd always been a fan of the spells that did good as opposed to those who caused people harm. "Do you intend to be a Healer when you leave school?" Victoria asked, smiling warmly. She had thought about her career so many times, and still wasn't sure on what to do.

At that moment, a knock at the window alerted them to a post. Victoria was used to the owls so this wasn't much of a surprise to her, and it seemed the young boy had mail. When he asked a question, Victoria looked confused at him. "What's wrong?" She asked softly.
Back to top Go down
Alec House
Wormwood Third Year
Wormwood Third Year
Alec House

Homesick (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homesick (Open)   Homesick (Open) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 10:23 am

"A healer yeah I've been thinking about that." Alec said as he continued to stare at the letter. It was enough of a surprise to just get a letter but what it said was confused him. Was Dad joking? Alec wouldn't be surprised if it was a joke. Maybe he lost a bet? He does tend to gamble a lot. What kind of bet would he of had to lose to be forced to scare the crap out of his son? Probably not a big one. "I never get letters and not in a million years would I expect my Dad to send me one." Alec told Victoria. Alec wondered if he should tell her about what the letter said. If it wasn't a joke then he should but that was the problem. Alec had no idea if it was a joke. "It says he got a job here as the new Muggle Studies Professor. I don't know if he's joking though" Alec said. He kind of hoped it was a joke. It would be so awkward if his Dad was here.
Back to top Go down

Homesick (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homesick (Open)   Homesick (Open) EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 10:48 am

"A healer yeah I've been thinking about that."

"That sounds exciting! Have you decided which field you'd like to go into yet, or is that still open until you've done the lessons at University?" The witch asked, quite excited at the prospects of being a Healer. It was on the witch's list when she finally came to making a decision, with all the help the position offered to other people, it was most definitely a popular idea in the witch's mind.

When the boy explained that he never got letters, Victoria couldn't help but feel bad for the boy. "I'm sure it's just because he's busy." The older Wormwood offered, hoping that Alec would at least find that comforting if nothing else in that moment.

"It says he got a job here as the new Muggle Studies Professor. I don't know if he's joking though"

"Oh! I heard the old teacher had left, so that's perfectly plausible!" Victoria offered once more. "But if you'd like me to, I can check with my brother Jake. He works here, so he'll be able to tell me if that's true!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Homesick (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homesick (Open)   Homesick (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Homesick (Open)
Page 1 of 1