Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

End of the Year Ball: Main Thread

Go down 
+14
Cassidy Young
Isabelle Dimonté
Alec House
Stacy Mistle
Michelle Hastings
Greg House
Beatrice Lamarche
Louise Grey
Scarlett Waters
Mari Caldwell
Pronyma Youngblood
Carson Harper-Conrad
Mary McNeely
Tess Holmes
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 2:48 pm

Tess was glad that everyone was mingling, from younger faces to older faces, it seemed that everyone was taking it in. She only wished the butterflies in her stomach would stop fluttering. Once their little speeches were made, she was glad to mingle. Everyone looked so lovely, and she was surprised by the fact while there were much more beautiful girls, she still felt okay too. Walking around, she greeted a few familiar faces, walking with Mary. Both had gone stag it seemed, and the nerves were on her too.

Tess slid her hands on her waist nervously, her fingers touching the holster where her wand was strapped to her thigh. It was weird to carry, but she always took precaution. She turned to Mary and grinned.

"Everyone looks like they're having a good time! I'm so relieved"

Looking over she saw younger students entering, one in a particularly pink/purple shaded dress, who looked like she won some prize by the smile on her face. She looked very beautiful, but her mind couldn't place here, or if she even knew her. Looking around, she was surprised to find a boy in front of them introducing himself.

Carson. She smiled politely and blushed at the pleasantries. He seemed like a charmer, especially from the easy grin on his face. She laughed softly and turned to Mary asking her if she was going to go dance with him. She didn't mind staying behind, she was used to it.

"Evening, Carson. I suggest you take this one, Tess," Mary commented kindly. "I've had the pleasure of meeting Carson already and you haven't."

Looking back at Mary, she turned to Carson and gave him an easy smile. She would have never accepted, it wasn't like her, but tonight, she wanted to enjoy it. She offered her hand lightly and nodded.

"Carson, I'd love to dance with you." she said softly.

Before they could leave, Jake walked towards them and a softer smile eased itself on her. He looked very handsome in his suit, but he always was handsome.

"Jake! I'm glad to see you here, especially after all the work you've helped us do. Thank you" she said softly before walking towards the dance floor with the Belladonna prefect.

Despite her shy disposition, she was never shy on the dance floor. It was second nature to her to dance, taught at a young age. But this boy was a stranger, but she tried to act calm and not so introverted.

"You looked handsome this evening Carson, I'm surprised a guy like you doesn't have a date" she said curiously, "but I'm glad I get one dance with a mysterious stranger" she teased.

Looking up she saw Josh and Louise entering. She casually waved at him when he greeted her in his odd way as he did. Turning back to Carson she figured, if she felt butterflies out of nervousness, she could try to be a social butterfly herself.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 3:07 pm

Mary smiled at Mari, genuinely happy that the witch was encouraging her. She waved at Jake, while saying goodbye softly, as she didn't really have time for anything else. The situation was beyond awkward and Mary started fidgeting with her fingers, but beamed at Mari nevertheless. "Thanks! And I'm prepared to work hard no matter what, so..." The witch tried to make it sounds as if it was no big deal, but the truth was, she was scared. Now that the exams were finally over and there was nothing to do but wait for results, panic started seeping in her mind. Before this, she didn't even have time to think of her time in Auror squad, as she was too busy worrying over NEWTs. But these days she laid awake in her bed, with dread filling her whole mind, telling her she'll probably fail.

"I just hope I'll get there. I'll figure out the rest then." Mary nodded with a firm smile, telling herself everything will be okay and doubting it all along. "So, how did you meet Jake? I had no idea you two knew each other." It made sense, of course, they were from the same school, but Mary never got the feeling they hung out in the same circles.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 3:27 pm

"Well as I know Jake he'll help you through. Not that you need it, I'm sure you'll do fine." Marilyn smiled, but it was hard. It was hard to pretend to socialize easily, like it was second nature. In future she was going to leave such things to Waters.
But now she had to hold out.
"So, how did you meet Jake? I had no idea you two knew each other."

The witch faltered for a moment before deciding to just tell the truth, "Well Jake sort of appointed himself with being in charge of my rehabilitation after...my return. And we just became close over that. He's my best friend." With a quick smile she looked over to the entrance and saw a girl arrive as well. No danger though, yet.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 4:06 pm

"I know." Mary nodded in reply, still smiling warmly. She wondered how long she could pretend nothing was awkward and with Mari's next reply came the answer. Not long at all.

"Well Jake sort of appointed himself with being in charge of my rehabilitation after...my return. And we just became close over that. He's my best friend."

"Oh." The witch said lamely. "I'm happy he did." she commented, desperately trying to think of words. "He's a great friend and...and so are you. Also," Mary drew a deep breath, hoping she won't insult the witch. "I'm really happy you're back. Missed you." she smiled, still fidgeting with her fingers. She wished there was a manual to tell you how to react in a situation like that, in any given awkward situation, really.

After some excruciating minutes spent in silence, Mary couldn't take it anymore and decided to save them both. "I'm so sorry, I have to excuse myself. I have to mingle. Hope you enjoy your night!" she told Mari, giving her a sincerely kind smile, nodded at Scarlett Waters and left their company to greet some newcomers.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 4:36 pm

Marilyn opened her mouth and closed it again. She had absolutely no idea what to say, she knew what Mary wanted, it was easy to tell, she wanted her friend back. But there was no way to get her back, she was gone. And she couldn't pretend anymore, it was torture.
"I'm so sorry, I have to excuse myself. I have to mingle. Hope you enjoy your night!"
"I- You, too." she answered, taking a deep breath once she was gone, then turning to face Waters.
"Waters- Scarlett. Please do not let me make anymore small talk this evening, it is not my forté." She sighed, moving to stand next to her partner, scanning the area.
"Do you want to take the west side and I'll take the east. Patrol the sides and use the earpiece to give each other a status report?"
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Lamarche
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Beatrice Lamarche

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 6:29 pm

Beatrice had finished her exams at Beauxbatons and successfully passed the exams needed to transfer to Hogwarts. The latter weren't especially difficult and really, the only point of them was to see if she could speak English well enough to attend the school. She could, of course, seeing as her parents made sure their children spoke English and German fluently, along with French. She spoke with an accent in both foreign languages, but it wasn't particularly thick, so she wasn't worried.

The French witch had intended on going to Hogwarts in September, along with other students, but her parents made arrangements with the Headmaster, so she could get Sorted and shown around the school. It was a nice castle, she thought. Quite big and easy to lose yourself in, but it had loads of little nooks and crannies where she expected she could read in peace. Headmaster, Mycroft Holmes (Beatrice was incredibly amused by his name and wondered whether he was familiar with Doyle's work) was curt, but kind and she could see herself enjoying his lessons. The man looked like a chiseled Greek god, but he also seemed like a good man and Beatrice liked him. The strange Hat sorted her into Ravenclaw, which made her parents incredibly proud, but had no real significance to Beatrice. She never really thought of herself as particularly intelligent, but she could go along with it. She loved books and Muggle movies more than anything, so she supposed it was fitting. Nerds stuck together, after all.

Apparently, her new school was throwing a Ball. At another school. In America.

Beatrice hadn't really listened to her Maman when she told her about it, so it was all a bit confusing. But she figured she might as well meet her new classmates when she was dressed really pretty, rather than in a school uniform. She picked out a dress with Maman and actually got one that she liked. The colour clashed well with her dark skin, the pattern on the light metal-like material looked like something a knight princess might wear and all in all, it was beautiful.

On the evening of the Ball, Beatrice floo-ed to the American school from her home, promising her parents she'll have a nice time and will be home by midnight. 'Like Cinderella,' the Ravenclaw mused. 'Maybe I'll meet my Prince Charming, as well. Or Princess Charming. Or just someone Charming.'

She stepped out of the hearth, going over her dress with her wand to rid herself of dust and then looked around. Even the hallway the Floo-Network was in looked grand and Beatrice marveled at it all as she made her way to the adjoining room. Wow. Yeah. Beatrice looked up at the breath-taking (literally!) staircase, trying to take it all in. The room was filled with beautiful people and as she was standing there, no doubt looking like a complete idiot, she was approached by a brunette in a stunning dress.

"Hello, I'm Mary McNeely, welcome to Salem!" After Beatrice introduced herself and was taken aback by her French accent, Mary went on to explain where everything was. The now-Hogwarts student thanked her and then made her way to the main ballroom. Spotting a refreshments table, she walked over to it, getting herself a pumpkin juice.

She spent a few minutes just standing there, but then she saw someone else was doing the exact same thing. "Bonjour, je m'app- I'm Beatrice Lamarche. Are you having fun?" she asked the younger girl (ooc: Estelle) and had to remind herself not to speak french. 'You're not in Kansas anymore, Dorothy.' she told herself, appreciating the irony that she was actually much closer to Kansas than ever.

Beatrice's Dress::
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 7:26 pm

Was that a stammer? Surly not. Louise kept her serene smile as she walked beside Josh into the main ballroom, giving a small wave to Tess in greeting, thinking over Josh's question on where she'd rather be she had a few answers waiting to fall off her tongue and none were in this room. The quidditch pitch, reading or anything else but here came to mind.She was sure she imagined him feeling the ring on her left hand, but it just made her smile more either way. She hadn't taken it off once since he'd given it to her, save for briefly when bathing or showering but it went right back on when she was done. Not wanting to loose it by accident.

Hmm, it was a long while ago now when they'd last danced together. Hmm maybe it would be safer to do something else first while she worked on gaining some nerve to ask him to dance. "I wouldn't say no to some punch first, the maids wouldn't let me eat or drink anything while they were helping me get ready."

While they walked she could see a few faces she recognized but so so many more that she didn't. She hoped she wouldn't show how nervous she was feeling, this was way too many people in one room. It was fine during quidditch because they were all in the stands but here there was always someone within arms reach. She touched the pendant on her neck lightly remembering what Desmond had said to her when he gave it to her. If she found herself in trouble she'd just need to say a secret word out loud to activate it and she'd be taken somewhere safe. She still hadn't found out where it took her and she wasn't sure she wanted to find out.
Back to top Go down
Greg House
Salem Professor
Salem Professor
Greg House

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 9:19 pm

Greg walked into the main ballroom. It seemed a lot of people were here already. Greg stopped and stood at the side lines. There was no way he was going to dance even if he could. Greg glanced at his leg. At least it was being fairly cooperative today. Greg hoped he'd go unnoticed. He hates social interaction but since he's a new Professor Greg knew someone talk to him at any moment. Greg also figured he'd get asked a lot of questions about his leg. Freaking Death Eaters if only he minded his own business. Greg shook his head. Why did he let his son Alec drag him to the ball? He wondered if he was even going to show up. "Kids these days..." Greg muttered to himself.

Greg's Attire:
Back to top Go down
Michelle Hastings
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Michelle Hastings

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 5:45 am

Michelle had spent much time in her common room choosing for dress for herself. She wasn't sure if she would wear pink, red or purple dress. She at the end did choose purple one. She did do even herself a hair, basically just did make it to be curly. She didn't want to have these special hairstyles, she didn't really like them so much. She did do even a make up. After putting dress on and even tiara she was ready to go.

Michelle walked into the main ballroom, there she saw already many people. She knew few of them. She did hope that Aaron will come here too today. She wasn't sure what they were exactly but she did like him very much actually they doesn't know eachothers yet very long time but she likes him already. She really hoped him to come. She wondered what she should do now here.

Dress:
Tiara:
Back to top Go down
Stacy Mistle
Ravenclaw Sixth Year
Ravenclaw Sixth Year
Stacy Mistle

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 6:07 am

Stacy had decided to go that end of the year ball. It sounded like good idea. She did choose herself a light blue dress. She did went to buy it even. It just sounded like good idea since she didn't really had any prom dresses with her in school and also at home she didn't had them. She liked her choice and she did let her to do a hairstyle too. She did put hen make up on, dress and even tiara. Then she did travel with floo to the Salem where it took place.

She soon walked into the main ballroom and looked around there. She hoped to see her few familiar faces too. She had no idea how this ball will go for her. She hoped also that she will have here much fun.

Dress:

Hairstyle:
Tiara:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 11:45 am

"I wouldn't say no to some punch first, the maids wouldn't let me eat or drink anything while they were helping me get ready."

"Grey." Josh replied, his tone indicating he was annoyed with that statement. "You're going to be a Murray for Merlin's sake." He reminded her, shaking his head. How was she ever going to be Lady Murray when she couldn't even control her staff? It seemed lessons had been lacking. "The maids don't rule you, if you want something, you will have it. I will have words with them, to see that it doesn't happen again."

But the rest of what she asked was Josh's way of pleasing the witch.

There wasn't much Josh knew about feelings, less so of females, but he did know that girls liked these things. Liked feeling pretty, and... well, like a princess. And though Josh had already given her that with the ring on her finger, he supposed he should make an effort tonight too. So, leading the witch towards the punch bowl, Josh poured the witch a drink and held it out to her. One night couldn't possibly kill him, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 12:40 pm

A ball? A god forsaken ball. Gina was so not looking forward to this. The witch was petrified. No, that wasn't even close to what she was feeling. Her frame was shaking, and the Hufflepuff Common Room had not had anything to settle her nerves. She was a wreck. The witch had almost thought about not attending the damn thing, but she knew that if her parents didn't get a photo, they would be unhappy.

Taking a deep breath once more, Gina looked in the mirror and straightened her silver tie. To hell with dresses, she was going to be comfortable, and Merlin did her reflection scream hot stuff!

With a smirk on her lips, the Hufflepuff had moved to the Floo Network, waiting her turn before she stepped out in to the castle that was unfamiliar. The slight odd looks from fellow students made the witch's smirk grow. Narrow-minded asses, she thought, moving through in to the main hall.

Even Gina in her most ungirly of manners felt overwhelmed with the beauty of the whole room. "Wow..." The witch breathed, taking in the marvellous lay out. And that wasn't even touching on the many beautiful women in this room.

And guys, Gina. Guys are more important.

The witch moved through the crowds, mainly unnoticed because she'd always been so, taking in the beauty of the place, but not moving to interact with anyone until she was sure she was comfortable.

Gina's attire:
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 1:58 pm

Oh bugger! She'd annoyed him, not a good start. She almost sighed but he surprised her by promising to talk with the maids. She smiled for him then and gave his arm a brief squeeze in thanks. Once at the refreshment table she let go for him to pour the drinks and took it gratefully. "Thank you." she took a few sips so she wouldn't smudge the lipstick that had taken ages to put on just right.

She wasn't sure what to talk about with him, she realized they never really had much of a conversation that wasn't about how she behaved or what was going to happen. He didn't seem the type for idle chatter either, however the silence would get awkward if neither said anything anytime soon. Oh! "I was thinking..perhaps I should get a job during the summer...something small. Just to keep me occupied and out of the way for a bit. What do you think?" She asked, perhaps it'd be something to talk about though she had a feeling she knew what he'd say but there was no harm in asking right?
Back to top Go down
Alec House
Wormwood Third Year
Wormwood Third Year
Alec House

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Alec glanced around the ball room. He somehow managed to convince his dad to come. He's a freaking professor and Alec almost had to drag him here. Alec saw his dad on the sidelines and went the opposite direction. He didn't want to here his dad's complaints right now. Alec's dad complains about everything. Alec still wonders if he likes anything at all. Alec walked slowly around the ball room. Hopefully no one would ask him to dance. He did highly doubt that he'd be asked anyway. He's only a first year. Alec wondered why he didn't grab a book. Reading is much more entertaining then watching people dance.

Alec's Suit:
Back to top Go down
Isabelle Dimonté
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Isabelle Dimonté

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:34 am

It had taken a considerable amount of makeup to cover the marks that still adorned her wrists, and to be honest, getting the guts to come to the ball in the first place had taken a long time. Every night, the Wormwood was plagued with nightmares of what had happened, of waking up in that cold, damp room. But in her dreams, instead of the blonde lady appearing, it was always some kind of beast that would bare it's teeth at her and snarl and growl until she screamed herself awake.

Tonight would be different, though. She was going to dress up and look pretty and feel great and damnit, Isabelle was going to have fun even if it killed her. With a smile plastered onto her face and her hair finally braided to satisfaction, she clicked and clacked down the halls until she arrived at the main ballroom. She didn't know exactly what she was hoping would happen; maybe a cute boy would ask her to dance or maybe she would just sit and revel in other people's happiness, like she always did, but either way, the girl was was going to make it enjoyable for herself somehow.

Her feet carried her down the stairs and her eyes lit up completely at the way her school looked. It was like a dream, like a fairytale, and for a moment she forgot why she ever had reason to be sad. The Wormwood looked around when she reached the bottom of the staircase, her hand still lingering on the bannister as she tried to find someone she could talk to for a short while. Smiling slightly to herself, the girl walked effortlessly over to Victoria, her only real friend, recognising the boy she was chatting to in an instant.

He had been there too. When she woke up, his voice was what assured her she was going to be okay, and never had she actually thanked him for how much he had helped. They looked in conversation, though, and never the kind to interrupt, she waited a few moments before allowing her presence to be known with a soft hello to the pair.

Dress;
Spoiler:
Shoes;
Spoiler:
Hair;
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 1:57 pm

"Hi" she said ending up by Victoria. "Hey uhh..I don't think you've met my date. Cleaning broom."

The witch, who Victoria assumed to be from Hogwarts, that arrived in front of them was beautiful, in Victoria's opinion. Not to mention funny. The Wormwood let out a soft giggle at her introduction to her date, obviously she hadn't been asked, which was a crying shame. Victoria wished she could have more than one date so that no one had to come alone, but apparently that wasn't acceptable...

"I don't think you're the only one!" Victoria told the witch, before extending her hand. "I'm Victoria, by the way, Victoria Newbury. I study at Salem. It's very nice to meet you!"

Shortly after her introduction, Victoria noticed her fellow Wormwood, Isabelle. The witch had been off the radar for a little while, and Victoria hadn't mentioned it when she came back. But now she was here, the older Wormwood wasn't going to let her be left out. "Isabelle!" She greeted, pulling her friend in to a small hug before stepping back to take her in. "You look... Amazing!" The witch told her. "I absolutely love your dress, well, everything! Beautiful, just beautiful!" She told the witch excitedly.

"Oh, and Isabelle, this is Tristan, and my new friend..." Victoria paused, looking to the other Hogwartian to give her name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 2:50 pm

The silence as they took sips of the punch was comfortable for Josh. He never much liked talking anyways. Idle talk was a waste, and when you were talking, you weren't taking time to analyse your surroundings. Which, for tonight meant quite a lot more than most people in this room believed. And, on a certain level showed the Belle's from the beastly looking women on offer at the school.

"I was thinking... perhaps I should get a job during the summer...something small. Just to keep me occupied and out of the way for a bit. What do you think?"

And there it was, the annoying little voice that always insisted on tarnishing an otherwise perfect picture. Looking back down at the witch beside him was enough to confirm that no, Louise had not been joking. "A job." Josh echoed flatly, mulling the idea around for a moment. It would keep her out of his hair, which could only be a bonus. "Doing what?" Josh asked, because Merlin knew he was supposed to care about what this witch wanted, even if that meant putting on a complete show.
Back to top Go down
Cassidy Young
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Cassidy Young

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 10:00 pm

Cassidy was so excited for the ball. She knew it would certainly be the event of the year, so naturally she had gotten her hair done, worked on her make-up to perfection, and had bought a beautiful, long dress in a soft purple colour that fit her to perfection and complemented her pale skin and fiery hair.

She walked into the ballroom, looking around in awe at its elegance and beauty, noting all the people who were mingling happily with others. The most exciting thing about the night, Cass thought, would have to be meeting new people. And the dancng of course, oh she loved dancing.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 3:53 am

Louise had been surprised to not hear him dismiss the idea right out and for a moment forgot her train of thought. "Well, I hadn't really thought about what exactly, but nothing too time consuming. Perhaps offer help at a shop or doing books for businesses. I'll keep my sweet making as a hobby." She smiled and took another sip of her drink to stall for some thought time. 

"I know I'm supposed to be acting more like a pureblood but I think a Job would be good, at least it's some experience before I think about what I want to do after I finish school." She thought for another moment. "What is it you want to do? When you leave school 
I mean. Is there a university or college or do wizards just go right into training or work?" She asked, curious to know how they did things once leaving education.
Back to top Go down
Zaire Turner
Unsorted
Zaire Turner

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 7:30 am

For the last few days, Zaire had been taking it as easy as his job would allow. Jetlagged was an understatement, despite the lack of air travel. He wasn't used to switching timezones just yet, but the trip had been successful enough to be worth it all. The talking seemed to never end, and at one point he'd almost lost his voice, but it was nice to be back home for a while.

Getting away from England and everything that work brought with it made Zaire realise one thing. He didn't need anyone special in his life right now. He was happy as he was; a single, independent man who could charm anyone and everyone if he had to. Leaving the possibilities of being a single man behind wasn't something he wanted, nor needed, because truth be told he was still hung up on Anastasia.

It had been years since he'd seen her last and she rejected his proposal. He was convinced that he loved her, that she was the person he was meant to be with, but her bloodline and further responsibilities had gotten in the way and she'd moved back to Russia the next day. His rut afterwards had been awful and he'd gotten hardly any paperwork done for months, but now he was actually happy where he was, and if he could marry his job, well, he would.

This all came into his mind as he stood next to a table, wand tucked into his inside pocket in case he needed it for any reason. Knowing him, it would be some kind of spillage on his tie that meant he had to bring it out. No-one had approached him for conversation yet, but such wasn't an issue. He was happy keeping his head low and making sure everything was as safe as it could be.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 4:31 pm

The witch explained that it wouldn't be anything time consuming and Josh merely nodded. It didn't matter to him how time consuming the job was, so long as he didn't have to hear about it. Louise wouldn't like that reply, so Josh merely nodded, figuring no words were better than the truth.

"What is it you want to do? When you leave school
I mean. Is there a university or college or do wizards just go right into training or work?"

"That, is for me to know, Grey." Josh shut down her first question quickly, not willing to even begin to explain his plans. No, the witch before him wasn't in a position of need to know information such as that, and Josh planned to keep it that way. "But, there is a university if you wish to continue. Unseen University is the magical university you would go to do that. It's an offshore university. But it depends on your career choice, some things you just jump straight in to, others require training." The Murray heir explained, Merlin this witch knew nothing, it was worrying as to what her father had actually taught her.

Nothing, Josh replied to himself, Desmond Grey had taught his daughter nothing.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Waters
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Lucy Waters

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 12:51 am

Lucy always loved to go all-out with her outfits when it came to balls. She she rocked up to Salem wearing a red, sequinneddress with a deep slit up her legs. It was form-fitting, strapless, and the colour complemented her pale skin and blonde hair, that had been curled and hung down her back.

She looked around, a feeling of excitement and awe bubbling in her stomach when she saw all the grandiose of the room. She had never attended a ball before, but she was now, and she had never felt happier.
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 9:24 am

In all honesty, Violet wasn't very into balls.She had gone reluctantly, only because her mother insisted. Though she drew the line at the ghastly pink dress her mother had wanted her to wear, because Violet didn't do pink. She wore black for a lot of the time. She preferred dark colours. Light colours were too... Sickening. So, she found a black, laced dress to wear. It suited her style much better. She walked into the room, looking around at all the people that were already there. Though she didn't speak to anyone for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Louise Grey

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 1:01 pm

Ouch! Louise flinched at the quick biting answer and finished her glass, placing it on the table and watching it vanish and be replaced by a clean one. She listened as Josh explained that there was a university that she could go to. She'd really have to look into that when she got the chance. She looked out at the crowd of people and wondered if it would be rude to ask josh for a dance before he asked her. She kept her silence and just people watched for a while, wondering if maybe in the future she would be able to relax with him like a few other couples she could see. Not that she was uptight around him but she did feel wound tighter than a bowstring at the moment with her internal mantra of 'Don't mess up Don't mess up.'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 6:13 am

The silence that surrounded them was, as Josh could note from the witch beside him, becoming uncomfortable. Josh wasn't, but he could tell from the witch's demeanour that she wasn't happy. So, turning to her, Josh held out his hand to the witch.

"Would you do the honour of giving me your first dance?" The Slytherin asked formally. It wasn't necessary with Louise, of course, but traditions were always upheld by the Murray heir. "We'll see how your lessons have been going, shall we?" He asked, a hint of a smirk on his lips. It wasn't a test, just a reassurance that they wouldn't be doing anything Lady Sheridan hadn't already taught her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Ball: Main Thread    End of the Year Ball: Main Thread  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

End of the Year Ball: Main Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next